Covance Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Management was the worst. They would let new employees do minimal work and still keep their job. When I said something about why these people still had jobs, I was the one getting in trouble. It amazed me that the laziest people were the one's getting promotion. The place has went to h$#% since lab corp. Bought covance, employees are losing bonuses and benefits.
Call Center Life
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 13, 2016
I work in the call center at Covance and I have been here for over 4 years. I started through the Temp Agency and was advised that it was a Customer Service position but when I got here I found out it was a call center position. I stayed because I needed a stable job and position. I do everything on my program and have been the go to person for questions, trainings and updates for a little over 3 years now. Management is horrible ( for a lack of better words). There is a lot of micromanagement and lack of self - respect from management. I was actually told, while I was pregnant, by my direct supervisor that she has no sympathy for pregnant women because she was still here giving interviews while in labor. How rude and disrespectful right? My co-workers are the best and really keep me going throughout the day. We have recently lost holiday time and the benefits have gotten worst and more expensive. We have lost our bonus' and the company is requiring us to complete more work. I enjoy my co-workers however the hardest part of my day is dealing with my supervisor, whom likes to micromanage to make sure that everything is completed in a timely manner however; wants to have personal conversations ALL DAY long.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything else
Good job with responsive and helpful management.
Pathology Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 11, 2016
Would work half the day in the pathology lab, then the other half of the day working with the rest of the interns organizing a new system for archival of sensitive data. Also worked with other interns to create our own philanthropic project that we imagined, created, and executed.
Learned how to talk with peers and management of all levels and work well with others to finish project deadlines, as well as some lab technical skills.
Management and co-workers were friendly, helpful, and responsive.
Pros
Everyone was willing to offer a helping hand and felt very welcome, even as an intern.
Cons
had to work through breaks to get things done in lab.
moderate
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 6, 2016
This is a very stressful but rewarding position. This job has excellent benefits. This position has a very strict schedule.
Terrible!
Contract Managerment (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2016
Hands down the worst group in the company. Don't even expect to get anywhere, grow or be valued while working in Contract Management. Consistent revolving door - they are always hiring because employees are treated terribly.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management, No Growth, Mistreated
Great benefits and work from home
Global Study Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Covance is a great place to work and provides many advancement opportunities. Company allows employees to work from home full time after training.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Work Life Balance
its ok
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 5, 2016
I hate to leave the company but my family is relocating to florida. I am looking for employment in my field in the sunshine state. If i were to stay in indiana I would not leave Covance. I would recommend the job to anyone qualified
Pros
pay
Cons
performance evaluation system
productive and fun workplace
kit production (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2016
I loved the job and my supervisor. it was a great job I just left for better pay. It was a great opportunity and I would recommend that job to anyone
Management needs to improve/honesty to clients need to improve
Investigator Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Covance is too demanding and being constantly asked to lie to the clients/sponsors by the Investigator Support Management, which is why I am leaving. Pay is only fair, if you are a favorite or literally sleeping with someone, very true. If their Clients/Sponsors knew what they were doing, they would be out of business. If only someone would truly listen.
benefits
Cons
From Management to Job fairness and advancement
Overworked Underpaid
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2016
There is always so called voluntary overtime, but if you don't sign up for enough then they say you are not a team player so it is not really voluntary. They are always short handed, but take forever to hire people.

Want to know more about Covance?

Ask a question
Not good at all
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 11, 2016
The management is bad, management has too much ego. You enter as a temp employee and chances of getting perm are very slim.
Be ready to be abused as a temp and get lied to by Covance
Production Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 6, 2016
If you survive their torture training for one month then keep reading. Time sheets are tracked by a software CISCO that constantly logs you out giving the appearance that you left from work. Employees constantly receive emails alerting them that CISCO has logged them out, therefore NO pay. You constantly have to submit email notification begging to please fix and approve your hours so you can get paid for the errors CISCO made.
Every week you get scored via pdf report. If on the phone with a customer you did not say "could i please put you on hold" vs "I am going to put you on hold". You get marked down.

If you are a Randstad temp, they give the power to Covance supervisors to modify your time sheet as they please, if there is a discrepancy and you argue too much, they will let you go on the spot with no warnings.
Run by females. A black supervisor has envy of other attractive female temps and in 6 months of work will speak with you 4 times max.

The manager of the entire call center never speaks to a temp. She constantly scary emails to warn you that if she sees your cellphone on your desk, you are gone. No questions asked.

Most employees are black in their 20s, if you are above 40 you have more chances to be let go. I saw it with my own eyes.
Pros
Elegant building, over time
Cons
short breaks, hostile feel, 65-68 degree temp
Very Demanding Workplace
Patient Access Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2016
The company and their clients have high expectations so put your game face on as soon as you step through the door. It's time to work.
Covance not fun
Insurance Investigator-Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day is on the phone talking to insurance payers, patients, and medical doctor's offices. I learn co-payments, deductibles, and out of pocket on insurances, Medicare,and Medicaid how it works. Pharmacy benefits. Enjoyable my co-workers are great.
Pros
no pros
Cons
n/a
Great Co-Workers
Medical Lab Tech III - Lead Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I worked with some of the greatest people. When their hard work would often go unrecognized by management, co-workers would go out of their way to congratulate others on their accomplishments, both professional and personal. Co-workers were also quick to help others when it was needed and were very openly appreciative when the help was returned in kind.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunities to cross train
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Very laid back
Program specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 27, 2016
This job was easy to adapt to, very easy to balance work life and personal life. I learned a lot about different medications, what they are used for as well as the side effects from them.
Mediocre
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 26, 2016
Unfortunately, my experience at Covance has been mediocre at best. The management plays favorites. There are limited chances for advancement. It is rare to hear any employees say positive things about the company.
Flexible work hours
Research Assocaite (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 10, 2016
Flexible work hours, high emphasis on scientific output with greater opportunities of mentoring from developers and on hand experience with client interactions, great and helpful co-workers, manageable work load,
Productive, helps to grow in carrer
consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Good Work culture. Very challenging environment and gives an exposure to learning.

Got good exposure in Health Care systems and ETL testing
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
NONE
Meh
Associate Analytical Chemist III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2016
First job out of college. Wasn't a bad job but wasn't a good job either. They work you like a dog and the pay isn't great. Friends currently say it's rough to work there now