County Of Sacramento Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Headaches non stop
Human Services Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2017
Only way to move up the ladder is not by performing well in your job duties but by socializing with upper management. Management is never around for assistance overall job is stressful with lack of support. Management cares about themselves not their employees.
Cons
Micromanaged
Wonderful experince
Family Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2017
I loved working for the department of human health services. I look forward to going to work everyday and waiting to impact the lives of others. I love working with families and young The hardest part of my job was when I had to remove a child from their home because of child neglect or abuse. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping families stay connected.
It's a great place to work
Sr. Highway Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2017
I start off with receiving instructions from my supervisor. Who is a great guy. He gives me instructions, for the day. And then I start my day. With inspections.
Pros
Clean working inviroment
Cons
Much needed work done by County for community of Sacramento.
Human Services Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2017
Worked for Adult Protective Services as an intake social worker: much needed work connecting vulnerable seniors and dependent adults to services, resources, intervention. Need more staff to handle great need. Valuable work that is not always appreciated; except for the satisfaction that you probably have really helped people who really need this program.
Pros
When you are able to help and solve problems, feels great.
Cons
More staff and resources needed.
Interning for the County of Sacramento
Engineer Architect Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2017
This is my first internship as well as my last. The job environment is not too pressing. It is very doable. The 9/80 schedule is perfect for someone who expects a three day weekend for every two weeks. I have learned a lot about the department of transportation and the problems it faces in everyday situation. When I first started as a interning, I did not have the specific skills they required, however, the employees were nice enough to helped me learn and developed specific software skills, such as GIS and AutoCAD preferred by the civil engineer profession. The hardest part of the job is to work independently and continue on an incomplete project, which was started 2009. The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with engineers and architects either during lunch or during the job.
Prodactive & fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 3, 2016
File folders for Department of Health Administration, photocopying reports, prepare new cases for CAL-Works & Medi-Cal programes, translate Ukrainian & Russian files as needed, assist other office assistants translate Slavic files.
NIce place to work
Administrative Services Officer II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
Work load is moderate and easy to handle. Very fulfilling work that is a benefit t the community. Would love return to this job in the future.
Pros
benifits
Cons
suporvisors
Creative and laid back but a little slow
Communications and Media Officer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2016
My only complaint is that I wish I could have done more. Sometimes it felt like there were so many departments and supervisors to coordinate with and get approval from that I felt ready to go but was still waiting for the green light.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  County of SacramentoMarch 1, 2016
I've been working with the County for almost 10 years. Overall, it's a good place but limited development and promotion. Team work is limited and collaboration of ideas are encouraged.
Dedicated Public Health Nurses are a joy to work with!
Supervising Public Health Nurse Supervisor/Mgr (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Providing leadership to staff and providing health education to the public in various arenas has been/is very rewarding professionally. The County allowed me various opportunities to develop my skills in doing just that!
great people to work with
Office Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  sac. caOctober 25, 2015
good place to work, and have all the benefits, regular work shift, and I liked helping people and getting things done. a great place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
budget lay offs
Provided financial security while also allowing me to help children and families.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2015
Working for Sacramento County was challenging at best. We handled at least 45 caseloads at a time and the work was never completed. I learned to be flexible and patient and to not have expectations about any given day. The hardest art of the job was dealing with the politics and the best part was helping the kids.
Pros
Salary; working with and advocating for children/teens.
Cons
The work was never done.
Highway Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CaSeptember 25, 2015
I got to learn new skills that I would have never done before. Hardest part of the job was safety because we worked on the road ways with the general public.
Stable Employment
Secretary (Current Employee) –  East ParkwayJuly 1, 2015
The advantage to working for the County if job security. However, there is little room for advancement and salary increases are few and far between. Those looking for long-term, stable employment, would be happy here.
Pleasant enviornment
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2015
My job consisted of routine office duties: opened, sorted and distributed mail, drop filing. Receptionist duties.

I worked on a team of 8, claims adjusters and they were a great group to work with. Each provided support when needed and willing to answer any question pertaining to the job.

The hardest part of of the job was maintaining the filing as there were massive amounts of paperwork and billing to be filed. Each team member had up to 150 clients each.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a great group co-workers and the pleasant teamwork enviornment.
Pros
Flexibility, team environment
Cons
Job is repetiitve.
Fun people and good management teams
Building Security Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2015
Overall a good place to work. The environment is professional but still on the lighter side. In addition the people you meet and work with are some of the best. Everyone is ready to help in whatever way they can.
Great Benefits
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2015
Great benefits, but the pay should have been more for the amount of work that had to be done. Everyday was something new and had the support of co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No good pay
sacramento county
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2015
great job to have with excellent benefits, great people and an awesome look in how government really works.take a test and try it out.
Intense place to work, being with mentally challenge cliients.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95817February 19, 2015
Typical day at work is making sure that the client you are in charge is safe and that they are not hurting themselves are anyone else. i learned that people can be help with their problems.Management was not always available, but we had a direct supervisor. I worked with a great bunch of people, we had to be a team, because of the danger of our job. The hardest part of the job was watching people lose hope for their lives.
Pros
Free food., pay was good
Cons
The jiob had a dangeous side to it.
A good place to work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Unfortunately, as with any business, there are always people in management positions who are unfit to be there. Depending on the department, there is room to grow, and the benefits are always a plus.
Pros
Government job
Cons
Depends on the department or division manager