Covance Employee Reviews

YOu have to make the most of it..
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 7, 2017
Especially if you come into the company from a temp agency, no one provides true support. communication is terrible and there is no help for the customers in a timely fashion. The company needs to reevaluate their materials and processes.
Pros
great experience and once permenant the benefits are great.
Cons
no job security, no support, constant change with no time to intgrate change...
Covance
Sr. Regional/Field Reimbursement Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2016
There is no room for advancement. Plus, there is not any career path set in place to advance.

Some territories are not equivalent to other territories in volume. There is not any additional allowances made in compensation for the territories that have a lot of volume compared to a territory that has very little volume.
Learn as you go environment with friendly staff.
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work would include dressing business casual or professional, clocking activity during shifts, maintaining calls, uploading and organizing fax documents, while using the Sales Force System. Also, other office type duties were assigned. Growing within the company to a supervisory role is permitted. The mission within my team was to improve patient health. On average, I would receive at least 40 calls per day. Sometimes, that would include making outbound calls and then typing case notes. My department was funded on donations received throughout the year. The compensation is okay ($17.00 hourly), but the greatest reward comes from satisfied patients! Overall, this career is great if you prefer a relaxed environment! My objective while working for Covance was to award grants (donated funding) to patients for medication!
Pros
With the learn as you go experience, can be a relaxed working environment.
Cons
Although training is provided, Supervisors and other staff might not know certain answers for the patients and callers.
Fast Pace
Animal Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 9, 2017
A lot of moving around, fast pace scheduled threw out your day. Interact with different animals and people threw out your day in timed events, Rotational shifts and long work days
Pros
pay
Cons
Benefits and Just always beat going home
Great Place to Start
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2016
Great to start. Be careful of Management. Lots of nepotism and harassment. If you can find better, get better. Get the skills you need from this company and move along a better path.
benefits
Cons
Poorly paid, office management, office politics
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20878July 28, 2016
Problems with retention and morale aren’t just issues that confront your human resources officer. They make a measurable affect on your bottom line. The average price to replace an employee, from costs associated with exit interviews, administrative procedures, the interview process and training, is roughly 38 percent of the departed employee’s salary, according to Entrepreneur. Similarly, nationwide about $350 billion in productivity is lost through disengaged employees each year, according to Gallup and cited by Roberts Wesleyan College.
nice place
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2016
Great place to work fast pace and you must know your stuff or else. nice people and good benefits. the onsite gym is a great plus. parking is not the best.
Great Company to Start Your Career At
Sr Study Technician, Pathology (Full­Time) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704August 13, 2016
this company is great to start your career at if you're looking to grow somewhere. you career path is entirely up to you and can travel the world and move on to other great things.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Opportunities
Cons
Alot of work, Micro Management, Spread Thin at times
Loved it
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 15, 2016
I likews working here, good pay, good benefits, fun staff very helpful, some snakes of course, sadly. Didnt like the crazy hours that we had to work, overall very fulfilling job.
Overworked and Underpaid
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Don't socialize, don't talk too loud, and your productivity numbers better be optimal or you could lose your job. I've seen too many coworkers terminated for minuscule "offences." Call centers are not a good place to work, and this is definitely a call center environment. You're just a number here.
Pros
If you become permanent, on-sight gym. It's full-time and there are benefits.
Cons
The environment/culture.

Want to know more about Covance?

Ask a question
Most enjoyable part of the job
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 5, 2016
Many times I get to use my brain and think. UAT, edits, addressing some of the queries that are not correct. I have learned a lot in my positions I have held, and constantly want to learn and take on new challenges and tasks. My typical day is ansering emails, reviewing data, resolving queires, external vendor rec, and SAE rec (once a month)
Pros
Work from home
Cons
it is only contract for now, no benefits, paid vaction or hoildays
Great comapny
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
Great company to work for, awesome benefits, vacation time, great flexibility with schedules. They did not give me a hard time when I had to call out sick
no personal life!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
If you work here, get ready to file a divorce, be hated by your kids, and forget your friends! they will make you work 24/7 and still make you feel guilty for not working enough hours. your annual appraisal and promotion would depends on how many 24 hours shifts you had worked in the previous year
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Very Happy to leave this employer
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 27, 2016
My experience with management is mixed. Many managers are very mean spirited and political. Their main goal is to advance themselves and look down on and take pleasure is mistreating their direct reports. The good managers are intentionally left out of department meetings and information is not shared with them. There are many cases where various managers within Finance dislike each other so much that they don't work together or even talk to each other. Extremely sad place to work. The dynamics are counterproductive to a healthy company and pleasant work environment. Many excellent employees have left as a result.
Pros
Left alone to do my work
Cons
Divided Management, extremely noisy, often bored. education and experience not utilized
Good Pay, Bad Work Life
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 27, 2017
The pay was great, but you work long days, all this over time, and only have an half hour lunch. By the time you get home for the day you do not feel like doing anything else. Your life is completely taken over by this job, and that is why they pay so well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life sucks
Terrible place
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Management was the worst. They would let new employees do minimal work and still keep their job. When I said something about why these people still had jobs, I was the one getting in trouble. It amazed me that the laziest people were the one's getting promotion. The place has went to h$#% since lab corp. Bought covance, employees are losing bonuses and benefits.
The pay is good! Lots of training involved.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2017
Management is aweful!! Very young and unprofessional supervisors. A ton of work is expected and the hours are the worst. Plan on driving in traffic to work and going home to a two hour commute if you don't live near by.

There is a very high turn over. The medical is not that great either!! The dress code is a joke. Employees look like they just rolled out the bed. It was not a professional work environment at all!
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Everything!!
Call Center Life
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 13, 2016
I work in the call center at Covance and I have been here for over 4 years. I started through the Temp Agency and was advised that it was a Customer Service position but when I got here I found out it was a call center position. I stayed because I needed a stable job and position. I do everything on my program and have been the go to person for questions, trainings and updates for a little over 3 years now. Management is horrible ( for a lack of better words). There is a lot of micromanagement and lack of self - respect from management. I was actually told, while I was pregnant, by my direct supervisor that she has no sympathy for pregnant women because she was still here giving interviews while in labor. How rude and disrespectful right? My co-workers are the best and really keep me going throughout the day. We have recently lost holiday time and the benefits have gotten worst and more expensive. We have lost our bonus' and the company is requiring us to complete more work. I enjoy my co-workers however the hardest part of my day is dealing with my supervisor, whom likes to micromanage to make sure that everything is completed in a timely manner however; wants to have personal conversations ALL DAY long.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything else
Does not have a good work/life balance
Lead Study Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 28, 2017
When working for Covance there is no such thing as a life outside of Covance. It is extremely unfortunate that this is the reason for my separation from the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my team and loved my position but the work load was too much. The expectations that they put on Lead study techs is unreasonable and if you are unable to fulfill their needs you will be pushed out, opportunities taken from you and eventually looking for a new job. If you have no family, able to work every weekend, and do multiple split shifts without question, you will be a great fit.
Pros
overtime
Cons
too much mandatory overtime
Management needs to improve/honesty to clients need to improve
Investigator Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Covance is too demanding and being constantly asked to lie to the clients/sponsors by the Investigator Support Management, which is why I am leaving. Pay is only fair, if you are a favorite or literally sleeping with someone, very true. If their Clients/Sponsors knew what they were doing, they would be out of business. If only someone would truly listen.
benefits
Cons
From Management to Job fairness and advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6