County Of Sonoma Employee Reviews in United States

Loved the connection with many departments!
Admin Clerk/Tech/Planner II (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I loved working for the County of Sonoma and I had the most amazing Managers there! They were mentors and role models to me. I learned all about the government process and the Planning field. I was able to establish and sustain wonderful working relationships with many departments, agencies, and customers. We organized many fun County events to boost morale and motivate others. Sometimes you needed to deal with frustrated customers though the County provided training and resources on how to effectively deal with them. There are many different departments where you can contribute to your employer's success and feel that you are doing a great job.
Pros
cool managers, fun/motivational events, great benefits
Cons
possible frustrated/irate customers
IT Career Background to Date:
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 2, 2015
I believe I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking and would make a valuable addition to Nexus IS. I have attained more than 19 years of progressive experience in the Information Systems field. I started my career in 1995 as a Certified Novell Administrator with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Companies home office in Novato, Ca. The Fireman’s Fund position allowed me to advance from Local Systems Administrator to Network Engineer in the Litigation Support Unit. I attained my Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification as well as my Cisco CCNA in anticipation of Fireman’s Fund outsourcing their IT division in 2001. I then resigned to take a job offer from the County of Sonoma. My experiences at the County of Sonoma included working on several major projects with the local Nexus IS crew, across all county departments.
Pros
enjoyed my tenure at the county of sonoma.
Cons
none.
Local Government
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 17, 2014
Compensation not raised in years. Management wants more and more out of employees without any incentive to do so.
Loved the work just not the month to month potential job loss
Account Clerk II/Admin Asst for HR Dept (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 14, 2015
No day was the same. I enjoyed working with many different types of people in various departments. I enjoyed the fast paced environment. It could be a last minute report/spreadsheet for a manager or the ongoing changes that are always happening in the County.
Productive, diverse and fun workplace
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would start at 8:00 am, opening the front door and the phone lines for the public office of Sonoma Works, Employment and Training Division -Welfare office. I enjoyed meeting with clients and co-workers on a daily basis and helping in a small or large way. The job as the Receptionist was always the same and yet different everyday. One of the best jobs I have had and really enjoyed. My co-workers were always ready to answer questions if needed. The hardest part of the job was knowing someone needed extra help especially with Domestic Violence and I could not provide it for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching clients change and grow with the help of Sonoma Works and see the good changes in their lives taking place.
Pros
talented, knowledgeable, and friendly co-workers
Cons
taking breaks when needed, is there ever enough time
You get to help people the really need the help
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2015
A typical day start by helping a elderly person with their medications and after that I help her making their food lunch and diner.
Pros
you help people the need the help
Cons
don't have good benefit
Need to improve training process
Eligibility Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The 8 week training did not prep you for the job you were hired for. The actual training occurs when you start working and it is all subject to whom ever is reviewing your work. It lacks constancy.
Great people and leadership
Temporary employee (Current Employee) –  County of SonomaDecember 12, 2014
Great team work, staff is knowledgeable and dedicated with integrity in their work.
great
Department Analyst; Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 27, 2014
Yes, it is great working with like-minded professionals. That's all I have to say.