Covenant HealthCare

Covenant HealthCare United States Employee Reviews

Team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 25, 2015
Pros: Learning new skills, meeting new people
Cons: Not having enough time to spend with patients
I believe that team work is what makes a company move smoothly. I believe a good manager has to have a good ear in listening to patient's and their employees, good or bad. Managers should ask what do employee's think would help better the work place. A typical work day is sometimes stressful but in the end it all works out. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient, and hoping that the patients last moments on earth is knowing that I did take care of them till the end and I tried my best to comfort them. The most enjoyable part of my job is listening to them talk about their life, whether its their past or present and making them smile. Happiness and laughter is always the key. Making them feel they have a purpose and they are my number one priority.
Call Center
Console Operator (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 27, 2015
• Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
• Conferred with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
• Reviewed claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective, and approving or disapproving dealers' claims.
• Completed contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
• Reviewed insurance policy terms to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance.
The best part of being a Unit Aide in OR
Unit Aide (Current Employee), Covenant Cooper Surgical ServicesMarch 12, 2015
Pros: full time job with benefits
Cons: i guess it would have to be the 11:30am to 7pm shift.
I found the OR as a very fun, fast paced and rewarding part of my life. When a patient comes in and we need to get medication or plasma. It was our job to make sure it was for the right patient and the right OR room. Transporting patients from one location to another was enjoyable. We were able to talk to them and ease any insecurities they may have been having. Probably the hardest part of my job was moving the heavy OR tables around.
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse, Emergency Room (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 23, 2015
This is a very high paced level 2 Emergency Room with constant throughput. The staff constantly works together and it is a very positive environment. Would highly recommend this hospital.
Pleasant work enviroment
CODING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Lubbock TexasFebruary 18, 2015
I have learned a lot about management working for Covenant. I have enjoyed my time with this company. I don't really have much more to say other than I have appreciated the opportunity to enter my field with this company.
It was great Company to work for we were a team built longterm friendships.
Commercial Business Development/PR Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: friends, teamwork, longterm relationships, traveled
Cons: i honestly did not have any regrets working there
The Dept. I worked in was Bid out by another Company in Nashville so everyone was laid off I hold no one at fault was very happy working there.
Enjoyed working in the corporate aspect of a large health care system. I learned a lot
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 3, 2015
I was able to get a lot of good insight on the inner workings of recruitment for a major health care system. I checked references as well as all necessary state and federal documents for potential candidates. I was lucky to have a great team to work with and that made our jobs more efficient and help develop a good working environment. I felt my direct supervisor was well informed in the recruitment field and guided the department well. At times candidates could be difficult to get in touch with, slowing the hiring process. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Covenant Health.
I loved the environment and the benefits,
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), saginaw, miFebruary 2, 2015
I was a new Grad and was taught a lot of new skills by the Respiratory staff .co workers was very helpful. liked that all the supplies were there when needed.
A lot of room for promotions. Extensive clinical experiences.
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 27, 2015
This is a 700 bed teaching facility that has a variety of clinical experience for all spectrum's of age and disease processes.
productive and fun workplace
Lead porter (Current Employee), saginaw, michiganJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good working enviroment
The people are friendly and genuinely care for the patient and family members that come for care at the hospital. The management team work with the employees in terms of scheduling also it is a good place that encourages advancement through educational assistance.
RN
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: small department
Cons: small department
maintain good communication skills and great patient care.
Very Busy and Productive Hospital
Staff Technologist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 16, 2014
Stroke accredited facility that provides services to both inpatients and outpatients. Hospital has a high volume of patients on a daily basis. Have very dedicated co-workers and a very good work environment.
Somewhat disorganized
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 17, 2014
Under the director of benefits I was responsible for assisting in employee wellness.
Responsibilities include: editing newsletter, data entry, scripting a smoking cessation video, helping
supervisors with tasks such as researching information relevant to smoking cessation.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 11, 2014
Busy workplace but with a laid back environment
Working with the elderly made it a great job to have
Productive and fair place to work
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Saginaw, MINovember 10, 2014
Co workers at Covenant Healthcare are generally a very friendly bunch to work with. The work is hard but rewarding.
Very good company to work for
Patient Service Rep/Receptionist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed my work at Covenant. The environment was a very comfortable environment to work for. Everyone helped everyone. We all got a long.
Nice place to come and Work
Office Coordinator/Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 11, 2014
Day to Day process was manageable, workload was consistent although the management personal weren't. Frustrating part was trying to keep good employees.
Great place to work to gain work experience
Medical Biller/Account Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: job advancements and managers support.
I learned a lot about the medical field. I appreciated being trained on many different jobs in the department. Management made you feel like family they were very supportive and made sure that their employees were taking good care of on the job. The Covenant umbrella is one everyone should experience.
CORPORATE VS HOSPITAL
Data Specialist (Current Employee), TNSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no breaks. no management training whatsoever. you are promoted on tenure.
Covenant Health makes all departments of the company comply to the same regulations as the hospitals except no overtime. As is the trend, they are buying up hospitals and medical practices. Their bottom line is price not quality and as a statistican I have a problem with that. Employee evaluations are a joke. The hardest part of the job is trying to get work done with three other people in the same office talking sports and Seinfeld 1-2 hours a day. I find this HIGHLY distracting and in spite of complaints to management, it continues. I was hired to do data analysis in 2007 but the job changed and I am an analyst not a hospital data person.
hours
House Keeping (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: odd hours
I work nights so the hours were hard. the workers were nice from all departments

1 2 3 4 5

About Covenant HealthCare

One of the largest, most comprehensive health care providers north of metro Detroit, Covenant HealthCare is a non-profit health – Read more

Covenant HealthCare Salaries