Coushatta Casino Resort

Coushatta Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kinder, LAMarch 27, 2015
Always room for advancement within this company. Several different departments and always new and improved skills that you can learn inorder to be a better employee.
Active Environment.
Main Banker (Former Employee), Kinder, LAMarch 12, 2015
I held the position of Main Banker. My job duties were to maintain accurate account of all monies in main bank. I would cash out winnings and maintain guest accounts for loans. It was very fast paced. We worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accuracy that needed to be kept. It was challenging, but that was the best part.
Friendly and fun place to work
Casino Host & Executive Host (Former Employee), Kinder La.December 9, 2014
They provide you with all the training you need. A great place to meet new people.
Summary
ROOM SERVICE SERVER (Former Employee), Kinder, LANovember 20, 2014
The benefits are amazing. The environment isn't that great...
steady cleaning and having southern hospitality for the customers.
Busser/ server (Former Employee), Kinder, LouisianaSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: tips and having the day to get stuff done before work.
Cons: no holidays nor time off and short breaks.
Having to set up the restaurant before the opening of the day and then having the tables set up and clean. Then serving the customer with the most southern hospitality and delivering the customers their food in a appropriate manner for their enjoyment. Then having to clean the area for the next guest in line. I learned by having a great attitude helps the customer enjoy their stay at the restaurant and maybe have them come back. The management was good watching over the servers and bussers to keep the customers happy and making sure we are on our duties at all times with the appropriate manor. Co-workers learn to work together and get along to have everything great for the customers and at our work site. Hardest part of the job is making sure everything is great with the customers food to their liking and making sure they have a great dinner. Most enjoyable part is the thanking and having to meet many wonderful people.
It is my tribes casino and its fun to work there, I want to take advantage of my sources
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: home every night
Cons: i don't have any cons
I'd recommend to work for this company, I know it is laid back, not a stressful job. I like to have a great deal of responsibility.
Wash dishes and utensils for guest
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch breaks and pto, and annual raises
Cons: rude management, favortism, and short handed most of the time
Worked with a amt of people per shift ensuring that the tableware or necessities to run a restaurant were provided. The hardest part of the job is when were short handed and it was a busy day. Management in the restaurant where I worked was horrible, treated sometimes like you were nothing and had no compassion.
Hostess at Gumbeaux's Oyster and Sports Bar (Former Employee), Kinder, LAApril 16, 2014
The guests were nice and so were the workers. It was a summer job and the hours were good.
Co-Workers & associates are great. The executive and administrative side all have elitists attitudes.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
When good leadership is in place in a company, it can be felt throughout the entire organization. With good leadership, corporate culture isn’t forced, it is developed. Communication is daily and open. Everyone understands the vision and goals of the organization, and everyone has input into how they can be improved. Employees feel that they are an important part of the whole and that every job matters within the company. Decisions for promotions are based on picking people of integrity whose talents and experience best fit the positions. Employees are encouraged to compete with their own best to get ahead and they understand that helping their coworkers to succeed is the best way to get ahead themselves. The result of good leadership is high morale, good employee retention, and sustainable long-term success.

Bad leadership can also be felt throughout the entire organization – only not in a good way. Corporate culture becomes a meaningless term where leaders claim it exists while employees shake their heads in frustration. There is a lack of clear, consistent communication from leadership to the employees. As a result, the office is run by rumor mill, politics and gamesmanship. Employees are uncertain of the company’s goals and objectives for success and they have no idea how they fit into that picture, or what their level of importance is toward making it happen. Decisions for promotions are not based on integrity or talent, but rather they are based on who can talk the biggest talk or who is deemed to be the least threatening to the current leadership team. Employees are – more... taught play dirty against coworkers to get ahead by watching as it is continuously rewarded by leadership leading to the Lobster Syndrome of tearing one another down throughout the organization. The result of bad leadership is low morale, high turnover, and a decreased ability to have any sustainable success.

Coushatta Casino has a number of great employee's who care about their job and the place where they work. To bad some people in leadership positions have no integrity and would throw those employee's under the bus to save themselves. It's a corporate culture that has infested itself overtime and is not about to change. – less
Learned a lot about cooking.
Kitchen Mechanic, Baker, Grill Cook (Former Employee), Kinder, LADecember 17, 2013
Pros: room for advancement.
Cons: had to move away because of personal reasons.
I started at the bottom and worked my way into the bakery where I became a supervisor at night. I was in charge of making the rolls and breads for the casino. I was then able to move over to Kitchen Maintenance and learned about repairing the various kitchen equipment throughout the casino.
Fun and exciting place to work
ADVANTAGE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Advantage Club / Box OfficeNovember 27, 2013
Pros: reduced/free lunches, breaks
Everyday is different depending on flow of guests. Co-workers are pleasant to be around. Hardest part of the job - my current position is not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily.
Fun workplace , good food, good health care.
Steward (Former Employee), Kinder, LANovember 19, 2013
Pros: fun enviroment.
Cons: shift can be demanding or shorthanded at times
Working for Coushatta was very delightful. The culture was very diverse. The managment team was pertty good. Thier goal was to work hard and have fun. Coushatta itself offered a lot of opportunitys and trainig in diffrent job fields. They have excellent healthcare coverage for full-time and part-time associates. I would rate my overall experience at Coushatta a 7 out of 10 only because some of the shifts can be quit demanding and at times staffing is shorthanded.
Great Company with Great Benefits buts thats it
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee), Kinder, LAOctober 18, 2013
Great co-workers and friendly atmosphere, but left more to be desired. Benefits made the job worth wild
It was the Best of times, it was the Worst of Times...
basically do the job of a Room Chef (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: learned a few things there
Cons: was not exactly an environment that encouraged growth on an artistic level.
I got the best and the worst out of this place of employment. I got Chefs who really enjoyed the field we are in, who taught me to carve Ice Sculptures, and the ability to control my emotions more, and I also got back stabbing employees who were my boss that had no culinary knowledge but because of them being a "yes man" they got far in the hierarchy of things. I learned a lot about professionalism and management, as well as getting my first taste of running my own restaurant. I got duplicitous people, who cared more about the money in their pocket than the working relationship I thought we built together. All in all, it was the Best of times, it was the worst of times...
Loved it
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJune 26, 2013
I loved meeting new people. The work environment was the over all best. The money that can be made here was wonderful.
Productive and Fun place to work
Lobby Attendant/ Security Lead Officer (Former Employee), Kinder, LAMay 30, 2013
Pros: great hours to work
Cons: n/a
The co-workers are wonderful people to work with.
Working for this company is very intuitive as you move up the ladder.
Amazing place to work!
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Kinder, LAApril 30, 2013
Benefits are great and the people there are just amazing! Free lunches on holidays and its just a very fun place to work.
productive and fun
Housekeeping- Cleaned (Former Employee), Kinder, LAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: good tips, good hours
Cons: short lunch breaks, not enough employeers
Get to work before 8:00am, clock in and get your sheet with your rooms on it. To be an good worker. it was'nt the best management at the casino. Some of them were friendly, There wasnt anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable about the job was getting tips after they left there room, because like the serves.
A fast-paced demanding environment
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kinder, LAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great pay
Cons: had to sacrifice personal and family life
A typical day at work meant 8 or more hours depending on staffing issues. I've learned a lot as far as guest service and business management goes. However, I had to work almost every holiday, every weekend, and late night hours. That was the hardest part of the job.
Fun Place to work
Dealer (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJanuary 14, 2013
Great place to work for young people who don't have families.

Coushatta Casino Resort Photos