COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA

COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA Employee Reviews

Great benefits, terrible administration
Psychiatric RN II (Former Employee), PsychiatrySeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, most coworkers
Cons: no breaks, ridiculous rules and autocratic supervisors
I worked as a Psychiatric RN for 25 years and was able to retire - thank God because the job was killing me! Decisions are made with no common sense basis and there is a lot of nepotism as far as advancement opportunities. I liked most of the line staff and we had to work together since the environment was pretty dangerous thanks to the very lax administration.
County of Santa Clara-
Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: too much of who you know, not what you know....
I have had the privilege of working at the County for the past 10 years. I have blossomed as a clinician serving underserved children and their families.

I am a Lead Clinician at KidScope. We provide multi disciplinary targeted assessments to children 0-5 years old. The family meets with a psychotherapist first to gather all the relevant psycho-social history and if is it warranted. The psychotherapist refers to our developmental behavioral pediatrician and a psychologist from Children's Health Council.

We have provide psychotherapy to chlidren 0-18 years old...
Friendly work environment
Office Specialist I/Management Aide (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: room to grow, welcoming atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons: as extra help no benefits, and position is not stable.
For my position there was a lot of interaction between co-workers (being the receptionist). At the county they really strive to bring everyone together happily in both work functions and outside. There is a lot of room to grow if you are willing to ask others, for example I learned more on Lotus Notes, Office 365, Microsoft Access, and migrating information from different servers all just by asking others if were in need of help with any projects they were working on.
Productive, providing the best services to the community
EWII (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: rewarding work and promotional opportunities
Cons: very stressful
Busy, but rewarding in that you are helping people with services needed for them and their families. A great opportunity to use all your skills in various data bases by: data entry, processing applications and providing benefits, applying rules and regulations and using extensive interviewing skills.
I consider myself as a very productive employee
Operating room aide (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: exposure to different cultures and different races; open for learning any new updates
Cons: almost always short of o, r. aides, too much bending, pulling and pushing heavy objects, too much expectations from us
I've been working as Operating Room Aide since October 2002 as extra help then got coded on February 2005. Part of the job is to work harmoniously with co workers, respecting their cultures and beliefs (and so with patients), share knowledge about work, helping doctors, nurses and patients alike in the operating rooms so as maintain as good working environment.
Very busy and professional environment
Public Defender - Senior Paralegal (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Love it that I was always busy and doing real good in the lives of our clients... Lots of responsibility and autonomy to get it done.
Big company & union job.
Office Specialist III (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 20, 2013
Pros: my days at work moved rapidly.
Cons: job was extra help.
Good training. Days passed by quickly, due to busy face paced environment. I liked getting off work earlier than 5 p.m. It was nice to get off work in the day light time. Job was extra help.
Productive and Sophisticated Place to Work
Office Specialist III (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 7, 2013
If you want a job that allows you to service your community and build a professional reuputation, The Clerk of The Board is for you. It may not be much fun, but the employees are well educated in their positions and able to direct you to the right person or department every time.
good learning place
road maintenance worker 3 (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 7, 2013
Pros: great leaning experience, made alot of friends and enjoyed what i learded and did
just great place to work,I learn a lot about how government agency work together to better the county
Great place for long-term career.
Registrar of Voters (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: benefits, retirement, people
Cons: can lack the challenge in your day to day projects/work.
Lots of options to transfer and develop your long-term career with the County of Santa Clara. Would not have left if College were offered at night classes for my Bachelors degree.
Very productive and every day is a learning experience.
OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: friendly employees
Assisted clients with mail services or if they needed to talk to their workers; Prepared packets for clients; and photo copied as needed.
Great to work for a County with Benefits at 100%
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: harsh real life learning
Cons: sad state of affairs in the mental health world
I left College expecting I would go into this field to make a difference and help others while working towards a PHD. However I learned that at that time (cannot speak what it is today) was a very cruel environment and my position felt more like a Guard at a prison and I never felt the system was helping but actually hurting lives and families. I simply had to leave on my morals and principle.
Very interactive work environment with clients. Staff shares social care and concern for others
Employment Counselor (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 19, 2012
Cons: no merit increases
The County is a great place for people who care about the welfare of others and desire to improve and impact their lives through various government services. Employees are caring and compassionate about their work.
Employment Counselor III (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 19, 2012
Employment Counselor III (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 19, 2012
Cons: no merit increases
service to the aged and vulnerable
Accounts Payable Staff (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: it is a job that pays.
It is a regular government agency. Everyday is a busy working day, lots of things to be accomplished within a time table. Job was a piece of cake despite its daily challenges. Management is unlike what I have in previous job environment. Co-workers are the usual cultural variety. Most enjoyable part is getting the job done exceeding expectations.
I have fun to work
Registrar of Voters (Current Employee), San jose CaOctober 12, 2012
I work full time at Santa Clara County. I like my job, but the job for seasonal. I work as mapping division.I learn alot experiences from my manager. My manager is very nice. He teach me very detail at beginning. Now, I am very enjoyable to work my job. Although my job is very detail, I still handle very good. I hope the job hire full year, so I can work in good environment with nice and helpful co-workers.
Stability
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: know what your pay rate will be
Cons: pay rates are set
For the most part very stable and great benefits. Most enjoyable part of the job is the bi-weekly pot lucks.
great environment and always a workshop to take at the learning partnership.
ECCAC Latino Community Partner/Peer Support Worker (Former Employee), San Jose CAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: the learning partnership training classes.
Cons: no benefits for contractors.
a typical day at work would be to assist latino families with navigating the hospital system to receive the proper resources avaialble.
Sr. Business Analyst/Data Analyst (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work if your looking for a job that is rewarding and satisfying.