Covance Employee Reviews

Great Place to Start
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2016
Great to start. Be careful of Management. Lots of nepotism and harassment. If you can find better, get better. Get the skills you need from this company and move along a better path.
benefits
Cons
Poorly paid, office management, office politics
Love the People
Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2016
As an intern, I got the chance to witness clinical trials in action and learn about the entire process from beginning to end. The management team is fantastic, and the people are just as great.
Pros
Free food all the time, food trucks at the office on Tuesday
This company is a good company. The employees are horrible, biased undertones in conversation and condescending attitudes.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 13, 2016
The work environment at Covance was straining to my psyche. The training process seemed pointless when inevitably you will have to ask for a refresher of the training context.
Cons
Work environment
Good Job
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 9, 2016
Great environment to work in, good managers who help you with issues you may lack in, amazing staff who works together for a common goal, and great training.
Great comapny
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
Great company to work for, awesome benefits, vacation time, great flexibility with schedules. They did not give me a hard time when I had to call out sick
Helpful and responsive management and leaders with ability to move upwards into positions you desired
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2016
Typical day was spend half in the lab and half working on two projects with other interns. Learned a lot about the company and was a great learning experience with helpful management and leaders along with way. Great coworker atmosphere as well.
Pros
Culture and Management
Cons
Repetitive work
Great Company to Start Your Career At
Sr Study Technician, Pathology (Full­Time) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704August 13, 2016
this company is great to start your career at if you're looking to grow somewhere. you career path is entirely up to you and can travel the world and move on to other great things.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Opportunities
Cons
Alot of work, Micro Management, Spread Thin at times
Learn as you go environment with friendly staff.
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work would include dressing business casual or professional, clocking activity during shifts, maintaining calls, uploading and organizing fax documents, while using the Sales Force System. Also, other office type duties were assigned. Growing within the company to a supervisory role is permitted. The mission within my team was to improve patient health. On average, I would receive at least 40 calls per day. Sometimes, that would include making outbound calls and then typing case notes. My department was funded on donations received throughout the year. The compensation is okay ($17.00 hourly), but the greatest reward comes from satisfied patients! Overall, this career is great if you prefer a relaxed environment! My objective while working for Covance was to award grants (donated funding) to patients for medication!
Pros
With the learn as you go experience, can be a relaxed working environment.
Cons
Although training is provided, Supervisors and other staff might not know certain answers for the patients and callers.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20878July 28, 2016
Problems with retention and morale aren’t just issues that confront your human resources officer. They make a measurable affect on your bottom line. The average price to replace an employee, from costs associated with exit interviews, administrative procedures, the interview process and training, is roughly 38 percent of the departed employee’s salary, according to Entrepreneur. Similarly, nationwide about $350 billion in productivity is lost through disengaged employees each year, according to Gallup and cited by Roberts Wesleyan College.
Was a very unrewarding job that was unsatisfying in every facet imaginable
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of collecting samples and scanning them into long term storage drawers. Very mundane, very boring, but absolutely necessary because it is the backbone of their business. I learned how to handle dry ice and liquid nitrogen but that was basically it. Management was pretty disconnected with the lower level employees. In fact when I was let go I was never given a warning or was approached why anyone, I got a call that night after work from the contracting company that got me the job saying I got let go. To me that was a classless move. Most of the coworkers were nice but none of them were too worried about making friends with anyone. The hardest part of the job was not going crazy. It was super boring and not very engaging, I would rather do hard manual labor. The most enjoyable part was the unlimited overtime.
Pros
unlimited overtime, 40 minute paid lunch, flexible hours
Cons
mundane
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time here and Love it here. But I feel that it is time that i move on. It is a great place to get experience from. I learned a lot about insurance. How we have medication the helps improve a patients life or even save it.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 5, 2016
Many times I get to use my brain and think. UAT, edits, addressing some of the queries that are not correct. I have learned a lot in my positions I have held, and constantly want to learn and take on new challenges and tasks. My typical day is ansering emails, reviewing data, resolving queires, external vendor rec, and SAE rec (once a month)
Pros
Work from home
Cons
it is only contract for now, no benefits, paid vaction or hoildays
Felt like I was back in High School
Program Specialist Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 27, 2016
I loved my job overall. I loved working with patients and the training aspect of my job. It was when Supervisors are listening and/or contributing to rumor mills that the job became difficult and lost my job. I would suggest not making friends and keeping your head down. Just do your job and go home.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Temp Agents are treated differently
Fast paced company and continuous improvement culture
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2016
The best part of working for Covance was that one never knew exactly what they would be performing at any given time of the day. The systems were complex and multiple platforms of varying degrees of difficulty. The culture was one of continuous growth and improvement.
Overworked and Underpaid
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Don't socialize, don't talk too loud, and your productivity numbers better be optimal or you could lose your job. I've seen too many coworkers terminated for minuscule "offences." Call centers are not a good place to work, and this is definitely a call center environment. You're just a number here.
Pros
If you become permanent, on-sight gym. It's full-time and there are benefits.
Cons
The environment/culture.
Watch out
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
The people are a great bunch, helpful, supervisors one is great , one is ike dead fish ( she needs to get some kind of personality, one is so fake. The rest i didnt have much contact. Any problems u have they call u after u get home, and like i said watch your back , they call you at like 8 at night to tell your let go , no balls to meet with you before you leave for the day, they dont want to let the others know VERY SNEAKY, they make a big deal about money spent on training, but instead of working with you , they just you go. Just a side note to the head of the department. ONE LESS PARKING SPACE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Its in the summary
Good Job Security / Benefits Average to Below Average
Associate Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2016
The HR department does not generally follow company policies regarding internal job postings, which deters opportunities for lateral moves and advancement.
Pros
HSA and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cons
Only six paid holidays and pay below industry standards
Company is great to work for upper management at facility very poorly managed
CRF Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
Worked with Phase I studies from screening to end of study. Data entry for study completion, resolve queries, work with monitors to assure that all information entered was correct. Created screening source for new studies, and if the unit was busy I would do EKG, phlebotomy, processing blood and urine, vital signs, physicals, write up and resolve adverse events. I have learned a great deal about GCP, protocols requirements from numerous studies, Upper management from the local facility was very poor. Never shared company information, doors were closed, very emotionless not an approachable manager rarely spoke to staff. Very micro managed. Out of touch with most of the staff. I have been to two other sites and both directors of the clinics were inviting and personable. Co-workers were a great group of people with plenty of real world experience in the medical field. The hardest part of the job was the micro-managing. the most enjoyable part was the work I did and the studies itself.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no communiction from management
no personal life!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
If you work here, get ready to file a divorce, be hated by your kids, and forget your friends! they will make you work 24/7 and still make you feel guilty for not working enough hours. your annual appraisal and promotion would depends on how many 24 hours shifts you had worked in the previous year
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Work life
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 30, 2016
Was able to train on the job, good experience, great support systems. CTM and project management are hands on with the team
Pros
Good Support system

2.5