The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the social media marketing efforts for Cover FX. You are the resident Social Media expert and will develop the overall strategy and create a roadmap for all existing and emerging social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc). You will ensure the brand messages connect with the right audience, at the right time, and in the right place to positively impact customer behavior and attitudes. You will also be responsible for ensuring the integration of word-of-mouth/viral campaigns, develop new concepts/partnerships, content syndication, online advertising, traffic generation, blogger relations, social media and the use of web analytics.
This position is part strategist, part hands-on tactician; you will be capable of envisioning, leading and implementing.
- Develop a social media plan that includes an understanding of both technical requirements and business requirements, and overall support for the coverfx.com website.
- Monitor trends in social media channels, tools and metrics and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the effectiveness of social media and develop new concepts and partnerships.
- Work with CRM to measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts and establish common metrics and benchmarks.
- Create the social media editorial calendar, craft content and plan engagement activities that support social channel growth.
- Partner with the internal teams, vendors and retail partners to develop initiatives and partnerships for social media campaigns.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership on how to develop social media capability including talent, skills, tools and platforms and how to make better marketing mix decisions.
- Capture and report relevant performance metrics for the campaigns across social media.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams, such as search marketing and PR, to leverage organic/paid activities and amplify the brand when appropriate.
- Conceptualize, design, create and manage content for social media and social media campaigns and generate buzz through viral marketing initiatives.
- Perform ongoing competitive intelligence related to social media to help Cover FX maintain competitive advantage.
- Interpret data and regularly report back on key social media insights including providing actionable recommendations to drive brand awareness, affect purchase intent and improve product development.
- Brief and work with digital agencies to produce promotions, applications, landing pages, etc.
- Partner with PR agencies in executing and securing online press.
- Minimum 2-3 years of social media marketing experience
- BS/BA required.
- A PR background preferred but not required
- Experienced in managing social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.
- Highly analytical mind with an affinity for creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Must be able to develop content with the voice of the brand.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work collaboratively; cross functionally with the creative, product, business, PR and management teams.
- Impeccable writing, communication, presentation and relationship building skills.
- Independent self-starter; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience developing social media strategies.
- Experience establishing and maintaining professional partnerships in the social media space.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Understands, and has a passion for what customers are reading, watching and listening to.
- Hands on experience using social media management and analytics platforms including Radian6, Buddy Media, Hootsuite, Sysomos etc.
Indeed - 19 months ago