Covenant Transport Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate America at its Finest!!
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2016
This company is good only if you have your Hazmat if you do not they treat you like you do not exist and bring it up every day "you should get your Hazmat".

I resigned because every load we got was cancelled.

Make sure you do not live paycheck to paycheck. When you resign they hold your last paycheck for up to 21 days. I resigned two weeks ago and I still have not received mine. Horrible company. I have never heard of such a thing. I usually recommend past trucking companies to other people especially as I am also a carer coach, but this company will go as one of the worst trucking companies to work for.

This company also has a horrible safety record, because of that you have to go into 98% of open scale houses. You also get stopped at all roadside inspections.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
The whole company is a con artist
Pretty Awesome
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2016
This is a company worth being at working for and never leaving. Career driven, family oriented and great staff. First company to work for right out of trucking school. Loved how they took care of my as I took care of my family. I could go on and on; you would just have to see for yourself.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
weekend dispatch
Company does understand the drivers side
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 6, 2016
Loved to work for this company. They trained me, they gave me a truck and where up to date with technology making it easy for me to deliver payloads safely and accurately even if I had never been to the area.
Pros
Caring Company
Cons
Never let them send you on grehound
Recruiting Clerk
Assisting recruiters (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Typically day includes meeting drivers and verifying employment and driving history. Very fast paced and goal driven company. The hardest part of the job was having too many drivers in one weeks time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The owner and family are very nice people and allow the employees to have a spiritual meeting every Wednesday at lunch. Great environment to work for.
Good learning experience and resource full
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37419May 23, 2016
Working on trucks, learned to repair trucks, work well with others, and learned to efficiently finish projects.
Management could be better, but co workers are 5 star.
Bad for drivers
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2016
Bad company bad dispatchers no pay raises in years this company has had a bad reputation for years. Its the management! Stay away from this company
Pros
YOU HAVE A JOB
Cons
rEALLY BAD FOR TRUCK DRIVERS
great company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2016
covenant was my favorite company, i liked the pay and the conditions, wished the had more loacal opportunities, i reccomend people here all of the time, best company ive worked with
Pros
good pay
Cons
home time
Lots of driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed being on the road for the 3 months I worked with this company, I was able to see a lot of the country delivering loads and picking them up
productive fun work place wit ping pong table in break room
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 14, 2015
Gained a lot of experience during training and over the road training.
Fun work place with supportive from the leaders in the company other over the road drivers.
The office is never over crowded with people there available to meet with you when ever.
This company also has its own hotel for employees
Pros
Free transportation around the city
Cons
Healthcare
Learning Place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2016
I started after high school and learned a lot of trucking. Meet a lot of new people. They have a lot of meeting so it is hard for management to help you make a lot of choices on your own. Lots of hard work and long hours.
Demanding occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2015
Main objective was to deliver the freight in a safe and timely manner, in order to carry out this task, America requires the truck drivers to undergo intensive training and once employed actively in the position to adhere to the stringent (DOT) safety rules which entails driving to the trucks log which prohibits the driver from driving too many hours and thus getting ample sleep and rest.
There was not much interaction with peers and management because I was employed as a solo driver which meant working independently most of the time. The hardest part of the job was probably the time frame that a driver was out on the road which was 3 to weeks at a time. If you married with kids, this was not an ideal situation but when that time came to head back home state, unhook the trailer and drive the truck back to the wife, it made it all worthwhile.
Pros
Got to see America
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time
Very religious and fired me after first major accident
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 20, 2015
I was not cited by police and no damage to other vehicles or injuries. This accident happened on October 21-22, 2015 in Dallas when there were 500 accidents on the city's poorly drained roads, but I was fired anyway.
ok co
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 30, 2016
working in fort benning ga loading materials on the rail head and transporting them to the yard i enjoyed working for this co I will work for them again
okay starter company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 25, 2015
Decent company to start with for over the road work. They can definetely work on better training for their employees on their automative systems in the trucks. The gps systems arent the greatest and dispatch isnt always the most helpful but thats any over the road company.
Pros
Decent pay permile
Cons
no home time
An evolving company
Ceva Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2015
This company has evolved in being better to server their company drivers. Mind you it is a slow progress but a progress none the less. They are looking out for the drivers in what they think is best. Some drivers might not agree with their way of thinking. But then again what company has been 100% in sync with employee. I hit an all time low in physical, emotional, and mental health. They fired but were very supportive and even set up some kind of account to help me through this trouble. So I left on good terms with them.
Pros
Understanding, and works with drivers.
Cons
Not so great on compensation
Fun place
Truck Driver (OTR)/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2015
It's a good company to work for. Their hotel is hideous however overall their care about their employees I worked here for a year an d enjoyed the nice staff. It's a teaming company so that takes a bit to get use to its not for everyone.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Dirty company hotel
Great Place to work
O.T.R/Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
I am still employed with this company and I love working for them I just want to explore my options and see what's out here in the work force being on the road is great but you tend to miss home and your family.
need i really say
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 25, 2015
its an over the road company their all the same when I was there the pay wasn't all of that but I had a great learning experience
OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2015
At first I liked the job. Getting to drive throughout the united states was a beautiful experience. As the time went on it was harder to stay away form home so I decided to find a local job.
Nice place to work with good hometime policy
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking to spend some time on the road, and if you don't mind having a team mate. One of the best pay rates for dry van/
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Extended time away from home