Covenant Dove Employee Reviews

STOP... TURN... RUN.... Money Money Money! That's all that they care about.
Floor RN (Current Employee) –  Picayune, MSDecember 28, 2015
Protect your license and seek employment elsewhere! Every day is a gamble. The only time that they care about doing things the right way is when State is there. Yes, they pay a few dollars more than the hospitals, but you definitely will find out that it's not worth it!
I've seen them spend several thousands of dollars on recruitment parties, then feed the resident's hotdogs for lunch and dinner.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
biller (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 9, 2015
Enjoyed co workers good pay poor management hours ok unorganized will find anything to degrade you on and blame others people do not accept responsibility
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management high insurance
WORST COMPANY
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 2, 2015
RUN FROM THEM
ONLY GOOD THING YOU GET BONUS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO PERMANENT STAFF
they always use agencies and you never know who you are going to work with. the staff never stays so there must be a reason why
Great work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 22, 2015
Great work place, however looking for more growth opportunities. Company really value customer service. Great team members that make you feel welcome.
Lack of care from this facility
CNA (Former Employee) –  PicayuneSeptember 29, 2015
This facility doesn't care about anything but money. They find resident to bring in that are almost died and say they are here for therapy. They are always short staff and over work their employees, then when something happen to them (sick) they don't even say get well they just say if you ain't bleed or dying you can come back to work. The roof leaks and they just cover it up. They bugs flying and crawling all over.
Pros
When it is time to leave
Cons
All of it this place should be shout down
don't waste your time
cna (Former Employee) –  collierville, tnMay 23, 2015
I worked at the Dove in Collierville,TN for three month and I completely hated it. You never have supplies or a break and don't get me started on the smell. Run don't walk stay away from this place. I wouldn't put a rat in this place.
Pros
couldn't think of any
Cons
everything
wonderful workplace and great co-workers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 27, 2015
called various insurance companies regarding outstanding balances on account, working AR aging report, making contractual adjustments to accounts from insurance companies. The Supervisor is a very bright and intelligent hard worker who belives in keeping us in a team environment. Great and loyal person. The hardest part of the job can be at times dealing with the various insurance companies not wanting to make payment and having to file appeals for payment. The most enjoyable part of the job is having and working with a great group of people who are TEAM PLAYERS!
Pros
access to sit outside on the park benches and enjoying lunch
Difficult place to work- company executives seem to be focused on the bottom line.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTApril 8, 2015
This company's focus appears to be the bottom line.
I was responsible for the care of up to 60 long-term care patients, 30 when I work day shift.
This is entirely too much of a work load for one nurse to provide effective care to each individual resident.
Management appears to do the best the can with the resources they are provided and it seems that they are overworked.
Turn around rate is high.
This company pays more than others mainly so it can retain employees, however, overworked and burnt out they normally concede to work elsewhere for less.

