Covance

Covance United States Employee Reviews

Much to be desired
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 23, 2015
Covance is not a great place to work. Managers are not trained and do not know how to effectively run a team. There is too much stress and urgency for every matter that nothing gets done and quality of work is sub par.
Fun workplace
High school Co-op Student (Former Employee), Greenfield, INApril 18, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Temp
Awesome bosses
Leave when youu need to
Come when you need to
Understanding
Welcoming
Room for Improvement
Drug Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with the drug safety team overall. I would have liked more interoffice organization and standardized processes.
Stressful but great benefits
Global Project Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2015
Covance is a high pressure results oriented workplace. They have good training and mentoring programs in place to try and help you get adjusted early in your new position. Management is very good and listens to feedback.
Nice Place to work
User Access Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the job
Cons: only a contract
I worked at Covance a few years back. It was a 6 month contract. From my perspective it was a great place to work.
The development it's in had walking paths, live bands at lunch in the summer.
Exciting and demanding place to work
Vice President (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great opportunities and work/life balance
Cons: vision not always clear
Covance is a company that nicely balances delivering value to clients while also investing in their employees. The staff highly skilled and care deeply about the quality of the service delivered to clients.
Ideal place to work
Contract Clinical Data Coordinator I (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 10, 2015
The level of professionalism is unsurpassed. They are very people friendly - very employee oriented. Allowed to work from home.
Great company to master leadership skills
Program Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2015
I learned to lead agents, train agents effectively, and coach agents with insurance verifications. Programs are offered to help fine-tune your leadership abilities.
Most employees are Temps
Program Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay, a lot of overtime
Cons: they lost the contract
The work environment is friendly and enjoyable. You are only employed until they loose there contract with a specialty drug company. If they are able to keep the contract for more than two years then they decide who they are going to make permanent. There was A LOT of overtime given during the first 3-4 months of the year.
CRO
Accounting Specialist Senior (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 25, 2015
A day at Covance goes very quickly when reporting to Pharma's for Sunshine reporting and Collections. We have may deadlines for Sunshine reporting and Collections which we are focused on great customer service.
Work extremely hard, and play hard!
Miration Team Lead (Former Employee), Madison, WI,January 16, 2015
Pros: freedom to run my crew, cross training and also placing to naturally strng player in the correct roles.
Cons: high security making it sometime difficlt to perform you duties, locked doors, etc.
My typical day at work as the Team Lead involved every aspect of rolling out over 3,500 win7 computers. Scheduling with project managers, leading best scheduling bets time , as not to interupt production.

Metoring the Techs, dealing upset clients, managers, etc. I olisten, and offer solutrions,not excuses.
A good CRO to work for.
Medical documents reviewer. (Former Employee), Princeton, New Jersey.January 14, 2015
In the six months I was there I was happy to be in such a professional environment working within a team covering documentation of medical information across a range of Phase III clinical studies.
Could be a great job if they listened to the employees of why they can't retain trained employees.
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day is starting 60 seconds after shift starts or you are late and 60 seconds to clock out at end of shift or considered OT and frowned on. Inbound calls screening patients for financial assistance for medication that they can not afford or do not have insurance for. Training is extremely fast paced and if you can not produce immediately you are terminated and most of the staff is based on temporary employees. Co- workers were fine to work with and it was great being able to help someone in need find coverage for the medication. The hardest part of the job is it changes continuously daily and there are too many people telling you how to do it and they don't agree on the process. Standards are not consistent for the way they treat employees and show much favoritism.
Negative Atmosphere no Room for Advancement
Employee (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: pto is frowned upon, no appreciation, lack of
Should have the small company relaxed atmosphere where everyone knows everyone and management would not avert their eyes when they pass you in the hallway. What it is, stressful atmosphere, please the clients at your personal sacrifice, relinquishing PTO, outside work normal lifestyle, be a yes person, if you speak up you will get reprimanded, only golden children will advance, even if they can't do the job. There is constant backstabbing, nobody is ever willing to speak up, especially if they erred. There is no appreciation from management, there is no open door policy, they will not even listen to anything you might have a view, idea, comment on.
My opinion, if you are looking for a job, look elsewhere unless you are desperate!
Coworkers are great, but there's a lot of nepotism and poor management
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 15, 2014
Pros: vacation days, coworkers, relaxed attire
Cons: rigid schedules, poor work-pay ratio, stagnant career
I currently work there as a program specialist answering phones and facilitating access to drugs for rare diseases. There is a large volume of work with multiple projects going on simultaneously. Management is unorganized and makes promises to clients without taking into consideration the program specialists' current work load. Frequent changes to program guidelines and trainings in addition to the high work load and stressful phone calls lead to high turnover. The people that work there are warm and inviting, however it does not make up for the amount of work that is required and how much you get paid. The good thing is that you receive about 4 weeks of paid vacation/sick leave, however you must get prior approval for not only days off, but any late arrivals/early leave for the day.
In order to succeed within the company, you must have the right connections; many that are over qualified for their positions are unable to move up in the company due to little/poor connections at the top.
Client services manager
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Greenfield, INDecember 9, 2014
Review benefits eligibility for insurance and also determine if they qualify for additional assistance.
Saving lives!
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 3, 2014
Saving lives is what I used to do at my job with Covance. As a care coordinator, I used to work closely with patients, doctors, nurses, pharmacies by providing free services such as financial assistance, affordable insurance, and ensure access to expensive drugs. My experience was amazing and unique, handling daily challenging calls for patients who needed the medicine.
Employment at Covance
Study Technician II (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: veterinary staff, aalas test
Cons: management, hours, training
If I could give this company negative stars, I would. Covance was the absolute worst company I have ever had the misfortune of working for.

