Cousins Properties Employee Reviews in United States

all hands on board
Grade 1 Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJuly 1, 2015
duties HVAC, special projects, life safety, meters, plumbing, lights, door hardwear, and day to day needs. hardest part of the job was working on a pneumatic HVAC system
Pros
awesome company
Cons
job did not last long enough
Work experience with Cousins Properties
Grade II Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2014
A typical day for me is to work start-up or shut down shift in both Terminus 100 & Terminus 200,make sure all life safety systems work properly, also check that all exhaust fans and toilet exhaust fans work properly, make sure all SCU, PIU,VAV units work on all tenant floors and throughout the common areas, check EMS system to make sure that all lighting in tenant spaces and common area work properly, answer all work orders in a timely manner, and complete PMs given to me by the Chief Engineer, as well.

Within the last few years, I have obtained my CPO license. I have improved on my leadership skills, as I train an apprentice engineer. I have also improved in using TRANE Tracer systems and TRANE Summit. I have under my supervision two lampers, who I have trained to install lighting and ballast.

I have the privilege of working under a chief engineer who has 22 years experience and thus learning from him. I work with a knowledgeable and helpful team.

The most difficult part of my job is staying on property for several days, when weather requires it. Although I know it is necessary, it is not easy.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the satisfaction the tenants get as a result of my hard work.
Not a bad place to work.
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Its a great company, but the work culture is behind. Great benefits and above average compensation.
Family Atmosphere - Welcoming Environment
Executive Assistant to EVP (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2014
(Cousins Properties are one of the foremost-diversified real estate development companies In the United States. Its primary focus is on the creation of value through the development of commercial office, medical office, & retail properties in selected markets throughout the country.)
• Heavy Phone Screening, Travel Itineraries both Domestic & International, & all calendaring & Expense Reporting
• Prepared all correspondence both professional & personal
• Organized Conference Calls both Domestic & International
• Managed all site plan & lease plan storage
• Organized golf tournament & participated in gathering PR materials for the International Shopping Center tradeshow in Las Vegas
• Maintained close relations with all internal & external vendors in Memphis, Viera, Arkansas, North Point & Richmond
• Dealt with upper management on a daily basis, maintained a high level of professionalism.
Temp - Tenant Service Coordinator
Tenant Services Coordinator, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2013
• Answered all incoming maintenance calls and dispatched maintenance accordingly
• Enter all service call data into system
• Created and maintained building and parking deck access cards
Awesome Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Cousins Properties...unfortunately the economy did not allow for them to keep the workforce that they had and they were forced to lower it. I was part of the 3rd layoff that Cousins needed to take. It was 2 years that I will always be glad to have a part of my career. I enjoyed working with everyone there. It was a great team to be a part of. Management treated you as a equal. Great atmosphere and always felt appreciated.
Pros
family oriented company
Cons
they had to layoff their employees
Retail Flooring
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
Amazing organization and leadership. No longer in business.
Stuffy work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2012
As beautiful as the offices are, and with such an amazing back story and portfolio, this office was way too uptight. It felt as though if you smiled too much you were viewed as unprofessional.
Pros
real estate gurus
Cons
uptight office environment

Want to know more about Cousins Properties?

Ask a question