Coushatta Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Slots Person/Main Banker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LADecember 8, 2015
Fun place to work. A multitude of guests to meet everyday. Sometimes the job could become tedious when things were slow, but mostly stayed busy. Loved to see the excitement of guests winning a large jackpot.
Pros
The ability to move around within theCasino
fun, fast paced environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LADecember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed getting to know my guest, however some of their policies are outrageous! They have lost a lot of great employees due to these certain polices.
Fun place to work but sometimes the rules made it hard to have fun
REVENUE AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LANovember 12, 2015
I was fortunate enough to work in the kiosk and revenue department of Coushatta and was very comfortable in both departments. I enjoyed my work their and wish I could have made it a success there.
The casino is great but the hotels are an after thought
Lead Bellman Valet (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LaOctober 28, 2015
They want to be a four star hotel but they do not want to get the extras to make them a four star hotel and they do not get four star guests staying at the hotel.
Pros
Paid lunches, Good meals, Money to fix up the hotel
Cons
Qlicks, managers protect their friends who really should not be working there
Co-workers not happy
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAOctober 26, 2015
Answer phones and make as many reservations as possible. Learned how to multi-task very well. Like the atmosphere of call center.
Great coworkers, terrible management
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAOctober 24, 2015
The only thing I enjoyed about working casino valet at Coushatta Casino Resort was my coworkers. Management was lazy and incompetent, and about half of the customers I served were unfriendly to say the least.

