Covance Employee Reviews in United States

Management needs to improve/honesty to clients need to improve
Investigator Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Covance is too demanding and being constantly asked to lie to the clients/sponsors by the Investigator Support Management, which is why I am leaving. Pay is only fair, if you are a favorite or literally sleeping with someone, very true. If their Clients/Sponsors knew what they were doing, they would be out of business. If only someone would truly listen.
benefits
Cons
From Management to Job fairness and advancement
Balanced if you make work your life.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, wiSeptember 26, 2015
The only pro to working here are the benefits! They are amazing. I worked here for 7 years however and was overworked and underpaid every day. I worked anywhere from 50 to 60 hours a week and was always guilted to take on more work. I even pulled two 24 hour shifts before!!! They preech work/life balance, but the only way to have a work/life balance is to make work your life. There were several divorces of people who worked here and even my relationship was shakey until I left. They do year end reviews and that is what your raise was based on, however it is all politics and howuvh your supervisors liked you. I loved my Co workers and the job, but the hours and politics where rediculous. Great for a college grad looking for some experience, but I can't see it as a long term job unless you want to be married to your job.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, a few events throughout the year
Cons
To many hours, supervisors are clueless
Questionable Management
drug safety (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Upper management does not listen to line members when it comes to concerns about line managers. As long as the numbers looks good they dont care how the line managers are. My manager continually plays favorites and flat out lies to the newer employees. If one of the associates does something wrong its somehow the assistants fault. And she does not use the assistants as the job description. We are used as file clerks and assistants to the associates. Again this has been voiced to upper management several times to to avail. But this is just in my little area of the company. I hear other divisions work better...wish i was in one of them.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
DSS upper management does not listen to line members
Great Co-Workers
Medical Lab Tech III - Lead Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I worked with some of the greatest people. When their hard work would often go unrecognized by management, co-workers would go out of their way to congratulate others on their accomplishments, both professional and personal. Co-workers were also quick to help others when it was needed and were very openly appreciative when the help was returned in kind.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunities to cross train
Cons
Not much room for advancement
The people who work there are awesome...the management, not so much.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
Covance is NOT a bad company to work for. It is the negative environment fostered by the VP at the California site that makes working there less than desirable. The dysfunction becomes apparent when you discover that there are no written training materials for administrative staff. The CEO is fine. It's the vice president's micro-management that needs addressing.
Pros
Compensation is great!
Cons
Work environment and micromanagement by the VP are major issues.
Great benefits and work from home
Global Study Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Covance is a great place to work and provides many advancement opportunities. Company allows employees to work from home full time after training.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Work Life Balance
Mediocre
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 26, 2016
Unfortunately, my experience at Covance has been mediocre at best. The management plays favorites. There are limited chances for advancement. It is rare to hear any employees say positive things about the company.
Productive, helps to grow in carrer
consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Good Work culture. Very challenging environment and gives an exposure to learning.

Got good exposure in Health Care systems and ETL testing
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
NONE
Terrible, office politics, bad management, advance only if you are buddy buddy with management
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 15, 2015
I worked at Covance for awhile as a Program Specialist. I loved the work I was doing, but I started to hate it when I realized how high school Covance is. There is lots of drama, no privacy, once you clock in that's it, you can't talk to anyone else without being looked down on, lots of office gossip, the only people that get advanced in the company are the ones that all stick together and are buddy buddy with management, and half the people who get promoted don't do their job well and abuse their leadership. The best feeling I ever had was leaving that company. You have to be a yes man to work there, and you also have to be friends with management to advance in your career.
Pros
Benefits, and decent schedule
Cons
Terrible management, bad training, unorganized and very high school environment
Terrible!
Contract Managerment (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2016
Hands down the worst group in the company. Don't even expect to get anywhere, grow or be valued while working in Contract Management. Consistent revolving door - they are always hiring because employees are treated terribly.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management, No Growth, Mistreated
Good job with responsive and helpful management.
