Covenant Care Employee Reviews

Co-workers are great
PAYROLL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Too much work and overtime has to be approved. Love the employees, though. They did not give bonus to employees, just managers. Increases are hard to come by.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Micromanaged, no increases, too much work, not enough employees
It was the best first job anyone could ask for!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 17, 2017
I loved the atmosphere, work, and overall experience. I grew close to the children and people I worked with. A typical day would be gathering the kids after school let out, playing a game with them to burn off some energy, feed them a snack and talk to them about their day, then tackle homework, after homework we would do the activity of the day like crafts or go outside. We only had three hours everyday to work with the kids but I still grew close to each and every one of them.
Pros
Great hours, fun environment
Cons
Worked with close friends so it was hard to tell them what to do.
Not a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2017
This place is horrible. They office staff can care less about any of its CNA only time they show you respect for your job is during nurse appreciation week. Other than that you are a nobody. The residents and their families come in and some leave so fast due to it being a nasty place. And some come and give CNA so much love for knowing we work hard. The staff thats been there for years get away with how they talk to new workers. CNA thats been there for a long time will try and walk over new CNA and get away with it. Office staff walk around with there nose in the air. They make you change residents rooms at the end of the shifts. And they are always short of CNA!!!
Pros
Cons
Short lunch breaks. Rude staff. Not enough supplies.
Great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32401January 30, 2017
Great place to work, family environment, will work with your schedule and help you go back to school or in any way that they can
Rewarding job, friendly coworkers
Continuous Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2017
On negative side work never assured, large turnover, drive long distances in able to work. Someone always available by telephone for advise and help. Goal patient comfort with orders form doctors to meet that goal.
Pros
Able to offer comfort to dying patients and their family
Cons
Unstable working hours, long travel to work
Former nurse.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Escondido CaliforniaJanuary 25, 2017
Beware if you value your license. Very disorganized upper management, do not care about welfare of license nurse. Very unsafe work environment. Save yourself hard ache, stress and pain. Very bad work experience!!!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Awful work place.
Horrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlinville, ILJanuary 22, 2017
I worked at the Carlinville friendship home bout a year ago.management is poor..activity lady complained all time.none wanted to b a team player..day shift aides was rude.rough with residents.few loud.u report it nothing got done. Midnite shift they sleep or play on internet.lazy..too much two faced drama there from your management down.no raises or bonuses. For extra shifts. Treat workers horrible.we never had enough supplies always running out of food..nurses would not help.everyone always sitting around n on there phones. .restorative aide was lazy as heck.rude.rough..I would not take a family member there. Day shift. Was the worst shift they did whatever.rough lazy bossy rude loud..
Pros
Free food
Cons
No supplies.
Aisha Munsaf- Resume
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 20, 2017
great company to work for. they had terrific people who were just really caring and great to be around with. had learned a lot of new things and computer skills.
Do not even think about working here
LVN (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Administration will over work you and know it and not care. You will be forced eventually to work out of your scope of practice due to disorganized management. You will be offered everything under the sun and not receive what was offered. Licensed nurses are seen as expendable. Save yourself the headache and scroll elsewhere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Completely disorganized management
CNA at Carlinville,IL.Management is horrible,didn't know what to do.Housekeeping is horrible,don't do deep cleaning.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant...AB (Former Employee) –  Carlinville, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Laundry never looked like it was washed bed sheets stained.never have the proper supplies for nurses or sides to do they're job..Alot of drama n two face.never recognized for your work.Management is rude and talk to you like your nothing..never enough staffing.Dont recommend drug tests for nurses or dstaff dont get discipline for theyre behavior.when there's problems management don't take care of it just tell you what you want to hear.. rip you out if your bonuses and pay check and money they say they'll give yourip wyou on vacation and sick pay..I feel it's all about the money and don't care about the clients or staff...I feel with the proper management n right team this would be a great place..But they need to get rid of Alot of staff from house keeping to the day shiftt, some evenings,and mid nite crew..Mid night shift comes in late don't do much work...I only lasted bout a month..
