Courier Express Employee Reviews in United States

Bad Management/ No Advancement
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHNovember 5, 2015
Management would only be in twice a week, no room for promotions or pay raise. Would have to work with broken/old equipment. Dirty workplace as well.
Pros
Plenty of over-time
Cons
Low pay, not enough employees for the job
close to home
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2016
Typical day at work, u come in get your assignment and start your day. What I've learn is the type of material that I dealt with and the system of how it work. Management was great they manage the job, as far as the co-workers they are team players the work together. I don't think there was not hard about the job just the pay was a lot less then I thought. the most enjoyable part about it was the people.
Pros
learning the system
Cons
the pay for the work u do
to many leaders not enough doers
driver supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
after pulling multiple 20 to 22 hrs shifts trying to train new drivers on routes and cover other routes. I get a phone call in the morning saying that the manager of freight did not need an email saying that patience was needed to let driver learn there job and that if I could not do my job maybe he should fire me. NO verbal or written discipline in the entire time I have been with this company and I get fired over the phone. I small time operations trying to be a big time operations.
Pros
it's a pay check
Cons
no support to drivers use them up and spit them out
Courier Express Just Bad Place to Work or Have a Career
Freight Supervior (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2015
I was hired as a freight supervisor and initially really took to the company's needs because they were in such a bad way in the market I was taking over.

Their turnover rate in this market was over 300% per year. Their pay was not competitive and their requirement for hours had some of the drivers making less than $11 per hour for a 11-13 hour day.

In addition, their relationship with their customer base was horrific.

I set out to correct what was in front of me, regardless of what it took.

In two months I brought the turnover rate to less than 7%. Reworked the routes so drivers could have a chance at making a living.

I established daily relations with their customer base which worked with all but one of them.

However, to do this.., this was the schedule they required from me, and this is important.

Get ready for work around 3:15 pm. Leave for work at 4:15 to 4:30. Arrive at work around 5:15. Oversight over inbound and outbound freight from a customer warehouse. They did not even have their own offices. Help with identifying and loading freight with launch times averaging around 1:00 am. (This too was the best in the their company from the 2 months I accomplished this. It used to be their worst area).

Drive home and stay awake until 6:30-7:00 am taking care of driver issues that were essentially a nightly occurrence. Around 7:00 am go to bed. Between 8:30 am and 9:00 am was usually woken up by management asking about the night before and asked to send emails to clients resolving issues. Would typically stay awake until 10:00 - 11:00. Then go back to sleep.
  more...

My average sleep time for a 3 month period before I left was less than 5-6 hour per night. My dedicated time working averaged 90-105 hours per week with ZERO extra compensation.

With the exception of 2 of the 29 drivers, only two made a living. The others needed to be supplemented by other jobs on the weekends or by a spouse with another income.

The company has extremely old technology which is patched together from several 3rd party sources. Their trucks were well maintained, but their trailers were literally scary. Daily issues.

The company was losing money in this region. Not because the drivers or supervisors couldn't get the job done, they did for the most part. It was the upper management that could not secure contracts, or made bad ones that places the rest of the employees in a terrible position.

I knew of not a single person that was happy there, save one of the upper mangers. Even the people in HR would speak with me about how they could not wait to go somewhere else.

If you need a job that doesn't pay, works you far too hard for what you get, but you need money for a month or two, this might be your thing. But fair warning, you can make more at WalMart per hour on average than you can here with a CDL and Hazmat endorsement.

It's the only company I've ever worked for in any industry that I would give the worst rating possible to. You will literally hate your life.

