Covenant Care Employee Reviews in United States

This was a volunteer opportunity that i participated in.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 18, 2016
I shadow someone for about 2 months to see what it was like to be in the work field once i was able to star working . i was around the age of 14 this really helped me developed my people skills and become customer service oriented.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short volunteer
flexible
Registered Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 4, 2016
Love providing care to the Pt's and their families during the last days and hours of life. Under new management focus has gotten away from the Pt's and more on making money.
Not a good place at all right now
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 24, 2016
The upper management is cut throat and money hungry. They cut jobs to rent fleet cars for select people. Its a "my way or highway" mentality. The on call staff covers 200+ patients with 1 nurse and uses the case managers for backup. They hold everyone to the "standards of work but don't have the employees to make it work. The Regional Director is nasty to everybody and has people written up constantly. They are forcing salaried RN Case Managers to work on the weekends. We have been told to sign up and work or it can mean your job. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!
Pros
helping people in final stages of life
Cons
upper management, middle management, clinical manager plays favorites
Run!
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2016
The company is in the process of "expanding" and it is a CLUSTER right now. Patients and staff are on the back burner to the corporate agenda. Staff is burnt out. Middle management is scared for their jobs. A case management caseload consisting of 18-20 patients and a directive defining that 5 patients must be seen per day. Oh and add in being on call one night per week, yep its sad. This used to be a great place to work but now it's mass exodus. They took an extremely rewarding job and made it drudgery. Many staff looking for jobs after being there 10-15 years! I would caution anyone dependent on a paycheck to stay away right now. Sorry.

Comment – June 22, 2016

Covenant Care values input from our employees and volunteers in making and refining ongoing process and workflow improvements. In the past 6 months, over 50 team members have been directly involved in workgroup decisions that will transform the way we provide care allowing us to consistently deliver the best possible experience for all of our patients and their families. At Covenant, we encourage transparent communication through regular and timely communications and scheduled town hall meetings in which our team members and leaders meet to share information, listen to concerns, and respond to questions which allow us to make Covenant a better place for staff to work and for patients and families to receive care. If you would like to discuss concerns, ask questions, or make suggestions, please visit www.choosecovenant.org to complete the “Contact Us Form”. We are looking forward to the opportunity!