They get away with this by hiring a large amount of LPN's which they pay nearly as much as RNs and hire the minimal amount of RN's needed to maintain state requirements.
Pros
higher than average salary, decent compensation package comparatively for full-time staff.
Cons
minimal staffing, lack of necessary equipment frequently, outdated methods of documenting and providing patient care.
management very difficult to work with
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 20, 2015
neede many changes, but management unwilling.
this facility ranked #25 out of 26
very unorganized
would rather do things incorrectly
Nepotism running rampant at this facility
Regional Office Manager
Regional Controller (Former Employee) –  BAsed in Cville VADecember 15, 2014
Traveled to facilities in 7 states. Trained Office managers and medical billers. Assisted Care facilities
Pros
flexable
Cons
too much out of state travel
Excellent learning opportunities.
MDS (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part is the chance to work with others and use my skills.
Gives all nursing homes a bad name
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Upstate SCNovember 20, 2014
Having worked in long term care for 25 plus years for large companies and small, I can honesty say that Covenant Dove is the poster child on profit driven health care. Residents are heads in the bed to book revenue. They are forced to reach a certain number of therapy minutes per day in order to make the highest paying RUG regardless of their condition. Staffing is cut to the bare bones and supplies are not readily available or ordered due to budget limits. CEO and upper management are all profit driven and seriously lack the people skills to effectively manage nurses and staff. I would not recommend employment here if you value your reputation or caring and compassion to take care of residents.
Pros
pay check
Cons
everything about this company
Former Prn Lpn
Prn Lpn (Former Employee) –  easley,SCOctober 6, 2014
When I started to work for a nursing home facility back in 2013. I thought it was nice. I was wrong. I got hired prn 7am-7pm on Sat. I told the staffing nurse I could work only certain days at a certain time because I work a full time job else where. It was in writing. Wouldn't you know I got texts and phone calls more and more? I wasn't happy and at the time I did work the medicine cart was a mess. DHEC had come in to inspect and I was not allowed on the cart until after they left and that was at 5:30pm. I couldn't even help. Meds were behind.Late stay twice. I was told by staff nurse I would get a bonus what a joke! I quit after that.
Pros
patients
Cons
not on top of keeping staff, lies
Shouldn't be in business
RN (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 3, 2014
As an RN, I entered the medical field hoping to improve the lives of those I served. That cannot happen at a facility like this. The goal of the CEO of Covenant Dove is to increase profit, nothing more. Both the staff and residents of Covenant Dove get treated poorly due to the horrendous and unethical business model. We were always short-staffed, and I am not exaggerating when I say that I got in trouble by one of my managers for spending 2 minutes listening to a resident confide in me her fears of dying without her son by her side when it happened. 2 minutes. It doesn't profit them for residents or patients to have people pay any attention to them, we are expected to shove a cup full of pills at them and check off the box saying they took them without having any time to evaluate and assess each pt. I will not go into detail about each and every insufficiency of this workplace because I don't have enough room to write them all here, but I urge anyone considering working here to walk away. It is not worth potentially losing your license because of how truly unsafe and understaffed the work environment is. This is not a good employer, and it is certainly not a place of healing. My heart aches for the residents unlucky enough to be stuck behind those walls and locked doors, a building without compassion, hope, or care.
Pros
rare moments of brightening a resident's day
Cons
everything else, no time to perform all nursing duties safely, let alone have a break or grab a granola bar, no time for compassion, staff and residents are seen as less than human due to ceo focus on nothing but profit, ceo not a medical professional, just a businessman playing the profit game
Without a doubt the worse place I've ever worked
LVN (Former Employee) –  Bryan TexasJune 28, 2014
If you value your license stay far away, there is no organization protocols are a joke in one month of being in this facility state has been called on 3 different occasions! I have never seen anything like this place in my life, the residents are wonderful the staff is 90% agency nurses so the residents suffer more than anyone else, I left to keep my license from being in jeopardy they do not care who or what kind of employee is there as long as they have a warm body covering the shift I have witnessed nurses work 20hr shifts then turn around and work 16 hr meds are missing the lack if routine caregivers is constantly causing resident care to decrease med errors to increase it's unbelievable this place hasn't been shut down
Cons
poor resident care, lack of employee respect or gratitude
Has a rude, yelling DON and a passive Administrator who does nothing about anything. For the first 6 months I worked there, I was F'd at daily.
RN (Former Employee) –  Trinity Mission Winnsboro TexasFebruary 27, 2014
A do as I say and not a what's best for the organization environment. Long hours with no gratitude. No understanding of what the demands from corporate. Corporate is non-caring and doesn't care about why and how things happen. They just want the job done with a warm body. No matter the dedication, no matter the hard work, no matter the good surverys under your name, you are easily replaced with no regard.
Cons
no breaks!!! just work, work, more, more.
Terrible, no organization. Regional management gives permission to use your nursing license without your consent.Very unprofessional and unethical
Assistant DON (Former Employee) –  Bryan TexasFebruary 17, 2014
A
Very unethical and unprofessional company. Judgements are racially motivated. After working hard to obtain my license as a Registered Nurse
The administrator used my license without my consent to cover the Director's license because of a delay. I walked into the situation
And was used from day one. The DON had a
LVN call the board of nursing using my credentials and name to inquire about her licensure . That is misrepresentation and
Falsification and this employee is considered
A VALUED EMPLOYEE.
Pros
experience to know what should not occur in ltc
Cons
expect to be used and disposed of when they are finished
If you would like to keep your nursing license stay away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCJanuary 29, 2014
This is not the place to be if you actually care about your patients and value your nursing license. Most of the staff does not care, it's clear most people are only here for a paycheck.
Cons
everything
Awful
dove (Former Employee) –  colliervilleNovember 8, 2013
This is a terrible place to work. I worked at the collierville location and that place didnt have gloves half the time . The clients on tube feedings got the wrong supplement because they were always out. The nurses would not start the ivs but would falsify documents. They had ants in the patients rooms. I pulled back the covers once on a patient and a spider came from underneath her covers. The cnas work hard and they get treated like dirt. Some of the nurses are signing out narcotics and taking them. How can a patient that does not talk complain of pain every day on one shift. As nurses we know how to evaluate for s/s of pain. One time the nurse signed out the pain med and the patient was in the hospital. See how important it is to make rounds? I wouldnt send my worst enemy to that place.
Cons
nursing staff and management
Very low wages, always about the money,food quality poor
CNA (Former Employee) –  AndersonOctober 25, 2013
Very high turnovers,in nursing and food service. Most facilities are very old with little up keep. CNA's and kitchen help are some of the worst paid and over worked you will ever find. Compassion for residents non- existent.

1.8