Coushatta Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Very Hospitable and Fun Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAFebruary 1, 2017
Very Fun Environment,Employees and Staff are very Hospitable.Enjoyed coming to work everyday,There were never dull moments at the work place.
Pros
Hospitality
Cons
n/a
Lot of fun to work there.
Dual Rate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Coushatta. There is room for advancement with this company. The job security could definitely use some improvements. The pay is really good, can't complain about that.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Job security is bad.
great job
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 15, 2017
great place to work. good insurance with free medical clinic on property. low priced pharmacy also on property. low priced lunch room. fun place to work.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
no holidays off
Fun place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LADecember 8, 2016
Exciting gaming environment. Always room for advancement. Paid benefits and 401k that is matched by the company. Most jobs are at night and not good for a family life.
Pros
Bonuses at holiday time
Cons
Night shift
I loved our management
cook (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LANovember 17, 2016
I started off in the Terrace Café!! I was a cook 3 moved up to a cook 1.. I Preped,cooked,cleaned,fifo,great customer service, stocked,and I loved to learn new work areas
Pros
Benefits was awesome
Cons
NONE
Casino life is awesome
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAOctober 12, 2016
I worked as a dealer for 5 years and I loved every minute of it. I learned and dealt a lot of games. Most of all I loved dealing in high limits. Working with the public can be iffy when drinking but it was fun
Pros
Nice checks
Cons
Drunk people who can handle thier liquor
Professional, clean cut company that truly cares for its employees.
ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LASeptember 19, 2016
The work load is demanding, physically and mentally, but it has been a tremendous experience and a wonderful job to have. This has been my first official job. It's taught me many things.

We stock our carts at the end of every day for the next day so in the morning we can get on the floor quickly. After that, we are constantly tending to the needs of guests. The hardest part of the job is the summer, of course, when we are the busiest. However, that's also the most enjoyable because it's a fulfilling thing to be able to look at all of your rooms and know that you are a part of that guest's experience with the place.

Co-workers can be a tad difficult, but they have taught me a lot as well. They were able to teach me about how to conduct myself professionally at all times.

Of course, my manager has been incredibly gracious to give me my first job experience, allowed me to take extra shifts as often as I needed them and also when she needed them, and always does her best to work with her employees to fit their needs, which is incredibly important.
Benefits
Cons
Never got to take all breaks.
Very productive work day
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LASeptember 14, 2016
Great company to work for, can make fairly good tips as long as you stay active on the floor. Management were very helpful and understanding. A typical graveyard night was very laid back and steady on weekend nights. Most co-workers were not friendly nor helpful. I enjoyed my fast paced busy nights having fun with the customers. The hardest part of my job was working and getting denied every requested day off
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Attendance policy, denied request off days
A fun and exiting work environment
Terrace Café Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LASeptember 8, 2016
Everyday at Coushatta was an adventure. You never knew what to expect. It was a challenging and exciting place to work. I learned valuable skills that still help me today,
Happy smiling workers, always had fun
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAAugust 31, 2016
Typical day at work deals with paperwork, phone calls, guests, and organization. Learned patience, teamwork, and self satisfaction with work ethic.Great manager showed that she truly cared. Coworkers I seen more than my family so we all rubbed off on each other.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not consistant with repremanding people
Productive and fun place to work
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAAugust 31, 2016
Coushatta Casino Resort in Kinder La is a very productive and fun place to work. The pace is fast and there is never a dull moment. The associates and guests are all wonderful.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Right now too far to continue driving
A good place
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 10, 2016
It's been *years* since I worked there, but I will say that as a bartender, I liked my job. It was steady, the tips were good, the basepay over $7. As with all places, there were some issues such as drama with fellow coworkers, or customers that probably should never have an alcoholic drink again in their lives. But overall, it was a good place. The health benefits were supreme without taking your entire check. And if you were willing to work, they had the hours. I never once had any of my hours cut, and often had OT. I've recommended to people over the years who were moving to the area.
Pros
Supreme benefits
Cons
Coworkers sometimes caused too much drama.
High volume of business for the location. The restaurant I managed was doing 300,000-600,000 in sales each month.
Terrace Café Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 4, 2016
This casino is extremely busy for their location. There is over 2400 machines and 8 restaurants which constantly stay packed.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
no value for a balanced life
Productive and fun work place
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAMay 11, 2016
Interact with guest, help them if needed. Fun coworkers. Learn southern hospitality. Management is equal. Hardest part is being in the heat. Enjoyable part is being with coworkers.
Great place
Advantage Representative (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAApril 19, 2016
Coushatta was a busy place, management was good, coworkers was great. Have lots of opportunities there. I enjoyed meeting some of the people that came into the casino.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Hard to get a weekend off
Very Rewarding
Advantage Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAMarch 16, 2016
This company defines "Southern Hospitality". They appreciate their employees and aspire them to achieve their dreams.
Flexible work hours for students
Valet Attendant/Temporary Lead (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAMarch 15, 2016
I've had wonderful and understanding management for each semester of my college experience. I was also able to keep my minimum hours for full-time recognition so that I could hold the offered insurance that Coushatta provides to its employees.

Work in my department can become monotonous on some days. Other days provide interesting experiences to retell later on. There are the occasional "bad days" that every job has, but they are proven to be survivable.
Pros
Cheap, yet plentiful meals in ADR, flexible hours, PTO for full-time employees
Cons
Providing guest services can become frustrating with intolerant guests, rainy days are never fun
Fun working enviornment
Cocktail server/ bartender (Current Employee) –  Kinder, LAJanuary 22, 2016
my days consist of cleaning and prepping the bar and server area for the days work, along with my coworkers,team work and communication is a must and i try my best to communicate and work with all my coworkers. It takes a special kind of person to work in this environment where people are sometimes losing lots of money, while being under the influence,as well as there are many different kinds of people that come in to the casino, and we all work together to maintain a safe environment for our guests. Every aspect of my job is enjoyable, even though it can be tough at times, and you are in situations where people sometimes get very angry, we try our best to use our resources to keep people calm and to not allow them to get over intoxicated. I absolutely love what I do. I have met all kinds of walks of life from different states and countries, and love learning new things from these guests that I meet.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
crazy schedule
Fun place to work
Slots Person/Main Banker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LADecember 8, 2015
Fun place to work. A multitude of guests to meet everyday. Sometimes the job could become tedious when things were slow, but mostly stayed busy. Loved to see the excitement of guests winning a large jackpot.
Pros
The ability to move around within theCasino
fun, fast paced environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LADecember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed getting to know my guest, however some of their policies are outrageous! They have lost a lot of great employees due to these certain polices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coushatta Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval