Covance

Covance Employer Reviews

Casual Environment
Associate Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 17, 2013
While deadlines were always looming, things stayed relatively calm. The hierarchy slowed change by requiring approval far up the line when competent workers could have had it done sooner. Overall, not bad.
Growing Company
Finance Department (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: causal, support management, great people to work with
Cons: advancement, people that a hesitate to change, processes
Growing company with a lot of potential. However, got to always keep management aware of your interest. Some management is unlikely to change perspective.
Great Place to get into Clinical Research
Specialist I, Global Site Services (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Covance is a great place to work to begin your clinical research career and to learn different areas of the industry.
Good life/work balance
Senior Clinical Project Administrator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 13, 2013
I would have stayed had I not decided to move out of state. I loved my manager.
You will have no life.
Study Technician II (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: none.
Over worked and underpaid. The pay would be great if the cost of living in Madison wasnt so high. Co workers were clichy and not easy to get along with. Animals were the best part, always loving (the dogs anyways), Way overworked. Constently worked 50-60 hour weeks, usually the average. too tired to do anything else outside of work. hated working here.
My overall feedback....
Supervisor, Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 26, 2013
Pros: availability to work from home when need be, work life balance, co-workers, culture
Cons: management can sometimes be not involved enough and more guidance is needed in certain areas
My days at Covance are never the same and not typical. I can come in with tasks that need to be tackled, but within an hour or so everything could change, it's just the nature of our business...which I actually like. I like that my days are never the same, to me that's boring. I enjoy a job that stays interesting and challenges me at the same time.

I – more... supervise an amazing group of admins (5) and couldn't ask for a better team - they have learned from my experience and being in the role and that makes being a supervisor very rewarding.

My hardest part of the job is communicating with my supervisor, I feel that she is to busy to lend the support needed to her direct reports and it's not where I need a lot of her time/support, but when it does arise, it would be helpful to know she's available. – less
Productive place to work
Medical Study Assistant (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 1, 2013
Pros: pay not bad
Cons: short breaks and sometimes no breaks when very busy
Very busy at times, great teamwork. Always able to learn new skills.
Management works closely with staff on the floor.
Fun atmosphere, Positive and Friendly Environment
Program Specialist Medical Insurance Researcher (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 9, 2013
Pros: food day team members
Cons: schedules were never the same, employees were always changed to diferent positions in matter of weeks.
A typical day at work is processing applications and making/receiving inbound and outbound calls. Work is basic; phone coverage, processing applications on the computer, calling insurance companies to obtain medical and prescription benefits for patients.
Productive and fast paced environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee), 10300 Campus Point Dr, San Diego, CA 92121May 31, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment
High turnover
Lab Tech (Former Employee), DallasMay 7, 2013
Stressful, chaotic job. Very high turnover. Hard to take lunch break and rarely leave on time.
Great benefits, and good people to work with.
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: flex-time, good benefits
Cons: pay scale not comp to other places.
A typlical day at Covance is very busy, and fast paced. However this helps to keep your day going. Great people to work with, benefits are good, and for the most part a great place to work.
sweathouse job
Specialist 1 (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 11, 2013
No departmental structure set up by management, you learn only from your co-workers how to do the job. Systems are outdated, no support from management for manual processies. Overworked and everything is a manual process.
Lots of Changes
Trainer (Former Employee), Greenfield, INJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not so good culture
Culture of fear. Great co-workers! Too many reorganizations in a short period of time.

Fearfullyfedup – June 17, 2013

Just started a position there as Production Specialist. The Trainers are pushed so hard to do their own work and get new training for themselves that they hardly have time to help the new hires. Co-workers quit every week due to poor training. Most of the people rarely greet you and no one ever smiles nor do they have time. The beginning two week training period consists of someone reading through the entire powerpoints as fast as humanly possible and they don't pass out manuals so that you can follow along until the group training has ended. You are not allowed to bring home the training material so whatever you miss from falling asleep from sheer bordeom will not easily be caught up on. The training computers kept messing up and if someone got lost there was no one to help them get back on track without stopping the entire groups training and being fearful that might be to their demise. Very disorganized training! We were told that only 5 people were left out of the last combined group of 50. As soon as we got on the floor we started seeing the emails come through stating that peoples assignments had ended. Everyone lives in a state of fear not knowing if they are the next to be cut. Would not recommend this job unless you have years of experience with insurance benefit Investigation.

Good career starting company
Financial Auditor, Internal Audit, Corporate (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 20, 2013
The company has provided me with a vast array of experiences in which I have gained several very valuable transferrable skills. This is a fast paced company in which things are constantly changing. The people at this company are great to work along side and there is a real focus placed on work life balance here at this company.
Don't expect to go anywhere or be recognized.
research assistant (Current Employee), greenfieldDecember 7, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: overworked and expected to do more, horrible management
in the middle of what you are trying to accomplish you get delegated to do supervisors work also. They do not care if you have a life outside of work. you live here. uppers read emails to other coworkers and if they don't like something you said you get blindsided by the manager.
Horrible company, no job security. Mangement if completely incompentent
Global NSA Associate Director (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 21, 2012
Work at Covance for 3 years and got out just in time. The Early Development business is in a steep decline and Management is completely clueless of how to reverse trend. Worst company I have ever worked for and would not recommend it to anyone.
Not so great pay, not for longevity
Clinical Research Assistant (In-House CRA) (Current Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 14, 2012
Pros: good for beginners, great culture and values, great place to learn how a cro really works
Cons: management is awful, pay is terrible, advancement is almost non-existent even for the hard working
Covance is a good company to learn the ins and outs of a CRO. If you're new to the industry, it's a good place to start as they are willing to give new hires a shot. The work is very fast paced and is heavily scrutinized... but that's because it is a CRO.

The pay is not great - on the lower end of the typical pay for the industry. Advancement is based – more... on how well you're liked -- but that doesn't matter because the advancement pay is awful.

The environment is more for the young and social -- not geared toward those who are truly career-minded who drive for advancement and success. – less
Only work here if you need the money and it is your last resort.
Research Tech (Former Employee), Evansville, In.October 21, 2012
Cons: almost everyday i never got a lunch, worked over 8 hours each day, never had a schedule of work hours until usually the day before and then it would change.
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. There was totally no structure, poor managers, no training process for new employees. If you are looking for a life balance job, do not work here. This job will be your life. Management is grandfathered in and most of them have minimal college degrees to be in a management position. 90% of them do not – more... need to be a manager. – less
Easy work. Terrible management
Research Nurse (Current Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks. awful supervisors. long swing shift hours.
Easy work. Wonderful co workers. Very unfair management and supervisors. Terrible shift schedulers. Long hours. No breaks. Supervisors pick favorites and are very negative toward staff. Great benefits but terrible place to work.
Love the job itself
Research Technician (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: benefits, pto
Cons: sometimes no breaks and unfairness on the job
The work is fine no problem, long hours, up and down shifts, scheduling does not work around your schedule. CO workers are the best, helpful really a team. Management is okay. Typical day at work is standing on your feet for hours, double booked on rounds, lots of paperwork.

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more