Pathology Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 11, 2016
Would work half the day in the pathology lab, then the other half of the day working with the rest of the interns organizing a new system for archival of sensitive data. Also worked with other interns to create our own philanthropic project that we imagined, created, and executed.
Learned how to talk with peers and management of all levels and work well with others to finish project deadlines, as well as some lab technical skills.
Management and co-workers were friendly, helpful, and responsive.
Pros
Everyone was willing to offer a helping hand and felt very welcome, even as an intern.
Cons
had to work through breaks to get things done in lab.
Company is great to work for upper management at facility very poorly managed
CRF Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
Worked with Phase I studies from screening to end of study. Data entry for study completion, resolve queries, work with monitors to assure that all information entered was correct. Created screening source for new studies, and if the unit was busy I would do EKG, phlebotomy, processing blood and urine, vital signs, physicals, write up and resolve adverse events. I have learned a great deal about GCP, protocols requirements from numerous studies, Upper management from the local facility was very poor. Never shared company information, doors were closed, very emotionless not an approachable manager rarely spoke to staff. Very micro managed. Out of touch with most of the staff. I have been to two other sites and both directors of the clinics were inviting and personable. Co-workers were a great group of people with plenty of real world experience in the medical field. The hardest part of the job was the micro-managing. the most enjoyable part was the work I did and the studies itself.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no communiction from management
moderate
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 6, 2016
This is a very stressful but rewarding position. This job has excellent benefits. This position has a very strict schedule.
Covance not fun
Insurance Investigator-Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day is on the phone talking to insurance payers, patients, and medical doctor's offices. I learn co-payments, deductibles, and out of pocket on insurances, Medicare,and Medicaid how it works. Pharmacy benefits. Enjoyable my co-workers are great.
Pros
no pros
Cons
n/a
Great Company to work for.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed supporting the Vice President and her management team. Day to day supporting the VP included Expense Vouchers, Domestic and Foreign travel. Utilizing Microsoft office suite. Managing a complex calendar scheduling.
Benefits
Cons
Constant turnover with management
Very laid back
Program specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 27, 2016
This job was easy to adapt to, very easy to balance work life and personal life. I learned a lot about different medications, what they are used for as well as the side effects from them.
Not good at all
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 11, 2016
The management is bad, management has too much ego. You enter as a temp employee and chances of getting perm are very slim.
answering phones, data entry,
data entry (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 21, 2015
The manger would have favorite certain people, if you where a temp then you where treated as if you where a temp and you could get fired any day. They like to over hirer people make people move seat like once a week or sometime once month and then didn't have enough seat for everyone.
Overworked and Underpaid
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Don't socialize, don't talk too loud, and your productivity numbers better be optimal or you could lose your job. I've seen too many coworkers terminated for minuscule "offences." Call centers are not a good place to work, and this is definitely a call center environment. You're just a number here.
Pros
If you become permanent, on-sight gym. It's full-time and there are benefits.
Cons
The environment/culture.
Call Center Life
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 13, 2016
I work in the call center at Covance and I have been here for over 4 years. I started through the Temp Agency and was advised that it was a Customer Service position but when I got here I found out it was a call center position. I stayed because I needed a stable job and position. I do everything on my program and have been the go to person for questions, trainings and updates for a little over 3 years now. Management is horrible ( for a lack of better words). There is a lot of micromanagement and lack of self - respect from management. I was actually told, while I was pregnant, by my direct supervisor that she has no sympathy for pregnant women because she was still here giving interviews while in labor. How rude and disrespectful right? My co-workers are the best and really keep me going throughout the day. We have recently lost holiday time and the benefits have gotten worst and more expensive. We have lost our bonus' and the company is requiring us to complete more work. I enjoy my co-workers however the hardest part of my day is dealing with my supervisor, whom likes to micromanage to make sure that everything is completed in a timely manner however; wants to have personal conversations ALL DAY long.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything else