Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work at
Customer Service - Technical Support (Current Employee), Boulder, COJune 19, 2015
Follow all work regulations to detail. Work with sophicated generators that is used by surgeons in OR. Troubleshooting to component level and keeping the customers stisfied. Self starter and always stay abreast of whats new or changes within the company. Very self sufficient and very reliable. Always finish work on time and don't mind putting more hours to finish the assignments.
Great Company
Medical assembler (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJune 15, 2015
Great company,good pay, but they do too much overtime. It's okay to have an friday and saturday ot,but not sunday. People need to rest and we have a life.

I like my co-workers,they talked in english,they are helpful,they shared new ideas,we help each other.

I learn to manage my time and how to do multiple task without any hassle.

The hardest part of the job was we had to stand for the whole 10 hours a day

the most enjoyable part was our potluck and when our supervisor has a free lunch for us.
ok job
Maintence tech specialist (Former Employee), augusta gaJune 12, 2015
it was a great place to work as far as the pay n benefeits but just wasent worth all the agervation with all drama among employes.
Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Boulder, COJune 9, 2015
Great place to work. However, you work a lot of hours and have a lot of responsibilities. I would enjoy the job more if I could stop working the off shifts. he company was just sold and I am not sure what the future holds for me or my career.
Fun place to work
Mechanical Engineering Co-op/Intern, Part-time (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJune 3, 2015
Covidien is a fun place to work, full of talented people. The best part of being an engineer at Covidien is the fact that surgical devices are very interesting products to work on.
Medical devices
Accountant II (Former Employee), Bedford, MAMay 31, 2015
Covidien does great work for it's patients.

Learned to a lot about manufacturing and procurement

Office environment needed a site head to keep individual departments working together.

My favorite thing to do was reconcile accounts.
Working with projects related to medical devices
Project Engineer (Current Employee), dominican republicMay 30, 2015
Follow up in activities for all types of projects.

Validation for all type of medical devices machine.

Nice place to work.
Productive and learning enviroment
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Ponce, PRMay 23, 2015
Enjoyed my working days always something to do.
Learned to work as a team.
liked working with my coworkers
Everyday was a challenging day .
Fast paced but good place to work
Divisional OpEx Manager (Current Employee), OmahaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and compensation, good opportunites for advancement, flexible work hours
Cons: Very Fast paced, often only focused on financial results
Covidien has been a great place to work with many opportunities to advance. The people are very committed to producing very high quality products and services.
Covidien
Line Lead (Former Employee), Argyle, NYMay 17, 2015
Covidien was a good place to work at. It gave you the chance to work over time and be able to progress if you wanted to. The people I worked with were great and I enjoyed the management there. I learned how to run many machines and also learned a lot about the product I was making. I would say the only thing I didn't like about the job was the drama, but that wasn't anyone's fault and when there were problems management handled it.
Really a very unpleasant environment
Mechanical Specialists (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: HOURS.MANAGEMENT .HOSTILE EVIRONMENT.
Everyone was nice to work with except other mechanics it seem that most would talk real bad behind your back about you and then take credit for your repairs are worse sabotage your work.anything to make them self shine was there goal not to be a team player for the common goals of the company.and the hour were terrible.all they really care about is getting cases out the door and quality was an issue – more... but over looked often.and machenery that should have been replaced long ago ask to repair and make production numbers consistently was the norm but dont make it happen and your bonus are every 16th day off is overlooked and there time keeping was terrible. Kronos what a joke if you work a 12hour shift most times you were given 4 points and for kronos to work correctly all plant clocks should be in sink but arent.and supervision wow they could care less as long as numbers are met they really should pay more attention to the mechanics who avoid working on a machine are shows up as soon as work has been completed by another mechanic.really hated that there are people like this hired and trusted as a quality mechanics.when your not a team player they hurt the company and other people they work with.with out remorse.production supervisors were a joke. most engineers were friendly and helpful.with a few exceptions.I WOULDN'T WANT MY KIDS TO FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS THATS FOR SURE. – less
The best company that i have ever worked for.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 28, 2015
For me a typical day at work is always good.I do what is expected of me, I have never had issues with co-workers, and I don"t know what it is to have a hard day at any job. I"am always happy to be on somebodies job.
Busy and opportunity to learn.
Associate II (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation.
Cons: occasional mandatory over-time.
A typical day at work would consist of working with an operator of a press, double checking spec for accurate information, packaging medical supplies, preparing packages for delivery, checking products for flaws, cleaning work area, and assisting co-workers with tasks. I learned how to become mechanically inclined with the shrink-line to a press. I learned how to teach others how to fix the press – more... shrink-line. I learned how to have an eye for detail and not to be afraid to ask questions. The management was well rounded and if I needed support I could go to the management. My co-workers were very knowledgeable with the system of the company. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet in steel toes all day, but after awhile I got used to it and the most enjoyable part of the job was that the company has a gym and a shower, which was nice to take a shower at lunch and start the second half of the day refreshed! – less
I like working for covidien but work is getting slow
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a month for hitting our safety goal
Cons: we had only two 10 min breaks
At work everyone is friendly we work as a team to get the tasks done. I leaned how to come together as a group to get the job done. the management is fair they acknowledge everyone that over achieves for the day. my co-workers have good people skills we always get the job done in less time then required. the hardest part of the job was to unload a container by hand once a week. the most enjoyable part the job was that if you would hit your goal every month the compony would give you a insentive.
Neat and clean environment to be in.
ta1 (Former Employee), Seneca, SCApril 20, 2015
Pros: clean, 401k, organized
Cons: management or the ways of the management
I enjoyed myself with this industry but the only bad was the communication from the management to the staff. But minus the management I believe this was a good place of employeement.
Decent pay and benefits however left a lot to be desired
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), North Haven, CTApril 19, 2015
Covidien is a great place to learn about the medical device industry. However, the work environment is very bland and dull.
It was a great place with great benefits
Material handler/Auditor (Former Employee), Greenwood SCApril 12, 2015
Pros: great breaks and great staff
Cons: it got a little hot sometimes but you just get use to it
Well first we had a nice briefing to tell us the goals of each day..we then went out on calmp lifts first gas then were switched to electric stand up to pick bills..we got the bills checked then loaded on the truck with someone testing the quality and tie off of the truck.
Would have retired from there if they did not move to Costa Rica
Shift Leader, and Senior Set Up Operator (Former Employee), Argyle, NYApril 11, 2015
Very nice place to work. I learned to set up and repair many types of machines. Management and co-workers were fair to work for. The hardest part of the job was loosing it. I liked the job and wish it was still here.
Not impressed with a lot about this company
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Not far from my home
Cons: management was poor
People were treated like numbers and there wasn't any real care in the work they did. There were many reasons why they should have been investigated.
Human Resources Help Desk
AskHR Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: The drive to work was good
Cons: The drive to work in snow were not so great.
A typical day at Covidien is to be ready to be logged on our phones in order to utilize excellent Customer Service skills in order to provide accurate answers to internal employees and external candidates. Record caller inquiries using PeopleSoft case management tool and TALEO.
I have learned the different systems such as the PeopleSoft case management tool; how to navigate through the systems in – more... order to provide the accurate answer at all times.
The Management at Covidien was great, everyone was at the same page with any new information that came forwards to AskHR.
The hardest part of the job was answering calls from our internal employees stating that their spouse had passed away and will like to remove them from their benefits policy. Those were difficult calls but managed to provide the sympathy and customer service that the employee needed.
The most enjoyable part of the day was coming into work everyday knowing that you have a great team ready to answer any questions asked. The environment was also friendly. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more

Covidien Salaries