Covenant Care

Covenant Care Employer Reviews

Busy and Fun work place
Receptionist/AP (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJune 3, 2014
On my typical work day I would Consist of answering the phones, checking resident funds, and doing A/P, then helping the Business Office Manager.
Good company, Great quality care for the residents.
ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Huntington Park, CANovember 18, 2013
Good company, Great quality care for the residents. Well Organized and happy residents.
remote work
Developer/ Sr. Business Analyst/ ETL Architect (Current Employee), Orange County, CAOctober 21, 2013
Good environment for DataStage Developers working remotely.
Fun working with others who care.
Administrative Assistant / Rehab Technician (Former Employee), O Fallon, ILJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches and power hour of no work if i met all goals for the month
Cons: company went out of businesss
From making schedules,training new employee's, help assist wit care of patients my day was fast paced and fun working with other who loved caring for others. The hardest part about this job was losing a patient that i had got attached to and the most enjoyable prt was seeing a patient go home once proper care had bee given.
Working for the residents was wonderful, but the management there wasn't clued into what was best for them.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2013
Pros: getting paid to go on field trips with residents, be it to the movies, or an indians game.
Cons: high turn over rate of management.
This facitily consisted of 80% of residents with MS and the other 20% convelescent care. It was my first time working with MS patients, and was enjoyable because of their high congnitive function, yet sad because their bodies wouldn't work anymore.

My day at work revolved around tending to my residents needs, giving their medications, contacting doctors, – more... changing dressings on wounds, or just sitting with them to give them a listening ear, or a hug.

Management went though a lot of changes, and became very crazy to have a continuity of care for the residents, nurses fresh out of school were making $3/hour more than nurses with years of experience, and who had been with the company for years. Wage freeze kept employees from getting any kind of raises. This by far made it the hardest part of the job.

My co-workers (nursing assistants) were top notch employees, they went above and beyond what was required for them to do. Working with them and with the residents is what my my job enjoyable. – less
Hardest job you'll ever love.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Lebanon, ILMarch 18, 2013
Pros: free pizza once in awhile.
Cons: the facility has been on a raise freeze for three years!
My day starts with getting a report as to what happend on the previous shift.Behavious, attitudes, etc. I fill up the linen cart and pass ice. Then its showers and dinner. With 10 residents it keeps very busy. Constantly on the go. I learn something new every day.Management knows our job description but doesn't understand the full impact of the emotional – more... and physical aspects of the job. Keeping cna.s is difficult. They have a high turnover. Its rare to see someone last for 6 months. The hardest part of the job is growing emotionally attached to the residents and them watching them pass. The most enjoyable is the Residents. You grow to love them. Know them. Do special things for them. Such as bringing them in a Big Mac, etc. I am most certainly a team player. Working together with my co-workers is sometimes the only way to survive a shift. Especially when your working short. – less
Newly organized home health agency in Hampton Roads with patient centered focus!
C.N.A. (Current Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: managing staff is great
Cons: not enough local cases
I go from house to house and deliver patient care. It's flexible at times. And also get to work with different people.
Just like being at home with familly!
Care Manger (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 17, 2012
day at work was like waking up your parents and grandparents preparing them for the day, with breakfast , bathes, dressed making morning a happy time reading the paper to the resident who couldnt. I learned love and compassion more than you can imagine. In hospice learning how caring the end of life and amazing can be. Kindess,Hard goodbyes and being – more... a part of the whole family of non relatives can be a real family setting fulfilling – less
Direct business oriented organization.
Secretary/Biller (Former Employee), Turlock, CaliforniaFebruary 29, 2012
This company provided home care services to individuals in need of medical follow up in the home as well as physical therapy, occupational therapy and private duty services. This company was a great organization to the clients served with skilled and professional services.

About Covenant Care

Covenant Care's pact is to provide long-term care to those who need it in the¬†Midwestern and western US. The company¬†runs more – Read more