Coushatta Casino Resort

Coushatta Casino Resort Employer Reviews

It is my tribes casino and its fun to work there, I want to take advantage of my sources
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: home every night
Cons: i don't have any cons
I'd recommend to work for this company, I know it is laid back, not a stressful job. I like to have a great deal of responsibility.
Wash dishes and utensils for guest
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch breaks and pto, and annual raises
Cons: rude management, favortism, and short handed most of the time
Worked with a amt of people per shift ensuring that the tableware or necessities to run a restaurant were provided. The hardest part of the job is when were short handed and it was a busy day. Management in the restaurant where I worked was horrible, treated sometimes like you were nothing and had no compassion.
Hostess at Gumbeaux's Oyster and Sports Bar (Former Employee), Kinder, LAApril 16, 2014
The guests were nice and so were the workers. It was a summer job and the hours were good.
Co-Workers & associates are great. The executive and administrative side all have elitists attitudes.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
When good leadership is in place in a company, it can be felt throughout the entire organization. With good leadership, corporate culture isn’t forced, it is developed. Communication is daily and open. Everyone understands the vision and goals of the organization, and everyone has input into how they can be improved. Employees feel that they are an – more... important part of the whole and that every job matters within the company. Decisions for promotions are based on picking people of integrity whose talents and experience best fit the positions. Employees are encouraged to compete with their own best to get ahead and they understand that helping their coworkers to succeed is the best way to get ahead themselves. The result of good leadership is high morale, good employee retention, and sustainable long-term success.

Bad leadership can also be felt throughout the entire organization – only not in a good way. Corporate culture becomes a meaningless term where leaders claim it exists while employees shake their heads in frustration. There is a lack of clear, consistent communication from leadership to the employees. As a result, the office is run by rumor mill, politics and gamesmanship. Employees are uncertain of the company’s goals and objectives for success and they have no idea how they fit into that picture, or what their level of importance is toward making it happen. Decisions for promotions are not based on integrity or talent, but rather they are based on who can talk the biggest talk or who is deemed to be the least threatening to the current leadership team. Employees are taught play dirty against coworkers to get ahead by watching as it is continuously rewarded by leadership leading to the Lobster Syndrome of tearing one another down throughout the organization. The result of bad leadership is low morale, high turnover, and a decreased ability to have any sustainable success.

Coushatta Casino has a number of great employee's who care about their job and the place where they work. To bad some people in leadership positions have no integrity and would throw those employee's under the bus to save themselves. It's a corporate culture that has infested itself overtime and is not about to change. – less
Learned a lot about cooking.
Kitchen Mechanic, Baker, Grill Cook (Former Employee), Kinder, LADecember 17, 2013
Pros: room for advancement.
Cons: had to move away because of personal reasons.
I started at the bottom and worked my way into the bakery where I became a supervisor at night. I was in charge of making the rolls and breads for the casino. I was then able to move over to Kitchen Maintenance and learned about repairing the various kitchen equipment throughout the casino.
Fun and exciting place to work
ADVANTAGE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Advantage Club / Box OfficeNovember 27, 2013
Pros: reduced/free lunches, breaks
Everyday is different depending on flow of guests. Co-workers are pleasant to be around. Hardest part of the job - my current position is not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily.
Fun workplace , good food, good health care.
Steward (Former Employee), Kinder, LANovember 19, 2013
Pros: fun enviroment.
Cons: shift can be demanding or shorthanded at times
Working for Coushatta was very delightful. The culture was very diverse. The managment team was pertty good. Thier goal was to work hard and have fun. Coushatta itself offered a lot of opportunitys and trainig in diffrent job fields. They have excellent healthcare coverage for full-time and part-time associates. I would rate my overall experience at – more... Coushatta a 7 out of 10 only because some of the shifts can be quit demanding and at times staffing is shorthanded. – less
Great Company with Great Benefits buts thats it
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee), Kinder, LAOctober 18, 2013
Great co-workers and friendly atmosphere, but left more to be desired. Benefits made the job worth wild
It was the Best of times, it was the Worst of Times...
basically do the job of a Room Chef (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: learned a few things there
Cons: was not exactly an environment that encouraged growth on an artistic level.
I got the best and the worst out of this place of employment. I got Chefs who really enjoyed the field we are in, who taught me to carve Ice Sculptures, and the ability to control my emotions more, and I also got back stabbing employees who were my boss that had no culinary knowledge but because of them being a "yes man" they got far in the hierarchy – more... of things. I learned a lot about professionalism and management, as well as getting my first taste of running my own restaurant. I got duplicitous people, who cared more about the money in their pocket than the working relationship I thought we built together. All in all, it was the Best of times, it was the worst of times... – less
Loved it
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJune 26, 2013
I loved meeting new people. The work environment was the over all best. The money that can be made here was wonderful.
Productive and Fun place to work
Lobby Attendant/ Security Lead Officer (Former Employee), Kinder, LAMay 30, 2013
Pros: great hours to work
Cons: n/a
The co-workers are wonderful people to work with.
Working for this company is very intuitive as you move up the ladder.
Amazing place to work!
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Kinder, LAApril 30, 2013
Benefits are great and the people there are just amazing! Free lunches on holidays and its just a very fun place to work.
productive and fun
Housekeeping- Cleaned (Former Employee), Kinder, LAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: good tips, good hours
Cons: short lunch breaks, not enough employeers
Get to work before 8:00am, clock in and get your sheet with your rooms on it. To be an good worker. it was'nt the best management at the casino. Some of them were friendly, There wasnt anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable about the job was getting tips after they left there room, because like the serves.
A fast-paced demanding environment
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kinder, LAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great pay
Cons: had to sacrifice personal and family life
A typical day at work meant 8 or more hours depending on staffing issues. I've learned a lot as far as guest service and business management goes. However, I had to work almost every holiday, every weekend, and late night hours. That was the hardest part of the job.
Fun Place to work
Dealer (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJanuary 14, 2013
Great place to work for young people who don't have families.
A great place to work
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Kinder, LANovember 16, 2012
Pros: the sky's the limit concerning the tips.
Cons: low pay rate.
If you show you are good at your job, you will be rewarded with more hours. Although the pay is low, the tips you can make on a slow night are awesome.

