Covenant Dove Employee Reviews

great place for nursing home experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 17, 2016
Good place to work, variety of oppertunities, will learn from the different types of patients, such as trach care, wound care, peg tube and insulin therapy
A very organized company to work for
Minimum Data System Analyst / LPN (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 28, 2016
I throughly enjoyed working for this strutted company. All the disciplines worked together as a team.The way we worked together is the way all healthcare workers should do
Pros
ORGANIZED
Cons
RIGID
Typical Day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day of work is being able to adjust to any unplanned circumstances. Most days are very busy and have a routine, but there will always be times that call for adjustment, that call for juggling several things at once, and being able to accomplish what needs tsoldo be done by the end of the day.
Pros
Strong management, benefits, work environment
Cons
Management changed
Overall Review of Covenant
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 23, 2016
A typical day at Covenant Health & Rehab is like being at home with your family. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient once I have established a bond them. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a big smile on the their face when I walk in the facility.
Pros
free wifi
Cons
short breaks
I would be afraid to send my family here!
Social Services (Former Employee) –  Battleground, WAMay 16, 2016
The RNs are overworked, as are the CNAs. No time for ADLs with residents. My supervisor was fired a week before State came into the building. I took on her role, as well as maintaining mine. When I was asked to be compensated, Corporate told me I was not really working her position, I just had more residents. (Corporate is totally clueless as to what the care for residents entails! They sit in the office all day barking orders. This makes it close to impossible to get your normal tasks done.) Very sad place to work. 13 hour days, and I didn't work as much as other admin staff. No care for family life. Corporate told a worker they could find someone else to do their job if they weren't willing, the staff wanted to spend time with their child after working 14 hour days all week.
Pros
residents
Cons
corporate
Tun and don't look back!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 8, 2016
This place is by far one of the WORST PLACE I have EVER WORKED. YOU WILL ALMOST NEVER GET A LUNCH BREAK. And if you do everything that needs to be done baths, vitals, dress, shower, feed and etc. You will not finish when it is time to get off. I always got finished a hour after my shift ended. And if you need HELP WITH ANY PATIENTS, you are on your on. This is not a good place to work. I really feel sorry for this patii at this facility. You can lose you license easy working here at Trinity in Clinton. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SHORT!, with 12 to 20 patients by yourself WITH NO HELP. I worked there almost a year and ALMOST LOST MY MIND. VERY STRESSFUL.
Pros
THE PATIENTS, I LOVED THEM
Cons
THIS PLACE SUCKED AND THE STAFF AND CNAS SUCKED!!
Worst Place I Have ever worked .
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 2, 2016
Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They actually didnt pay me for a day I punched in and out with O.T. And they tell you will be salary then put you on a time clock and when you do get overtime they just pay you straight time . And the patient care is terrible it is all about heads in beds. Would not recommend this place to anyone.And god bless anyone with a loved one there.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Run!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSApril 5, 2016
The most ridiculous place to work for. You will be risking your license everyday!! They employ grown people who act like high schoolers. They promise you breaks , HA don't count on it.your lucky if your able to take your 30min lunch. If you call in due to sickness they will make you "make up" the time you lost. You will always have 12-20 residents to care for alone . After 2weeks I hated this job!!! I feel bad for the residents there!!
Pros
taking care of the elderly
Cons
no lunch break, always short staffed, not enough money to deal with the daily bs
If you cant get a job anywhere else. This is the company.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSMarch 22, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked as an LPN. I witness the DON along with another nurse tie a gait belt around a resident and to the wheelchair to keep him from getting up. There were a lot of agency coning through since the new DON changed there schedule from Mon-Fri with baylor to 4-2 (the worst schedule ever!) The patient load is heavy and demanding! There is no absolute way the provide good nursing care. But, if you are just in need of a job. I'm sure you would get hired just walking through the door. Because, they can't keep a nurse!
