Covenant HealthCare Employee Reviews

The coordinator in my unit is very respectful and compassionate towards our needs
Client Service technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  1000 Houghton Saginaw M.IJuly 25, 2017
I work in the lab and I have found that my current position is a very demanding but rewarding one. My coordinator is very helpful and likes to help out whenever he can. I love to work in my office and love the help and support that I get from my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Bonuses and wage increases whenever they can.
Cons
Not all units are the same in their job ethics and appreciation of their workers.
Very friendly and I loved the people there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 21, 2017
I really learned a lot working there and I can use what I learn and put it to when I go to nursing school. I also got to further my education and learn more about medicine and giving great patient care
Nice place to work, friendly staff.
Nursing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 12, 2017
I love working in Pediatrics. Sometimes it is the highlight of my day. I have great co-workers who are always willing to lend a helping hand. Manager is very understanding and flexible.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
getting pulled to different units
Amazing
Facility Services (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2017
Working at Covenant has been an amazing experience. The coworkers I have the pleasure talking to are all nice, the staff is friendly and cooperative, the coordinators are understanding and polite.
Pros
Your badge is your best friend
Cons
breaks and flexible scheduling
Great work place
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2017
Great work place!! I worked outdoors and loved it. The people were great and I still have friends there!! The supervisor was very professional and informative.
Pros
Health insurance was great, coworkers was awesome
Cons
Driving conditions were sometimes questionable
Its ok
Home Care Liaison (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 29, 2017
great company! The coworkers are the best part. Management is very unaware and always in their offices! Best a lot of relationships which can help in the future
Understaffing
Resource Team (Float) RN (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 25, 2017
Overall Covenant Healthcare is a great organization to work for. However, they have been plagued with high census, low staffing almost continuously for the past couple years. They have only recently finished adjusting the patient-nurse ration grids to an adequate level. But with that, came worsening understaffing.
So in preparing for your shift, you almost expect to be somewhat short staffed but in during some waves of census/staffing needs, I have found myself to be working severely short staffed or with staff from unrelated units (NICU, OB).
They are actively attempting to fix these issues but have had to institute mandatory overtime at times and in the process, have offended the nursing staff with incentives only to take them away. Even without the mandatory overtime, they will call to see if you can pick up almost every night you do not work. This has turned into a high level of nurse/nurse aid burnout.

Management has a very positive and gratuitous attitude. The organization has given small house wide bonuses to "thank" for the employees hard work during the high stress times. The past two year, nurses have seen decent raises to attempt to match competitors wages and bring in more area nurses.
The staff who work at Covenant have a strong team-oriented attitude. With few exceptions, I always felt that my peers had my back.
Pros
great staff, bonuses
Cons
understaffing
Stressful and understaffed
Food Service I Worker, Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 19, 2017
The kitchen is continuously understaffed, which makes the amount of work per individual at least double.
Coordinators are get-the-job done people until it's too much work to talk to someone. Manager is a polite woman.
The hardest part of the job is the people that you work with. Customers are rude, and so are coworkers.
Good culture, good education compensation
Transitional Care Unit Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 13, 2017
Educational benefits very helpful. Respected hospital in area. Work culture is positive and patient focused. Advancement supported and encouraged by management.
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 9, 2017
The company itself is very good place to work, it depends on the department but overall it's a pretty good place to work. My department was great most of the time
Great Place
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 26, 2017
Great company with benefits and facilities. Sad to be leaving. The hospital I worked at had lots of opportunities to grow and learn as a professional. Highly recommend them to anyone.
Productive and great place of work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed my working experiences at covenant health system. I work a night shift and it was very hard to switch to a day shift because there was no openings.
Pros
Great pay for my type of job.
Cons
Hard to move around the company
Great place to advance
Performing a variety of receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 23, 2017
I work third shift and Covenant is a great place to grow. Workplace has employees, patient's, and families best interest. Disadvantage is the healthcare benefits.
Pros
Great place to advance in career
Cons
Healthcare benefits
enjoy workplace environment
Registered Sonographer (Current Employee) –  saginaw michiganMay 19, 2017
Covenant Healthcare has a good work environment. Enjoy the people I work with. Steady work flow, busy in and out patient schedule. Ultrasound is also utilized by ER consistently.
Supervisory experience provided.
RN Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed providing public health services. As supervisor, I was able to improve service delivery in the communities I was responsible for, as well as improve accountability for the region.
Pros
Public Health Services provided.
Cons
Compensation for work.
Great internship experience here
Echo Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 14, 2017
Its a great organized place to work, with very nice staff and learning opportunities. They are very involved with making sure you get the correct and proper training. Patients always come first here.
Receptionist, Data Entry, Billing (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 10, 2017
Sign patients in and out of the office, schedule appointments, check all patient information and insurance, billing, filing and phones, good cust service
Pros
Free lunches, OTC free med samples
Cons
nothing
Parking Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 5, 2017
All in all it is a good place to work. The bad part is you only get a 30 min lunch.some people can be rude at times but that is at any job. They always take pride to help you be healthy.
Pros
Life style
Cons
Short lunch
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  LubbockMay 3, 2017
I worked here many years and overall Covenant was good to me. It ended badly due to my Vice President and a restructure. I chose to leave the organization and relocate. The leadership at this time is the best I experienced in many years (except for the VP). I would recommend working at Covenant.
I do enjoy working here due to learning new things daily
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 2, 2017
work 12 hour shifts. see multiple patients. work at an urgent care facility. see different things daily. have to work every other weekend. have to work 3 holidays a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.