Covance

Covance United States Employee Reviews

Insurance-related Call Center
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 1, 2014
Low paying very demanding work. Not really interesting work. No room for intellectual/professional growth. Salary too low, intense, very repetitive work.
Helping patients
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee), Greenfield, INApril 30, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: not any room for advancement
A typical day at work consists of assisting patients find the best solution to help them pay for a much need drug to relieve them of pain that endure on a daily basis.
Management unable to handle the wokflow and the amount of people working for them
Program specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: early start time.
Cons: mis management
While the job itself could be very satisfying as we were helping people obtain medication they previously could not afford, the management could not handle the stress of maintaining the number of benefit investigations needed to be done daily. That stress was relayed to the workforce. Moral was never very high due to this fact. however, the days would go by quickly as we were on the phone and busy so often we hardly knew where the time had gone. I especially enjoyed being able to begin my day at 6am and sometimes earlier.
Professional and friendly Office
Program Specialist (Case Manager) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: potlucks for eveything
Cons: temporary assignments
They are very understanding when it comes to work schedules. Management is always to show you new procedures and they give very good feedback on how to improve your work. My co-workers were the best people to work with.
sucks the life out of you
Manager Project Integration (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 17, 2014
Cons: poor training, no management support
I have never experienced such an environment in my 17 year career
Learned new and exciting skills
Clinical Data Coordinator I (Former Employee), Radnor, PAApril 8, 2014
Pros: was always learning new applications and policies within the pharmaceutical industries
Cons: workload was increased after a surprised lay-off session
• Reviewed and implemented SOPs and SSPs (Study Specific Procedures) using various information systems including web tracking, inventory, Query, IVRS, Oracle Clinical and CRFXpress
• Examined and updated client’s primary database, worked with client on design and execution activities including trial set-up, query generation/resolution, data coding and issues
• Assisted with quality control audits and research
• Wrote data for test scripts to conduct systems validations for study start-up
Poor management
Study Technician (Current Employee), Greenfield, INMarch 24, 2014
Great entry level job, but when wanting to further career- this site has a hard time advancing individuals.
Doesn't provide resources in a timeley manner to produce efficient work outcomes.
Contract Program Specialist (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: no benefits, inefficient trainings and policies
A typical day at work consisted of taking inbound calls and making outbound calls to patients and insurance companies. I have learned how to manage difficult callers over the phone in a professional and compassionate manner. I managed my time by prioritizing my workload for the day. I was also able to assist the Special Exceptions team put together reports for patients that required an exception to the drug assistance program's eligibility guidelines that were sent to the manufacturer for review.
The Sedona Group Contract
RVII/ IVR researcher (Former Employee), Greenfield, INFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay was ok
Cons: short assignment, no guarantee for perm position....unorganized
I did not enjoy working for this company....
unorganized, to many changes in the day
never consistent with the assignments of the job
they practice age discrimination and prefer to hire non US workers
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: unprofessional management
Worked there as a contractor. Underpaid, only given negative feedback. Five contractors were up for perm hire, the only one not hired was the US citizen, over 50 who had more education and experience. Mangement played big time favoritism.
Ex: told that I must commute to work no matter how bad the road conditions are. I replied that ther are state laws that proclaim during inclement weather they can't force an employee to drive to work.
Ex: other contractors were allowed to work from home. My manager said not to worry about what other employees do and refused to let me work from home. The person also made a comment about taking time off for a family emergency.
Completed my contract and was rehired 6 months later for a year long contracting position. Three days before my start date I was told by ***** that my project was canceled. I later found out through another contractor who was hired for the same project that the manager who told me I had to commute through bad weather came forward and disparaged my reputation and thus prevented me from working at Covance.
Innovative and always looking for a chance to have a potluck
Program Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day is that I walk in and greet everyone. I turn on the computer and start taking calls. I have learned a lot. Some good which I intend to use in my next job and some bad which I no longer practice. My co-workers were always helpful. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to help a client due to program restrictions.
Great people, great work, great opportunities!
Field Market Access Assocaite (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: culture is great. room for advancement and they will listen to your thoughts and ideas.
Cons: pay your employees the industry standard.
Covance has some of the greatest people to work with! They are very caring, compassionate and care about their employees well being.
Ok
Clinical Project Administrator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 23, 2014
There are lots of opportunities here if and only if you know the right people. Friends of managers are promoted and not the best qualified for the position. Benefits are not competitive at all. Company seems to underbid jobs just to win the bid then work employees to death while yelling at them for using too much billable time. Horrible employee turnover rate.
Interesting work...terrible management
Live Phase research (Former Employee), GreenfieldJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: compensation, fast paced
Cons: management, no room for advancement
Very interesting work, however like stated before, unless you are a yes man that does not think for themselves, you will not advance in the company nor will management reward you for your efforts. Toxicology has the same management as before the plant site acquisition in 2008 and the cliques of leaders along with the 'quantity of quality" motto ends up creating a workplace high in drama and employee confrontation.
Fun and exciting work but a poor work environment.
Lab animal technician (Former Employee), GreenfieldJanuary 6, 2014
I loved the work but employees are overworked and unappreciated.
Project Manager Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no set polices, all to the managments desretion
Great place to work with advancement opportunity's. benefits are great and there is always room to learn.
Fun workplace and productive.
Program Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 20, 2013
Pros: overtime, healthcare, gym
Cons: short lunches, timed breaks.
Covance was a straight forward job, data entry, verifying insurances and some ICD-9 coding which I did enjoy because it was never a dull moment. I learned how to type faster and how to ask the right questions for verification and how to ask for help when I needed it. Management jumped in to help when we needed it and never complained and still made their employees feel appreciated. My co-workers and I still keep in touch and always helped when they needed to get our job done. The hardest part of the job was making sure other employees were doing their part so we can all work as a team. My most enjoyable part of the job was being able to give my opinion and it being accepted.
Great place to work, with semi flexible schedule
Medical Insurance Investigator (Former Employee), La Jolla CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: lunch sites on campus or very close. early morning shifts. pay was good.
Cons: training wasn't very organized.
Covance was a great place to work. The staff was friendly and hardworking.
very busy place to work. plenty of overtime
Animal technician- Supervisor Chad Lasco (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 13, 2013
working at covance can be challenging sometime do to heavy work load
Good Company
Program Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2013
A good company however there are other better and better paying jobs.

About Covance

Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services – Read more

Covance Salaries