Covenant Transport

Covenant Transport United States Employee Reviews

lot of miles and loads
otr driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: long hauls competitive pay, great structure
Cons: disorganization from day shift to night shift. lack of communication
covenant transport is a great starter company if you have no experience at over the road driving but once you realize there are better company's out there, you will want to change companies
The money wasn't worth the time I spent away from home.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), chattanooga, tnApril 5, 2015
Pros: got paid to travel and see the country.
Cons: travel was all i did. it's exhausting.
It was usually a 14 hour work day: get up, pretrip, drive a few hours, break for lunch, drive more, pick up/deliver cargo, fillout/file paperwork, sleep. repeat.

I learned how to stay cool under pressure and not let things like blizzards and fog and ice and TERRIBLE drivers scare into making a mistake. this is the kind of job where you make one mistake and best case scenario you get $400 ticket, worst case, someone dies. You need to be calm and cool and collected and more observant than you've ever been.

My fleet managers were friendly enough, we got along pretty well and they gave me some good runs sometimes, but not most times. they claim that you should be making about 30000$ your first year, I only made 22000. unacceptable. They did tell me I was one of their best drivers though and asked me to be a trainer for new drivers before I left the company.

I drove with 6 different co-drivers. some were just a terrible fit and we both recognized it, others fit pretty well but we still didn't last long. when you live with one person in a tiny box 24/7, you have put up effort to try and get along and sometimes that's hard to do.

the hardest part is being away from home for 90% of the year and having next to nothing to show for it.

the best part is that you sometime go through these tiny towns no ones heard of but they have the best food in the whole world and you're just like how have i not been eating this my whole life?!?!?!
Depends on the "Fleet Advocate"
Long haul CDL team driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2015
There are many terriic people working at headquarters but the ones who really control your life are the "fleet advocates". (Fleet managers essentially). If you ahve a good one wall is well but if you have a difficult one you will be miserable.
Student Based Company
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee), TNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: First year pay (team only), Always had been home on time, Some "ok" dispatchers (if you're lucky).
Cons: Force dispatch, under staffed, disrespectful management, under valued, easily replaceable, pushed to become a trainer, trainers can't sleep much, you can't pick your loads obviously
Is this company good to get a quick year or two in for experience? Yes. Is this company one you want to retire from? By no means. Covenant Transport started off pretty good with me going through their military program and all. This made pay a lot better. I was making 0.44 cent per mile for half miles as a team driver for my first year. You figure up your pay per mile with hazmat retention, team hazmat pay, mileage pay, and per diem mileage pay. This all added up to what I just put up there. I made an average of $1000 a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less. Got a penny raise per mile after one year of no accidents. Pretty sad raise. My Co driver and I drove as many miles as possible in a week. At times going over 6000 miles a week. Management has changed this year in 2015. A new fleet manager decided to start talking to us with complete disrespect and like we were children. Attitude every day is what we would get. We ended up standing up for ourselves and refused a load for the way we were treated and talked to. We ended up being terminated in Texas and had to find our way to Florida from there. Being terminated by them was the best thing to happen to my Co driver and I. We now are doing business with companies that actually respect drivers and don't treat you like dog feces. If you can avoid this company, I recommend it, unless you can't get employed elsewhere. They say they are Christian and family oriented. It's a play of words. My whole family is Christian, these people are far from it. You deserve better than this. This pay is decent as a team driver for your first year or two. Just remember, you're nothing but a number that they have no problem replacing the next day. Once you're in, you're a number.
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Loved working here despite the long hours. Great Pay. Limitless opportunities for advancement. I didn't like having to work with others but other than that I have nothing bad to really say.
If you can't say anything nice...
OTR Driver Tractor Trailer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: everything
Poor Company to work for. Liars Payroll rips you off weekly. Had to fight for owed pay weekly. Not a Christian company as portrayed.
A great place to work.
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 2, 2015
delivering general freight to customers and using the computer and map reading and seeing all forty-eight states.They have excellent equipment and great co-workers.
Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: they take care of their drivers
Cons: not enough home time
would drive for them again but have lost my passion for driving across county looking for a new career
good for newbies
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: patient teachers
Cons: they have no idea what can be done
for new drivers it's a good place to start as they consistently walk you through every step of handling yourself out on the road. limited expectations of speed and work ethic. that's why they require teams, they expect 4-6k miles out of a team and even governed I enjoy running 4-5k/week
Fleet Manager and Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
• Tracking and tracing tractors through out the evening,
• Maintain positive and productive communication with drivers in order to deliver on time, prevent service failures and reduce turnover.
• Get ETAs and conformations on load assignments through out the evening,
• Develop an effective working relationship with assigned drivers and understand the needs and performance of each driver; responsible to communicate and establish expectations for performance, conduct, and safety, while providing ongoing feedback to the driver.
• Manage and solicit business from specific or assigned number of customers by using available capacity.
• Negotiate frate rates with customers which do not have contract rates.
• Commit to and receive details customer load information via all ways of communication while keeping customer informed any changing information and update status of loads.
• Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of customers.
Travel
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: everything has to be timely
Cons: given the choice of where you would like to spend time off.
traveling long hours took a lot of getting use to.th hardest part of this job was learning how to calculate time using the rules and regulations of the state DOT, as well as remembering all the document needing to be completed at each pick up and delivery location. the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to travel around the world and see the beautiful sights created by God!
Good company
Long haul truck driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 14, 2014
Good equipment. Never sitting waiting for a load. Quick response from your dispatcher and safety bonuses.
Good company overall.
Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2014
Management strict enough to keep people working efficiently and in line but lenient enough to keep people happy. Coworkers were all enjoyable to work with. Would definitely return.
Productive and fast, exciting place to work
Fleet Manager/Load Planner/Customer Service (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: relationship between coworkers and management
Cons: communication of frontline worker to management, needs on of internal staff
Great company to work for at an entry level position but very hard to move up within the organization without having ten plus years of experience. Culture is great for the most as the company generally cares for its staff members.
2yrs went to all 48 states that was exciting to see the west
Certified Trainer; Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 29, 2014
Pros: saw country became a certified trainer for the company
Cons: more 0 check because of cheep labor if you added a 1 in front i would be a trillion heir
nobody said to me there was snow in the desert.. saw sights enjoyed
the 1st year after that looking for money
Reasonable place for a trucker to make a living.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good miles for team drivers
Cons: not very good if you like hometime
Its pretty straight forward. Same as any other OTR company. You get up in the morning or at night and drive all day or all night. Take very little time off. It was rough being a team driver with covenant working in such close proximity to your co driver, however I happened to meet my current fiancé with covenant so at least they did something right. Actually not a bad place to work if you don't mind the team aspect of things. I just want local work so I left and came home to Washington state.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2014
main responsibilities detailing your collection, transportation & delivery duties, fixing mechanical faults and resolving other problems.
A great place to see the states and make some money.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hutchins, TxOctober 6, 2014
It is a job that requires a month of driving before home time and the person needs to be able to drive up to 10 hours a day to keep up with pick up and drop off times. One must be able to operate a Qualcomm and drive in a safe manner for the protection of other drivers, your co-driver and, most importantly, your own safety.
Large company
Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: have to stay out on the road to long to get quality hometime.
Large company, decent equipment,good pay.Have to stay out on the road to long to get quality hometime
good benefits
Truck Driver (national) (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: got good miles
Cons: not enough pay
Had a nice co-driver, saw the 48 states, learned how to drive better

1 2 3 4 5

About Covenant Transport

Young people rely on Covenant House to keep its promises. The not-for-profit group offers outreach and crisis centers for homeless – Read more

Covenant Transport Salaries