Covenant Transport Employee Reviews

Absolute garbage
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 13, 2017
They are the worst company I've ever worked for. They bully you to take loads. They are relentless if you ask for time off. They partner you out on the road with people who are unbearable.
Pros
Get to see the country
Cons
No solo opportunity. Force dispatch
Decent place to work if contractor
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 12, 2017
Worked on good projects until company changed IT to work less with customers and users and focused more on ticket system. i had a good experience as contractor
A start job for truckers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 11, 2017
A good start for coming out of truck driving school reliable equipment they have a good training process from student to trucker you will want all 51 states
Pros
Good started company
Cons
Team driving and home time
Fine app
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 7, 2017
Covenant is a fine company. I like working for them. I hope in the near future to be able to find a local job near my home. I miss my family and it is hard being away from them
There's a lot of work to be secure.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 4, 2017
There was a lot of information to take in. I've learned that trucking is very prominent business and it depends on the effort you put into your craft. Management is exceptional, they really care about any obstacles that you may have to hurdle, and help you to find a way to accomplish any goal you might have. The family atmosphere is the culture you will adopt. Adjusting to driving over the road, and taking in all of the info given to you. Positive job security if trucking is what you want to do.
Covenant Transport is a place of employment that I would highly recommend
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2017
A typical day with Covenant you did not sit long waiting on loads. I started out there as a student. I experienced driving in different climates cities states highways and byways to reach all types of destinations. Management was helpful. workplace culture was professional and orderly safety major with company. The hardest part of the was leaving the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the training with other co drivers.
Didn't take to team driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 26, 2017
Dispatch is clueless, pay is horrible, couldn't tell you who my dispatcher was. Not everyone was on the same page, is was very frustrating working for this company.
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
to many to list
Great Teamed Dispatchers and Best OTR Trainers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 20, 2017
Covenant Transport One of the best employers I have ever experienced,As a new no experienced Team OTR Driver Covenant Transport supported us in all matters
Pros
Great Team Dispatchers:Trainers and Management
Cons
hometime, getting home for hometime
good company to stay with
CDL driver team (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 11, 2017
Company is strong and reliable. Good benefits across the board. Not too many SOLO positions available, though. As a Rookie theyll assign you with the Older equip.
Pros
secure company good benefits good miles(team) only
Cons
not too many SOLO positions available
Very Active
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 11, 2017
Local terminal for over the road truck drivers, giving them down time with a secure yard to relax. Tracked high secure loads to assure on time delivery.
Productive Job
Class A CDL Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 10, 2017
If you love driving over the road then this is the job for you.Covenant is not one of the giants in the trucking business but there are just as competitive. They have great benefits and a giant fleet with new trucks. There staff is great in trying to get you work and if you know the trucking business you know that not so easy to do. They have professional trainers to help you understand the process and procedures of the job.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Driving all the time.
Bad company stay away
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 10, 2017
Company has a lot of internal problems not a good company
Best to stay away unless you want a lot of head aces
Comany tales a long time to make a decision and change thier minds frequently
Pros
Cons
Bad company
Its ok for new Drivers if you have nowhere else to go
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2017
This use to be the company to work for now its not you tend to outgrow this company and the extra b.s. really fast. Some people arent bad here its really the fleet managers that lie but i guess thats everywhere. The miles are low nowadays do to the new drivers they let pass without much training. The 1000 guarantee that most people come for realize they take what they give you back and it's gross not bring home that they add to
Pros
Good starter
Cons
Bad Fleet managers, low miles, lies lies lies lol, pay
na
Customer Service Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 5, 2017
was a great place to work until they let my director go.. after that, morale was down.. was moved under another director, who absolutely sucked balls.
covered two jobs while co worker was on maternity leave, bringing work home with me daily to make sure everything was done.
as soon as she returned from maternity, I was walked out the door
Pros
na
Cons
na
My first driving job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 28, 2017
Was a good job for my first driving job. can't say a whole lot about them because I worked for them 20 years ago. I got a lot of experience working for them.
A typical work day
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 26, 2017
Covenant Transport is a great company to start off your driving career. I had a good trainer that trained me in all the in and outs of being a CDL driver. I learned how to use the electronic logs, trip planning, and how to always stay professional at all times. The hardest part of the jobs was getting stuck in some areas with no communication until they find a load to get u moving. The most enjoyable part my job is driving and dealing with the customers.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
not enough dedicated or regional accounts
work environment good but management needed to get it together
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 15, 2017
they tell you what you want to hear to get you in and no consideration for the drivers, not good at all for managing the safety of their drivers while on the road.
Good company for starters
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 10, 2017
Good company, don't run dedicated amazon.
More miles mean more money. Home life has to beat sacrificed in order to see real money. Student pay grades increase over the first year, up to 1000 guaranteed depending on driver's availability.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Sacrifice home life
great job however not flatbed division
Truck Driver/Heavy tractor-trailer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 7, 2017
it was fun working for these guys i would love to go back if i could but great customer service and bonus they treat their driver well and great equipment top of the line
Pros
great bounus
ok company
Truck driver/ Delivery, U.S express (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 2, 2017
Ok company to work for with brand new trucks. Hall freight from all over the united states. The fleet managers were descent and the miles were ok as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covenant Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9