If it was possible to rate them lower than one star, but rather a zero star rating, that's courier express.
Pros
Not even being home was worth it, because you really are never at home.
Cons
Name it, it's a Con
Friendly environment working with the public
Mail Service Courier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work begins around 3 am and ends around 4 pm daily. Management and co-workers work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is ensuring every delivery is perfect as I strive for perfection. I enjoy interacting with the public sector.
Cons
No benefits
Wonderful learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Courier Express was an opportunity to grow in my professional life exponentially. I learned an abundance of strong customer service skills and requirements. The team is very tight knit, and oriented in problem solving.
There is nothing to break the monotony at the work place. No social outlet is provided for the employees.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2015
1.) A typical work day is stressful
2.) You learn to work smart not hard.
3.) I work well with my employees and they are happy to do there job with organization and respect.
4.) My Co-workers and myself work as a team to get the job done.
3.) When you come in to find the shift before has not done their part and now you have to clean up their mess before you can even get started with your shifts responsibilities.
5.) When my shift ends
Pros
There are no Pros or incentives.
Cons
The company has one person doing a 5 persons duties, expectation for getting it done is inhuman.
supply and distribution
Independent Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2015
delivery stuff to customers scan items and check the expiration date on products. supply items to customers do lnventory on dairy bases items
nights
lead driver/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2015
night deliveries, freight hardly ever ready on time, still required to meet delivery times based on leaving on time, with no way of making up time.
poor management
Independent Contractor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 23, 2015
Management didnt care about employees learning the proper way to do job are care about employees concerns not a good work enviroment at all
Pros
Cons
to many to mention
Great job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Very good hours and easy job, just very hard on your car. The pay does not satisfy the wear and tear on your car. very demanding position in the winter weather, with no back up drivers
disorganized company
I/C (Current Employee) –  tampa flJanuary 29, 2014
I have never seen a more disorganized company. The Tampa office
is were I work. I have been with them for about a year as a I/C
No one seems to be held accountable for anything they do or say.
The pay system is a joke. I have tried to figure out my pay, but can't
do to the fact no one can explain it to me. EXAMPLE : The company will have you deliver a 300 pound box for $ 1.45 some 60 miles away
When you ask management about the $ 1.45 low ball price you get the runaround. then you call The Orlando office where the payroll is and get more of a run around. Needless to say I stopped delivery 300 pound boxes for that kind of money. Maybe in other parts of the country this company is good, just not down here in Tampa Florida
Cons
pay no benefits
Interacting with the customers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2015
I get to work load the truck get my manifest & go about my day. The hardest part of the job is when it rains. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interacting with the customers.
Pros
I work at my own pace
Cons
No health insurance
Fast peaced workplace
Lead Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 16, 2015
unload trucks then scan every single package that arrived to then sort all by routes, double check that every contractor had every package they where supposed to deliver that day, perform routine inventories, and occasional need to go deliver packages as well.
Pros
Time went by fast
Cons
shift hours where little hard
Not Managed well
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 22, 2011
They tell you what you want to hear to get you to accept the job, and after a few weeks they change everything that they said.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
schedule will change at the last minute, you are told one thing and shown another, management lies, no raises, you're considered just a driver
Nice traveling job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 30, 2015
I loved working for this company being that I got to travel daily. The only con was I had to use my own car and that required to much maintenance with no reimbursement.
freight delivered by tractor trailer
Courier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2014
independent contractor, very long hours. compensation diminished over time.

A lot of driving experience from delivering to multiple cities in SC.

The hardest was the consistent 14-16 hour days

The sense of accomplishment in getting all stops completed. Especially on the busy days. This was the most enjoyable
Part time delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2015
I work part time or as needed to deliver after hour's packages. I use my own car and drive about 125 miles one way. I usually go to the warehouse alone and pick up the part and take it to the customer.
Good place to work inside the warehouse.I cant speak for the drivers.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2013
I work with a good group of guys so it makes the job a little easier.The management at Courier Express is pretty good.They seem to be on top of things when we need or run out of supplies.The hardest part of my job is probably setting up to get started.After that we're pretty much on a roll.The most enjoyable part of my job i would have to say would be the conversation we have while working.We get a little laugh in,it actually makes us more productive and the time moves a little quicker.
Pros
2nd shift. great co-workers
Cons
part time
Good company not enough money
Warehouse Shipping/R (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 20, 2015
Receive product
stage product
report damages, overages and shortages
ship out damaged product