Front Desk Agent
Baymont Inn and Suites - Denver Airport
Responsible for answering and transferring phone calls, checking guests in and out of the hotel, taking reservations and interacting with guests to provide the best quality service possible. Performs sales and customer service functions related to guest registration, reservations, and revenue collections, in a manner that will ensure hotel guests receive a secure place to stay with friendly, attentive service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Communicate with Manager regarding status of groups.
- Communicate pertinent shift information to Manager/Supervisor and team members both verbally and in writing via log-book. Update as necessary.
- Pass on pertinent information to next shift: Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities.
- Assist team with training, supplies and support in order to consistently provide Brand quality service.
- Register guests, assign rooms, & issue room keys.
- Make courtesy call to guests to assure their complete satisfaction with their room, etc.
- Schedule and make Wake-up Calls.
- Receive and transmit messages.
- Keep records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Present statements to and collect payments from departing guests.
- Provide solutions to problems for guests, associates and management. Use empowerment to exceed associate/guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Count drawers, make deposit drop verified by witness, and run initials
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six months to one year related experience preferred.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property and IMM documents.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
- Ability to successfully complete brand standard training including brand service training.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview; reference and other background checks, and job related tests may be required.
As one of North America's largest hotel management and development companies, InterMountain Management, LLC, specializes in the select...