Coventry Health Care Employee Reviews

solid company
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 12, 2017
Change is constant, as in any large company, especially in this industry. Mentors and coaching available, but employees are responsible for own development and career path.
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 12, 2017
Company was acquired by Aetna after I left so I don't really know what it is currently like. Was a good work environment when I was there but that was pre-Obamacare so many things have changed since I left.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Highly regulated, contentious relationship with government officials.
Very fast pace
Claims Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619October 7, 2017
Work environment is very fast pace, but very people oriented. There are a lot of company sponsored events. However there isn't much room for advancement.
Pros
People oriented
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Healthcare, need I say more
Accounts Payable Claims Tech (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2017
The pay was very low. It was nice that they offered work from home option. There was no chance for advancement. First level of leadership was great.
very productive working environment
Associate Tech Claims (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2017
Reviewing workmen's comp insurance bills. Processing bills to make sure all is correct on the bill. If an error would come up I would have to fix that edit before completing the bill
Pros
I liked the challenge of learning new things
Cons
No cons
First Health to Conventry
Hospitality Coordinator / Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 21, 2017
When I started the job, the company was First Health. Once bought out by Conventry, my department was eliminated. Therefore I'm really unable to see how things worked with the new company.
The company really cares about it's employees and customers
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PASeptember 15, 2017
Coventry Health Care was bought by Aetna a few years back. The work culture was nice and diversified. The work environment is fast paced but the company provided many resources to ensure you were able to do your job.
Pros
The company accomodates it's employees as best as possible.
Cons
Stressful
temporary
pharmacy tech clinical (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Short term employment based on company trying to implement new strategy did not work well. too many chiefs in one place. hours were good pharmacist in charge was great
Pros
Cons
short term
Stressful and unorganized
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Poor management and work culture. Opportunities for advancement based on who you know and not on the job you did. You received limited training on something that was not your primary function and then were not asked to do that function for months then when call volume dictated it you were put on the phones for that with no type of refresher training.
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities
Overall & Typical Day
Assoc Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Ok company to work for but stressful and a lot of micro managing

Typical Day
 Proactive customer service, acting as a liaison between medical/dental/vision offices and patients (members) relaying thorough medical/dental/vision benefits for 50,000+ employees within 10 companies throughout the U.S.
 Managed high volume of calls on a daily basis. Responded to multiple verbal and written inquires and prioritized follow-through
 Resolved all benefit/claim billing questions and disputes, minimizing customer complaints. Offered expedient, understanding, compassionate, as well as positive resolutions to member problematic and stressful issues
 Provided professional, strategic support & project coordination to Department Manager working independently on complex & highly confidential assignments
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 31, 2017
This was a great company to work for. They offered their employees great benefits, 401K, Stock options, and health plans. They trained their employees on different computer software. They had different medical training classes for the employees who worked in the managed care department. It was a great company to work for.
Pros
job training
Cons
stock options, 401k, health plans
Company has closed
Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 30, 2017
This side of the company was sold. The office location is no longer open. It was purchase by another healthcare company. While here, no room for growth
The commute to and from work was convenient for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
Researched customers information by effectively using internal technical tools in response to inquiries including but not limited to authorizations payments denials coordination of benefits and eligibility.
Interesting work
Quality Health Insurance Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed training, mentoring, and approving large dollar claims. This job included a variety of things each day. The only reason I no longer work here is because our department was transferred to Arizona.
Pros
Variety of work
Over all I loved the job- there were oportunities to get monthly bonus- based on your billing and if it went over the required hours for the month.
Filed Case manager (Former Employee) –  Home base FloridaAugust 14, 2017
Field case manager-Coordinated all medical care for injured worker- attended medical apts with the client- expedited all new orders so that there was no delay in care-evaluated medical care for medical necessity and appropriateness- ongoing contact with adjuster Employers providers, PT, Attorneys for update to med/Voc status- Pursued Return to work once medically appropriate- teamed with employers and adjuster for a return to work within restriction. and eventual Full duty in order to bring the file to closure. My case load had high acuity and many were being seen by multiple providers- some up to 9 providers at a time. Also multiple Catastrophic claims.
There were many opportunities for continued learning- which I took advantage of i.e new computer programs that were implicated.
The management was very good and had an open door policy and would assist you whenever they could.
The culture had a strong ethics policy and understanding of our needs and the stress that there was at times.
Hardest part of the job was attending multiple apts in one day- some up to 5 a day- usually though 3. Also making sure that all new orders were coordinated in a timely fashion- i.e. surgery scheduling, coordination of PT, MRI, DME needs and if client is hospitalized insure that all discharge orders were coordinated and completed so that the client could be discharged as scheduled.
The most enjoyable part was working with the clients and see them getting better and be able to RTW in a safe and appropriate setting.
Pros
Woeked from home
Cons
Various report styles from multiple insurers and there expectations-
appeals and grievance
Appeals and Grievance Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 6, 2017
no comments......it was a nice building, a nice team, no training, management poor at best, cut throat....no learning opportunities, issues with special people, special benefits
Pros
good pay, nice building, nice team
Cons
cut tthroat, rude management, racial issues
Bought by Aetna
CARE Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 28, 2017
It was a good position with a good team. My department was a little stressful because we dealt with people's money. A stable, Monday through Friday job.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Stressful
Great place to learn and move forward in the Insurance Industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2017
I had an excellent CEO and Regional Operations Supervisor that saw my potential to work well with customers and my attention to detail.

They allowed me the opportunity to move forward with additional responsibilities and the benefit of participating in sensitive projects that were available only to a selected few.
fair place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 21, 2017
This company is sourced through Xerox which is a call center. There isn't very much cultural diversity. Sometimes your breaks are shortened of postponed. The pay is okay, management can sometimes have favorites
Company insight
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 21, 2017
This was a great company to work for with the exception of little room for advancement from my particular roll. Management was focused and driven to deliver quality to their customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coventry Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.