Courier Express Employee Reviews

Great experience
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Calm environment, it teach me how to work in a fast paced company. Management could do a great improvement and their equipment as well. once those factors chance everything will be better.
Pretty chill environment
STOCKER, COURIER EXPRESS, GWINNET, GA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2017
The job was pretty chill and I learned how to sort different products for each county of the city, load palettes correctly, and move at a quick pace since it was a fast paced environment.
Long days, good benifits
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNDecember 6, 2017
Work day started at 4 am, unload delivery, sort routes, monitor drivers.
Learned the courier business.
Management fair, but strict to company rules.
culture was a friendly atmosphere.
Ensuring all deliveries were completed.
Being able to get out to make deliveries and enteract with customers.
Pros
great bennifits
Cons
early mornings
Your own space
Scanner Sorter Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 5, 2017
At courier, the environment is pretty relaxed. The pace is based on the shipment. Other than that, it's just a night of sorting and scanning boxes and making sure they're in the proper place.
Pros
listen to music
Cons
may get sleepy
Not a good work environment/Too much stress
Courier/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 2, 2017
Don't do it. This company low balls the contracts and pay is very low. Management disrespects the drivers and sometimes will not pay you for the runs.
Cons
Simple job that only takes a few hours to complete
Paper Carrier (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAOctober 31, 2017
I have worked as a paper carrier for over the past two years. The pay was decent but I believe I should have been paid a little bit more. Gas is expensive when you need to use 1/8 of a tank every single day.
Pros
Very easy
Cons
Not paid for vacations, delivering in winter isn’t great.
it is what you make it.
Fork lift operator/team lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
Typical night at Courier Express I unload and load about 10 trucks a night with a forklift and one truck manually onto a belt and after everything is done help the van drivers load up.
Cons
short breaks
Decent as a middle ground job between real jobs
Courier/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 18, 2017
Great place if you don't know when you can work, flexible. very busy at certain times of the year however some times completely dies off and there is no work even if you have a set route.
Pros
make your own hours for the most part
Cons
lack of real work
Company did not pay any benifits
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 4, 2017
I have nothing to say Iam just moving on very bad experince and there company is being sold company never paid earned sick time or they had no benifits
Pros
Cons
No benifits
Long distance management, unrealistic expectations
Louisville, KY OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2017
As a 3PL provider for Office Depot, WalMart Pharmacy and Delta Airlines it was extremely difficult to find contract drivers willing to put up with the companies SOP. Unrealistic expectations and no ability to listen to contractors to improve operations lead to their losing their contract with all of them.

Office closed.
Pros
Regular income
Cons
Mismanagement, poor communications, unrealistic expectations
I get along with all the dispatchers I have no problem if running to me and I'm going to them I enjoy my surrounding
Independent Contractor/Courier (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 21, 2017
I'm a courier looking for a job that pays by route at this point in time I am getting paid by the hour the years that I have work as a courier I never got paid by the hour as an independent contractor so I'm looking for more work that pay me by the route and with my experience I should be able to find something I respect the person who I'm working with I don't complain I do my job
An Opportunity.
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2017
Typical day come and unload trailer, Have work available for the rest of worker when the shift start. The hardest part of the job was getting to work.
Pros
Lay Back
Cons
Not enough equipment
Relaxed work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 31, 2017
You are really by yourself the whole time on the job. The only thing I have to worry about most of the time is getting the delivery delivered on time. The other concern is if my weekly route is canceled which is why I need something a little more stable.
Like a circus
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2017
very unorganized,dirty working environment. Confused management,little pay for the amount of work done.Hardest part of the job is locating missing pieces,or looking for help to find them.
Pros
Cons
alot of work for little pay
Being your own boss
Medical Stat Courier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 19, 2017
I will perform daily activities of making assigned specimen pick-ups per established departmental guidelines. The delivery of all supplies, reports and related materials to the route customer as requested. Resolve client service issues. Demonstrates organizational commitment and promotes a positive image to clients, employees and the public in general.
It doesnt take me 3 hours to scan & load.
Courier Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
I drive an hour to work with a busy home life.
That said, no complaints at that level. But why am I arriving so early if they havent inventoried the boxes by region so I can get the forklift operator to accurately set my inventory in a bay?
Don't the nightshifters put in any work?

Sometimes I dont get the route all packed; even so, it's at 10-1030.
So any time-sensitive packs must move first, not to mention the last destinations may be closed by arrival.
(Some won't say time sensitive.)
Pros
Be on your own, minus office politics.
Cons
Pays off par for owner operator. No health benefits yet you must sign up to buy work comp.
Courier Express is a good privately owned operation
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 25, 2017
The management team is experienced and capable of any task given but some of them are not motivated to perform task needed. The drivers are all from different backgrounds and some of them don't understand the needs of the corporation and how they benefit the driver objective.
Working at your own pace
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 30, 2017
This job was a self-starter position. You work at your own pace and make your own hours. There always a progressing position. Meaning you can grow this job into something of your own.
Pros
your own boss
Cons
heavy lifting
good atmosphere, very busy
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
An average day consisted of loading multiple boxes to be delivered to local businesses, and collecting packages to be shipped. It is all a team effort
Pros
Always busy. Never a dull day.
Cons
Always trying to stay ahead of the clock
Terrible work environment
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  atlanta gaMarch 28, 2017
horrible management team which leads to a high turnover rate across all positions. Corporate culture that is counterproductive. Absolutely would not recommend working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courier Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4