Covance Employee Reviews

Very Happy to leave this employer
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 27, 2016
My experience with management is mixed. Many managers are very mean spirited and political. Their main goal is to advance themselves and look down on and take pleasure is mistreating their direct reports. The good managers are intentionally left out of department meetings and information is not shared with them. There are many cases where various managers within Finance dislike each other so much that they don't work together or even talk to each other. Extremely sad place to work. The dynamics are counterproductive to a healthy company and pleasant work environment. Many excellent employees have left as a result.
Pros
Left alone to do my work
Cons
Divided Management, extremely noisy, often bored. education and experience not utilized
Rewarding when helping others.
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2016
Managing multiple calls during the day to help assist patients gain access to medical therapies can be quite rewarding. It can be difficult to socialize with fellow coworkers due to the goals of completed assignments per day. The hardest part of my job at this time is to accept certain inconsistencies, but manage them accordingly in the best interest of the company.
Pros
PTO time is given up front.
Cons
Short breaks
Welcoming and rewarding office environment
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 3, 2016
While working with Covance as a temporary employee, I found the environment to be welcoming. All of the more experienced coworkers were available to lend a hand, and while the material was challenging without a background in medical insurance, it was highly rewarding to be able to help those in need. Management and team leaders were always readily available and friendly.
Good place to enhance skills
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 24, 2016
Covance is an employer that offers multiple opportunities to grow in any business unit that may be appealing to a job seeker. It is very suited for new and young candidates who excel in an ever-changing ever-growing environment, and for those who wish to seek promotion opportunities in short time frames.
Helpful and responsive management and leaders with ability to move upwards into positions you desired
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2016
Typical day was spend half in the lab and half working on two projects with other interns. Learned a lot about the company and was a great learning experience with helpful management and leaders along with way. Great coworker atmosphere as well.
Pros
Culture and Management
Cons
Repetitive work
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20878July 28, 2016
Problems with retention and morale aren’t just issues that confront your human resources officer. They make a measurable affect on your bottom line. The average price to replace an employee, from costs associated with exit interviews, administrative procedures, the interview process and training, is roughly 38 percent of the departed employee’s salary, according to Entrepreneur. Similarly, nationwide about $350 billion in productivity is lost through disengaged employees each year, according to Gallup and cited by Roberts Wesleyan College.
This company is a good company. The employees are horrible, biased undertones in conversation and condescending attitudes.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 13, 2016
The work environment at Covance was straining to my psyche. The training process seemed pointless when inevitably you will have to ask for a refresher of the training context.
Cons
Work environment
Most enjoyable part of the job
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 5, 2016
Many times I get to use my brain and think. UAT, edits, addressing some of the queries that are not correct. I have learned a lot in my positions I have held, and constantly want to learn and take on new challenges and tasks. My typical day is ansering emails, reviewing data, resolving queires, external vendor rec, and SAE rec (once a month)
Pros
Work from home
Cons
it is only contract for now, no benefits, paid vaction or hoildays
Watch out
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
The people are a great bunch, helpful, supervisors one is great , one is ike dead fish ( she needs to get some kind of personality, one is so fake. The rest i didnt have much contact. Any problems u have they call u after u get home, and like i said watch your back , they call you at like 8 at night to tell your let go , no balls to meet with you before you leave for the day, they dont want to let the others know VERY SNEAKY, they make a big deal about money spent on training, but instead of working with you , they just you go. Just a side note to the head of the department. ONE LESS PARKING SPACE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Its in the summary
Overworked and Underpaid
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Don't socialize, don't talk too loud, and your productivity numbers better be optimal or you could lose your job. I've seen too many coworkers terminated for minuscule "offences." Call centers are not a good place to work, and this is definitely a call center environment. You're just a number here.
Pros
If you become permanent, on-sight gym. It's full-time and there are benefits.
Cons
The environment/culture.
Great Company to Start Your Career At
Sr Study Technician, Pathology (Full­Time) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704August 13, 2016
this company is great to start your career at if you're looking to grow somewhere. you career path is entirely up to you and can travel the world and move on to other great things.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Opportunities
Cons
Alot of work, Micro Management, Spread Thin at times
Felt like I was back in High School
Program Specialist Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 27, 2016
I loved my job overall. I loved working with patients and the training aspect of my job. It was when Supervisors are listening and/or contributing to rumor mills that the job became difficult and lost my job. I would suggest not making friends and keeping your head down. Just do your job and go home.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Temp Agents are treated differently
great benefits, awesome perks, while management plays favorites
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2016
great Place to work and advance in the healthcare industry.

Management does not know how to do your specific job they look at numbers all day long.
Pros
great training
Cons
micro management
Really laid back
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2016
Loved working for Covance and the patients they certain made my job even better due to the fact I to love help people. I also loved the hours that I work, only thing is Convance was really far from where I stayed.
Pros
hours and pay
Cons
time on the job
Great Place to Start
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2016
Great to start. Be careful of Management. Lots of nepotism and harassment. If you can find better, get better. Get the skills you need from this company and move along a better path.
benefits
Cons
Poorly paid, office management, office politics
Great Place to work
CLINICAL RESEARCH NURSE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2016
Covance was a great place to work at. The work environment was very good and inviting. Everyone was nice to work with and the training program was superb! I will definitely recommend it to anyone!!
Pros
Work life balance
Love the People
Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2016
As an intern, I got the chance to witness clinical trials in action and learn about the entire process from beginning to end. The management team is fantastic, and the people are just as great.
Pros
Free food all the time, food trucks at the office on Tuesday
Good Job Security / Benefits Average to Below Average
Associate Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2016
The HR department does not generally follow company policies regarding internal job postings, which deters opportunities for lateral moves and advancement.
Pros
HSA and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cons
Only six paid holidays and pay below industry standards
Fast paced company and continuous improvement culture
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2016
The best part of working for Covance was that one never knew exactly what they would be performing at any given time of the day. The systems were complex and multiple platforms of varying degrees of difficulty. The culture was one of continuous growth and improvement.
Productive Work Place
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 9, 2016
A typical day work at Covance contains talking to patients on the phone doing a lot of data entry. Dealing with supervisors on a daily bases, phone training with clients in other states.
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6