Working for the residents was wonderful, but the management there wasn't clued into what was best for them.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) – Cleveland, OH – April 15, 2013
This facitily consisted of 80% of residents with MS and the other 20% convelescent care. It was my first time working with MS patients, and was enjoyable because of their high congnitive function, yet sad because their bodies wouldn't work anymore.
My day at work revolved around tending to my residents needs, giving their medications, contacting doctors, changing dressings on wounds, or just sitting with them to give them a listening ear, or a hug.
Management went though a lot of changes, and became very crazy to have a continuity of care for the residents, nurses fresh out of school were making $3/hour more than nurses with years of experience, and who had been with the company for years. Wage freeze kept employees from getting any kind of raises. This by far made it the hardest part of the job.
My co-workers (nursing assistants) were top notch employees, they went above and beyond what was required for them to do. Working with them and with the residents is what my my job enjoyable.
getting paid to go on field trips with residents, be it to the movies, or an indians game.
high turn over rate of management.