Course Hero Employee Reviews

Takes a lot of personal time
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Overall I had a good experience with Course Hero. However, because I was also a full time college student, I sometimes found myself putting work first, before my classes and personal life. If you decide to take an unpaid internship with this firm like I did, then make sure you can also keep up with your classes and not neglect friends.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
took up free time
Laid back but work intensive
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed this internship because I was able to work according to my schedule because as long as the deadlines were met it was satisfactory.
Business
Business Liaison (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2016
Course Hero has taught me how to build strong, valuable business relationships and how to grow a business while serving as cornerstone to the community.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Compensation
Resourceful and flexible schedule
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 2, 2016
It was great to have an internship with Course Hero. I learned a great deal of skills through this experience that helped me grow in a challenging work environment.
Course Hero: You learn something new everyday
Business development Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 27, 2015
On a typical day, I would talk to fellow students about notes that they no longer had any use for, and then I would set time aside to upload the material. From what I learned, I learned about how to properly manage time and make sacrifices. I also learned about how to market and what would get a lot of shares and likes. I learned how to utilize Facebook and twitter as well as some experience in managing a team. My co-workers were helpful and understanding. My supervisor was more than understanding whenever we failed and she didn't ever scold me. She would confront me in a caring way. The hardest part of the job was selling it to other students. I learned that it is hard to sell to students, but I also had help with tables and getting ideas with promotion. The most enjoyable part was when I heard some people got to use it and also my supervisor coming by and helping me with promotion. It was really effective at spreading the word and getting others involved let me know that I wasn't alone.
Pros
Patient staff and encouraging people.
Cons
No central location, and payment, at first was difficult.
relaxed workplace, good work life balance
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 16, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was how you get to make your own hours, meetings with your Course Hero manager once a week only.
Fun-filled and enjpyable
Business Development Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
Wonderful company, easy going workplace, co-workers carefully picked to ensure productive days at work. Very happy with my time there.
Good place to gain sales experience
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 21, 2015
good place to gain sales experience and networking skills, lots of ownership over your tasks and projects, highly autonomous role that requires a self-starter and motivated individual
Project Development Manager (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 15, 2015
Given work freedom, as an manager your work is only good/great as you. Great opportunity, would recommend position to anyone willing to invest the proper time.
Pros
Perfect work/life balance
Cons
Non
Good Internship for College Students
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2015
I really liked that I could balance my schoolwork as a college undergraduate, as well as work with Course Hero. You worked on your own time and got paid on commission which was nice because weeks that I had an exam, I could focus on learning, while weeks I was free I could commit to CH. Manager was very understanding of conflicts that came up and was ok with rescheduling meetings.
Very fun and involved management to work with.
Internship (Former Employee) –  DahlonegaApril 22, 2015
This internship, while the pay is low, is an excellent position to develop real world communication skills. My manager was one of the most enthusiastic and fun I've ever had. Course Hero also offers plenty of opportunities to move upwards if you prove able and stick around.
Great opportunity to improve myself, yet help others.
INTERNSHIP & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 26, 2014
This is an internship that works through long distance communications. I communicate with my "boss" once a week by phone, voice call or email. I like the flexibility and the opportunities to better my professional self. Being the sole leader of a group of more than 10 people who I did not have face-to-face contact with all the time was a challenge, but I feel as though I am overcoming that barrier. My sole duty is to reach out to other students from all over & get them to understand the mission of the Course Hero organization & ask them to donate study materials to the online database. In turn, a book is donated abroad for every course they upload.
Pros
Bonuses for meeting deadlines & over-reaching weekly goals.
Cons
A tad time consuming when balancing school and other activities.
Great experience for college students
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 11, 2014
Remote internship
Talked to manager once weekly about setting goals and how to meet them
Its a great opportunity for college students to gain sales and business development experience
Allows Employee to Work on Own Schedule
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2012
o Communicate to students the mission of Course Hero
o Create PowerPoint presentations to present to students about Course Hero
o Answer any question students may have in person and through email
o Provided over 2500 documents toward the Course Hero program to be recognized as a top intern
o Consulted through management on the restructuring of Course Hero’s overall business program