Covenant Care Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Caring, Productive, working with terminally ill
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 1, 2017
It was an amazing and rewarding experience for me on a typical day to work with the nurses and doctors, doing vital, medical reports, families, but specially knowing that I could make a difference on taking care on the last days of their love ones.
Productive and very rewarding place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City beach FloridaJuly 20, 2017
Clinical manager went above and beyond to help with anything that I needed. She was an excellent mentor an d was always helpful with any questions I may have had.
Pros
Great job experience.
Cons
Emotional attachment.
Please do your homework before working for this company
Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 13, 2017
Prior to working for this company I heard that it was a great company to work for and the best interest of the community was obvious, well the culture has changed a great deal, employees are over worked and patients are suffering because of it, Management is all about making top dollar by any means necessary. The communication is horrible from management down and if you are not in the click or look a certain way! you can kiss your job good-bye. Hospice is a industry that requires compassion and love to patients and families at a very sad time in there lives so how can a company like this provide that? Again research before working for this company I'm looking.
Pros
Great volunteers
Cons
Management, Management, Management
Current Employee (Former Employee) –  ALMay 19, 2017
Good place to work, my supervisor is a great leader. Staff and volunteers truly care for the patients and making a difference. Lots of staff have transitioned away making the team not as strong as it was in the past.
Pros
Great co-workers, love my supervisor
Cons
Lots of Computer issues and constant change
Amazing company, great staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 13, 2017
Best place I have ever worked. Caring and compassionate nurses and supportive administrative staff.The entire staff is helpful, patient, and kind when training. The environment is friendly
Loved It
Continuous Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 30, 2016
I loved working with Covenant Care. At the time though I was having to commute at least 2 hours one way to work and working 12 hour shifts, then driving home again 2 hours all to do it again the next day. I loved the atmosphere, people, and work load, I just needed to have a job that was closer to home so that I could enjoy life with my family. The hardest part of the job was having to drive so long to get to where I would be working for that day, then driving back. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I touched so many lives and how that made me feel at the end of the day.
Great mission, but company isn't very stable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32504August 28, 2016
First, the prior CEO upon retirement made $750,000 a year. This is for a local not for profit! While he made so much, budget cuts caused good workers to be let go, to save money. The COO made $500,00 a year. Employees were not aware unless they checked company financials. My overall experience with Covenant was positive. My department head went from friendly to just mean and had her close friends instead of being fair to all. Covenant yearly did an employee survey and took the results to heart. Committees were formed to make improvements. Some of the activities seemed to be excessive cost wise. Raises were decreased over time.
Pros
Great mission, mostly a friendly environment
Cons
Management was overpaid while staff was let go
This was a volunteer opportunity that i participated in.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 18, 2016
I shadow someone for about 2 months to see what it was like to be in the work field once i was able to star working . i was around the age of 14 this really helped me developed my people skills and become customer service oriented.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short volunteer
flexible
Registered Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 4, 2016
Love providing care to the Pt's and their families during the last days and hours of life. Under new management focus has gotten away from the Pt's and more on making money.
Not a good place at all right now
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 24, 2016
The upper management is cut throat and money hungry. They cut jobs to rent fleet cars for select people. Its a "my way or highway" mentality. The on call staff covers 200+ patients with 1 nurse and uses the case managers for backup. They hold everyone to the "standards of work but don't have the employees to make it work. The Regional Director is nasty to everybody and has people written up constantly. They are forcing salaried RN Case Managers to work on the weekends. We have been told to sign up and work or it can mean your job. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!
Pros
helping people in final stages of life
Cons
upper management, middle management, clinical manager plays favorites
Run!
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2016
The company is in the process of "expanding" and it is a CLUSTER right now. Patients and staff are on the back burner to the corporate agenda. Staff is burnt out. Middle management is scared for their jobs. A case management caseload consisting of 18-20 patients and a directive defining that 5 patients must be seen per day. Oh and add in being on call one night per week, yep its sad. This used to be a great place to work but now it's mass exodus. They took an extremely rewarding job and made it drudgery. Many staff looking for jobs after being there 10-15 years! I would caution anyone dependent on a paycheck to stay away right now. Sorry.
