Covance Employee Reviews

Great Place to Start a Career
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego CASeptember 18, 2017
If you like fast paced environment and are quick to pick up changing trends in healthcare then you may fit in here. I really enjoyed that there wasn't a dull moment, I enjoyed my supervisor she was engaged and always had our well being in mind. This job requires a lot of mental toughness.
Pros
Overtime opportunity
Cons
favoritism
Very physical and demanding job
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 15, 2017
It is very physically demanding, stressful and long days. I wouldn't go back because it is very hard to work with animals that are being tested on. It was really hard emotionally.
Pros
Cons
Emotionally and physically draining
Productive but stressful work environment
Clinical Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 6, 2017
When i first started working at Covance, it was an exciting time. The managers were nice and the colleges were very friendly and helpful. It is a fast pace environment and you must learn quickly but it was helpful that i started in working in a group to learn the SOP's. As time passed and I grew into my role, the department decided to move in a different direction. My managers in my department were shifted. That was a change for the worse. The new management micro managed my work very closely. I can not speak for anyone else but i did not like that very much. Moral in the department plummeted. Although it was not great it was not all bad. I learned so much and i really enjoy learning.
Pros
compensation
Cons
healthcare
Good people to work with
Study Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 3, 2017
Supervisors tend to have their favorite people. These people get the best chances for advancement. Since LabCorp took over our benefits suck. Too many requirements to carry it.love my coworkers but would like to have a fair supervisor
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
High insurance premiums and supervisors pick favorites
Stressful enviroment
Program Associate: Reimbursement Hub Services (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 26, 2017
Their primary focus is getting new business but with changes in management, they've shifted their focus and many talented people are leaving because of the lack of leadership.
Pros
Easy commute, sense of satisfaction that you are helping patients daily.
Cons
Poor management and unrealistic expectations with in adequate staff.
A very strict and biased corporation
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 21, 2017
Company has a very stringent attendance policy which does not allow for traffic or weather concerns. Strict adherence to breaks ad lunch times and require permission to deviate from set schedule, Difficult to obtain time off. Seem to be biased in terms of advancement and training opportunities. Focuses on quantity and not quality. While this company provides a great service to patients and providers,they are a family oriented corporation. In other words do not care what type of personal needs an employee has,
Pros
helping patients with their healthcare needs
Cons
strict adherence policy
ok to work for
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 8, 2017
keep up with your occurrences! the company is serious about unplanned situation. they don't care what happened or happens. the work can be over bearing. and the building is always freezing.
Pros
have pot lucks
Cons
the company does not care, they sell you a big dream
Layed back work place with constant ability to learn and grow
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
Covance allows your to work at your own pace as long as the quality of your work is reliable and accurate. The seem to care about the companies image.
Long Hours
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 6, 2017
Work a lot of hours, weekends, holidays. No work life balance. Management keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. The benefits got a lot worse over the last year.
n/a
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 31, 2017
The company is great. What we do each day really helps people each and every day. There are a few company policies that make It difficult sometimes but overall is a great place to work.
Not a great place if you love animals
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 31, 2017
I did not like working here at all, training is horrible and they don't explain about the animals, you find out when you are walking in the halls. Friendly team mates usally
Pros
na
Cons
animal experments
Terrible work environment
Study Technician I (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 30, 2017
Nobody stays and it's obvious why once you work here reason. They have many issues with high turnover and not wanting to hire to cut costs. They also push for no overtime, but pack too many things into the daily schedule so nothing gets done well. This leads to long hours and unrealistic expectations to employees left at the company. Extremely high stress work environment with little job security and poor compensation.
Great advancement opportunities.
Screening Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 30, 2017
As I arrived at work I would review the participant screening folders and prepare rooms for interviews. As participants arrived I would greet them and room them, explain drug studies and procedures and obtain consent from the participants. It was fast paced and highly skilled work. Clinical skills included venous puncture, medication administration and monitoring participants for side effects from study medication. I found the timed vena puncture very stressful.
Pros
Great Benefits and raises
Cons
stressful environment
Typical Day At Work
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
• Provide monitoring visits and site management for a variety of protocols that are complex and/or require knowledge in advanced therapeutic areas
• Administer protocol and related study training to assigned sites and establish regular lines of communication with sites to manage ongoing project expectations and issues
• Evaluate the quality and integrity of study site practices related to the proper conduct of the protocol and adherence to applicable regulations. Escalate quality issues to Clinical Team Lead (CTL) and/or line manager.
• Manage the progress of assigned studies by tracking regulatory submissions and approvals, recruitment and enrollment, case report form (CRF) completion and submission, and data query generation and resolution
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation regarding site management, monitoring visit findings and action plans by submitting regular visit reports and other required study documentation • Act as a mentor for new clinical staff and may provide assistance to the CTL as designated.
Pros
Great Salary
Do not go in as a temp!
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 12, 2017
They hire a ton of people as temps and weed them out until there are a few or no one left. The temp to hire period will take about 1 year and it is not worth it! They are very short staffed and management is horrible. You are expected to take back to back calls with no breaks except for the mandatory ones. Basically they hire temps as a method of cheap labor without real consideration to hire.
Pros
Cons
bad management, stressful
Great work life balance..
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 10, 2017
I worked in the HR department and my team and management was amazing. Working from home was acceptable and it allowed for great work life balance. There were team events too so it wasn't all boring. Work was challenging but the work culture made it easy to get things done. Really loved working here.
very large facility
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 6, 2017
getting patients approved for loans to pay for their medication for different illness, out going and incoming calls to and from patients reminding them about their refills, loan, appointments, medications, side effects.
Easy and great pay
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2017
I really enjoy working at Covance. The co-workers are great people, manager are always trying to help you grow within the company. They are always having meet to update us with the progress of the company. Always reward Hard work.
Pros
Free lunches, rewards for hard work
Cons
short breaks
Management is awful
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2017
Toxic work environment. Management is awful. Short staffed everywhere. Benefits have gone down the drain since labcorp took over. This used to be a great place to work. Now I can't wait to get out.
Pros
Work from home and good pay
Cons
Management. Environment. Benefits have gone down the drain since labcorp took over.
Stressful enviroment
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
Oppressive! Constant change! parking is horrible. Uncaring Management. Stressful. Can't make friends. Always in training at any given time and training is poor.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
micro management, uncaring manangement, poor training, parking is awful, can't make friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6