I'd go into work and have a meeting with the supervisor and everyone on shift fifteen minutes before shift starts. The supervisor would go over anything you need to do that shift. Things to look out – more... for, etc.

When you start there, you better get some icy hots because you need them. I was walking more than ten miles in a night's work. On busy days/nights the miles would increase considerably. Not to mention the pain your arm carrying the tray of drinks and the cup of tips.

Co workers were a lot of fun to be around, supervisors and managers alike.

Great insurance, and they supply the uniform. – less
ok job not a career though
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee), Kinder, LANovember 15, 2012
Pros: good work schedule three day weekend every other weekend
Cons: pay
great work schedule great co workers. not allowed to play any casino games including slots, table games, and poker. sorry pay. 11.18 and hour.
Top pay, fun place to work
Slot Disptach (Former Employee), Kinder, LASeptember 15, 2012
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: family not a priority, worked every holiday
As a dispatcher, I was stationed in a booth in the middle of the casino surrounded by over 3,000 slot machines. My duties consisted of multi tasking a multi line phone, computer and radio. I kept detailed logs of every kind of machine activity on the floor, including amounts won, taxable, machine fills, ticket payouts etc. I was responsible for dispatching – more... surveillance, security and main bank of any jackpot over $1200.00. I generated cash taxable tickets that floor techs had to pick up in order to disburse jackpots. Management was awesome and clearly defined. The hardest part of the job was working EVERY Holiday. Family meant nothing here. I missed the first 4 years of my daughter's life. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the glue that pulled together daily slot operations. I was employee of the month twice. – less
fun and productive area to work in
Housekeeping- Cleaned (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: good tips, good hours
Cons: short lunch breaks, not enough employeers
A typical day at work was to go get the papers for the list of our rooms we need to clean. Get our cart out so we could get really. Check to see if anybody check out of there room yet.Then we would strip all the room and bring the dirty laundry down stairs. Clean all of the rooms. Then restock my cart for the next day of work.

What have I learned is – more... that working hard pays off later on.

The management was good, but at times when someone else was in charged they would want to leave early, make the employer not get enough hours to work.

My co- workers were friendly and helpful,and nice.

The hardest part of my job was to finish on time. After while it got better.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people from different places. – less
Entertainment Industry, just loved it
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Kinder, LAJune 11, 2012
Pros: meeting new people on a day to day basis
Cons: 24/7 business not a lot of time for family
meeting new people, loved my coworkers and staff, guest were amazing and excited to gamble, very busy alot of demands, management was good, just loved the place.

Coushatta Casino Resort Photos