Pros
free food when there was enough
Cons
no break room, no proper supplies.
Disorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  friendship home, carlinvilleDecember 24, 2016
I only lasted 2 weeks. Place is very disorganized for such a small facility. Staff won't stay because they let dayshift CNA'S run the place. Even the new DON only lasted a month. Constantly out of supplies for cnas and nurses to do there jobs right. Housekeeping needs to step up. The place is dirty and stinky. Management needs to come in a revamp the entire facility.
Pros
free meals
Cons
let certain CNA'S run the building
Not a stable company.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 2, 2016
Constant changes. Management is back stabbing and demanding. Was just told call center is closing and many staff are loosing their jobs. Management has no compassion for staff. How can this be a good hospice if management has no compassion for the staff. Jobs are created for management's picks. After a year of COO driving company in the ground, she if fired but there is several upper management that should have went with her.
Pros
working with people
Cons
this entire company
I learned so much, and I'm forever grateful.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 29, 2016
I wasn't sure if I could handle being a hospice volunteer. But after my first patient I knew I could. My supervisor is very supportive and flexible. She made me proud to be a volunteer and I never felt overwhelmed or under appreciated.
Productive, great ethics ,professional, management
Accounts Receivable Specialist/CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 20, 2016
CCI is a great place to work most enjoyable SNF Corp Ive worked. Team Work, Respect, and Job / Work Balance. Ive learned a lot thru out my 4 years of employment.
Pros
Family Fill
Cons
Industry itself
This company is trouble the supervisor is a. Cold snake
Cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 17, 2016
This company is a horrible place to work for the supervisor is a back stabler cold snake

Has roaches in the kitchen it got worst from the old staff went down hill
Cons
No breaks poor management dirty
Not worth your time management sucks facility over all is trash
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ft wayne indianaOctober 13, 2016
This place uses policies to there convince they pick and choose who to use them with instead of in forcing them with all staff. The are the most unprofessional place I have ever seen they are more worried about the $$$$ aspect have no care or compassion for residents. Place smells like urine all the time. Management spends 90% of there day outside smoking. DON will walk right by call lights and not answer them just to go ask CNA or Nurse if they are going to answer it. U get no appreciation for anything u do. They can not keep STATE out of there building. The scheduler covers up NCNS and tardiness to her convince. They allow nurses who abuse residents to continue to work there .
Shady and unrealistic job
LVN (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 10, 2016
No one seems to care about low staffing, the management ignores concerns about staff health, patient safety, etc. I would never ever want to work here again. lots of lies from the higher ups. TOXIC
I wouldn't work there again
Management (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 18, 2016
Overall the company has poor staffing levels and terrible pay for staff. Wage freeze for YEARS! There was a 1% increase a few years ago for a prportion of employees. Expectations are high but resources are low.
Pros
The people in the building did the best they could with what they had to work with.
Cons
Terrible wages and lack of increases.
They had some pros and some cons.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taylorville, ILAugust 31, 2016
Covenant Care as a company isn't bad. It's just the place I worked could be more professional. There was a lot of favoriteism, and coworkers targeting each other.
Pros
5 star nursing home, clean, benefits, food
Cons
Targeting, not enough supplies, things breaking all the time.
Terrible place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 11, 2016
This was the worst job I have ever had. The unprofessionalism was out of this world, the saddest part is that it was just looked over and let go. The nurse management were very rude, not only to staff but also to the family of residents. You couldn't say anything to anybody in fear of retaliation. The joke was that you would become the next victim for them to try and pick you apart that you weren't doing your job right. If you don't have " R.N." by your name then you are disposable..When in all reality they were just trying to turn the eyes away from them. There really wasn't much room for advancement either, they just keep packing on the job duties without any pay increases. Their raises are always on "FREEZE".
Benefits
Cons
Felt like high school not a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8