Covance, Inc

Covance, Inc Employer Reviews

Supportive and technology driven
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJune 11, 2014
My day consisted of various monitoring activities. I had the opportunity to perform a lead role which involved reviewing and approving other CRA trip reports. As well as, leading CRA monthly meetings.
Rewarding
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMarch 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyed staff
Cons: not equal growth
Patient work, rewarding, stable, profitable, coworkers friendly, learned a lot about business,
At the time, high management turn-over
Sr HR Representative (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Good work/life balance, team spirited, challenging, very quality oriented
Covance, in 1999-2000, was a poor place to work.
Clinical Project Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 3, 2014
At the time I was associated with Covance (Princeton, NJ) in 2000 it turned out to be a very poor place to work. A lot of "back-stabbing" and "turf protection" going on.

As a Project Manager, my job was very poorly outlined and upper management was not supportive of any of my efforts.

As a CRO they had a history of under bidding on projects just to – more... get the contract and then requesting numerous "change orders" as costs increased. Many pharmaceutical clients disapproved of this activity and did not use Covance for future projects.

Covance had a good Central Laboratory arrangement but internal management was poor. – less
Good company
HR Analyst (Former Employee), PrincetonNovember 2, 2013
Covance afforded me the opportunity to grow my skillset. I would recommend this company for anyone who is willing to work hard and achieve goals.
Good learning opporunity
Recruiter / Recruiting Coordinator Team Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2013
Pros: employee education
Cons: horrible work / life balance
Covance is a global Clinical Research Organization providing the employee base with continuous learning opportunities.
Like Stress? Work at Covance!
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits. good pay
Cons: no job security. poor culture overall.
Company makes decisions based on the quarter only. If youre comfy with job security that lasts 3 months then youll be OK. But if you prefer longer term-job security then Id pass.

Management is good in some areas, not in others. CEO is all about shareholders and they talk about employees being important but I disagree.
Growing CRO
SR. MANAGER RECRUITING AND GLOBAL BUSINESS PARTNER (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 16, 2013
Growing CRO experiencing some industry challenges.
Opportunities to progress.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Vaccine Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 28, 2013
Pros: good team with great manager, good training program
Cons: short breaks
In charge of helping pharmaceutical companies market their vaccines through our Market Access Service system. I worked with patients and providers on a weekly basis regarding vaccines, which helped the time go by. I loved my co-workers who were very helpful and fun at the same time. The hardest part of my job was dealing with impatient doctors and patients – more... regarding quick information about new medication and protocols etc. The most enjoyable part was being able to make someone's life a little bit easier with my help. – less
Very stressfull in my position
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: 30 min lunch. two unpaid 15 min breaks...if you can get them.
Salary is decent. Benefits are decent. Stress amount is not tolerable for me. Constantly wanting more. co workers are great on the whole. Many computer programs to learn. Not very structured on training. Learn on the fly.
Great Work Environment
Salesforce.com System Administrator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: flex time, pto time, work/life balance
Cons: difficult to move up, very little career growth/guidance
Covance has a great work environment and work/life balance. As someone who has been promoted twice, I can tell you that it is not easy. If you are happy with your current career, it is a great place to work.
As a temp I was treated like an other employee including being involved in holiday parties and team lunches
Temporary Assignment-Human Resources Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 7, 2012
Pros: work environment
Cons: not perment employee
Great place to work and great benefits
Clinical Research Assistant II (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2012
I loved working there. I loved the employees and the atmosphere was great. The management was the only down side. He would make his own day miserabel if he could make yours even worse. Did not make sense.
Great place to work and great benefits
Clinical Research Assistant II (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2012
I loved working for them. great benefits and the employees were awesome.