County Of Sonoma Employee Reviews

great place to learn a lot fast
Maintenance Worker/ Extra help (Current Employee) –  Sonoma County, CAJuly 9, 2017
-a typical day at work is never typical. There is always something new to work on. almost every day is different, which makes it a great place to work if you want to learn a lot fast. i have had a great experience working here because almost everyday i have learned something new.
working with the county has been a pleasure since the management is top notch. Any problem Ive had or question I have given them has been taken care of in a very professional manner.
overall working for the county is great. The day to day work life is always a pleasure.
For me one of the hardest pats of the job can be the heat. The asphalt we lay is over 300 degrees, so the heat can be overwhelming at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have to be the great feeling I get from happy citizens.
Great place to work. Good People. Very Professional.
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 20, 2017
The Sonoma County District Attorney's Office was an excellent place to work. The District Attorney knows everyone in her department and takes an interest in the wellbeing of all her employees. All the staff at every level are made to feel like they are critical components of the prosecution team and they take considerable pride in the Office.
Pros
Close-knit professional organization with dedicated people
Great place to work!
Account Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 6, 2017
I worked the accounts receivables for the cases in the X
County system. I learned how to apply wage garnishments for the cases in the Child Support accounting system. I audited cases to make sure all changes within each case was accounted for.
Pros
Pay was good. The management was good.
Cons
Sonoma County was a suberb county to work for
Social Worker IV (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 3, 2016
I had the best experience at Sonoma county my supervisor took time with me weekly and supported me professionally and personally. My work performance reflected the excellent support I received and my co workers were professional and personable and supportive as well
Great team!
Registrar of Voters - extra help (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 25, 2016
Love this job. Plan to stay. Great team to work with. I have been working with this group for 3 years and truly look forward to each election season. Fantastic group of workers and great leadership.
Fulfilling work with a lot of opportunity
Employment and Training Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 17, 2015
You begin your day checking voice mails, alerts, and processing urgent applications or documents. Your morning will consist of either an application (depends on composition) you might take 1-3 hours. If you don't get an application you will be working independently on other cases that need to be passed. Your afternoon looks much the same. On average you get 1-2 cases per day and must pass as soon as possible (timelines/deadlines are very important). You will process on some days homeless assistance, emergency TANF or CF, and enroll clients in the CalWORKS program. Most of your duties revolve around granting and passing cases form your interviews.
Pros
Great co-workers, room for growth, fulfilling work
Cons
long hours at desk/interview rooms, not a lot of flexibility
Loved the work just not the month to month potential job loss
Account Clerk II/Admin Asst for HR Dept (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 14, 2015
No day was the same. I enjoyed working with many different types of people in various departments. I enjoyed the fast paced environment. It could be a last minute report/spreadsheet for a manager or the ongoing changes that are always happening in the County.
You get to help people the really need the help
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2015
A typical day start by helping a elderly person with their medications and after that I help her making their food lunch and diner.
Pros
you help people the need the help
Cons
don't have good benefit
Need to improve training process
Eligibility Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The 8 week training did not prep you for the job you were hired for. The actual training occurs when you start working and it is all subject to whom ever is reviewing your work. It lacks constancy.
Loved the connection with many departments!
Admin Clerk/Tech/Planner II (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I loved working for the County of Sonoma and I had the most amazing Managers there! They were mentors and role models to me. I learned all about the government process and the Planning field. I was able to establish and sustain wonderful working relationships with many departments, agencies, and customers. We organized many fun County events to boost morale and motivate others. Sometimes you needed to deal with frustrated customers though the County provided training and resources on how to effectively deal with them. There are many different departments where you can contribute to your employer's success and feel that you are doing a great job.
Pros
Cool Managers, Fun/Motivational Events, Great Benefits
Cons
Possible Frustrated/Irate Customers
IT Career Background to Date:
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 2, 2015
I believe I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking and would make a valuable addition to Nexus IS. I have attained more than 19 years of progressive experience in the Information Systems field. I started my career in 1995 as a Certified Novell Administrator with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Companies home office in Novato, Ca. The Fireman’s Fund position allowed me to advance from Local Systems Administrator to Network Engineer in the Litigation Support Unit. I attained my Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification as well as my Cisco CCNA in anticipation of Fireman’s Fund outsourcing their IT division in 2001. I then resigned to take a job offer from the County of Sonoma. My experiences at the County of Sonoma included working on several major projects with the local Nexus IS crew, across all county departments.
Pros
Enjoyed my tenure at the County of Sonoma.
Cons
None.
Great people and leadership
Temporary employee (Current Employee) –  County of SonomaDecember 12, 2014
Great team work, staff is knowledgeable and dedicated with integrity in their work.
Productive, diverse and fun workplace
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would start at 8:00 am, opening the front door and the phone lines for the public office of Sonoma Works, Employment and Training Division -Welfare office. I enjoyed meeting with clients and co-workers on a daily basis and helping in a small or large way. The job as the Receptionist was always the same and yet different everyday. One of the best jobs I have had and really enjoyed. My co-workers were always ready to answer questions if needed. The hardest part of the job was knowing someone needed extra help especially with Domestic Violence and I could not provide it for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching clients change and grow with the help of Sonoma Works and see the good changes in their lives taking place.
Pros
Talented, knowledgeable, and friendly co-workers
Cons
taking breaks when needed, is there ever enough time
great
Department Analyst; Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 27, 2014
Yes, it is great working with like-minded professionals. That's all I have to say.
Local Government
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 17, 2014
Compensation not raised in years. Management wants more and more out of employees without any incentive to do so.