Courtsports Athletic Club Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A Great Job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 17, 2016
Working at CourtSports was an enjoyable experience, and I learned a lot from the job. The coworkers and management are great.
Fun atmosphere, Hard work for not that high of pay
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 22, 2013
Sadly, the owner wants to maximize his own profit not simply by obtaining more sales. Pay cuts, extended hours, and high turnover resulted in a unstable and frequently disheartening work environment.
Pros
Interaction with many members and guests (great for people-pleasers!)
Cons
Hard work for poor pay.
Customer focused and exciting atmosphere
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 19, 2013
Most often I am on the closing shift. During the evening I make food for customers, answer questions, and fill out membership change documents. Occasionally I will give a tour and sign someone up for a new membership. Front desk is in charge of basic maintenance of the club. I have learned how to work better with a team to provide excellent customer service, and how to use sales techniques with membership. My supervisor is attentive and communicates well with us. My co-workers are easy to work with and together we provide a family-friendly atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy, sometimes there will only be one person at the front desk The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my co-workers and seeing regular members returning with a positive attitude toward the club.
Pros
Free gym membership, small discount on food items
Cons
Some nights that I work alone can get very busy
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work is maintaining the building and grounds. Working with a team and taking maintenance requests. Completing maintenance requests at a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is the racquetball.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks