Covance Employee Reviews

Really laid back
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2016
Loved working for Covance and the patients they certain made my job even better due to the fact I to love help people. I also loved the hours that I work, only thing is Convance was really far from where I stayed.
Pros
hours and pay
Cons
time on the job
simple work decent pay
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 26, 2016
Over all this is a good company to work for. I have no major complaints about the management, work load or office environment.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
temporay employment
Good place to enhance skills
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 24, 2016
Covance is an employer that offers multiple opportunities to grow in any business unit that may be appealing to a job seeker. It is very suited for new and young candidates who excel in an ever-changing ever-growing environment, and for those who wish to seek promotion opportunities in short time frames.
Great Place to work
CLINICAL RESEARCH NURSE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2016
Covance was a great place to work at. The work environment was very good and inviting. Everyone was nice to work with and the training program was superb! I will definitely recommend it to anyone!!
Pros
Work life balance
Loved it
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 15, 2016
I likews working here, good pay, good benefits, fun staff very helpful, some snakes of course, sadly. Didnt like the crazy hours that we had to work, overall very fulfilling job.
great benefits, awesome perks, while management plays favorites
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2016
great Place to work and advance in the healthcare industry.

Management does not know how to do your specific job they look at numbers all day long.
Pros
great training
Cons
micro management
Productive Work Place
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 9, 2016
A typical day work at Covance contains talking to patients on the phone doing a lot of data entry. Dealing with supervisors on a daily bases, phone training with clients in other states.
Cons
Short Breaks
Welcoming and rewarding office environment
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 3, 2016
While working with Covance as a temporary employee, I found the environment to be welcoming. All of the more experienced coworkers were available to lend a hand, and while the material was challenging without a background in medical insurance, it was highly rewarding to be able to help those in need. Management and team leaders were always readily available and friendly.
Covance is a Great Place to Work
Field Reimbursement Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2016
Covance is a Great Place to Work. Work life balance is wonderful. I would like more opportunities for advancement and to compensated at the industry standard.
Rewarding when helping others.
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2016
Managing multiple calls during the day to help assist patients gain access to medical therapies can be quite rewarding. It can be difficult to socialize with fellow coworkers due to the goals of completed assignments per day. The hardest part of my job at this time is to accept certain inconsistencies, but manage them accordingly in the best interest of the company.
Pros
PTO time is given up front.
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Start
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2016
Great to start. Be careful of Management. Lots of nepotism and harassment. If you can find better, get better. Get the skills you need from this company and move along a better path.
benefits
Cons
Poorly paid, office management, office politics
Love the People
Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2016
As an intern, I got the chance to witness clinical trials in action and learn about the entire process from beginning to end. The management team is fantastic, and the people are just as great.
Pros
Free food all the time, food trucks at the office on Tuesday
This company is a good company. The employees are horrible, biased undertones in conversation and condescending attitudes.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 13, 2016
The work environment at Covance was straining to my psyche. The training process seemed pointless when inevitably you will have to ask for a refresher of the training context.
Cons
Work environment
Good Job
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 9, 2016
Great environment to work in, good managers who help you with issues you may lack in, amazing staff who works together for a common goal, and great training.
Great comapny
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
Great company to work for, awesome benefits, vacation time, great flexibility with schedules. They did not give me a hard time when I had to call out sick
Helpful and responsive management and leaders with ability to move upwards into positions you desired
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2016
Typical day was spend half in the lab and half working on two projects with other interns. Learned a lot about the company and was a great learning experience with helpful management and leaders along with way. Great coworker atmosphere as well.
Pros
Culture and Management
Cons
Repetitive work
Great Company to Start Your Career At
Sr Study Technician, Pathology (Full­Time) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704August 13, 2016
this company is great to start your career at if you're looking to grow somewhere. you career path is entirely up to you and can travel the world and move on to other great things.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Opportunities
Cons
Alot of work, Micro Management, Spread Thin at times
Learn as you go environment with friendly staff.
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work would include dressing business casual or professional, clocking activity during shifts, maintaining calls, uploading and organizing fax documents, while using the Sales Force System. Also, other office type duties were assigned. Growing within the company to a supervisory role is permitted. The mission within my team was to improve patient health. On average, I would receive at least 40 calls per day. Sometimes, that would include making outbound calls and then typing case notes. My department was funded on donations received throughout the year. The compensation is okay ($17.00 hourly), but the greatest reward comes from satisfied patients! Overall, this career is great if you prefer a relaxed environment! My objective while working for Covance was to award grants (donated funding) to patients for medication!
Pros
With the learn as you go experience, can be a relaxed working environment.
Cons
Although training is provided, Supervisors and other staff might not know certain answers for the patients and callers.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20878July 28, 2016
Problems with retention and morale aren’t just issues that confront your human resources officer. They make a measurable affect on your bottom line. The average price to replace an employee, from costs associated with exit interviews, administrative procedures, the interview process and training, is roughly 38 percent of the departed employee’s salary, according to Entrepreneur. Similarly, nationwide about $350 billion in productivity is lost through disengaged employees each year, according to Gallup and cited by Roberts Wesleyan College.
Was a very unrewarding job that was unsatisfying in every facet imaginable
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of collecting samples and scanning them into long term storage drawers. Very mundane, very boring, but absolutely necessary because it is the backbone of their business. I learned how to handle dry ice and liquid nitrogen but that was basically it. Management was pretty disconnected with the lower level employees. In fact when I was let go I was never given a warning or was approached why anyone, I got a call that night after work from the contracting company that got me the job saying I got let go. To me that was a classless move. Most of the coworkers were nice but none of them were too worried about making friends with anyone. The hardest part of the job was not going crazy. It was super boring and not very engaging, I would rather do hard manual labor. The most enjoyable part was the unlimited overtime.
Pros
unlimited overtime, 40 minute paid lunch, flexible hours
Cons
mundane

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6