County Of Sonoma

County Of Sonoma Employer Reviews

Loved the connection with many departments!
Admin Clerk/Tech/Planner II (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: cool managers, fun/motivational events, great benefits
Cons: possible frustrated/irate customers
I loved working for the County of Sonoma and I had the most amazing Managers there! They were mentors and role models to me. I learned all about the government process and the Planning field. I was able to establish and sustain wonderful working relationships with many departments, agencies, and customers. We organized many fun County events to boost morale and motivate others. Sometimes you needed to deal with frustrated customers though the County provided training and resources on how to effectively deal with them. There are many different departments where you can contribute to your employer's success and feel that you are doing a great job.
IT Career Background to Date:
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my tenure at the county of sonoma.
Cons: none.
I believe I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking and would make a valuable addition to Nexus IS. I have attained more than 19 years of progressive experience in the Information Systems field. I started my career in 1995 as a Certified Novell Administrator with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Companies home office in Novato, Ca. The Fireman’s Fund position allowed me to advance from Local Systems Administrator to Network Engineer in the Litigation Support Unit. I attained my Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification as well as my Cisco CCNA in anticipation of Fireman’s Fund outsourcing their IT division in 2001. I then resigned to take a job offer from the County of Sonoma. My experiences at the County of Sonoma included working on several major projects with the local Nexus IS crew, across all county departments.
Great people and leadership
Temporary employee (Current Employee), County of SonomaDecember 12, 2014
Great team work, staff is knowledgeable and dedicated with integrity in their work.
Productive, diverse and fun workplace
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: talented, knowledgeable, and friendly co-workers
Cons: taking breaks when needed, is there ever enough time
A typical day at work would start at 8:00 am, opening the front door and the phone lines for the public office of Sonoma Works, Employment and Training Division -Welfare office. I enjoyed meeting with clients and co-workers on a daily basis and helping in a small or large way. The job as the Receptionist was always the same and yet different everyday. One of the best jobs I have had and really enjoyed. My co-workers were always ready to answer questions if needed. The hardest part of the job was knowing someone needed extra help especially with Domestic Violence and I could not provide it for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching clients change and grow with the help of Sonoma Works and see the good changes in their lives taking place.
great
Department Analyst; Research Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CASeptember 27, 2014
Yes, it is great working with like-minded professionals. That's all I have to say.
Local Government
Administrative Aide (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAMarch 17, 2014
Compensation not raised in years. Management wants more and more out of employees without any incentive to do so.