Covance

Covance Employee Reviews

Be ready to be abused as a temp and get lied to by Covance
Production Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 6, 2016
If you survive their torture training for one month then keep reading. Time sheets are tracked by a software CISCO that constantly logs you out giving the appearance that you left from work. Employees constantly receive emails alerting them that CISCO has logged them out, therefore NO pay. You constantly have to submit email notification begging to please fix and approve your hours so you can get paid for the errors CISCO made.
Every week you get scored via pdf report. If on the phone with a customer you did not say "could i please put you on hold" vs "I am going to put you on hold". You get marked down.

If you are a Randstad temp, they give the power to Covance supervisors to modify your time sheet as they please, if there is a discrepancy and you argue too much, they will let you go on the spot with no warnings.
Run by females. A black supervisor has envy of other attractive female temps and in 6 months of work will speak with you 4 times max.

The manager of the entire call center never speaks to a temp. She constantly scary emails to warn you that if she sees your cellphone on your desk, you are gone. No questions asked.

Most employees are black in their 20s, if you are above 40 you have more chances to be let go. I saw it with my own eyes.
Pros
Elegant building, over time
Cons
short breaks, hostile feel, 65-68 degree temp
Very Demanding Workplace
Patient Access Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2016
The company and their clients have high expectations so put your game face on as soon as you step through the door. It's time to work.
Covance not fun
Insurance Investigator-Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day is on the phone talking to insurance payers, patients, and medical doctor's offices. I learn co-payments, deductibles, and out of pocket on insurances, Medicare,and Medicaid how it works. Pharmacy benefits. Enjoyable my co-workers are great.
Pros
no pros
Cons
n/a
Great Co-Workers
Medical Lab Tech III - Lead Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I worked with some of the greatest people. When their hard work would often go unrecognized by management, co-workers would go out of their way to congratulate others on their accomplishments, both professional and personal. Co-workers were also quick to help others when it was needed and were very openly appreciative when the help was returned in kind.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunities to cross train
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Very laid back
Program specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 27, 2016
This job was easy to adapt to, very easy to balance work life and personal life. I learned a lot about different medications, what they are used for as well as the side effects from them.
Mediocre
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 26, 2016
Unfortunately, my experience at Covance has been mediocre at best. The management plays favorites. There are limited chances for advancement. It is rare to hear any employees say positive things about the company.
Flexible work hours
Research Assocaite (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 10, 2016
Flexible work hours, high emphasis on scientific output with greater opportunities of mentoring from developers and on hand experience with client interactions, great and helpful co-workers, manageable work load,
Productive, helps to grow in carrer
consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Good Work culture. Very challenging environment and gives an exposure to learning.

Got good exposure in Health Care systems and ETL testing
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
NONE
Meh
Associate Analytical Chemist III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2016
First job out of college. Wasn't a bad job but wasn't a good job either. They work you like a dog and the pay isn't great. Friends currently say it's rough to work there now
fun place to work treated temp employees like regular employees
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 30, 2015
Nice working environment, willing to train employees so they are comfortable in doing their job. Flexible in working hours. Atmosphere was like one big family.
Pros
No one was not excluded from activities whether you were a regular employee or a contractor
Cons
A/P department was outsourced
Questionable Management
drug safety (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 29, 2015
Upper management does not listen to line members when it comes to concerns about line managers. As long as the numbers looks good they dont care how the line managers are. My manager continually plays favorites and flat out lies to the newer employees. If one of the associates does something wrong its somehow the assistants fault. And she does not use the assistants as the job description. We are used as file clerks and assistants to the associates. Again this has been voiced to upper management several times to to avail. But this is just in my little area of the company. I hear other divisions work better...wish i was in one of them.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
DSS upper management does not listen to line members
answering phones, data entry,
data entry (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 21, 2015
The manger would have favorite certain people, if you where a temp then you where treated as if you where a temp and you could get fired any day. They like to over hirer people make people move seat like once a week or sometime once month and then didn't have enough seat for everyone.
verry nice place to work
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INDecember 15, 2015
I did inbound and outbound calls, insurance investigations etc. Calling Dr office patients it was a nice place to work quite interesting as well.
Pros
very organized place
Cons
short breaks
The people who work there are awesome...the management, not so much.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
Covance is NOT a bad company to work for. It is the negative environment fostered by the VP at the California site that makes working there less than desirable. The dysfunction becomes apparent when you discover that there are no written training materials for administrative staff. The CEO is fine. It's the vice president's micro-management that needs addressing.
Pros
Compensation is great!
Cons
Work environment and micromanagement by the VP are major issues.
It ws a productive and fun workplace
Interim Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2015
Calling drug companies, doctor's office and patients regarding their accounts. Then verifying with patient's insurance if covered. Supervisor and co-workers worked together. The work environment was enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
Loved wortking here
Clinical Data Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2015
I loved working at Covance. I learned a lot about the clinical trials that take place in order for medicine to be approved by the FDA. I loved my job.
Pros
Learning all about clinical trials and medicine
Cons
Our department was closed.
Fast paced environment
Sample Management Specialist I (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJOctober 7, 2015
Very busy and attention to detail is a must. there is always overtime available. Working with numbers all day and can be easy to make mistakes.
Great Company to work for.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed supporting the Vice President and her management team. Day to day supporting the VP included Expense Vouchers, Domestic and Foreign travel. Utilizing Microsoft office suite. Managing a complex calendar scheduling.
Benefits
Cons
Constant turnover with management
Balanced if you make work your life.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, wiSeptember 26, 2015
The only pro to working here are the benefits! They are amazing. I worked here for 7 years however and was overworked and underpaid every day. I worked anywhere from 50 to 60 hours a week and was always guilted to take on more work. I even pulled two 24 hour shifts before!!! They preech work/life balance, but the only way to have a work/life balance is to make work your life. There were several divorces of people who worked here and even my relationship was shakey until I left. They do year end reviews and that is what your raise was based on, however it is all politics and howuvh your supervisors liked you. I loved my Co workers and the job, but the hours and politics where rediculous. Great for a college grad looking for some experience, but I can't see it as a long term job unless you want to be married to your job.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, a few events throughout the year
Cons
To many hours, supervisors are clueless
Very Diverse
Program Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 22, 2015
The co workers and other agents are very friendly. The company has made alterations and improvements to the working enviroment. This has made work more enjoyable.