Covance Employee Reviews

Great learning experience but poor management decisions/policies
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 25, 2017
Awesome place to learn about new products and how you can really impact someones life is a great feeling. However they bring in contracted employees to just fill seats vs really searching for good knowledgeable candidates to grow with them. And in order to move up its all about favoritism and who's been there the longest vs who's qualified for the job and nobody wants be apart of a company like that especially if your putting effort into work and fixing peoples mistakes constantly. They definitely favor and treat full time employees vs contracted employees with more respect and lenience which isn't right at all. However lots of overtime and potlucks and in a gorgeous location!
Good foot in the door kind of job
Study Technician - Dose Formulation (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 24, 2017
This job was what I was expecting as a first job out of school. The people are great but that is the best part about it. The pay is low, its only sustainable because of the amount of overtime worked, the hours are variable and long more often than not. The work can be stressful at times but I do enjoy the work we do and I know its for a good cause.
Great Company
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
This is a company that offers many advantages to it's employees in regards to training and opportunities for advancement. Very strong company to work for.
Could be better
Tech Scheduler/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WiMay 18, 2017
Since lab corp has taken over benefits took a big hit and they fired a lot of people even though the research market is up. They also only care about the numbers and do not care about employee retention. This comany is going in a bad direction and I can only hope that they realize it before it is too late.
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
Thought me a lot and now it's time to move on and further my career else where. I would love to explore my potential in handling more challenging scenarios
A professional and fun work environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Fast pace, but with a room to breathe. Learned a lot, but limited to the department. Management is mostly enthusiastic about their jobs. Workplace culture is awesome. The hardest part of the job is long hours overtime.The most enjoyable part of the job is benchwork and people.
Pros
Good infrastructure, good communication.
Cons
Overtime not mandatory but expected, poor job/ life balance.
STUDY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 14, 2017
A typical day for me was a lot of training. Very busy. Everyone helped each other out. Need to know lots more in that type of atmosphere if you apply.
Relaxed work environment
Associate, Global Site Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2017
A lot to learn, but a relaxed environment. As long as you pay attention the SOP's in training and have someone knowledgeable to shadow, anyone should be fine. I learned alot in my almost two years here. How to negotiate and complete a contract, regulatory documents, and reviewing documents for error before submission. The hardest part for me was the contracts, there is no set instructions for learning this in my opinion. The most enjoyable part is when you have worked long and hard to create a perfect package to receive approval, and it happens!
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
benefits have changed
Good "Right After Graduation" Job
Study Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 9, 2017
They over work and underpay for what they expect. Long hours, high stress environment. The over time (when its available) makes for a great pay check. The people there are great, but at the end of the day, all the company cares about is numbers and is not afraid to cut things to make it still profitable.
Great hours and benefits
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2017
Typical workday is 8 hours, varying shifts. The company has great benefits. It is a great place to work at for someone just entering the healthcare field. Extremely disappointed in management. Morale was low and even though training is provided, the training was not the best.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, Poor Morale, Poor Management

Want to know more about Covance?

Ask a question
Kit Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
I labelled medical test tubes and scanned product in appropriate box. The management is very good and the work environment is overall very positive. The hours are long either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am but other then that I had good experiences working there.
Pros
good pay, great people
Hardworking and caring environment
Document Control/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 7, 2017
Covance was the very first job i ever had, and while working for the quality department, i feel truly blessed that this was my very first job experience. i worked alongside hardworking and extremely caring individuals who were always willing to help and help me be a much more productive individual.
Ok job, but the constant change in management and lack of promotions makes it hard to want to stay
BioAnalytical Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2017
This job is not as bad as some may think, but is very taxing on the person. If they hope to be promoted at a decent rate. They slowly move you up with minimal salary increases
Run Far Away
Study Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 29, 2017
Covance was a great place to work until Lab corp took it over. COmpany culture has declined rapidly, upper management treats employees like a number. Massive layoffs recently (700+)
If you are a robot this is the job for you.
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20878April 28, 2017
Starting out was great. I was hired as a program specialist. This job goes by a point system. And thats where you have to watch out. I have seen two women carried out on a stretcher from being sick and not feeling well and they were both given a point for being SICK. Even if you have an emergency just know you have to choose whether to get a point or take care of your issue. Sad to say you are a slave working for Covance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You get a point for EVERYTHING!
Never, ever get sick working at Covance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 27, 2017
Never, ever get sick at this company, do not take even intermittent FMLA, they don't care and even if you have PTO available they count it against you if it's not planned way ahead.

Management is very poorly trained and not available to employees. Horrible work environment and I think they did me a favor letting me go.
Pros
coworkers were great until they quit or were fired
Cons
no respect for employees at all
Great learning Experience
Research Assistant III (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJApril 25, 2017
Good work chemistry amongst the lab. Chaotic work chemistry from project managers to lab staff. For that reason lab was always playing catch up with work and deadlines making for a fast pace sink or swim type of environment.
Must Go Along to Get Along!
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
Good Pay. Health insurance benefits could be better. You are hired as a customer service representative, but its not about customer service. Every Penny will be Squeezed out of you. Very 3rd World Underdeveloped Country Culture/Environment (Covance is Global). Training done by seasoned co-workers (lots of room for moving up), training is horrible, you may be in a room the size of a closet with 15 others, if you complain, you become a target. Attitude here is not about caring for employees, but about producing for the Pharmaceutical clients who are wealthy, so Supervisors are stressed in which you will be stressed. They are just all over the place, NO ONE smiles, Very Depressing environment. You will need the PTO for a weekly "Mental Day".
Pros
PTO offered (will need it)
Cons
Horrible Training
Inconsistent
Infusion Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2017
The workload will either go from breakneck pace where you have to work 12 hour days with no break for 12 days straight, or it grinds to a dead halt and work hours become severely limited. The attitude of all the employees is terrible and and the turnover is extremely high.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Work weekends without days off, poor health insurance, irregular work load, Management doesn't care for its employees
Cookbook chemistry
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 16, 2017
Working at Covance as a first job had its ups and downs in CFS. It was a good opportunity to get my foot into the working force and it helped that the work wasn't too overly complicated to begin a first job. Unfortunately, the work tends to be 'cookbook chemistry' and isn't all that intellectually demanding. Which to me made me feel like I lost some of my skills. The work culture here also seems to have more of an emphasis on quantity and not always quality. Though there have been some recent changes to improve this which is happy to see.
Pros
If you're a good worker most supervisors are flexible. Good PTO/holiday time off.
Cons
Cookbook chemistry, High turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6