awful, life draining, low pay, disrespectful supervisors
cna .. (certainly not appreciated.) (Former Employee) –  petra health and rehab in mccormick scMarch 10, 2016
The worst place to work... Nursing staff and office staff bad mouthing and mocking residents.. Feeding meds to make them stop ringing call lights. Leaving people unattended on the toilet.. Staff/managment Taking drugs in the parking lot on breaks... If your children are sick they do not care they still demand you come in...most long term employees are related so favoritism is shown.. They only care about themselves... You will work with agencies bc they never have staff.. Staff steals from families and residents... They talk horribly about the residents in their care..good luck! The Director of nursing is a fat miserable pig of a female.
Horrible! Stay away
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNMarch 7, 2016
Worst place to work. Don't apply or send anyone as a patient. Pray for the patients. No supplies until State comes. Certain patients are on the VIP list. They have supplies in there rooms.
Pros
Patients
Good company
Regional Business Office Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2016
Typical day includes AR management, staff management, and payroll for numerous facilities. The hardest part of the job was displaced patients.
Pros
Working with low income families
Cons
Run away from this place!!! Do not work here and warn others!
cna nursing assistant cna (Former Employee) –  IdahoJanuary 22, 2016
I worked for this company for seven years. The managment does not care about the lives of the people employed. You are treated like you are not valued at all. The work load for the nurses and cnas is ridiculous! Walking through the doors you will see few, if any, smiles from the employees because they hate being there. Half the staff is agency because they cannot keep anyone. They make promises they will not keep and the quality of care for patients is in the toilet. Supplies are always in need. Do not waste your time are your sanity at this place.
Pros
Residents
Cons
STOP... TURN... RUN.... Money Money Money! That's all that they care about.
Floor RN (Current Employee) –  Picayune, MSDecember 28, 2015
Protect your license and seek employment elsewhere! Every day is a gamble. The only time that they care about doing things the right way is when State is there. Yes, they pay a few dollars more than the hospitals, but you definitely will find out that it's not worth it!
I've seen them spend several thousands of dollars on recruitment parties, then feed the resident's hotdogs for lunch and dinner.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
biller (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 9, 2015
Enjoyed co workers good pay poor management hours ok unorganized will find anything to degrade you on and blame others people do not accept responsibility
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management high insurance
Worst company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 2, 2015
RUN FROM THEM
ONLY GOOD THING YOU GET BONUS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO PERMANENT STAFF
they always use agencies and you never know who you are going to work with. the staff never stays so there must be a reason why
Great work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 22, 2015
Great work place, however looking for more growth opportunities. Company really value customer service. Great team members that make you feel welcome.
Lack of care from this facility
CNA (Former Employee) –  PicayuneSeptember 29, 2015
This facility doesn't care about anything but money. They find resident to bring in that are almost died and say they are here for therapy. They are always short staff and over work their employees, then when something happen to them (sick) they don't even say get well they just say if you ain't bleed or dying you can come back to work. The roof leaks and they just cover it up. They bugs flying and crawling all over.
Pros
When it is time to leave
Cons
All of it this place should be shout down
don't waste your time
cna (Former Employee) –  collierville, tnMay 23, 2015
I worked at the Dove in Collierville,TN for three month and I completely hated it. You never have supplies or a break and don't get me started on the smell. Run don't walk stay away from this place. I wouldn't put a rat in this place.
Pros
couldn't think of any
Cons
everything
wonderful workplace and great co-workers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 27, 2015
called various insurance companies regarding outstanding balances on account, working AR aging report, making contractual adjustments to accounts from insurance companies. The Supervisor is a very bright and intelligent hard worker who belives in keeping us in a team environment. Great and loyal person. The hardest part of the job can be at times dealing with the various insurance companies not wanting to make payment and having to file appeals for payment. The most enjoyable part of the job is having and working with a great group of people who are TEAM PLAYERS!
Pros
access to sit outside on the park benches and enjoying lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Dove. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8