Covance Employee Reviews

Stressful enviroment
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
Oppressive! Constant change! parking is horrible. Uncaring Management. Stressful. Can't make friends. Always in training at any given time and training is poor.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
micro management, uncaring manangement, poor training, parking is awful, can't make friends.
Acquired through a Temp Agency
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
The company hires a lot of employees and slowly lets go of them until they pick only a few to keep. It's a easy straight forward job, people there are fantastic! Very good work environment, not very secure since it takes them close to a year to decide to keep their employees as full time or let them go as a temp.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Long time to transition from temp to perm employee
Great communication, great people
Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2017
I'd come in and log in to my computer. I'd start receiving phone call mostly from people who wanted to be screened to participate in a clinical trial. Average call would last about 15mins. After review the information I'd either set up an appointment for the participant as to when he would go to the clinic or let them know why they did not qualify. That was majority of the day. I'd also make outbound calls to remind participants about their appointment and remind them important information regarding it. I'd also transfer some calls to the clinic for specific information or payment.
Pros
Assisting participants and working closely to co workers
Cons
There wasn't many cons, I suppose one would be if I wanted to keep to myself, the job doesn't allow that.
Clinical Studies and insurance verification was done here
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2017
This is a call center environment. It was nice how management would acknowledge employees for their "white glove" customer service.
Communication to the other Covance in other states was practical.
Pros
easy to make friends
Cons
the parking situation needs attention
Temp Job
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 1, 2017
Just a job that I didn't really learn a lot from but has great staff and great mentors but just couldn't see myself working their later in life so I had to take another path.
Long days, overworked, pay could be better, under appreciate by management
Associated Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 30, 2017
Working here at Covance, you really had no work to life balance. When I first worked here, I worked over 50 plus hours on my first week. After the first week, the average was about 55-65 hours a week. Only had a few coworkers that actually were willing to work, and management had no idea what these people were doing. Pretty much the people who did nothing got all the credit while people who did stuff got nothing. Took on large projects without question, but management never acknowledge it. Asked for a reference on my last day, and was told that they were only willing to say that I started on this day and ended on that day. Like really, I worked here for a year and they can't even say anything good at all!? I did my yearly review and brought up all the points I did to management and now towards the end, they weren't willing to acknowledge it. When I put in my two weeks, I was even given a management project that I had to do on my own time while performing my daily work, completed it, and turned it in... totally regret doing it now. I'm just glad I have some coworkers who knew what I did for the company. Was told that if I ever wanted to come back that they were willing to rehire me... my answer: No thank you.
Pros
If you work here for one year, you get a 3 dollar coupon.
Cons
Long days, overwork, management
Experience
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 30, 2017
The day started with your own personal take. I learned that you that people have need for assistance in the medical field and health providers and patient need to have great communication. I work with provider offices and very few patients, to get assistance with their out of pocked expense for cancer drugs. Helping people is a passion of mine. But in this role you had very little connection with the patient. Mainly, with provider office and insurance company. Was the people you worked with and management. The job is self was a lot of information to learn. But in time you can learn each day. Was talking to people, where insurance rep or providers office and know you were getting somewhere in helping a patient.
Pros
Hourly rate of pay was good and benefits.
Cons
work enviroment
Great learning experience but poor management decisions/policies
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 25, 2017
Awesome place to learn about new products and how you can really impact someones life is a great feeling. However they bring in contracted employees to just fill seats vs really searching for good knowledgeable candidates to grow with them. And in order to move up its all about favoritism and who's been there the longest vs who's qualified for the job and nobody wants be apart of a company like that especially if your putting effort into work and fixing peoples mistakes constantly. They definitely favor and treat full time employees vs contracted employees with more respect and lenience which isn't right at all. However lots of overtime and potlucks and in a gorgeous location!
Good foot in the door kind of job
Study Technician - Dose Formulation (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 24, 2017
This job was what I was expecting as a first job out of school. The people are great but that is the best part about it. The pay is low, its only sustainable because of the amount of overtime worked, the hours are variable and long more often than not. The work can be stressful at times but I do enjoy the work we do and I know its for a good cause.
Great Company
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
This is a company that offers many advantages to it's employees in regards to training and opportunities for advancement. Very strong company to work for.
Could be better
Tech Scheduler/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WiMay 18, 2017
Since lab corp has taken over benefits took a big hit and they fired a lot of people even though the research market is up. They also only care about the numbers and do not care about employee retention. This comany is going in a bad direction and I can only hope that they realize it before it is too late.
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
Thought me a lot and now it's time to move on and further my career else where. I would love to explore my potential in handling more challenging scenarios
A professional and fun work environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Fast pace, but with a room to breathe. Learned a lot, but limited to the department. Management is mostly enthusiastic about their jobs. Workplace culture is awesome. The hardest part of the job is long hours overtime.The most enjoyable part of the job is benchwork and people.
Pros
Good infrastructure, good communication.
Cons
Overtime not mandatory but expected, poor job/ life balance.
STUDY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 14, 2017
A typical day for me was a lot of training. Very busy. Everyone helped each other out. Need to know lots more in that type of atmosphere if you apply.
Relaxed work environment
Associate, Global Site Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2017
A lot to learn, but a relaxed environment. As long as you pay attention the SOP's in training and have someone knowledgeable to shadow, anyone should be fine. I learned alot in my almost two years here. How to negotiate and complete a contract, regulatory documents, and reviewing documents for error before submission. The hardest part for me was the contracts, there is no set instructions for learning this in my opinion. The most enjoyable part is when you have worked long and hard to create a perfect package to receive approval, and it happens!
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
benefits have changed
Good "Right After Graduation" Job
Study Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 9, 2017
They over work and underpay for what they expect. Long hours, high stress environment. The over time (when its available) makes for a great pay check. The people there are great, but at the end of the day, all the company cares about is numbers and is not afraid to cut things to make it still profitable.
Great hours and benefits
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2017
Typical workday is 8 hours, varying shifts. The company has great benefits. It is a great place to work at for someone just entering the healthcare field. Extremely disappointed in management. Morale was low and even though training is provided, the training was not the best.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, Poor Morale, Poor Management
Kit Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
I labelled medical test tubes and scanned product in appropriate box. The management is very good and the work environment is overall very positive. The hours are long either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am but other then that I had good experiences working there.
Pros
good pay, great people
Hardworking and caring environment
Document Control/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 7, 2017
Covance was the very first job i ever had, and while working for the quality department, i feel truly blessed that this was my very first job experience. i worked alongside hardworking and extremely caring individuals who were always willing to help and help me be a much more productive individual.
Ok job, but the constant change in management and lack of promotions makes it hard to want to stay
BioAnalytical Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2017
This job is not as bad as some may think, but is very taxing on the person. If they hope to be promoted at a decent rate. They slowly move you up with minimal salary increases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6