Accounts Payable Clerk
This position is responsible for the coordination and processing of all vendor accounts for three companies. This position also involves bank, credit card, and account reconciliations and corresponding journal entries.
This position reports to the Controller.
This position requires a High School diploma with a minimum of ten years’ experience processing full-cycle Accounts Payable for a small company. This position also requires minimum 5 years’ experience with preparation of account reconciliations and journal entries.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of accounting processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to strictly follow policies and procedures.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects, and prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Requires confidentiality, accuracy, and dependability.
- Responsible for routing and obtaining approvals for invoices, check requests, and employee expense reports from appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coding A/P invoices and input into QuickBooks for payment.
- Prepare payment of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and reoccurring payments to vendors.
- Check printing, routing for approval, disbursement and mailing of checks.
- Obtaining, coding, and entering of petty cash receipts to petty cash accounts in QuickBooks.
- Obtaining, coding, and entering of credit card receipts into QuickBooks.
- Obtain W9’s from vendors.
- Prepare annual 1099 forms.
- Reconcile credit card statements for all credit cards.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts monthly and on a timely basis.
- Reconcile escrow bank account using the three way reconciliation.
- Reconcile certain balance sheet accounts such as underwriter liabilities.
- Resolve un-cleared check issues.
- Prepare and remit unclaimed property report to state.
- Routine light journal entries.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Indeed - 16 months ago