Covance Employee Reviews in United States

Good job with responsive and helpful management.
Pathology Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 11, 2016
Would work half the day in the pathology lab, then the other half of the day working with the rest of the interns organizing a new system for archival of sensitive data. Also worked with other interns to create our own philanthropic project that we imagined, created, and executed.
Learned how to talk with peers and management of all levels and work well with others to finish project deadlines, as well as some lab technical skills.
Management and co-workers were friendly, helpful, and responsive.
Pros
Everyone was willing to offer a helping hand and felt very welcome, even as an intern.
Cons
had to work through breaks to get things done in lab.
Terrible place
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Management was the worst. They would let new employees do minimal work and still keep their job. When I said something about why these people still had jobs, I was the one getting in trouble. It amazed me that the laziest people were the one's getting promotion. The place has went to h$#% since lab corp. Bought covance, employees are losing bonuses and benefits.
Management needs to improve/honesty to clients need to improve
Investigator Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Covance is too demanding and being constantly asked to lie to the clients/sponsors by the Investigator Support Management, which is why I am leaving. Pay is only fair, if you are a favorite or literally sleeping with someone, very true. If their Clients/Sponsors knew what they were doing, they would be out of business. If only someone would truly listen.
benefits
Cons
From Management to Job fairness and advancement
Good Job Security / Benefits Average to Below Average
Associate Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2016
The HR department does not generally follow company policies regarding internal job postings, which deters opportunities for lateral moves and advancement.
Pros
HSA and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cons
Only six paid holidays and pay below industry standards
no personal life!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
If you work here, get ready to file a divorce, be hated by your kids, and forget your friends! they will make you work 24/7 and still make you feel guilty for not working enough hours. your annual appraisal and promotion would depends on how many 24 hours shifts you had worked in the previous year
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Great Co-Workers
Medical Lab Tech III - Lead Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I worked with some of the greatest people. When their hard work would often go unrecognized by management, co-workers would go out of their way to congratulate others on their accomplishments, both professional and personal. Co-workers were also quick to help others when it was needed and were very openly appreciative when the help was returned in kind.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunities to cross train
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Terrible!
Contract Managerment (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2016
Hands down the worst group in the company. Don't even expect to get anywhere, grow or be valued while working in Contract Management. Consistent revolving door - they are always hiring because employees are treated terribly.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management, No Growth, Mistreated
Questionable Management
drug safety (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Upper management does not listen to line members when it comes to concerns about line managers. As long as the numbers looks good they dont care how the line managers are. My manager continually plays favorites and flat out lies to the newer employees. If one of the associates does something wrong its somehow the assistants fault. And she does not use the assistants as the job description. We are used as file clerks and assistants to the associates. Again this has been voiced to upper management several times to to avail. But this is just in my little area of the company. I hear other divisions work better...wish i was in one of them.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
DSS upper management does not listen to line members
its ok
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 5, 2016
I hate to leave the company but my family is relocating to florida. I am looking for employment in my field in the sunshine state. If i were to stay in indiana I would not leave Covance. I would recommend the job to anyone qualified
Pros
pay
Cons
performance evaluation system
fun place to work treated temp employees like regular employees
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 30, 2015
Nice working environment, willing to train employees so they are comfortable in doing their job. Flexible in working hours. Atmosphere was like one big family.
Pros
No one was not excluded from activities whether you were a regular employee or a contractor
Cons
A/P department was outsourced
The people who work there are awesome...the management, not so much.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
Covance is NOT a bad company to work for. It is the negative environment fostered by the VP at the California site that makes working there less than desirable. The dysfunction becomes apparent when you discover that there are no written training materials for administrative staff. The CEO is fine. It's the vice president's micro-management that needs addressing.
Pros
Compensation is great!
Cons
Work environment and micromanagement by the VP are major issues.
Covance not fun
Insurance Investigator-Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day is on the phone talking to insurance payers, patients, and medical doctor's offices. I learn co-payments, deductibles, and out of pocket on insurances, Medicare,and Medicaid how it works. Pharmacy benefits. Enjoyable my co-workers are great.
Pros
no pros
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2016
It was a unique experience working for this company. They really strive to have employee engagement and diversity. Fun working environment with a lot of great people to work with
Great benefits and work from home
Global Study Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Covance is a great place to work and provides many advancement opportunities. Company allows employees to work from home full time after training.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Work Life Balance
answering phones, data entry,
data entry (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 21, 2015
The manger would have favorite certain people, if you where a temp then you where treated as if you where a temp and you could get fired any day. They like to over hirer people make people move seat like once a week or sometime once month and then didn't have enough seat for everyone.
Overworked Underpaid
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2016
There is always so called voluntary overtime, but if you don't sign up for enough then they say you are not a team player so it is not really voluntary. They are always short handed, but take forever to hire people.
My first job in us
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2016
My first job to work in us very eagerly to work and had a good experience working with it and very fun to work. Learned many things in software life how to succeeded.
Work life
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 30, 2016
Was able to train on the job, good experience, great support systems. CTM and project management are hands on with the team
Pros
Good Support system
overworked and underpaid
Study Technician lll (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 24, 2016
Overworked and underpaid. No real opportunities for advancements, only move to different departments. Not invested in developing employees.
Company is great to work for upper management at facility very poorly managed
CRF Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
Worked with Phase I studies from screening to end of study. Data entry for study completion, resolve queries, work with monitors to assure that all information entered was correct. Created screening source for new studies, and if the unit was busy I would do EKG, phlebotomy, processing blood and urine, vital signs, physicals, write up and resolve adverse events. I have learned a great deal about GCP, protocols requirements from numerous studies, Upper management from the local facility was very poor. Never shared company information, doors were closed, very emotionless not an approachable manager rarely spoke to staff. Very micro managed. Out of touch with most of the staff. I have been to two other sites and both directors of the clinics were inviting and personable. Co-workers were a great group of people with plenty of real world experience in the medical field. The hardest part of the job was the micro-managing. the most enjoyable part was the work I did and the studies itself.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no communiction from management