I am currently volunteer. Everyone is friendly and fun to work with
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 2, 2016
The Staff teaches me so much. When I first came to this company, I didn't know how to file medical records, locate files in the computer,scan hospice aid notes, and answer the phone
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Great team of professionals who provide wonderful end-of-life care. The staff on my team were very welcoming and cared a great deal about each other. Most importantly, these folks were so driven to care for their patients and went above and beyond to bring peace to difficult situations. They are some of the most compassionate people I have ever met.
High Standards of Performance Excellence
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 23, 2015
Hospice work is rewarding and honorable. Working @ Covenant has always provided constant teaching tools and adequate support from team members. It is difficult to maintain focus on family as a major asset in the care of the patient. I was a proud team member, but now Management has changed in the past few years and it is now more difficult to continue to be proud of my workplace.
Pros
Support from co-workers, Education modules constantly improving
Cons
Constant changes in upper management, new policies and procedures arise at any moment.
Wonderful business
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2015
Covenant makes sure to take care of anyone that walks through their doors, employees included. The environment is compassionate to it's patients, families, friends and workers.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
End of Life Services
job security
ha (Former Employee) –  hahaOctober 8, 2015
Training absent or near absent, scattered, left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Job culture, well lets just say it's a closed minded group of people clinging on to the "old" ways of doing things. Only prefers "yes" people. Strong personality types need not apply. They do not work with handicapped at all. I cannot think of one enjoyable moment with this company, other than the "few" coworkers it was a pleasure to be around. Not a company for the employee. They don't care about the employee at all, unless you're saying "yes". No means goodbye.
Pros
some enjoyable coworkers
Cons
Too many "bosses", inadequate training
Great place to work until new CEO come to town. He and other "new Managers" have no clue what goes on in the field
Lpn (Former Employee) –  MariannaSeptember 23, 2015
New management focus on money making end and have taken focus away from patients and their families. Not to mention several changes with continuous care program that has more than 1/2 the continuous care staff actively seeking other employment.
Pros
great coworkers!!
Cons
Upper Management
Nice place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FLAugust 5, 2015
Was a nice place to work until a huge cut across the board until a bunch of jobs were cut which made a drastic change which affect morale but a lot was due to the medicare changes. The patients and families generally were very nice and appreciative to the staff for the care the loved ones received while they were dying
Daily activities
Interdisciplinary Group Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 9, 2015
During facility and home visits, conducted holistic assessments of patients and family members to identify immediate needs/concerns. collaborated with interdisciplinary staff members and other resources needed to provide care for the patient and family. Completed all documentation through electronic medical records.
Pros
Fulfillment
Poor Management and Communication
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff and representing the company. I am concerned about the “new” management team. They do not value the employees and place profits before creating positive work environment. If direct managers advocate for the best interest of the employees; these managers are classified as ineffective managers and not team players. If you are currently working, you should seriously think before leave a secure job for an unstable work environment.
Pros
Employees
Cons
CEO, CFO, senior leaders
mangement turnover
Case Manger. (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 1, 2015
I like Covenant, the only reason I left was inconsistent Management, I had a manager that saw demons and would go into rooms and sprinkle holy water ,and started praying out loud. She once saw a Demon in me, Due to the constant turn over of higher management , It was easier to change jobs that to try to get changes made, I heard she was finally let go a year later. The hours were long and salaried.60-70 a week Benefits poor, yet The staff were great, always helping and a comradeship between all of the RNs and HHAs, was unsurpassed. There is no comp time, so no way to recover the 10-30 hours overtime each week.
Pros
friendly staff, super resources
Cons
salaried 60-70 hours weekly, no comp time, mangement turnover
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMarch 22, 2015
I was taught how the last days of your life are about keeping our patients as comfortable as possible and anything i could do to help with that while patients were on Hospice was the most rewarding. I did the business part of the job but just knowing I could help in a very small way the most rewarding.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
saddened when patients pass away
Mostly Good experience
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  DothanMarch 10, 2015
Enjoyed my experience with the company, as with most things its your own outlook and attitude that makes the experience more valid and personally fulfilling. Allot of overhead and top heavy management that pulls resources from the field where the real care and resources come from. It it had not been for the reduction of staff I would still be enjoying the opportunity to care for those in need.
Pros
a opportunity to care everyday for someone.
Cons
more focus on providing an atmosphere of teamwork needed, and directed on day to day basis. allot of dissatisfaction in the team that was manageable, but often overlooked . corporate as with most companies lost focus of what hospice was really about.
Good Experience
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Come in to work, work the referral reports. Contact insurance companies to get authorization if needed for Hospice Care. Verify coverage. Afternoon, contact case managers get authorization extended if needed. Send in medical records.
Whenever new referrals come through, verify insurance which I love.
Pros
verifying coverage which i love the best part of my job
Rewarding job with excellent co workers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Marianna FLJanuary 26, 2015
Hospice RN; Very rewarding experience working with patients and families. Company is family oriented and willing to go extra mile to ensure fairness.
Stars above aren't working. One if not the best job I ever had.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Great company, great people. Pay could have been better, but the culture and atmosphere made it a worth staying with and the mission was unsurpassed. The challenge were the changes Medicare and other Federal policies kept forcing on us, but the job was being able to make a difference in people's lives. We became a team to make other people's lives better and deal with the end of life and losing loved ones.
Pros
the teamwork
Cons
changing policies.
Great Employers
Volunteer Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 28, 2014
The workers at Covenant really care about what they do and are committed to their patients.