Coventry Health Care

Coventry Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive and nice place to work
Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Management team is very supportive.

Training and cross training are provided and welcome as we all work together and support one another when necessary.

Great group to work with.
I felt like part of a loving family.

The hardest part was leaving when our jobs were sent overseas.

I am forever greatful for the knowledge and friends that I gained through this experience.
MCPS Rate Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2016
 Analyze rate definitions and develop program codes to automate hospital contracted rates in the Managed Care Pricing System (MCPS).
 Work within strict time frames to interpret and implement hospital rates into the MCPS.
 Analyze contract language and assign appropriate rate categories/definitions for new and renegotiated contracts for First Health Group Health and Worker Compensation
I was originally hired through a temp agency but was eventually offered full time, permanent employment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 26, 2016
Work was challenging and rewarding. I was allowed to work independently and my ideas for improving office procedures were welcomed. The office was attractively decorated.
Pros
The job got done in a relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
work in the call center was very demanding
Not a positive environment to work in. Very toxic.
Integrated Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2016
You're hired to do a specific task but given many other responsibilities and constantly threatened with write-ups or job loss. Everyone is out for themselves and there is no support from management.
Pros
potlucks
Cons
unrealistic goals, very stressful
Fun work environment at times
Provider Relations Administrator/Work Comp CSO (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2016
Definitely one of my favorite jobs to have had thanks to the management staff. They would go over and beyond to show their appreciation to the staff for all the hard work. Team pot lucks, catered luncheons, cook outs, little prizes when employee did an outstanding job
Pros
team building
Cons
n/a
Health Concierge / Senior Health Concierge (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 25, 2016
Management including staff all strive to better every day processes including the handling of escalations or business needs. The hardest part of the job is that you have to find the answers to things you may need its not a simple customer service manual but you have to do the research. Some people may enjoy this while others get frustrated.
Pros
aetna company
Cons
office
big company with poor follow through
Aetna Field Case Manager RN for Workman (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlaJuly 27, 2016
Poor place to work , errors between each department you work with are frequent and it is hard to accomplish things. There is no help if you have trouble with your manager, you will get no help. Everyone is just running around trying to not get in trouble ,or to get their work done . They do not help you. Frequent new programs are set up rolled out then a few weeks later cancelled. There is constant learning and new standards to be met. Very revenue based company. They do have very good benefits for the employees , just excellent.
Pros
if you have a good manager you can make good money
Cons
A bad manager and you will have no success and noone will help you
Fun and productive environment
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 7, 2016
Started working at Coventry in March 1993. Was a Accounts Receivable Rep in 1996. I ensured the accounts were reconciled daily. In 2002 was promoted to a supervisor. The review is the same like it was for Aetna because Aetna bought Coventry.
Coventry was an over all great comapny to work for.
User Acceptance Tester (Former Employee) –  West Valley UtahSeptember 26, 2016
I really learned a lot at Coventry. It is where I got my start in to contracting which I am currently. I enjoyed learning new things and also getting to know a lot about the company.
Pros
Nice people and environment
Cons
The office was far from my home.
Constant threats by upper management
Sr Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
I worked at Coventry as an Oracle DBA. I was in charge of all data base security. When HIPPA was scheduled to come in later in the year I brought to the attention of upper management and execs that I
had wanted to correct some serious security issues that would cause major HIPPA violations. I was told I could not make the changes required to meet the HIPPA standards.

I told them if they did not allow me to implement the security changes and refused to provide me with an letter from a VP or higher in the operations and IT division indicating that I was prevented from implementing the changes. Amazingly, they offered me appx a 17% salary increase if I would stay and help mitigate the damages. Of course I told them no.

Worst position and worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Constant threats to employees, pressured to cover up security issues, complete mismanagement.
Nice place to work.
ASSOCIATE SERVICE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PADecember 26, 2016
Great working environment. Lots of special events were planned for employee appreciation. Team work environment. Very nice company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches.
appeals
Appeals Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 4, 2017
i was okay with this job but i moved to the appeals department and it was a nightmare i liked my co workers and it was a nice place to work i just didn't like the appeals deparment
Productive & Fun
Customer Comm. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2016
typical day at work but enjoyable, different case each day
Fridays are the best days
teamwork was exciting and you're able to learn on a daily basis while being entertained
was a very nice place to work, celebrated birthdays, holidays..etc.
Invoice Print Associate Service Ops Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2016
Was with the company almost 9 yrs,
Friendly place and got along with all my co workers , constanly busy, great hours.
When in situations they would work with you where needed to come in early / to make up time.
Pros
they provide sometimes, lunches
Cons
insurance
Great Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 22, 2016
Great to their employees - compensation
Benefits are awesome - cheap
Perfect work load - even
Fair expectations - realistic
Great coworkers - no problems
Great boss - great relationships
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay caps at certain amount
Job Advancement
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2016
I work for Coventry for a number of years and the one thing that sticks out above all else is the push to improve and advance their employees. They help you attend classes and I was given a chance to attend classes on the job during work hours.
Strong team
Sr. Analyst, Medical economics and Actuarial team (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 16, 2016
I worked in different departments in Coventry which then merged with Aetna, work-life balance is very good. There are many challenging projects if you are interested to grow in career.
Pros
Remote work, understanding managers, flexible work times
Cons
less feedback and motivation to grow and do better
Strict
Associate Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PADecember 4, 2016
The company wasn't very flexible. They did not offer much OT. The Senior/Management team were less terrible. More room for growth than current position.
Not worth the aggravation
OPERATOR III BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (Current Employee) –  Coventry, RIMay 9, 2016
Due to the field in which BSC works they want you to make as few mistakes as possible. They'll tell you during the meetings that if you need to take your time and slow down to make sure that the task is completed correctly the first time, then that's fine. Yet if you don't get everything done that they expect to happen, because they don't take into account how much time things actually take; they'll ask you why you to tell them why it didn't get completed. Heaven forbid you should tell them that it was because you were working on "X, Y, and Z," because they'll tell you that it's unacceptable and you need to work faster. This is merely one situation, but it happens CONSTANTLY!
Summary
Triage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
Come in and work is loaded to us for triage, management is wonderful in not be micro managed. Enjoyable part was the team and cohort working with. Learned team work and priority of work for making sure work is completed.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coventry Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.