County Of Sacramento

County Of Sacramento Employee Reviews

sacramento county
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2015
great job to have with excellent benefits, great people and an awesome look in how government really works.take a test and try it out.
Intense place to work, being with mentally challenge cliients.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Sacramento, CA 95817February 19, 2015
Pros: free food., pay was good
Cons: the jiob had a dangeous side to it.
Typical day at work is making sure that the client you are in charge is safe and that they are not hurting themselves are anyone else. i learned that people can be help with their problems.Management was not always available, but we had a direct supervisor. I worked with a great bunch of people, we had to be a team, because of the danger of our job. The hardest part of the job was watching people lose hope for their lives.
A good place to work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: government job
Cons: depends on the department or division manager
Unfortunately, as with any business, there are always people in management positions who are unfit to be there. Depending on the department, there is room to grow, and the benefits are always a plus.
Public Service
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Often employees were jaded and not interested in helping people sign up for services.
Great co-workers
Court Investigator (Former Employee), CAJanuary 5, 2015
Met great people at this employer. The most difficult part of the job was all the mandatory overtime to complete the job. However the co-workers were very helpful and friendly.
Sr. Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: not permanent
Temp position
Not much input on job skills
Nice people
Good working conditions
typical office work
Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2014
the field work part was very fun that is about it, pay was not great
Working From Home Watching 8 Children
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work included prepping breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the kids. Making sure that they have free time to enjoy themselves. Changing diapers. The hardest part of the job is finding way to keep the children entertained. The most enjoyable part of babysitting was watching the kids grow and develop.
Great
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), SacramentoOctober 24, 2013
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Great experience. The work day was never boring, it was fast paced and always had something to do. Everyone was easy to work with which made work even more enjoyable.
I WORKED WITH A GREAT BUNCH OF FOLKS AND ENJOYED MY JOB
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: lots of room for growth
Cons: i had a limited time there to begin with
I WOULD LOVE TO WORK IN THIS FIELD WHEREVER, AND AM SURE MY EMPLOYEERS WOULD GLADLY RECOMMEND ME.
Too many upper management positions to deal with.
Legal Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2013
Cons: short breaks
With assignments in place for the day, a manager might assign you to a different task. However, another manager might come behind that one and ask that you sit that assignment aside and prioritize his needs. Both managers have put you in a position of disadvantage.

I really enjoyed working with the Probation officers as well as the clerical staff. The entire office staff would work together to help each other complete tasks, if needed. On holidays, we would have food catered in for everyone.
Educational value in communiity resources and placement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Sacramento CountyJuly 7, 2013
I was the RN on an intensive placement team that monitored medical issues for psychiatric patients in locked facilities
very nice outdoor setting.met good friendly people.
In house Support Service Provider-temporary (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: freedom to work independantly.
Cons: never knew when cuts would occur.
set up golf course.good co-workers.learned many techniques reguarding job.fun work days most of the time.loved it all!!!
Fun place to work
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2012
provided great job knowledge, several places to move around for advancement
Render a much needed service in the care of infirmed in Sacramento county.
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: make my own schedule
Cons: poor parking in most cases
I have 3 clients that I care for. Each has different needs and a different level of care.What i have learned to manage is my time with each one . I attempt to give the highest level of care possible in the time given.Whether it is a trip to the market to do the shopping,or standing by while a client is having chemotherapy and trying to ease their tensions. I give them my best.The most enjoyable part of this job is caring for my clients and giving them what they need. The hardest part is knowing that one or two are suffering and not being able to fix the problem. Management is great and supportive on all levels. I have learn to do my best and that I can't fix everything all the time.
A clean, newer state of the art work shop that is a pleasent enviornment.
Tire Repairer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: $250 per year safety boot allowance
Cons: extremely politically correct environment. you must guard your every thought, words and actions, no matter how small or innocent.
I love my job. I love being a heavy-equipment tireman, however after doing this job for over 20 years my back and body needs a break. I am attending Sacramento State University in hopes of earning my BA degree so that I will be able to transfer to a less labor intensive job, one that will allow me to walk upright and not wake up in the morning in chronic lower back pain. I'm not ashamed to work in a office/supervisory job, it's just as admirable and dignified as working strenuosly on a concrete shop floor. The hardest part of my job consist of bending over and picking up 200 pound tires. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to perform my Local 39, International Brotherhood of Operating Engineers shop stewart duties, this gives me a chance to assist my coworkers in myriad ways, most of them positive.
enjoys to work with elderly
personal care assistant/caregiver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: learning about people
Cons: when they become ill
getting to work with the elderly.im my own boss.. i enjoy working for this company

County Of Sacramento Salaries