Covidien Employee Reviews

fast paced environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 14, 2017
only hired temp workers pay was not that much, wanted you to work afternoons then work mornings the next day, no time off let go after ninety days like every oneelse
Great products
Executive Energy Expert (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 7, 2017
Great products to represent but "good 'ol boys" culture in upper management. Upper management did not listen to the reps in the field for what the customer was asking for.
covidien
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441November 29, 2017
great company, great for people who loves to work overtime, but wake up way too early, demanding products, great management to run the team. loved overtime foods
Excellent workplace; now closed
Production Supervisor TED and PTC (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCNovember 22, 2017
A typical day was fast-paced and self guided. I created my own workflow and structure. Management was always available but not overbearing in any way. There was a high degree of communication and trust in management levels. As Buyer/Planner I learned to work effectively in teams, to manage purchasing with an $8 million budget, to schedule fast-paced work for 2 departments, to negotiate with vendors for cost savings projects, to find and lead my own CI projects, including managing controlled documents. As Production Supervisor I learned excellent people skills, how to get the best performance from my employees, and I created and managed a labor tracking tool for my department.
I most enjoyed the opportunity to learn from amazing performers while honing my skills in a high-accountability environment.
The company moved operations to Costa Rica and is no longer open in Seneca.
Pros
Ongoing training, good pay and benefits
Cons
Could be stressful
Its ok if you stick to your job and not worry about whats going on around you
Worker (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 18, 2017
I felt that they were more political and the way they rated your performance based on a point system was wrong. There was a lack of communication everytime the company was bought which was three times in my tenure there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of communication
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 13, 2017
I learned about quality standers. The day at work was well schedule. Management was helpful and gave me new opportunities to learn. The harder part of my job was no benefits. Most enjoyable was work with everyone.
great place to work if your full time.
Material Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 10, 2017
Great place to work just faced paced but over all very competitive and clean place to work. The only bad thing is I had no benefits for being a temp and very slow of hiring you in for full time position.
Covidien no place for Business Intelligence
Senior Data System Architect and Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 10, 2017
This company dipped its toe into business intelligence, and didn't have a clue what it was doing. It eliminated its R&D efforts in BI when a new CEO came in, and despite our projects success, the company terminated the whole shebang.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management change doomed BI efforts
fun and exciting place
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 9, 2017
covidien has decent potential for growth but they don't like to promote within making it difficult to advance and make more money without leaving the company.
Was a great place to work
Referb/Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 8, 2017
Productive fun workplace. Great boss and very nice co-workers. Very rewarding place to work, but there was no future there for me because of company restructuring.
Pros
Great people to work at.
Cons
Two year contract ended and the origination did not keep me. Restructuring
Nice clean enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
Nice clean environment to work in. Most people are friendly or at least respectful. The environment is very professional and your work schedule hours are consistent. Sometimes you may be asked to work jobs that are not in your job description.
Pros
Nice clean environment
Cons
Pay for all the jobs you do in addition to your job
A positive environment
Verification &Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of executing test protocols on medical devices and verifying software fixes.
I learned to communicate with team members in different locations.
Direct management was attentive and supportive.
Workplace culture was laid back
The hardest part of the job was the commute - 35 miles each way
The easiest part of the job - working with supportive colleagues.
Pros
Good salary, supportive manager and colleagues, holiday parties, team lunches
Cons
Long commute, project members not collocated
QC/Assembler
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 25, 2017
Construct the core of Catheter( the most important part of this Catheter) using a coil winding device.
Inspect to see if it matches all specifications.
The flow of the entire assembly line depends on this.
Out of business in the seneca area
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCOctober 20, 2017
Very good work environment. co-works are good to work with. The hardest part was that it went out of business. The most enjoyable part was to operator the machines.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No cons
Good Company
Sr. Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 19, 2017
Good Company, many opportunities, first career job out of undergraduate school. They paid for my graduate education. Management was fair but can get stressful.
Long time ago
Assemblyman of surgery equipment (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 16, 2017
I worked here a long time ago in Puerto Rico. Pay is very low although the workload is manageable. Jobs are hard to come by in Puerto Rico so this worked at the time.
nurse manager
Regional Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAOctober 13, 2017
Covered 13 states. Present to gain new medical device business, once new business gained traveled to educate said staff on the devices. Creating change in organizations.
Pros
travel
Cons
position downsized
Senior Tax Accountant - Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAOctober 2, 2017
It was a great place to work. We had a balance of work and personal time off. They pay well and have ok benefits.
They are a company who cares about your health and has a very nice gym for only a little each pay period.

Culture is team oriented and they genuinely care about their employees.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Medical
Needed to leave
Mold Tech and Mold Repair (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 27, 2017
I didn't mind working there just didn't like what I was doing I wanted to expand my work horizon and didn't think I could do it there. So I needed to move on.
Great place but...
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2017
Place was great to work for. The problem is that there is constant reorganizations and possibly lay offs. Its stressful knowing that every 2-3 years you could be one of the ones that are laid off. Otherwise company and most people there are wonderful to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.