Courier Express Employee Reviews

Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMarch 20, 2017
Courier was a wonderful company to for. The days and hours of work was excellent. This dispatch team worked are a great group of people to communicate with.
Pros
Requesting days off was not a problem.
Cons
Last minute changes of employment
good environment to get work done
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 10, 2017
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing their progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Monday to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among the team. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly board meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board. On Fridays, once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
Pros
great business and team
Cons
no room for growth
Great Company
Regional Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Great benefits and manager while I was working there. It could be better and more organized which they were doing before I had to leave the company.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214January 27, 2017
Good company, Good guys. Started at 7:00 , ,am, get your paper work ready, load is ready the day before, Start your route until done.
Pros
there was no bugging you
Cons
Do not waste your time!!!!!!!!!
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Got contracted, they said that they will pay $6 an hour for training about iddex route which never did, did a complete day of iddex route and never got paid. Do not waste your time and gas on them NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
No longer Exist
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
•Managed the warehouse, inventory, shipping and receiving operations.
•Supervised a small group. Prioritize, plan, schedule and perform daily operation. Used inventory systems to review or correct discrepancies, took actions to avoid delays. Assisted with shipping and deliveries of products in a timely manner, scheduled additional manpower as needed.
•Trained new employees. Covered security and safety procedures to ensured total adherence to all Federal statutes regarding warehouse operations including DEA and OSHA regulations
Unprofessional
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Got the job worked two weeks. Desperate for drivers they asked me to do a road run, which wasn't what I applied for, but I helped out where I could-- in turn turned into 3 days going to North Carolina and turn and come back. No biggie I needed to work. But they after they got comfortable I spoke up and said it wasn't what I applied for and it wasn't condusive to my life schedule. They then gave me something more reasonable and everything was good. All this until I had a death in my immediate family and had to leave town ubruptly. Gone for only two weeks to attend services and other life changing events I get back thinking I have a job to not actually having a job. All this to say I kept the line of communication open between my supervisors getting the ok almost everyday. To me getting back and getting a call from the GM that I'm fired for attendance with no explanation or consideration to hear why I was even absent. He told me that he has a buisness to run and couldnt have employees not working; as if I was on a vacation. Keep I mind I didn't hear from the GM until I got back. Never while I was gone. No forewarning on possibly losing my job. Nothing.
So good luck doing buisness with Courier Express.
Your only useful while your useful.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Your a work horse.
My experice here
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2017
Not a great place to work for. Management is horrible and unorganized. The pay is decent and the work won't kill you. It's just the management, whose unable to admit mistakes and flaws.
Relaxing most of the time because I worked by myself and drove all day.
Motor Route Driver (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PANovember 3, 2016
A typical day was loading my newspapers and delivering to customers. Some days are worse because of vehicle problems or the weather. Definitely go through a lot brake and tire changes, Getting vehicle fluids changed on a regular basis. So, vehicle maintenance was the hardest part to keep up with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being on the road 4-7 hours a day, just driving along enjoying the sceneries.
Pros
Working 4-7 hours a day
Cons
Vehicle Maintenance
Great company
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 28, 2016
This was a great company to work for, they really cared about there employees. They went out of business, if they wouldn't have I would still be there.
Long hours but flexible hours
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 24, 2016
Work hours are long but flexible in that you can work from home if needed too.
Paid Time off is difficult to get approved but is attainable.
Management is fair at times but can be overly demanding at others
Co-Workers are what keep you going to work most days.
Hardest part of the job is the early morning work 3am yikes.
Most Enjoyable part of the job is free afternoons to take care of personal business (most days).
Pros
Some Flexible hours.
Cons
Long Hours, No easy access to vacation
A decent company to work for.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 19, 2016
A fairly physical job that can test your patience. Overall the co-workers are good to work with but you will fight tooth and nail for every dollar. The benefits are ok.
Pros
Vacation time was ample
Cons
Job and Financial Growth
Job was a low pressure and one that you did your job then went home.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2016
Typical night was....arrive at warehouse, load your labeled pallets, go do your route and then come back. Equipment was poor to just below average shape, pay was okay and nobody ever complained as long as you did your job right. You worked very independently and could change your route as long as it met the morning deadline in having it all done.
Pros
pay was good, benefits were cheap
Cons
equipment poor to just below average condition, night/morning job
zero job security
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 4, 2016
Must be prepared to be a "yes" person and abandon any personal/professional opinion for fear of reprisals from corporate level officials.
Ownership has little regard for employees within the corporate offices and even less for those outside. All staff and support personnel (independent contractors) are disposable. When anything doesn't go as expected, regardless of how ridiculous the expectation are, management will find a scape goat to blame and allow the true culprits to continue doing the same thing.
1) Learned very little that could be considered ethical business practice.
2) For the most part, the co-works are the only reason to be there.
3) The hardest part of the job is the fact that you have no work/life balance because you are always on call, 24/7.
Pros
too few to mention
Cons
too many
Liked the work itself, terrible management
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2016
Great coworkers, fun job, loved the job itself, terrible pay and very poor management..the hardest part of the job is dealing with the management who is always trying to cut your pay to be cheap
Pros
Great coworkers and clinics
Cons
Very poor compensation, terrible management, use your own car
awesome place to work
Courier/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 11, 2016
Management is always willing to work with your schedule, most enjoyable part of the job is you are your own boss. A typical work day consist of delivering mail or products in a timely mannner
Great place to work if you are looking for advancement.
Courier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2016
This company gave me a great chance to advance, and they kept me working all year round. I would still be working with them, but I relocated.
Pros
It feels like your are working for your self
Cons
The bad weather
driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 29, 2016
I worked as a part time driver and the hiring manager was more open to anything than the on site manager.They let me go after a customer called in a dispute about me. The customer wanted me to carry heavy containers inside to a special room,I said i would drop off heavy things at receiving dock.
Pros
Work was overall easy
Cons
manager didn;t want to listen to concernes
Easy and enjoyed being in different locations to work every day.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
Some days were productive and easy.
You need to be willing to go an extra mile for company. I really enjoyed my job. It just cost me to much money to work for this company.
The Management team was easy to work for. All you need to do is be on time for the pickup and delivery.
Enjoyed working with co workers.
The hardest part of the job was picking up heavy packages.
I enjoyed being in different places every day.
Its a job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2016
very busy when busy, very slow when not ,there is no in between.. No raises ever they will tell you 90 day and a year when being hired but when asked they will say they don't do raises not even cost of living raises. You are not important to them at all if you won't do the job that's fine they would much rather use a temp agency and get some fly by night individuals.. As long as there is a warm body in the seat "that won't as for anything to better then selves" they are perfectly content. It is a job but very very very far from being a career or a place to retire from. Upper management delegates everything so that they have to do as little as possible. The job changes so much it's hard to know your duties from one week to the next, hours change aswell
Pros
Pretty routine for most part
Cons
No raises none. Zer0

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courier Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4