Covance Inc Employee Reviews

Employee Review
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Fast past environment, Easy material to learn have good training staff,Your really helping others receive expensive medication at no cost to them.
Great company to work with
Specialist II - Global Site Services (Former Employee) –  CovanceFebruary 5, 2017
At covance you can expect many cross functional activities to excel with all aspects of Clinical trial.Covance has a global presence and it allows you to have opportunities with the cross country teams for global exposure.
Pros
Global presence and image
Cons
IT set up
Wonderful company dedicated to improving the lives of others.
Executive Assistant and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 7, 2016
Covance is a company dedicated to improving the lives of others through the work they do assisting Pharma companies with their clinical trials and drug development work.

The management team was professional, hard working, and engaging. Covance was a "family" oriented company having many many employees with long term tenure. The employees were very dedicated to their jobs and the mission of the company.

Covance was a great place to work.
Pros
Competitive salary, competitive benefits, the employees, and their mission
Love the People
Project Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2016
As an intern, I got the chance to witness clinical trials in action and learn about the entire process from beginning to end. The management team is fantastic, and the people are just as great.
Pros
free food all the time, food trucks on Tuesday
Covance was a career and not just a job
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 25, 2016
From the time I was hired at Covance until I left to move back to Philadelphia, there was no place I would've rather worked. The work was rewarding to a degree to which I had never felt before. When a patient calls to tell you that the assistance program you enrolled them in saved their life, or the insurance verification you did provided a patient with the information for coverage on a much needed medical procedure, that's a much greater feeling than simply "a job well done".
Many of people I was lucky enough to work along side have become life long friends, and I know they company is in good hands as long as they're there.
Pros
Family environment of the office
Cons
The apathy of some insurance companies concerning their policy holders
Work Environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 13, 2016
The work environment was very hostile and competitive. There was little to no team work, it was about concentrating on focusing on yourself. Which I have not difficulties working individually or as a team player. The company only measured mistakes, which in turn caused individuals to turn against each other creating hostile and competitive work environment. Especially when management played favoritism. What I learned was its all about who you know within that company, not what you know or how long you have served. Most enjoyable part about the job, was working with the animals. Having the experience to train primates, perform surgeries on animals, caring or carrying out treatment for the animals.
Pros
Ability to work and care for primates
Cons
hostile work environment
Talent, teamwork, and culture
Client Manager I (Current Employee) –  Denver, PAAugust 10, 2015
I have learned a lot at Covance and my immediate management and co-workers are wonderful. I really enjoy the team relationship and the immense access to talent. Unfortunately, in an ever changing market the business unit I belong to is a bit stuck in the past. The refusal to change and to improve processes is not an easy culture to overhaul.
Pros
team and talent
Cons
culture
friendly atmosphere
Clinical Data Acquisition Associate II (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 25, 2015
management was friendly and understanding. Management was willing to work with each employee based on their knowledge skills and needs. there was little room for advancement if you did not have a college Bachelors or masters degree. Experience was not valued.
Pros
free bagel fridays
Cons
no advancement for knowledge
Productive and beautiful work place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 8, 2015
The company was a nice and beautiful place to work. The people was lovely and the work was manageable to do within a regular work load day.
Intense and rewarding
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, PAMarch 10, 2015
Covance is a great place to work, job duties are demanding yet rewarding. Exposure to executives is a plus - I was able to have a q/a with the CEO.

Want to know more about Covance Inc?

Ask a question
Vaccine Program Specialist
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 15, 2015
I worked in the sales/ marketing department of vaccines in the company's call center regarding doctor and patient support regarding vaccines.
Great Place to work
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 10, 2014
Covance has a culture that strives for excellence. The company allows for a sincere opportunity for advancement.
Overall a good company to work for; however, I felt the position was different than originally explained.
Manager, Document Review and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 25, 2014
Covance provided good benefits and a fairly flexible schedule (hours, work from home availability); however, I felt that my role included too much financial accountability that was not originally explained. I had to account for financial information that was performed in start-up even though my role was in maintenance and I felt that this was never fully explained up-front. Otherwise, I was comfortable with my role and I gained valuable experience being in the CRO role and seeing things from that point of view.
learning new things
Data Entry Specialist/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 30, 2014
Once you get a task down they move you foward to something more advance.
Work Experience
Laboratory Animal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2014
Good benefits, great hours plenty of overtime. Friendly atmosphere.
Very good training
DRUG SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 11, 2013
Pay was great, but micro managers was unbearable. Managers like to delegate but they do not like to work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Micro Managers
Be prepared to work long and hard hours
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 31, 2013
Communication and management are unorganized and make decisions for and without input or notification to all departments involved. Work long hours and not recognized for hard work and efforts, just expected to do more and more.
Pros
great benefits and PTO
Cons
work life balance, long hours, low compensation
You only stay at Covance to work with your peers. You definately do not have job security and the management team needs and/or could use some trainin
Invoice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 29, 2013
There are a lot of changes happening at Covance. My co-workers are great. I've learned so much at Covance. I've never worked in HR until I came to work at Covance. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new. They really promote change in your job.
Managment is very poor
Clinical Financial Specialist I  (Former Employee) –  PrincetonJune 20, 2013
No recognition to one's performance.. Lots of dirty politics
Pros
collegues
Cons
managment
Hectic work day.
Senior Drug Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 19, 2013
Good company and good benefits. Lack of HR support. Managed well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance Inc. Our community is ready to answer.