Courtesy Corporation Employee Reviews

Okay first time job
Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed training and working with the high schoolers a lot -- they were good workers and actually got along pretty well. There was some issues with management in terms of being professional and respectful to their co-managers and employees.
Stressful but fulfilling
Associate manager (Former Employee) –  St. Croix Falls, WISeptember 12, 2017
My location had a hard time finding and keeping good workers so we were always understaffed while being one of the busier stores in the area. Everyone did their best in spite of that, though.
Pros
Community, pay, flaxibility
Cons
Understaffex, stressfull, drama filled
A nice place with good management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 8, 2017
A typical day at work has time periods with a very high number of clients ( the lunch hours) where you need to work well under stress, fast and correct, and 'dead periods', when there are few clients. The management is good, reliable and well-intended towards newcomers. The most important thing i learned is to maintain my focus under intense pressure factors.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
If there is no work to do, you get sent home
can be fun loving group
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 2, 2017
It is a different environment than I thought before I was employed.
It was nice to know that food is made to order. There are reasons it looks like some people are not working when your a customer. You are assigned a location and need to work as a team. Different people get the food and others hand it out. You are sort of at the mercy of your fellow worker.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
hard standing for 8 plus hours
Courtesy Corporation
Senior Mold Designer & Production Tool Design (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 20, 2017
This was a big company and now is shut down. This plant was purchased by Berry Plastics. The plant had all the press and machinery taken out and shipped else where.
Pros
great pay
Cons
the plant is shut down
Buen ambiente laboral
Gerente de Tienda (Former Employee) –  ROCHESTER MN EUApril 28, 2017
Un ambiente diferente con diversidades de culturas
Good start
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 11, 2017
I think working here is a good start for a high school student because this is where I worked as a high school student. But in the end management was not treating me well, giving me inconvenient shifts where I would not be able to get to work due to transportation issues.
very detailed orientated
Tool and Die Machinist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 26, 2016
This position required me to review all the blue prints for the current molds I had to build, check all the math for errors, and precision grind all components for the mold. very close tolerances were necessary.
Pros
standard schedule, private workspace
Cons
designs were falible and constantly had to be corrected during the production
great challenging work
Tool and Die Machinist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 14, 2016
this company had some of the most challenging injection mold projects. if you are not willing to be challenged or can handle next to impossible work then working here will not be a place for you. I enjoyed the projects the challenge of the tight deadlines, tight tolerances, and state of the art equiptment
Pros
steady steady steady
Cons
very far away from where i lived
Good Place To Learn On Your Feet
1st Assistant Manager Store Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WINovember 14, 2015
McDonalds has a really good training program that gives you the tools to succeed. You learn how to manage people while meeting customers' needs. It is a fast paced environment that challenges you to think on your feet and make changes quickly. You must be able to adapt and improvise on short notice.

You get to work with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds, ages, and abilities. It is rewarding to bring out the best in everyone and to accomplish goals as a team.
Pros
flexible schedule within reason, free uniforms & food
Cons
constant staff shortages, low pay & not very great benefits
Managing a team of people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 20, 2015
Fast paced work environment with friendly people. Very supportive management team. Have learned how to manage a team of 30 plus team members.
Pros
Free food, good benefits
Cons
The hours of work
Sometimes challenging
Administrative Assistant/Crew (Former Employee) –  Byron, MNJune 2, 2014
My typical day started out with preparing the tills to open the store, then going through all the paperwork from the night before to make sure it was done correctly. I learned how to deal with different situations concerning customer service and administrative work. My General Manage was great to work for. I feel the supervisors needed more training on how to deal with customers and employees. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers because we were a team and got along well with each other. The hardest part of the job was watching the supervisors be disrespectful to the employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work in the office.
Pros
Enjoyed working with customers and co-workers.
Cons
No benefits, low pay.
Typical quick-service restaurant
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 30, 2012
The work is not difficult, but don't expect much down time. Hours of $1000+ sales is not uncommon, but good employees make it easier.
Pros
free meals as a manager, paid breaks, flexible scheduling
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement/growth, owners are highly conservative
it was alright
McDonalds (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIJune 12, 2012
the job was alright, I was never really bored unless it was slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courtesy Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.