Covenant HealthCare Employee Reviews

Great place, just not Pharmacy
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 6, 2016
Covenant has a great atmosphere to work in. Having worked in 4 different departments (moving up), pharmacy is the worst. Director does not have what it takes to run successful pharmacies and does not support employees. If you're looking for competitive pay and a stress free workplace, this isn't it.
Exciting, meaningful work with kids with autism
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 16, 2016
This is a job where you are able to work 1:1 with kids with autism in a classroom environment. Teaching young children 2-8 years old and working with a great team of coworkers.
Pros
Hours, paid breaks, mon-fri, spring break, christmas break
Cons
Can be physically exhausting
Great hospital
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 12, 2016
Working in nutrition services was rewarding because it was a stepping stone for me. I love the healthcare field and was studying it while working. We were a family. I appreciate them for supporting me in my future endeavors.
enjoyable workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 9, 2016
A typical day at work can be quite hectic, The coworkers are always their to help and love making sure everyone succeeds.
Fast paced hospitality
Hospitality Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 18, 2016
I loved catering to my patients and making sure they are well taken care of. The hardest part of the job was high call volume but i was able to learn from this. Being part of a call center taught me how to multi task and get things done in a timely manner.
Great place to work!
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 12, 2016
I enjoyed everything about working at Covenant.. I can't say enough good things about this hospital. I enjoyed the people, the experiences it gave me, and everything I learned about the healthcare industry/patient care.
non profess
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
not received pay checks on time not paid for the full two weeks lack of payments wait for check for weeks at a time not a happy place to work at when you not sure if you will get paid or not and the clients have to suffer
Pros
great clients
Cons
non profess
Covenant Health is a busy place each day is alway different and a learning experience
HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 8, 2016
There is never a typical day at work. Each day is different. My co-workers are a great team to work with. Management is never on the same page. They say one thing and do the opposite of what they've said. Hardest part of my job is trying to help every patient that call because it not always possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and my coworkers.
Pros
Flexible job
Cons
No room to grow
Fast pace environment
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  InpatientFebruary 26, 2016
I completed my internship at Covenant HealthCare - Inpatient. I enjoyed working with the therapy staff and patients. It is a fast paced work environment.
Pros
Great therapy staff
Cons
Nursing staff sometimes difficult
Commited to ministering to the whole person.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Good place to work, only been here about four months. Good people on the floors. The hospital is committed to its goal of ministering to the whole person.
understaffed.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 8, 2016
I am doing administrative as well as clinical duties. The management
does not back up their employees. There is no room for advancement in my department. Management is not fair when there is an opportunity for growth they pick who they want instead of interviewing for the position internally.
Overall good place to work
Home care liaison/Oasis review/Coder (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 28, 2015
most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers, some managers are very good while others lack the ability to manage staff and communicate effectively, feel that working through breaks was expected more than appreciated.
Pros
a lot of opportunites to move around within the company
Cons
Some of managers lack experience and training on how to manage employees
Loved it!
Nutrition Service worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 10, 2015
It's a great job with huge benefits. They work around you school schedule which makes it easier for you to advance. I don't have any bad things to say about this job.
Very productive place to work at
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 22, 2015
Very busy. learned to care for patients. Managements supports continuing education. great team work with coworkers,
most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you made a difference.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long 12 hour days
Great pay rates
R.N. (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 13, 2015
I have learned to be on top of things, a team player, Open heart surgery.
Co-workers can be judgmental and hard to get along with.
Pros
Bonus shifts
Cons
some doctors hard communication between nurses and them
Great company to work for
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 1, 2015
Excellent working enviroment with ample opportunities to grow. Benefits and pay are competetive. Good work/life balance.
Worked from home and am a self-starting, motivated individual.
Certified Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 1, 2015
I received an hourly wage and an incentive which I worked hard to achieve. I was part of the quality assurance team and the training team when our hospital switched to editing reports. Am proficient with electronic medical records.
Great Atmosphre
Nursing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation CenterOctober 13, 2015
I loved working at Covenant Healthcare Systems because my co-workers were team players, we all work well together and care about the patients.
Pros
Flexible schedules, paid time off.
Cons
Some very heavy lifting.
Fun to work
Laboratory Client Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 8, 2015
I learned that being focused and paying attention is a must to avoid mistakes in my work place. Co workers have different personalities but being good and understanding to them creates no problems. The hardest part of my job would be the intense focus it takes to accomplish my task. Lastly the most enjoyable part of my job is just hard work. I have been raised to work very hard since I was very young in the Philippines. I feel accomplishment in a hard days work for my pay. I am not a lazy worker.
Pros
Working for a facility such as Covenant Healthcare. Good benefits, very professional & friendly workplace.
Cons
The pay rates seems low for the job demands.
Patient care - mentor to new hires & nursing students - interact with multiple disciplines
Intake Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 4, 2015
I truly enjoyed my years at Covenant until after my last medical leave for surgical purposes I was basically phased out because it was cheaper to higher a new nurse at a lower pay scale than to bring me back at my current scale but no one would tell me that. I got very lame if not untruthful reason for not being rehired.

Management at that time were not supportive.

Did enjoy being a superuser when they went live with electronic charting - it allowed me to interact more with all facets of the medical staff assisting them in the transition.
Pros
working with a great team of nurses, aides and physicians
Cons
not enough management support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.