County of Santa Cruz Employee Reviews

Diverse and people oriented place to work!
Legal Document Examiner County Clerk/Recorder (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 17, 2014
A workday mostly consists of recognizing what comes first on the priority list. Various positions I held in the County of Santa Cruz meant different priorities. Learning different software for each department, to identify what is priority and methodically working until goals are achieved. I feel it is important to keep a professional, friendly work atmosphere with my colleagues and so I get along with everyone. Best part of the job is when I've learned the software, program etc and feeling productive as a employee.
Pros
great people, lots of opportunities to learn and community oriented.
Cons
commuting from monterey to santa cruz and back daily.
Very challenging behaviors from the students and some isolation amongst staff as we each worked at a different school site;.
Mental Health Client Specialist (Children's school (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 26, 2013
Provide mental health support to assigned classroom, conduct individual play sessions and one group session for the whole classroom each day. Intervene if a student or the classroom has a crisis. After being at the school site - therapist goes to youth that require outpatient services in order to benefit in their education and mange their feelings and behaviors. Then the last hour or more before the end of the day and then perhaps going to a students house to provide family therapy. Management remained focused much more on documentation than the actual care and services staff offered. I found my co-workers as very tight knit often times excluding newer team members and they resisted offering direct feedback - preferring to complain about an issue to the supervisor. The hardest was feeling alienated from the larger team. The best part was sessions with the students and and families.
Pros
good pay and excellent benefits. i also enjoyed working with whole families.
Cons
management fed splits between older staff and new staff, at times would go behind staff's back to check up on them.
supportive co-workers
Mental Health Client Specialist (Children's school (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CADecember 14, 2012
Challenging work with disturbed youth in a school setting
repetitive documentation
Collaborating with special ed teachers
Time spent running groups.
Pros
very supportive treatment teams
Cons
political nature of special ed
make it more professional work enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 23, 2012
I just dont like how some co-workers dont follow the dress code.
Workers will show up to work with jeans, tennis, sweathers it just doesnt look professional at all. For food service more hours than just have to work 4-5hrs a day.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
restrooms more clean
Child support division/ District attorneys office fun place to work for!
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 10, 2012
A typical day at work was reception, switchboard back -up, customer service data entry. I was a bilingual clerk II. I learned a lot of customer service and did a lot of contact with parents, legal guardians, made appoints with their case workers. I did a lot of confidentially data entry on their case history. Management was good I loved my manager and coworkers very helpful and very friendly! the hardest part of my job was going home at the end of the day I loved that place! the most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the people there.
Pros
luncheons meetings
Cons
no cons
Intriguing and service oriented fun job
Electronic Voting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa CruzJuly 25, 2012
Fun to be apart of the primary elections and be there for people in the community to show them how to use electronic and paper voting techniques.

Really cool co-workers and good boss.
Pros
free doughnuts
Loved working with the people there.
Typist Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 24, 2012
Government job. Great experience. Loved my job. I was sorry to loose this job.

4.3