Pros

-The veterinarian staff was wonderful and really cared about the animals.
-The company paid for AALAS certificate tests, although it took forever to get reimbursed for them and for the raises to be reflected on my checks.

Cons

-The insurance coverage was mediocre. Every doctor visit there was a $20 co-pay charge. I had to pay out of pocket for the majority of procedures and doctor’s visits.
-The shoes they require you to wear are extremely uncomfortable which lead to foot problems, that I still currently am affected by.
-The management team is awful. They only care about themselves and are very unhelpful, unreliable, and are expected to lead the employees under them but have no idea how to do their job. Talking to them is like talking to a wall. Concerns go in one ear and out the other and nothing ever changes.
-Covance pays for relocation expenses, but unless you stay longer than 24 months (which most employees don’t make it past 6 months) you are expected to pay the amount given to you back to the company. There are lots of charges that Covance supposedly takes care of when you move that you don’t see or know about until you are expected to pay the expenses back. I was given a total of $500 to pay for all of my moving expenses. However, once I left the company a debt collector contacted me (instead of someone from Covance calling or sending me a letter first) asking for almost $1000 for relocation expenses because I left after – more... 16.5 months of employment.
-They expect you to work ridiculous hours and numerous days in a row. A majority of the other employees are extremely selfish and will not switch days or hours with you unless you bribe them with money or food. I can recall working anywhere from 12 to 19 days in a row with 12 hour days. You may think that sounds great, with lots of opportunity for overtime and you will be making lots of money. You would be wrong. A majority of your check is taken out in taxes and even after you get your tax return the following year, you do not get much money back.
-I would often work longer then the amount of time I was scheduled to get a task done correctly and end up working through most of, if not all of my lunch. Eventually, I got in trouble for not taking my lunch because I was going above and beyond to do a great job. In other words, your efforts and dedication to certain aspects of the company go unappreciated, unnoticed, and even get you in trouble.

The animal operations department needs a complete makeover. Try hiring employees that have prior animal care experience, and have an interest in animals. There were probably five of us, out of hundreds of employees, that actually cared about the animal’s well being. If you can’t find enough applicants with animal experience, then at least invest in properly training your employees so that they know how to tell if an animal is sick, injured, or suffering. I know you train the new hires on how to administer the TM, but that isn’t enough. I was so stressed out, unhappy, and depressed each and every day I had to work. Eventually I had enough and forced myself to leave the company and it was the best decision I have ever made. – less
Love the people, no work life balance
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 19, 2014
Need more staff, for the amount of work that is coming in. No work life balance AT ALL.
Excellent
Service Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 12, 2014
Great place to work. Great people and doing meaningful work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more

Covance Salaries