Covenant Care Employee Reviews in United States

Very un moralistic???
sales manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 19, 2016
Seriously? How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when your understanding of the English language is so poor.
Quit trying to sound so intelligent when you aren't.

This is a good company with problems like all companies have. If you think that working in the Healthcare industry is going to be perfect then you are terribly mistaken.

Covenant Care has a terrific image and they do their best to accommodate all.
Cons
Horrible place to work at
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 1, 2016
This is the most disorganized place I have ever worked at. I lasted for about 4 hours. The place was dirty. Nobody there seemed to know what they were doing. I am not new to health care. I have been in this field for over 20 years. This was a terrible experience. They even tried to not pay me for my first and only day. It took almost 7 weeks to get a check
Pros
Cons
too many to count
Very un moralistic environment
Environmental Services Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 14, 2016
This company is in serious danger of the state and even federal personal stepping in. The nursing neglects and is truly inhumane to the residents. There is not anything that is comfortable or law abiding about working there or being there. I will not be around this
Covanant Care
Elevate Home Heath I Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 7, 2016
Great place to work. Great people as well. Everyone was nice and helpful and loved their jobs. The environment was fun and the work purpose was meaningful.
A company that is ahead of the curve when it comes to delivering excellent sklled care.
Director of Post-Acute Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego CountyAugust 24, 2015
Diverse company with great opportunities.

Allows for autonomy and growth. Synergy is critical when delivering a great product during this challenging time in our healthcare market.
Clean environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 20, 2015
Covenant was a nice place to work. It is a nicely kept place with lots of loving people. I have come to the conclusion that I am not the right person for this job. The hardest part of my job is having to put up with abusive residents, and clean up after them.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
short staffed
Fun, interactive job.
Aide (Current Employee) –  Salem, MOMay 13, 2015
We have fun when im at work. We have movie nights and finish our chores. We sit outside and watch the traffic and the birds. Sometimes we go to WalMart or the Dollar Store. The hardest part of the job is when we are trying something new and ONE person doesnt stick with it then it messes up the whole plan. The most enjoyable part is when i arrive and my clients get to tell me about their day and how much fun they had.
Pros
Communication, activites, outside time
Cons
Up all night
Eye opening
L1MA/Aide (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOSeptember 16, 2015
You get to know your consumers and realize that your life isn't so bad. It's an eye opening experience to work for this company and it's a pleasure helping others in need.
Ethics of the company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  FT. WayneApril 9, 2015
Covenant Care does not put into practice the Core Values, Mission
Statement, and Vision. They are a self-serving company and play staff as mere puppets in their company. There is no loyalty. I would never work for this company again nor would I recommend Covenant Care to any potential employees.
Pros
Cons
Not an ethical company
Great company
Project Coordinator/ Lead Healthcare Analyst (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 8, 2015
Great company to work for, train employees, challenge them to their best ability. Promethean is located in Georgia and is one on the best educational companies to work for.
Fun working with others who care.
Administrative Assistant / Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  O Fallon, ILJuly 22, 2013
From making schedules,training new employee's, help assist wit care of patients my day was fast paced and fun working with other who loved caring for others. The hardest part about this job was losing a patient that i had got attached to and the most enjoyable prt was seeing a patient go home once proper care had bee given.
Pros
free lunches and power hour of no work if i met all goals for the month
Cons
company went out of businesss
Just like being at home with familly!
Care Manger (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 17, 2012
day at work was like waking up your parents and grandparents preparing them for the day, with breakfast , bathes, dressed making morning a happy time reading the paper to the resident who couldnt. I learned love and compassion more than you can imagine. In hospice learning how caring the end of life and amazing can be. Kindess,Hard goodbyes and being a part of the whole family of non relatives can be a real family setting fulfilling
Direct business oriented organization.
Secretary/Biller (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CaliforniaFebruary 29, 2012
This company provided home care services to individuals in need of medical follow up in the home as well as physical therapy, occupational therapy and private duty services. This company was a great organization to the clients served with skilled and professional services.
Hardest job you'll ever love.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ILMarch 18, 2013
My day starts with getting a report as to what happend on the previous shift.Behavious, attitudes, etc. I fill up the linen cart and pass ice. Then its showers and dinner. With 10 residents it keeps very busy. Constantly on the go. I learn something new every day.Management knows our job description but doesn't understand the full impact of the emotional and physical aspects of the job. Keeping cna.s is difficult. They have a high turnover. Its rare to see someone last for 6 months. The hardest part of the job is growing emotionally attached to the residents and them watching them pass. The most enjoyable is the Residents. You grow to love them. Know them. Do special things for them. Such as bringing them in a Big Mac, etc. I am most certainly a team player. Working together with my co-workers is sometimes the only way to survive a shift. Especially when your working short.
Pros
free pizza once in awhile.
Cons
the facility has been on a raise freeze for three years!
Newly organized home health agency in Hampton Roads with patient centered focus!
C.N.A. (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 16, 2012
I go from house to house and deliver patient care. It's flexible at times. And also get to work with different people.
Pros
managing staff is great
Cons
not enough local cases
Busy and Fun work place
Receptionist/AP (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJune 3, 2014
On my typical work day I would Consist of answering the phones, checking resident funds, and doing A/P, then helping the Business Office Manager.
supportive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 17, 2014
I am a volunteer there, so cannot speak about the typical work day. What I can say is that people are very nice there.
Good company, Great quality care for the residents.
ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CANovember 18, 2013
Good company, Great quality care for the residents. Well Organized and happy residents.
Working for the residents was wonderful, but the management there wasn't clued into what was best for them.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2013
This facitily consisted of 80% of residents with MS and the other 20% convelescent care. It was my first time working with MS patients, and was enjoyable because of their high congnitive function, yet sad because their bodies wouldn't work anymore.

My day at work revolved around tending to my residents needs, giving their medications, contacting doctors, changing dressings on wounds, or just sitting with them to give them a listening ear, or a hug.

Management went though a lot of changes, and became very crazy to have a continuity of care for the residents, nurses fresh out of school were making $3/hour more than nurses with years of experience, and who had been with the company for years. Wage freeze kept employees from getting any kind of raises. This by far made it the hardest part of the job.

My co-workers (nursing assistants) were top notch employees, they went above and beyond what was required for them to do. Working with them and with the residents is what my my job enjoyable.
Pros
getting paid to go on field trips with residents, be it to the movies, or an indians game.
Cons
high turn over rate of management.
remote work
Developer/ Sr. Business Analyst/ ETL Architect (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 21, 2013
Good environment for DataStage Developers working remotely.