COVENANT HOSPICE

COVENANT HOSPICE Employer Reviews

Rewarding job with excellent co workers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Marianna FLJanuary 26, 2015
Hospice RN; Very rewarding experience working with patients and families. Company is family oriented and willing to go extra mile to ensure fairness.
Stars above aren't working. One if not the best job I ever had.
Chaplain (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the teamwork
Cons: changing policies.
Great company, great people. Pay could have been better, but the culture and atmosphere made it a worth staying with and the mission was unsurpassed. The challenge were the changes Medicare and other Federal policies kept forcing on us, but the job was being able to make a difference in people's lives. We became a team to make other people's lives better and deal with the end of life and losing loved ones.
Great Employers
Volunteer Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 28, 2014
The workers at Covenant really care about what they do and are committed to their patients.
Friendly work environment
Administrative Duties (Former Employee), Brewton, ALDecember 17, 2014
I did my Externship with this Organization, it is a good work environment.
Great Company
nurse (Former Employee), Panama City FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: pay, flexibility, hours, friendly, staffing, patient care
Cons: not enough room to grow, playing favorites.
Not a lot of room to go up on the ladder but it is a great company to work for.
Great place to learn from team approach care.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Milton, FLOctober 6, 2014
One of the best places to learn about palliative care. Had a blast learning from so many different angles of care team.
Palliative care and support CNA/HHA
Help counsel (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: amazing healthcare and benefits
Cons: had to use your personal car
I learned so much from my work with Hospice how to teach my patients and families how to cope during times of crisis . I learned how much of a difference a person can make in another's life .
Summary
Volunteer (Current Employee), Dothan, ALSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly
I volunteer with Covenant so my duties change frequently. I love volunteering with them because the atmosphere is friendly.
Hospice Care
Development & Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 22, 2014
Budget cuts can affect job security. Job advancement not always available for current employees
Awesome people
Volunteer- (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 4, 2014
The people here are awesome and I absolutely loved working in this environment.
Wonderful establishment. Pt first, quality care
LPN/32hr Flex (Current Employee), Dothan, AlApril 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, understanding and caring staff. patient care, goal oriented
Cons: not knowing when i am going to work and obtaining my hours each week
Flexible hours with great work environment. Great Clinical Manager and co-workers. Love at the bedside care and enjoy 12hr shifts. The hardest part of my job is not knowing when I am going to work and trying to obtain my hours each week.
A great place to work
Internal Education/Technical Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 28, 2014
A company that cares for their patients and their employees. A bad day at Covenant is better than the best day with another corporation.
Great place to work and never had any intention of leaving. But no job security.
RN, Quality Reviewer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 19, 2014
Great team work! Managers are great to work for and with. I believe in the mission/purpose of Covenant Hospice. Due to recent economical difficulties, no job security.
excellent place to work
RN PRN (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flexiability with work schedule
Cons: going out in areas that may not be safe
visiting patients at their residents who are hospice patients performing physical assessments reviewing medications. assisted with minimizing pain and other symptoms. Offered emotional and spiritual support.
Worst Run Hospice in the Country. Terrible Service!
Nurse (Former Employee), Crestview, FloridaFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: poor management, financial problems, overpaid senior management, underpaid staff, unrealiztic expectations of nurses, aides and staff. all around terrible company.
Covenant Hospice is possibly the worst run organization of its type in the United States. There are better hospices in the area to work for, and they also pay better and have better benefits. Covenant pays about half of what they are supposed to for mileage reimbursement, and expects salaried nurses to work more than 40 hours per week without any overtime. Corporate Management is a joke. They have no clue of what is happening in the field. The long term people within the organization do not embrace change, or new people. This company eats their young. Stay away! Don't believe anything they tell you.
Stressful work enviornment due to nature of job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Daphne, AlabamaDecember 30, 2013
On a scale of 1-10 (worse to best) would rate this job as 4. Company can work on teamwork approach. Felt like every nurse was for themselves at times.
Not a very stable company at present
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: administration, management
Cons: not reliable
administration was not good, best part of job was taking care of patients. I could always go home with the feeling that I helped someone today and in nursing that is what's most important to me.
staff was like a family with excellent team work and attitude
charge nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2013
Pros: teamwork
a typical day consisted of patient care with harmony and peace of mind. Management and co-workers and teamed together to assure comfort for patients with pain management and support for patients and families. the most enjoyment part of the job was knowing that patients and families showed appreciation for the love and care the staff offered
The people are great
Aministrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 17, 2013
I love this company. I just need to make a little extra money right now working part-time as well as my full time position.
good job
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 25, 2013
good job and decent pay. employer does not always value employees input