Covenant Woods Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Poor management.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 20, 2017
Poor management. They will save their own skin and put you under the bus. Don't be fooled by the pretty building. Nursing management is very poor. I feel sorry for the patients here. RUN.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Management will blame everything on you to cover their own skin.
not a good place to work
Former aide (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 17, 2017
Don't work here. You will be overworked. bad management. You will be expected to work multiple positions and will be given little to no rise. Very unorganized.
Pros
nice buliding
Cons
no help in the kitchen, You will work short staffed all the time, Management will not help out in the kitchen. Have to work six days a week.
Absoulely Love this work place
Hospitality Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAApril 18, 2017
This was my home away from home. I will never find a better place to work or a better family to be apart of. They will always be apart of my heart and never forgotten. If there was a way for me to be there I would never leave.
Pros
Everything, staff, coworkers, company
A nice place to work
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAApril 8, 2017
Friendly people, and working here does not feel laborious to me. The residents are wonderful. Not much advancement possibilities for those interested in Recreation, but a good place to get experience.
Wonderful residents
Server (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Good Steady Work

Residents are wonderful management is acceptable.
Beautiful part of Hanover county, hardest part of the job was being on your feet constantly,
Amazing work place!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALJanuary 5, 2017
Such an amazing experience to work there! Loved it with everything in me. Fell in love with the residents and couldn't had asked for a better job. Just have to follow the rules and don't get caught up witht he wrong people.
Awful place to work
Former employee (Current Employee) –  Health CareNovember 28, 2016
This is a awful place to work. No communication from management to the staff on the floor. Their fire happy and they report you to the state broad of nursing... The management and administration work together and everyone esle dont matter. This place is terrible. You will not last here.. It's a revolving door. My suggestion look somewhere else. Please!
Pros
It dont smell!
Cons
Terrible Management
Rewarding place to work. Friendly staff and residents
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAOctober 27, 2016
I enjoy coming to work. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Staff from all of the departments are energetic and love what they do. The residents are amazing. I have been at Covenant Woods for almost 10 years and am proud to be part of such a great team. I have worked at other LTC places and this company truly cares about their employees.
Horrible place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 17, 2016
This employer is constantly hiring for nurses I have never worked here but I know plenty who have and heard the stories about this employer. They have unrealistic expectations and when management needs to blame someone they blame the nurse or nurse aide to get the spot light off of them. They report nurses to board of nursing regardless if it is true. I have seen some of these reports come into the board. Horrible place to work just on the fact this charge nurse position has been posted 10 times this year .... talk about first impressions
Cons
Horrible management, high turnover rate, management doesnt take responsibility for thier actions they point and blame
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 7, 2016
Prepare food
Set up tables to get ready for residents
Management was ok kind of hectic
Great employees everyone was nice and friendly
Excellent place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMay 31, 2016
Covenant Woods offers a beautiful and comfortable working atmosphere with many amenities not only to residents but staff as well. In my 40+ year professional career, this is one of the nicest places I have ever worked. My job here is the first exposure I've had to a continuing care retirement community environment and it has been a wonderful experience. I hope to be able to retire from here when the time comes, as I know I could not find a better work place and wouldn't want to work elsewhere. Residents are friendly and warm, co-workers are congenial and do their best to work together and with others as a team to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits are very good and I love working with the residents
Cons
I have no complaints
Excellent management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMay 31, 2016
Great communication. It's obvious management cares about providing a safe and positive workplace and a great place for residents to live.
Pros
I was valued as a person by management
Cons
The residents act very spoiled
Great
Utility/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMay 16, 2016
Great small company to work for, easy to get along with everybody that works there.
bad management,
not to easy to advance in the company.
would recommend this job to some of my friends..
Beautiful building for the residents.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville,VirginiaApril 10, 2016
This is a private CC retirement company. I think they need to improve on the management style . I was disappointed that they do not take facts and investigation of an event and find the truth. They did not act on a situation to keep it from happening again. They passed it on to another unit, that put the resident and staff in a unsafe environment.
Pros
Bistro meal deduction from your pay check.
Cons
Send residents to the ER if they have a fall immediately to be evaluated by an MD.
management,co-worker
dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Hanover, VAMarch 31, 2016
there is not a lot of communication and there are some co-workers that is unruly and believe they are beyond perfect an doesn't work well with others.
Pros
develop good relationship with co-workers
Cons
no communication
Management terrible
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Nice place to work love the residents management is terrible that dont care about there employees and when they fired u they report everything to the state Board of nursing
productive
PCA (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALJune 25, 2015
great place to work just not enough pay. most enjoyable part of the job is the elderly that live there. Hardest part alot of responsibility
Covenant Woods
Server (Current Employee) –  Hanover, VAJune 8, 2015
It's a very lovely place to work. I enjoy most the joy I give to the residents that live there. I work with a vast majority of people. My co-workers are wonderful.
not a good place to work.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALOctober 6, 2014
would not recommend anyone to work here. it is not a good place to work
Wonderful
Private Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 17, 2014
I love working here able to learn different things opportunity to aim higher