Covance Employee Reviews in United States

Program Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time here and Love it here. But I feel that it is time that i move on. It is a great place to get experience from. I learned a lot about insurance. How we have medication the helps improve a patients life or even save it.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 5, 2016
Many times I get to use my brain and think. UAT, edits, addressing some of the queries that are not correct. I have learned a lot in my positions I have held, and constantly want to learn and take on new challenges and tasks. My typical day is ansering emails, reviewing data, resolving queires, external vendor rec, and SAE rec (once a month)
Pros
Work from home
Cons
it is only contract for now, no benefits, paid vaction or hoildays
Felt like I was back in High School
Program Specialist Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 27, 2016
I loved my job overall. I loved working with patients and the training aspect of my job. It was when Supervisors are listening and/or contributing to rumor mills that the job became difficult and lost my job. I would suggest not making friends and keeping your head down. Just do your job and go home.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Temp Agents are treated differently
Fast paced company and continuous improvement culture
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2016
The best part of working for Covance was that one never knew exactly what they would be performing at any given time of the day. The systems were complex and multiple platforms of varying degrees of difficulty. The culture was one of continuous growth and improvement.
Overworked and Underpaid
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Don't socialize, don't talk too loud, and your productivity numbers better be optimal or you could lose your job. I've seen too many coworkers terminated for minuscule "offences." Call centers are not a good place to work, and this is definitely a call center environment. You're just a number here.
Pros
If you become permanent, on-sight gym. It's full-time and there are benefits.
Cons
The environment/culture.
Watch out
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
The people are a great bunch, helpful, supervisors one is great , one is ike dead fish ( she needs to get some kind of personality, one is so fake. The rest i didnt have much contact. Any problems u have they call u after u get home, and like i said watch your back , they call you at like 8 at night to tell your let go , no balls to meet with you before you leave for the day, they dont want to let the others know VERY SNEAKY, they make a big deal about money spent on training, but instead of working with you , they just you go. Just a side note to the head of the department. ONE LESS PARKING SPACE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Its in the summary
Good Job Security / Benefits Average to Below Average
Associate Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2016
The HR department does not generally follow company policies regarding internal job postings, which deters opportunities for lateral moves and advancement.
Pros
HSA and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cons
Only six paid holidays and pay below industry standards
Company is great to work for upper management at facility very poorly managed
CRF Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
Worked with Phase I studies from screening to end of study. Data entry for study completion, resolve queries, work with monitors to assure that all information entered was correct. Created screening source for new studies, and if the unit was busy I would do EKG, phlebotomy, processing blood and urine, vital signs, physicals, write up and resolve adverse events. I have learned a great deal about GCP, protocols requirements from numerous studies, Upper management from the local facility was very poor. Never shared company information, doors were closed, very emotionless not an approachable manager rarely spoke to staff. Very micro managed. Out of touch with most of the staff. I have been to two other sites and both directors of the clinics were inviting and personable. Co-workers were a great group of people with plenty of real world experience in the medical field. The hardest part of the job was the micro-managing. the most enjoyable part was the work I did and the studies itself.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no communiction from management
no personal life!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
If you work here, get ready to file a divorce, be hated by your kids, and forget your friends! they will make you work 24/7 and still make you feel guilty for not working enough hours. your annual appraisal and promotion would depends on how many 24 hours shifts you had worked in the previous year
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Work life
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 30, 2016
Was able to train on the job, good experience, great support systems. CTM and project management are hands on with the team
Pros
Good Support system
Cons

Want to know more about Covance?

Ask a question
My first job in us
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2016
My first job to work in us very eagerly to work and had a good experience working with it and very fun to work. Learned many things in software life how to succeeded.
overworked and underpaid
Study Technician lll (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 24, 2016
Overworked and underpaid. No real opportunities for advancements, only move to different departments. Not invested in developing employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2016
It was a unique experience working for this company. They really strive to have employee engagement and diversity. Fun working environment with a lot of great people to work with
Terrible place
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Management was the worst. They would let new employees do minimal work and still keep their job. When I said something about why these people still had jobs, I was the one getting in trouble. It amazed me that the laziest people were the one's getting promotion. The place has went to h$#% since lab corp. Bought covance, employees are losing bonuses and benefits.
Call Center Life
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 13, 2016
I work in the call center at Covance and I have been here for over 4 years. I started through the Temp Agency and was advised that it was a Customer Service position but when I got here I found out it was a call center position. I stayed because I needed a stable job and position. I do everything on my program and have been the go to person for questions, trainings and updates for a little over 3 years now. Management is horrible ( for a lack of better words). There is a lot of micromanagement and lack of self - respect from management. I was actually told, while I was pregnant, by my direct supervisor that she has no sympathy for pregnant women because she was still here giving interviews while in labor. How rude and disrespectful right? My co-workers are the best and really keep me going throughout the day. We have recently lost holiday time and the benefits have gotten worst and more expensive. We have lost our bonus' and the company is requiring us to complete more work. I enjoy my co-workers however the hardest part of my day is dealing with my supervisor, whom likes to micromanage to make sure that everything is completed in a timely manner however; wants to have personal conversations ALL DAY long.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything else
Good job with responsive and helpful management.
Pathology Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 11, 2016
Would work half the day in the pathology lab, then the other half of the day working with the rest of the interns organizing a new system for archival of sensitive data. Also worked with other interns to create our own philanthropic project that we imagined, created, and executed.
Learned how to talk with peers and management of all levels and work well with others to finish project deadlines, as well as some lab technical skills.
Management and co-workers were friendly, helpful, and responsive.
Pros
Everyone was willing to offer a helping hand and felt very welcome, even as an intern.
Cons
had to work through breaks to get things done in lab.
moderate
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 6, 2016
This is a very stressful but rewarding position. This job has excellent benefits. This position has a very strict schedule.
Terrible!
Contract Managerment (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2016
Hands down the worst group in the company. Don't even expect to get anywhere, grow or be valued while working in Contract Management. Consistent revolving door - they are always hiring because employees are treated terribly.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management, No Growth, Mistreated
Great benefits and work from home
Global Study Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Covance is a great place to work and provides many advancement opportunities. Company allows employees to work from home full time after training.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Work Life Balance
its ok
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 5, 2016
I hate to leave the company but my family is relocating to florida. I am looking for employment in my field in the sunshine state. If i were to stay in indiana I would not leave Covance. I would recommend the job to anyone qualified
Pros
pay
Cons
performance evaluation system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5