Are you Covidien?
As a global, $11+ billion healthcare products leader, we deliver outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today’s rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
COVIDIEN, a world leader in disposable medical devices, has an immediate opening for an Account Manager for the Surgical Supplies Division within an assigned territory.
This highly visible position, reporting directly to the Region Manager, is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by advancing high quality medical supplies, utilizing a solution based concept sale to the hospital marketplace within the assigned territory.
1. Discover customer priorities through current state assessment to determine pain points, economics, quality of care issues, staff morale and beyond.
2. Effectively build an account plan which incorporates consolidated account-level data on sales, short term and medium term goals and customer mapping with VAC members and other stakeholders.
3. Demonstrate ability to go broad with a value analysis committee (VAC) or similar personnel by sharing a mix of both economic and clinical messaging with key decision makers.
4. Use Salesforce.com and Cognos to research account data, capture key finding about VAC members and input pertinent business data to allow for accurate forecasting.
5. Convert product’s technical features and benefits into financial/safety related messages per relevant audience.
6. Identify, prioritize and recruit potential clinical and economic champions according to relevant criteria. Prepare champions for VAC meetings.
7. Build rationale for a clinical evaluation with key decision-makers so that the evaluations are expected to succeed an intended primarily to demonstrate clinical acceptability.
8. Identify opportunities to efficiently deliver hands-on training outside of the OR and selectively prioritize opportunities to be physically present during product use.
9. Develop pre-call plans for quarterly reviews with customers: defining data to share, issues to discuss and agreements/action plans to pursue.
10. Collaborate and invite colleagues from other COTs to join at appropriate discussion points with customer to drive cross-portfolio sales.
11. Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives including assigned quota uplift.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Utilize technology and data to analyze territory, effectively target accounts and pre-call planning.
2. Organize and maintain storage locker, samples and other sales material.
3. Maintain knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including, GPO’s, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
4. Interact with Marketing, Customer Service, and other internal departments.
5. Resolve customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative’s
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of two years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment, preferably tangible products (i.e. office equipment, copiers, payroll systems, information systems)
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management is required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration.
PREFERRED SKILLS /QUALIFICATIONS:
- A demonstrated track record for meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Previous history of quota attainment
- Documented history of exceeding customer requirements
Drive Towards Success, Building Relationships, Exploring and Expanding Opportunity, Articulating Value, Customer/Territory Acumen and Healthcare Economics
Effective organizational and motivational skills necessary to perform related duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Covidien is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.