Covenant Dove

Covenant Dove Employer Reviews

Regional Office Manager
Regional Controller (Former Employee), BAsed in Cville VADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: too much out of state travel
Traveled to facilities in 7 states. Trained Office managers and medical billers. Assisted Care facilities
Excellent learning opportunities.
MDS (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part is the chance to work with others and use my skills.
Gives all nursing homes a bad name
Nursing (Former Employee), Upstate SCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything about this company
Having worked in long term care for 25 plus years for large companies and small, I can honesty say that Covenant Dove is the poster child on profit driven health care. Residents are heads in the bed to book revenue. They are forced to reach a certain number of therapy minutes per day in order to make the highest paying RUG regardless of their condition. Staffing is cut to the bare bones and supplies are not readily available or ordered due to budget limits. CEO and upper management are all profit driven and seriously lack the people skills to effectively manage nurses and staff. I would not recommend employment here if you value your reputation or caring and compassion to take care of residents.
Former Prn Lpn
Prn Lpn (Former Employee), easley,SCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: not on top of keeping staff, lies
When I started to work for a nursing home facility back in 2013. I thought it was nice. I was wrong. I got hired prn 7am-7pm on Sat. I told the staffing nurse I could work only certain days at a certain time because I work a full time job else where. It was in writing. Wouldn't you know I got texts and phone calls more and more? I wasn't happy and at the time I did work the medicine cart was a mess. DHEC had come in to inspect and I was not allowed on the cart until after they left and that was at 5:30pm. I couldn't even help. Meds were behind.Late stay twice. I was told by staff nurse I would get a bonus what a joke! I quit after that.
Shouldn't be in business
RN (Former Employee), OregonSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: rare moments of brightening a resident's day
Cons: everything else, no time to perform all nursing duties safely, let alone have a break or grab a granola bar, no time for compassion, staff and residents are seen as less than human due to ceo focus on nothing but profit, ceo not a medical professional, just a businessman playing the profit game
As an RN, I entered the medical field hoping to improve the lives of those I served. That cannot happen at a facility like this. The goal of the CEO of Covenant Dove is to increase profit, nothing more. Both the staff and residents of Covenant Dove get treated poorly due to the horrendous and unethical business model. We were always short-staffed, and I am not exaggerating when I say that I got in trouble by one of my managers for spending 2 minutes listening to a resident confide in me her fears of dying without her son by her side when it happened. 2 minutes. It doesn't profit them for residents or patients to have people pay any attention to them, we are expected to shove a cup full of pills at them and check off the box saying they took them without having any time to evaluate and assess each pt. I will not go into detail about each and every insufficiency of this workplace because I don't have enough room to write them all here, but I urge anyone considering working here to walk away. It is not worth potentially losing your license because of how truly unsafe and understaffed the work environment is. This is not a good employer, and it is certainly not a place of healing. My heart aches for the residents unlucky enough to be stuck behind those walls and locked doors, a building without compassion, hope, or care.
Without a doubt the worse place I've ever worked
LVN (Former Employee), Bryan TexasJune 28, 2014
Cons: poor resident care, lack of employee respect or gratitude
If you value your license stay far away, there is no organization protocols are a joke in one month of being in this facility state has been called on 3 different occasions! I have never seen anything like this place in my life, the residents are wonderful the staff is 90% agency nurses so the residents suffer more than anyone else, I left to keep my license from being in jeopardy they do not care who or what kind of employee is there as long as they have a warm body covering the shift I have witnessed nurses work 20hr shifts then turn around and work 16 hr meds are missing the lack if routine caregivers is constantly causing resident care to decrease med errors to increase it's unbelievable this place hasn't been shut down
Has a rude, yelling DON and a passive Administrator who does nothing about anything. For the first 6 months I worked there, I was F'd at daily.
RN (Former Employee), Trinity Mission Winnsboro TexasFebruary 27, 2014
Cons: no breaks!!! just work, work, more, more.
A do as I say and not a what's best for the organization environment. Long hours with no gratitude. No understanding of what the demands from corporate. Corporate is non-caring and doesn't care about why and how things happen. They just want the job done with a warm body. No matter the dedication, no matter the hard work, no matter the good surverys under your name, you are easily replaced with no regard.
Terrible, no organization. Regional management gives permission to use your nursing license without your consent.Very unprofessional and unethical
Assistant DON (Former Employee), Bryan TexasFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: experience to know what should not occur in ltc
Cons: expect to be used and disposed of when they are finished
A
Very unethical and unprofessional company. Judgements are racially motivated. After working hard to obtain my license as a Registered Nurse
The administrator used my license without my consent to cover the Director's license because of a delay. I walked into the situation
And was used from day one. The DON had a
LVN call the board of nursing using my credentials and name to inquire about her licensure . That is misrepresentation and
Falsification and this employee is considered
A VALUED EMPLOYEE.
If you would like to keep your nursing license stay away
Nurse (Former Employee), Edgefield, SCJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: everything
This is not the place to be if you actually care about your patients and value your nursing license. Most of the staff does not care, it's clear most people are only here for a paycheck.
Awful
dove (Former Employee), colliervilleNovember 8, 2013
Cons: nursing staff and management
This is a terrible place to work. I worked at the collierville location and that place didnt have gloves half the time . The clients on tube feedings got the wrong supplement because they were always out. The nurses would not start the ivs but would falsify documents. They had ants in the patients rooms. I pulled back the covers once on a patient and a spider came from underneath her covers. The cnas work hard and they get treated like dirt. Some of the nurses are signing out narcotics and taking them. How can a patient that does not talk complain of pain every day on one shift. As nurses we know how to evaluate for s/s of pain. One time the nurse signed out the pain med and the patient was in the hospital. See how important it is to make rounds? I wouldnt send my worst enemy to that place.
Very low wages, always about the money,food quality poor
CNA (Former Employee), AndersonOctober 25, 2013
Very high turnovers,in nursing and food service. Most facilities are very old with little up keep. CNA's and kitchen help are some of the worst paid and over worked you will ever find. Compassion for residents non- existent.
Residents are Great
Habilitation Therapist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great time with residents
Cons: too much to handle sometimes
I would go for residents From Rec.Parks and such. Stock closets with clothing and items needed for the next day.Co-workers were Good but not very much interaction.I loved my residents.
The most worrst place I have ever worked
LPN, Prn Pool (Former Employee), Anderson, SCNovember 29, 2012
Pros: my residents
Cons: it was trully the worst place ever
Very poor nursing management.The work schedule that was posted was very often wrong with people on there that wasnt working and vice versa which left the rest of us short handed most days.I am of old school so when there is a shortage a nurse a nurse unit manager would take the cart either for the shift or at least long enough to help,but these at this company will walk out knowing a shortage and or all business is falling apart.No one had the team concept and helped no one.Management needs to be wiped out from the front to the back and start over.The hardest part was at first expressing what I seen or felt and they was overlooked,it was like being in high school and if you wasnt in the "click" you was a black sheep.The best part was my families and residents.There was way to many major injuries that should bring a red flag up because of the nature of several residents and not being taken care of.