Official response from Covenant Care
June 22, 2016

Covenant Care values input from our employees and volunteers in making and refining ongoing process and workflow improvements. In the past 6 months, over 50 team members have been directly involved in workgroup decisions that will transform the way we provide care allowing us to consistently deliver the best possible experience for all of our patients and their families. At Covenant, we encourage transparent communication through regular and timely communications and scheduled town hall meetings in which our team members and leaders meet to share information, listen to concerns, and respond to questions which allow us to make Covenant a better place for staff to work and for patients and families to receive care. If you would like to discuss concerns, ask questions, or make suggestions, please visit www.choosecovenant.org to complete the “Contact Us Form”. We are looking forward to the opportunity!

I am currently volunteer. Everyone is friendly and fun to work with
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 2, 2016
The Staff teaches me so much. When I first came to this company, I didn't know how to file medical records, locate files in the computer,scan hospice aid notes, and answer the phone
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Great team of professionals who provide wonderful end-of-life care. The staff on my team were very welcoming and cared a great deal about each other. Most importantly, these folks were so driven to care for their patients and went above and beyond to bring peace to difficult situations. They are some of the most compassionate people I have ever met.
High Standards of Performance Excellence
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 23, 2015
Hospice work is rewarding and honorable. Working @ Covenant has always provided constant teaching tools and adequate support from team members. It is difficult to maintain focus on family as a major asset in the care of the patient. I was a proud team member, but now Management has changed in the past few years and it is now more difficult to continue to be proud of my workplace.
Pros
Support from co-workers, Education modules constantly improving
Cons
Constant changes in upper management, new policies and procedures arise at any moment.
Wonderful business
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2015
Covenant makes sure to take care of anyone that walks through their doors, employees included. The environment is compassionate to it's patients, families, friends and workers.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
End of Life Services
job security
ha (Former Employee) –  hahaOctober 8, 2015
Training absent or near absent, scattered, left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Job culture, well lets just say it's a closed minded group of people clinging on to the "old" ways of doing things. Only prefers "yes" people. Strong personality types need not apply. They do not work with handicapped at all. I cannot think of one enjoyable moment with this company, other than the "few" coworkers it was a pleasure to be around. Not a company for the employee. They don't care about the employee at all, unless you're saying "yes". No means goodbye.
Pros
some enjoyable coworkers
Cons
Too many "bosses", inadequate training
Great place to work until new CEO come to town. He and other "new Managers" have no clue what goes on in the field
Lpn (Former Employee) –  MariannaSeptember 23, 2015
New management focus on money making end and have taken focus away from patients and their families. Not to mention several changes with continuous care program that has more than 1/2 the continuous care staff actively seeking other employment.
Pros
great coworkers!!
Cons
Upper Management
Nice place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FLAugust 5, 2015
Was a nice place to work until a huge cut across the board until a bunch of jobs were cut which made a drastic change which affect morale but a lot was due to the medicare changes. The patients and families generally were very nice and appreciative to the staff for the care the loved ones received while they were dying
Daily activities
Interdisciplinary Group Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 9, 2015
During facility and home visits, conducted holistic assessments of patients and family members to identify immediate needs/concerns. collaborated with interdisciplinary staff members and other resources needed to provide care for the patient and family. Completed all documentation through electronic medical records.
Pros
Fulfillment
Poor Management and Communication
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff and representing the company. I am concerned about the “new” management team. They do not value the employees and place profits before creating positive work environment. If direct managers advocate for the best interest of the employees; these managers are classified as ineffective managers and not team players. If you are currently working, you should seriously think before leave a secure job for an unstable work environment.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Ceo, Cfo, senior leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Care. Our community is ready to answer.