Covenant Care Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
STNA (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHNovember 21, 2017
Do not apply here. Port clinton, Ohio. New management took over and they are horrible, young and immature. Work is hectic. Management thinks coming to work is a fun game. Who chomps on gum during an interview? This management does. You only get 8 hours of holiday pay whether you work or not. Benefits are bad. And pay is below average. Most of the workers are in a click. If your not in then they will not help you.
Pros
The residents and some staff
Cons
Holiday pay, wages, benefits, management l, clicky
Overall
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 25, 2017
I'm being treated well. No room for advancement. My typical day is comparable to any other SNF in the area. No complaints. this is the best place I have worked in this field. If I leave, it would not be to go to another SNF, but to get into a completely different field.
Stressful and a hostile environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 9, 2017
The Administrator listens to a handful of people who she favors. Group meetings were attacks on individuals. This is not a healthy work environment. This behavior is driven by the Administrator who has been there for 2 years. Managers are guarded and fearful of one another. Staff is afraid of retaliation and they don't honestly share the real problems because it continues to be ignored. Negative work culture that will continue to breed negative health and customer service outcomes.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
This place is
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 9, 2017
I like working here. I worked a steady rotation. But the resident that I took care of never changed, and that got old. And I felt like I was on a coveyer belt. Different day,same routine, got old real quick
Staffing issues
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAAugust 26, 2017
People had good intentions but if you don't show up for work there should be consequences there are none here, so everyone does what they want because they will never be fired. Management made fun of a patient in a mandatory meeting. Which taught people to be more disrespectful of fellow employees and patients. Very sad working environment. Nurses competing and trying to keep each other down. Long long hours asked every day off.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Long days
wasn't the worst
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2017
HR is what ruined that job. They have no clue what it is like to take care of hospice patients. They should have to do the job before they can judge the hospice nurse.
Pros
flexible
Cons
HR meddles to much
Mission is great, treatment of staff is not
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 21, 2017
Too many hours, high case loads, very little recognition. Poor management, not trained for management roles in some areas, even in office roles. No one is valued for what they do unless tied directly to top management.
Pros
Mission and caring for patients
Cons
Poor management, no recognition
Terrible place to work. Don't even apply.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2017
I would not recommend any one to work here. Management turn over with lots of lazy workers. Toxic work atmosphere. Employees outside smoking a lots.
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Poor management, poor communication, poor resident care
Enoyed my 14 years at Covenant....until the last 6 months
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 16, 2017
Overall a great job...enjoyed co-workers and felt I contributed to this company's success. Management was on a road that I felt I did not want to be a part of.
Supportive, supervisor
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2017
Organized my day at the office, scheduled patients based on acuity of care, patient visits, teachings and support to family's and patients. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was my supportive coworkers, and the ability to help patients and family's get through some of the most difficult times in their lives.
Pros
excellent supervisor
Cons
too much turnover

Want to know more about Covenant Care?

Ask a question
In and Out
Sr. Business Analyst/ ETL Architect (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2017
Changing software design, need better understanding of ETL design and functionality using HL7 data from Vendor for real time updates and business reporting.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Poorly managed
Covenant Care
Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2017
A nice place to work. The staff are helpful and friendly to the residents and their families. The main objective is that each resident receives good care.
Vitas at Pensacola Fl
nursing (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 4, 2017
The management staff at the Pensacola Florida office is horrible. They choose which of the standards they want to follow. Management yells at staff, make promises they don't keep. Poor communication with staff and patient families. This office does pain management and not pain prevention for end of life patients. Poor orientation process, thrown into field with no support. They are a for profit company so the bottom line is what is important. Management has no actual hands on patient care knowledge. Management doesn't assist staff either in the office or in the field. Very unrealistic expectations with staff. Large staff turn over.
Pros
Caring for patients and families
Cons
Office Management, Poor staffing, No applicants for staff, Large staff turn over.
Steer clear
Non management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 17, 2017
Management makes great money and and work very little... Favoritism big time! They don't appreciate goid help. There is a reason this place needs all new staff. Search openings....all the way up to the administrator!!!
Woudn't recommend
RN (Former Employee) –  Carlinville, ILJune 15, 2017
You are the only nurse working, small facility, little resources. No way to advance. Constantly changing management. Staff calls off a lot. Always have issues with pharmacy and getting supplies.
good place to work,
RN Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2017
during my time at covenant I learned a lot. I learned how to manage a branch. worked with patients, families and other members of the team. The most enjoyable part of my job was the team I'm worked with and the patients and families. They made the job all worth it.
Pros
pto, benefits, flexibility
Not team oriented
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2017
Poor communication and management - lack of planning and organization. Poor morale and training. Specifically nebraska facility- lots of turn over-
Fun
Volunteer and Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2017
This was a fun place to work. We worked well as a team. There is a lot of flexibility. It was fun getting out in the community and networking. I enjoyed creating events for our patients and families--especially when they are faced with such difficult challenges.
Casual workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOApril 5, 2017
Covenant Care is a small company that provide services for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. There is no typical day - as with most social services jobs, your day varies according to your client's needs.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
crazy scheduling
Covenant Care is one of a good facility i have worked, they put residents and workers first ..
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 29, 2017
Place like home, caring for residents as a family member typically shown by the residents through words of appreciation.
Team spirit and professional aspiring.
Accord respect to everyone no one is left behind.
Pros
Don't come late every minutes counts
Cons
potlucks;

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9