Covance

Covance Employee Reviews

Caring company, friendly environment
Specialist, Global Document Review Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2015
The people in the Nashville office are friendly. You will find a variety of ages and ethnicities. It's casual and professional all at the same time! Covance itself cares about people and how Covance can make a difference in this world.
Terrible place to work
Stationary Engineer II (Former Employee), Greenfield, INAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: Supervisor, narcissistic fellow employees, good old boy system
I worked in powerhouse for 13 years. The last 3 after Covance took over were the worst three years I have ever had. Supervisor was unqualified and played serious favorites. Several employees needed to be reigned in, but never were. Work load was never fairly distributed. Personal confrontation was the norm and seemed to be encouraged. Just an all around terrible experience under Covance. Before Covance powerhouse was a great place to work.
Productive and Helpful work environment
Program Representative (Former Employee), Greenfield, INAugust 6, 2015
Productive work environment with helpful associates and supervisors. Everyone is able to work as a team in a calm, collect environment.
Terrible Management
Contract Management (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Co-Worker's
Cons: Childish Management, Long Days
This was the absolute worst position I have ever had. Management talked about people, treated people unfairly, played "favorites" and provided little to no feedback unless it was putting you down. The turn-around for employees was terrible, a total revolving door. Very long work days and unreasonable hours, which didn't matter to management. Some people we're able to work from home others we're told no with no explanation. The only plus was having decent co-workers that we're looking out for each other.. including helping each other leave this place!
Good for a starter job.
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Monthly Outings in an atempt to keep everyone sane and happy.
Cons: They expect you to give up your life outside of work.
This is a nice place to work for a starter job, to get your feet wet. A very high turnover rate. No chance for advancement. Also ways new management and employees.
Acceptable
Program Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: Short lunch breaks
I would recommend this company to anyone that is in need of a job but not necessarily for advancement or room for growth. It is a great job if you are looking to maintain a stable job with no room for advancement. Busy environment and multi-tasking are daily necessities.
Not a Good workplace
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 15, 2015
Cons: supervisior Marneda See
Not a good job they make you do all the senior employee work I would never work there again. only 30 minute lunches. You work like a slave. As a temp they except you to make 50 calls a day. while the permanent employees sit on there butts and talk all day. I never enjoyed this job the whole time the supervisior watched you like a hawk,
Informative workplace
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 5, 2015
very busy, micro managed, co workers family oriented., rate of pay low. management not friendly. looking for new opportunities were I am able to enhance my current skills while growing with the company.
Poor Management, No Organization, Mgmt Doesn't Have a Clue
Accounting (Former Employee), GreenfieldJune 1, 2015
Pros: co workers were nice
Cons: Management is bad, Training is bad, Very Clicky environment
One of the worst experiences in my life. Your supervisor/mgr doesn't really even take an active role in your position. Very high school like. Supervisors have their own 'click' of employees that they go to lunch with and such. Supervisors don't even put in an 8 hour day at the office. No organization. Training is pathetic if you get it. Most of the times you have to find other people you work with and get them to try and train you. Don't question anything because then you are seen as not being a "team player" yet that team doesn't seem to have to include managers as they just come and go as they please and are more worried about who they are going drinking with after work. Run very fast in the other direction. Very sad situation. Most in the department would like to speak up but they can't because they need their jobs. Sinking Ship !!!!
Another great work culture that was "family oriented"
Supervisor - Lab Animal Care (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 30, 2015
I had the privilege of supervising a group of dedicated and knowledgeable employees. The management staff was supportive and I learned a great deal from everyone at the site.
enjoyed
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Covance, I assisted patients to get life saving medications. I felt like I was doing something wonderful.
Good company to work for
Administrative services Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, New JerseyMay 18, 2015
This company offers anyone many tools to learn, room for growth and it was a great environment to work for. Highly recommended
Terrible, office politics, bad management, advance only if you are buddy buddy with management
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMay 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, and decent schedule
Cons: Terrible management, bad training, unorganized and very high school environment
I worked at Covance for awhile as a Program Specialist. I loved the work I was doing, but I started to hate it when I realized how high school Covance is. There is lots of drama, no privacy, once you clock in that's it, you can't talk to anyone else without being looked down on, lots of office gossip, the only people that get advanced in the company are the ones that all stick together and are buddy buddy with management, and half the people who get promoted don't do their job well and abuse their leadership. The best feeling I ever had was leaving that company. You have to be a yes man to work there, and you also have to be friends with management to advance in your career.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 8, 2015
Calling patient's insurance company for verifications, authorizations or appeals at the request of either the patient or the doctor for a botox injection. If authorization for a request was not granted then I would have to all and speak with the insurance company and explain to them that the patient's botox injection is medically necessary and not for cosmetics purposes. I learned at this job how to do request for appeals and authorizations and the necessary paper work that needed to be sent to the insurance companies. I also learned how to be persuasive during an appeal. My co-workers were always helpful to assist if you had an insurance company that was difficult to persuade. The co-workers that had been their for a lot of years knew how to get through to a difficult insurance company and would assist. The hardest part of the job was trying to appeal a decision from the insurance company. The most enjoyable part of the job was when your appeal changed the decision of the insurance company and the patient was able to receive the procedure.
Much to be desired
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 23, 2015
Covance is not a great place to work. Managers are not trained and do not know how to effectively run a team. There is too much stress and urgency for every matter that nothing gets done and quality of work is sub par.
Fun workplace
High school Co-op Student (Former Employee), Greenfield, INApril 18, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Temp
Awesome bosses
Leave when youu need to
Come when you need to
Understanding
Welcoming
Room for Improvement
Drug Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with the drug safety team overall. I would have liked more interoffice organization and standardized processes.
Stressful but great benefits
Global Project Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2015
Covance is a high pressure results oriented workplace. They have good training and mentoring programs in place to try and help you get adjusted early in your new position. Management is very good and listens to feedback.
Nice Place to work
User Access Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the job
Cons: only a contract
I worked at Covance a few years back. It was a 6 month contract. From my perspective it was a great place to work.
The development it's in had walking paths, live bands at lunch in the summer.
Exciting and demanding place to work
Vice President (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great opportunities and work/life balance
Cons: vision not always clear
Covance is a company that nicely balances delivering value to clients while also investing in their employees. The staff highly skilled and care deeply about the quality of the service delivered to clients.
Headquarters