Covance

Covance Employer Reviews

very stressful enviornment
In-bound/Out-bound call center representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great work schedules
Cons: management, morale, and work environment are sub-par
the day starts as early as 6AM, which means it ends as early as 2:30PM, which allows you to run errands or take care of matters after work. However the daily work schedule is very daunting and stressful. As a third party vendor, it is not easy to extract information from insurance companies due to HIPAA. The management is not very neutral however likes – more... to play favorites and does give preference to employees they like but make it seem as if the opportunities are given due to the employees efforts which is not at all the case. Co-workers are close. – less
came in for a short term work
Desk side Support (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 14, 2014
When I came in people where leaving leaving left and right. didn't stay long for anything
not a comfortable place to work for.
Senior CRA III (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 8, 2014
not a comfortable place to work for
1) not very good supervisors.
2) treat employees ill
A Great Learning Environment
Programming Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJuly 1, 2014
I am learning a lot about Insurance, the process and new Drugs. Management is effective and competent
Childish management. Unprofessional.
Sales (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 5, 2014
Pros: high expertise
Cons: management
This is the usual "businesspeople out of their depth" workplace. They depend on experts and professionals for the job while simultaneously resenting them and creating obstacles for everyone to do their jobs effectively.

*warning* this company follows the management style of Jack Welch and encourages often firings of the professional staff. Do not relocate – more... your family for this company.

Recent changes in salary makes Covance uncompetitive with other CROs. – less
In transition as a growing global presence in this industry
Project manager for global Clinical Pharma (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: change pace was invigorating
Cons: few options to work from home
Typical work day is intense and very scheduled. I learned to interact with IT and business leaders at upper company echelons. Management was very focused on short term goals. My co-workers were reactive to strong pressures to perform while continuous changes were occurring in the project and the IT organization. Most of the activity was routine but – more... communication across the organization and with vendors was the most challenging aspect. Learning the new business process as the project progressed was most informative and not typical of the industry. It showed how Covance was able to reach its goals effectively, However the impact on staff was not generally not beneficial. – less
Worst place to work
LVN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: corrupt management including hr
It is the worst job I have ever had!! Management is corrupt starting with the Clinical Director to the clin op supervisors. There is blatant discrimination and favoritism. HR is just as bad, pay increases are extremely low, for a good evaluation I was given a .08% increase.
You are over-worked and unappreciated, you cant have a life because your schedule – more... is constantly rotating and subject to change at any moment. I would not send my worst enemy there!!! – less
Great Benefits but poor managment
Building Supervisor/ Animal Technician (Former Employee), Alice, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits / yearly raises and bonuses /
Cons: poor training once a promotion is given. office polotics dominate the work force, if your not good friends with the management promotion is difficult to get.
Overall my experience working for Covance inc was a mixture of positive and negative. Management does well to put you into a position to not fall but not much training is provided when you are placed into a more demanding job position.
Unorganized, Rushed training
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 7, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: horrible training
Nice Building to work in everyday but I was immediately turned off by the unorganized, bad training. It's no way to prepare employees for the position. It's no surprise the turnover rate and them being behind. If You're not close friends with your supervisor or are not the type to suck up, your job is in jeopardy. It's not fair but I've seen it firsthand.
fun place to work without alot of overtime
Analyst (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 2, 2014
Pros: fun and less hours than ppd
Cons: management still has their problems
I would of gave them more stars but this software would only let me give them one.
Insurance-related Call Center
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 1, 2014
Low paying very demanding work. Not really interesting work. No room for intellectual/professional growth. Salary too low, intense, very repetitive work.
Helping patients
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee), Greenfield, INApril 30, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: not any room for advancement
A typical day at work consists of assisting patients find the best solution to help them pay for a much need drug to relieve them of pain that endure on a daily basis.
Management unable to handle the wokflow and the amount of people working for them
Program specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: early start time.
Cons: mis management
While the job itself could be very satisfying as we were helping people obtain medication they previously could not afford, the management could not handle the stress of maintaining the number of benefit investigations needed to be done daily. That stress was relayed to the workforce. Moral was never very high due to this fact. however, the days would – more... go by quickly as we were on the phone and busy so often we hardly knew where the time had gone. I especially enjoyed being able to begin my day at 6am and sometimes earlier. – less
Professional and friendly Office
Program Specialist (Case Manager) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: potlucks for eveything
Cons: temporary assignments
They are very understanding when it comes to work schedules. Management is always to show you new procedures and they give very good feedback on how to improve your work. My co-workers were the best people to work with.
sucks the life out of you
Manager Project Integration (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 17, 2014
Cons: poor training, no management support
I have never experienced such an environment in my 17 year career
Learned new and exciting skills
Clinical Data Coordinator I (Former Employee), Radnor, PAApril 8, 2014
Pros: was always learning new applications and policies within the pharmaceutical industries
Cons: workload was increased after a surprised lay-off session
• Reviewed and implemented SOPs and SSPs (Study Specific Procedures) using various information systems including web tracking, inventory, Query, IVRS, Oracle Clinical and CRFXpress
• Examined and updated client’s primary database, worked with client on design and execution activities including trial set-up, query generation/resolution, data coding and – more... issues
• Assisted with quality control audits and research
• Wrote data for test scripts to conduct systems validations for study start-up – less
Poor management
Study Technician (Current Employee), Greenfield, INMarch 24, 2014
Great entry level job, but when wanting to further career- this site has a hard time advancing individuals.
Doesn't provide resources in a timeley manner to produce efficient work outcomes.
Contract Program Specialist (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: no benefits, inefficient trainings and policies
A typical day at work consisted of taking inbound calls and making outbound calls to patients and insurance companies. I have learned how to manage difficult callers over the phone in a professional and compassionate manner. I managed my time by prioritizing my workload for the day. I was also able to assist the Special Exceptions team put together – more... reports for patients that required an exception to the drug assistance program's eligibility guidelines that were sent to the manufacturer for review. – less
The Sedona Group Contract
RVII/ IVR researcher (Former Employee), Greenfield, INFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay was ok
Cons: short assignment, no guarantee for perm position....unorganized
I did not enjoy working for this company....
unorganized, to many changes in the day
never consistent with the assignments of the job
they practice age discrimination and prefer to hire non US workers
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: unprofessional management
Worked there as a contractor. Underpaid, only given negative feedback. Five contractors were up for perm hire, the only one not hired was the US citizen, over 50 who had more education and experience. Mangement played big time favoritism.
Ex: told that I must commute to work no matter how bad the road conditions are. I replied that ther are state laws – more... that proclaim during inclement weather they can't force an employee to drive to work.
Ex: other contractors were allowed to work from home. My manager said not to worry about what other employees do and refused to let me work from home. The person also made a comment about taking time off for a family emergency.
Completed my contract and was rehired 6 months later for a year long contracting position. Three days before my start date I was told by ***** that my project was canceled. I later found out through another contractor who was hired for the same project that the manager who told me I had to commute through bad weather came forward and disparaged my reputation and thus prevented me from working at Covance. – less

1 2 3 4

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more