I left because management moved our department to the back of the building, and almost completely ruined valet in the process. I was constantly bored, and the tips from working went down to a trickle. I used to daydream of another job, and when I finally quit, it was euphoric feeling knowing I would never have to go back to that dreadful environment again.
Great but unstable
I was a manager (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAOctober 1, 2015
Coushatta was a good place to work, great benefits and I grew a lot there.
If you have drive you can make something of yourself.
Biggest drawback is constant changing of management and style of leading. This tends to leave you without knowing how to do your job effectively.
Pros
Benefits definately
Cons
Changing management directions
coushatta
Laundry Attendant, Making (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAAugust 10, 2015
Working at Coushatta Casino Resort was like working with family, sometimes you have conflicts but you work thru them an continue with your day. my over all experience with Coushatta, I would have to say was great an lots of opportunity to move up.
Pros
work long shifts no day off
Cons
health benifits
Working in the Entertainment business at Coushatta Casino Resort
Cashier/all postitions but caller (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 18, 2015
Coushatta Casino Resort has a lot of advantages to working there. I enjoyed going into work because I am a people person and enjoy talking and getting to know people at a personal level. I love to help people and do my best to show the greatest of guest service. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all of the wonderful people that came in. I enjoyed working in the entertainment business and loved making the guests feel at home and wanted them to get the best guest service. That is what it is all about.
Pros
Awesome benefits, meeting new people from all over the world, and making fairly descent money.i also worked with a great group of co-workers, for the most part, we worked as a team to get the best job done possible.
Cons
Management not staying on a professional manner, hostile work situation, and nothing done by upper management when brought to their attention
excellent
Director of Rooms (Former Employee) –  Kinder LouisianaMay 15, 2015
Very productive company with an adept work culture , focused on maximizing the profit base consistently....as the rooms director , maintenance , the front office , housekeeping and the laundry were my responsibility...creating an atmosphere of cohesion and synergy while going beyond guests expectations were the ultimate goal. I found no negatives abut the job and enjoyed every aspect.
Pros
atmosphere and work acumen
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAMarch 27, 2015
Always room for advancement within this company. Several different departments and always new and improved skills that you can learn inorder to be a better employee.
Active Environment.
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAMarch 12, 2015
I held the position of Main Banker. My job duties were to maintain accurate account of all monies in main bank. I would cash out winnings and maintain guest accounts for loans. It was very fast paced. We worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accuracy that needed to be kept. It was challenging, but that was the best part.
Friendly and fun place to work
Casino Host & Executive Host (Former Employee) –  Kinder La.December 9, 2014
They provide you with all the training you need. A great place to meet new people.
Summary
ROOM SERVICE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LANovember 20, 2014
The benefits are amazing. The environment isn't that great...
steady cleaning and having southern hospitality for the customers.
Busser/ server (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LouisianaSeptember 14, 2014
Having to set up the restaurant before the opening of the day and then having the tables set up and clean. Then serving the customer with the most southern hospitality and delivering the customers their food in a appropriate manner for their enjoyment. Then having to clean the area for the next guest in line. I learned by having a great attitude helps the customer enjoy their stay at the restaurant and maybe have them come back. The management was good watching over the servers and bussers to keep the customers happy and making sure we are on our duties at all times with the appropriate manor. Co-workers learn to work together and get along to have everything great for the customers and at our work site. Hardest part of the job is making sure everything is great with the customers food to their liking and making sure they have a great dinner. Most enjoyable part is the thanking and having to meet many wonderful people.
Pros
tips and having the day to get stuff done before work.
Cons
no holidays nor time off and short breaks.
It is my tribes casino and its fun to work there, I want to take advantage of my sources
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJuly 1, 2014
I'd recommend to work for this company, I know it is laid back, not a stressful job. I like to have a great deal of responsibility.
Pros
home every night
Cons
i don't have any cons
Wash dishes and utensils for guest
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 22, 2014
Worked with a amt of people per shift ensuring that the tableware or necessities to run a restaurant were provided. The hardest part of the job is when were short handed and it was a busy day. Management in the restaurant where I worked was horrible, treated sometimes like you were nothing and had no compassion.
Pros
free lunch breaks and pto, and annual raises
Cons
rude management, favortism, and short handed most of the time
Hostess at Gumbeaux's Oyster and Sports Bar (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAApril 16, 2014
The guests were nice and so were the workers. It was a summer job and the hours were good.
Co-Workers & associates are great. The executive and administrative side all have elitists attitudes.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 4, 2014
When good leadership is in place in a company, it can be felt throughout the entire organization. With good leadership, corporate culture isn’t forced, it is developed. Communication is daily and open. Everyone understands the vision and goals of the organization, and everyone has input into how they can be improved. Employees feel that they are an important part of the whole and that every job matters within the company. Decisions for promotions are based on picking people of integrity whose talents and experience best fit the positions. Employees are encouraged to compete with their own best to get ahead and they understand that helping their coworkers to succeed is the best way to get ahead themselves. The result of good leadership is high morale, good employee retention, and sustainable long-term success.

Bad leadership can also be felt throughout the entire organization – only not in a good way. Corporate culture becomes a meaningless term where leaders claim it exists while employees shake their heads in frustration. There is a lack of clear, consistent communication from leadership to the employees. As a result, the office is run by rumor mill, politics and gamesmanship. Employees are uncertain of the company’s goals and objectives for success and they have no idea how they fit into that picture, or what their level of importance is toward making it happen. Decisions for promotions are not based on integrity or talent, but rather they are based on who can talk the biggest talk or who is deemed to be the least threatening to the current leadership team. Employees are
  more... taught play dirty against coworkers to get ahead by watching as it is continuously rewarded by leadership leading to the Lobster Syndrome of tearing one another down throughout the organization. The result of bad leadership is low morale, high turnover, and a decreased ability to have any sustainable success.

Coushatta Casino has a number of great employee's who care about their job and the place where they work. To bad some people in leadership positions have no integrity and would throw those employee's under the bus to save themselves. It's a corporate culture that has infested itself overtime and is not about to change.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Learned a lot about cooking.
Kitchen Mechanic, Baker, Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LADecember 17, 2013
I started at the bottom and worked my way into the bakery where I became a supervisor at night. I was in charge of making the rolls and breads for the casino. I was then able to move over to Kitchen Maintenance and learned about repairing the various kitchen equipment throughout the casino.
Pros
room for advancement.
Cons
had to move away because of personal reasons.