Covance

Covance Employee Reviews

enjoyed
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Covance, I assisted patients to get life saving medications. I felt like I was doing something wonderful.
Good company to work for
Administrative services Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, New JerseyMay 18, 2015
This company offers anyone many tools to learn, room for growth and it was a great environment to work for. Highly recommended
Terrible, office politics, bad management, advance only if you are buddy buddy with management
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMay 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, and decent schedule
Cons: Terrible management, bad training, unorganized and very high school environment
I worked at Covance for awhile as a Program Specialist. I loved the work I was doing, but I started to hate it when I realized how high school Covance is. There is lots of drama, no privacy, once you clock in that's it, you can't talk to anyone else without being looked down on, lots of office gossip, the only people that get advanced in the company are the ones that all stick together and are buddy buddy with management, and half the people who get promoted don't do their job well and abuse their leadership. The best feeling I ever had was leaving that company. You have to be a yes man to work there, and you also have to be friends with management to advance in your career.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 8, 2015
Calling patient's insurance company for verifications, authorizations or appeals at the request of either the patient or the doctor for a botox injection. If authorization for a request was not granted then I would have to all and speak with the insurance company and explain to them that the patient's botox injection is medically necessary and not for cosmetics purposes. I learned at this job how to do request for appeals and authorizations and the necessary paper work that needed to be sent to the insurance companies. I also learned how to be persuasive during an appeal. My co-workers were always helpful to assist if you had an insurance company that was difficult to persuade. The co-workers that had been their for a lot of years knew how to get through to a difficult insurance company and would assist. The hardest part of the job was trying to appeal a decision from the insurance company. The most enjoyable part of the job was when your appeal changed the decision of the insurance company and the patient was able to receive the procedure.
Much to be desired
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 23, 2015
Covance is not a great place to work. Managers are not trained and do not know how to effectively run a team. There is too much stress and urgency for every matter that nothing gets done and quality of work is sub par.
Fun workplace
High school Co-op Student (Former Employee), Greenfield, INApril 18, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Temp
Awesome bosses
Leave when youu need to
Come when you need to
Understanding
Welcoming
Room for Improvement
Drug Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with the drug safety team overall. I would have liked more interoffice organization and standardized processes.
Stressful but great benefits
Global Project Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2015
Covance is a high pressure results oriented workplace. They have good training and mentoring programs in place to try and help you get adjusted early in your new position. Management is very good and listens to feedback.
Nice Place to work
User Access Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the job
Cons: only a contract
I worked at Covance a few years back. It was a 6 month contract. From my perspective it was a great place to work.
The development it's in had walking paths, live bands at lunch in the summer.
Exciting and demanding place to work
Vice President (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great opportunities and work/life balance
Cons: vision not always clear
Covance is a company that nicely balances delivering value to clients while also investing in their employees. The staff highly skilled and care deeply about the quality of the service delivered to clients.
Ideal place to work
Contract Clinical Data Coordinator I (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 10, 2015
The level of professionalism is unsurpassed. They are very people friendly - very employee oriented. Allowed to work from home.
Great company to master leadership skills
Program Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2015
I learned to lead agents, train agents effectively, and coach agents with insurance verifications. Programs are offered to help fine-tune your leadership abilities.
Most employees are Temps
Program Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay, a lot of overtime
Cons: they lost the contract
The work environment is friendly and enjoyable. You are only employed until they loose there contract with a specialty drug company. If they are able to keep the contract for more than two years then they decide who they are going to make permanent. There was A LOT of overtime given during the first 3-4 months of the year.
CRO
Accounting Specialist Senior (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 25, 2015
A day at Covance goes very quickly when reporting to Pharma's for Sunshine reporting and Collections. We have may deadlines for Sunshine reporting and Collections which we are focused on great customer service.
Work extremely hard, and play hard!
Miration Team Lead (Former Employee), Madison, WI,January 16, 2015
Pros: freedom to run my crew, cross training and also placing to naturally strng player in the correct roles.
Cons: high security making it sometime difficlt to perform you duties, locked doors, etc.
My typical day at work as the Team Lead involved every aspect of rolling out over 3,500 win7 computers. Scheduling with project managers, leading best scheduling bets time , as not to interupt production.

Metoring the Techs, dealing upset clients, managers, etc. I olisten, and offer solutrions,not excuses.
A good CRO to work for.
Medical documents reviewer. (Former Employee), Princeton, New Jersey.January 14, 2015
In the six months I was there I was happy to be in such a professional environment working within a team covering documentation of medical information across a range of Phase III clinical studies.
Could be a great job if they listened to the employees of why they can't retain trained employees.
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day is starting 60 seconds after shift starts or you are late and 60 seconds to clock out at end of shift or considered OT and frowned on. Inbound calls screening patients for financial assistance for medication that they can not afford or do not have insurance for. Training is extremely fast paced and if you can not produce immediately you are terminated and most of the staff is based on temporary employees. Co- workers were fine to work with and it was great being able to help someone in need find coverage for the medication. The hardest part of the job is it changes continuously daily and there are too many people telling you how to do it and they don't agree on the process. Standards are not consistent for the way they treat employees and show much favoritism.
Negative Atmosphere no Room for Advancement
Employee (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: pto is frowned upon, no appreciation, lack of
Should have the small company relaxed atmosphere where everyone knows everyone and management would not avert their eyes when they pass you in the hallway. What it is, stressful atmosphere, please the clients at your personal sacrifice, relinquishing PTO, outside work normal lifestyle, be a yes person, if you speak up you will get reprimanded, only golden children will advance, even if they can't do the job. There is constant backstabbing, nobody is ever willing to speak up, especially if they erred. There is no appreciation from management, there is no open door policy, they will not even listen to anything you might have a view, idea, comment on.
My opinion, if you are looking for a job, look elsewhere unless you are desperate!
Coworkers are great, but there's a lot of nepotism and poor management
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 15, 2014
Pros: vacation days, coworkers, relaxed attire
Cons: rigid schedules, poor work-pay ratio, stagnant career
I currently work there as a program specialist answering phones and facilitating access to drugs for rare diseases. There is a large volume of work with multiple projects going on simultaneously. Management is unorganized and makes promises to clients without taking into consideration the program specialists' current work load. Frequent changes to program guidelines and trainings in addition to the high work load and stressful phone calls lead to high turnover. The people that work there are warm and inviting, however it does not make up for the amount of work that is required and how much you get paid. The good thing is that you receive about 4 weeks of paid vacation/sick leave, however you must get prior approval for not only days off, but any late arrivals/early leave for the day.
In order to succeed within the company, you must have the right connections; many that are over qualified for their positions are unable to move up in the company due to little/poor connections at the top.
Client services manager
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Greenfield, INDecember 9, 2014
Review benefits eligibility for insurance and also determine if they qualify for additional assistance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more