Covidien Employee Reviews

Production Planner is a great opportunity
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 16, 2016
Analyzes production specifics and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes and tools. Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture.
Manages production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
Very good
Q. C Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 16, 2016
When I was perform the job there I was very good worker and get along with every one there. My boss always told me that I do a good job and helping out with the team .The culture was very good and clean enviroment. The manangement is very nice. My hardnest part of job was to deal with the situation and tried to solve the problems when there is a problems. I enjoyed work there because becauce I have agood team and every one are very nice. Ihad learned alots from my team work and I had a good leadership.
Pros
LUNCG IS VERY GOOD
Cons
HEALTH CARE IS VERY GOOD
Work with twenty seven machines
Weaver (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 1, 2017
My typical day start at 3:30 PM. Regular schedule is usually Monday through Friday. Once I clocked in I go to my work area. The next thing is do is check the cloths for defects for all twenty seven machines.
Pros
Good Bonuses, nice mangers
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MANovember 15, 2016
Great company to work. Great benefits great rate of pay. They offered free gym membership, great hours and a full cafeteria that served breakfast and lunch. it was very resourceful for every employee
Pros
Great lunch rates with easy access
Cons
short breaks
Communication between departments could have been better.
Sales Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 19, 2016
Generally an okay place to work, but I did not see much in the way of communication and collaboration. Everyone pretty much stuck to themselves creating a somewhat difficult culture.
Productive, good place to work, they really care about their workers, lots of training, health check ups etc.
Production Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 12, 2016
A wonderful and interesting company to work for, the Surgical Dept. 757 was very interesting because they train you constantly how to make surgical instruments used in all the hospitals in the world.
Pros
Throw water balloons at Dept. Managers, Holiday Free Lunches, great employee benefits
Cons
driving to company site in a blizzard.
Past and Present Business
Work as Key Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaDecember 28, 2016
I have a successful sales record in many accounts , I lunched many products and standardized my brand items in hospital departments also created data base for customer relationship as CRM
A good company with an organized approach to growing the business.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Home office at Hazelwood, MOAugust 18, 2016
I would say overall that Covidien was a good company to work for and I valued the time I was employed with them. New product development or quality co-promotions were lacking, as well as a realistic opportunity to maximize the comp plan. A very positive outcome from these challenges was a constant honing of my sales skills on a daily basis in order to deal with some of the objections and indifference I encountered in the field. Most of the products were rather old, expensive and often times needed prior authorization as they were positioned as brand/generic in most cases by changing the indication or dosage. Development of strong trusted relationships and solid sales skills were a must in my position.
Pros
A good good sized budget in order to develop and cultivate business relationships
Cons
Older products, lack of cutting edge newer products in the pipeline.
Great place. Not sure how it is under Medtronic
Senior Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 8, 2016
The people and the company were great. They were acquired by Medtronic and I cannot comment on how the new structure performs.
Pros
Great people, flexible
Cons
new management
Great way to save for college
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYDecember 5, 2016
It was a great learning experience and the people I worked with were great. Good work. Good pay. I was new to the medical device world but I caught on quickly with the help of a great trainer.
Not sure
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NENovember 25, 2016
not sure. Human Resource department is not fair and balanced. they seem to rule with a iron fist in manufacturing. there seems to be a lack of work life balance at all times
Pros
workforce
Cons
worklife balance
Excelent place to work
Area Director Caribbean & Central America (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 28, 2016
Great Leadership, fun place to work. My best experience with a company with a lot space to grow as personal and professional. I will repeat this journey again.
Great Place to work. The company has respectable benefits
MATERIAL SPECIALIST/ TRAINER/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
The hours can vary with this company. Product and service are among the best in the business. The level of work can be difficult but worth every effort. Promise future with no interruption. Staff motivates for highest potential. Management brings the energy to another level
Very good place to work at
Help Desk Analyst Intern - AskHR (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MANovember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. Everything they offered and how they treated the employees was just great. To bad there is no longer a Covidien
machanical set-up tech
machanical set-up tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 21, 2016
Very stressful, and no help from supervisors or higher management personnel with issues concerning problems with materials, machines or other employees.
Did learn better trouble shooting skills and more mechanical experience. learned more basic electronic detect sensor adjustments.
Hardest part was trying to fix issues and having more than one person coming to you for issues and not liking it if you didn't drop what you are doing to fix theirs.
I did make several great friends that I will keep in contact with.
simple job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 26, 2016
never advanced in position. simple and repetitive. third shift. packed and bagged adult diapers in boxes. stack on carts helped with cleanup and quality plenty of overtime and mandatory flip flop times for comin in and getting off.
Great place to work before Medtronic aquisition
HRIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 17, 2016
Covidien was a great place to work before it was acquired by Medtronic. Covidien employees were treated like second class citizens. Our opinions did not matter because the only way was the Medtronic way. Glad I'm not there anymore!
Pros
Onsite Gym
Cons
Sold to Medtronic
good work experience
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYSeptember 18, 2016
great work experience and nice opportunity to grow and develop till the plant shutdown and move to costa rica..........................................
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
plant shutdown
Lugar eficiente
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 9, 2016
Es una compañía donde puedes trabajar con motivación ya que los lideres y los supervisores te hacen sentirte seguro para proveer un excelente producto.
Pros
Comida gratuita
Cons
Short break, healthcare
too much overtime required
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 15, 2016
Overtime 6 days a week, work easy to many hours of repetition. Working late night shifts and sleeping most the day. Union job, low seniority required work extra hours
Pros
Extra money
Cons
no time with family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.