Covance Employee Reviews

no comment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46214October 18, 2017
No comment. This demand for comment must be stopped as it is rude and unproductive. A water of valuable time is not a worthy endeavor and no comment should be more than sufficient.
Stressful
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
Very high turnover rate. All documentation is mainly by paper. You have to kiss a** to advance. Management is very poor in the sample processing department. VERY high turnover rate and the employees are fake. All new management will come by 2018-2019
Pros
Typical pros
Cons
Healthcare sucks if you need it. HIGH turnover rate
Wouldn't recommend it
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
It's a paycheck. High stress. Not good worklife balance. Feel pressured to work extra or penalized if not. Career advancement seems limited. Current benefits package no different than industry standard for large corporations.
Pros
Job security
Cons
High stress. High turnover. Lack of management
Not a good Experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 16, 2017
I worked extremely hard for the company, and I was treated disrespectful from higher management. Management makes sure that you feel beneath them, even though I tried to do my best. Very bad experience
Solid company
Senior Backup Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 10, 2017
Coworkers friendly and supportive. The culture was a little dull but overall a comfortable place to work. Salary was generous and overtime was abundant. I would recommend this company to anyone interested.
Its a work in progress
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2017
Covance is a great place to lay the foundation in a health care career. It provides a lot of training and exposure on the insurance coordination , benefir
Bad Temp positions
DRUG SAFETY ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Covance is great if you get brought on permanently, which is very hard to do here. They just contract you out until they cannot contract you anymore. I would say this is good for students right out of school, would not recommend for anyone who has a family.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, no career advancement
Going downhill
Study Coordinator - Bioanalytical Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 24, 2017
Keep it short and sweet. The company used to be a desirable place to work but has gone quickly downhill after being acquired. Work life has not manageable for people with families and coworkers are underpaid compared to job titles else where in the country.
It is okay
Clinical Project Administration (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Talent is not recognized or appreciated. Ever since LabCorp took ove r the company, the company seems to be going downhill. They care more for expansion than quality.
Great Place to Start a Career
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego CASeptember 18, 2017
If you like fast paced environment and are quick to pick up changing trends in healthcare then you may fit in here. I really enjoyed that there wasn't a dull moment, I enjoyed my supervisor she was engaged and always had our well being in mind. This job requires a lot of mental toughness.
Pros
Overtime opportunity
Cons
favoritism
Very physical and demanding job
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 15, 2017
It is very physically demanding, stressful and long days. I wouldn't go back because it is very hard to work with animals that are being tested on. It was really hard emotionally.
Pros
Cons
Emotionally and physically draining
Productive but stressful work environment
Clinical Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 6, 2017
When i first started working at Covance, it was an exciting time. The managers were nice and the colleges were very friendly and helpful. It is a fast pace environment and you must learn quickly but it was helpful that i started in working in a group to learn the SOP's. As time passed and I grew into my role, the department decided to move in a different direction. My managers in my department were shifted. That was a change for the worse. The new management micro managed my work very closely. I can not speak for anyone else but i did not like that very much. Moral in the department plummeted. Although it was not great it was not all bad. I learned so much and i really enjoy learning.
Pros
compensation
Cons
healthcare
Good people to work with
Study Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 3, 2017
Supervisors tend to have their favorite people. These people get the best chances for advancement. Since LabCorp took over our benefits suck. Too many requirements to carry it.love my coworkers but would like to have a fair supervisor
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
High insurance premiums and supervisors pick favorites
Stressful enviroment
Program Associate: Reimbursement Hub Services (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 26, 2017
Their primary focus is getting new business but with changes in management, they've shifted their focus and many talented people are leaving because of the lack of leadership.
Pros
Easy commute, sense of satisfaction that you are helping patients daily.
Cons
Poor management and unrealistic expectations with in adequate staff.
A very strict and biased corporation
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 21, 2017
Company has a very stringent attendance policy which does not allow for traffic or weather concerns. Strict adherence to breaks ad lunch times and require permission to deviate from set schedule, Difficult to obtain time off. Seem to be biased in terms of advancement and training opportunities. Focuses on quantity and not quality. While this company provides a great service to patients and providers,they are a family oriented corporation. In other words do not care what type of personal needs an employee has,
Pros
helping patients with their healthcare needs
Cons
strict adherence policy
ok to work for
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 8, 2017
keep up with your occurrences! the company is serious about unplanned situation. they don't care what happened or happens. the work can be over bearing. and the building is always freezing.
Pros
have pot lucks
Cons
the company does not care, they sell you a big dream
Layed back work place with constant ability to learn and grow
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
Covance allows your to work at your own pace as long as the quality of your work is reliable and accurate. The seem to care about the companies image.
Long Hours
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 6, 2017
Work a lot of hours, weekends, holidays. No work life balance. Management keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. The benefits got a lot worse over the last year.
n/a
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 31, 2017
The company is great. What we do each day really helps people each and every day. There are a few company policies that make It difficult sometimes but overall is a great place to work.
Not a great place if you love animals
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 31, 2017
I did not like working here at all, training is horrible and they don't explain about the animals, you find out when you are walking in the halls. Friendly team mates usally
Pros
na
Cons
animal experments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6