Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

A little unstable
Quality Improvement Program Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: if you work at corporate offices there is a lot of travel.
Covidien is a spinoff from Tyco. At the time I worked there they were still trying to understand their vision and strategy. Plant Managers are isolationists and are not open to change.
was a good job
dililators (Former Employee), Argyle, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: was close to home, new alot of the people their
Cons: sometimes it was gruling the costant o/t but i welcome the money
sorry they moved to costa Rica.i really enjoyed working their and with my fellow employes. Sometimes we had 12 hrs overtime ,was handiling it realy well . I worked the second shift.I made kidney dialtors,on and arburg and tip machine.
good
Assembler & Quality Control Specialist/Auditor (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 9, 2015
ok place to work if you don't have degree. I liked it but not really my cup of tea. it gets old and if you can do the same thing over and over again then go for it.
Great and creative environment
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 9, 2015
They are really into helping employees achieve their goals. The facilities are very clean and new, and they try to make sure that all employees are involved in making decisions.
Saving Lives Every Day in More Ways Than One
Senior Community Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAFebruary 6, 2015
It's very rewarding to work for a company that literally saves hundreds of lives every day. In addition to the products manufactured, my role in philanthropy enabled me to even further contribute to the mission of increasing access to health care and improving the lives of people and communities around the world. Being in Corporate Communications, you can expect that most folks are outgoing and chatty and most were which was great, very easy to get along with. This also made it a bit easier to collaborate and share ideas and thoughts about a variety of projects. I've learned a lot at this company because I've been here for over 8 years. The best part of my job is the ability to be creative when developing communication plans but the hardest part of my job is dealing with colleagues who aren't so open minded.
facility was close to home, good pay and benefits
Lead Janitor (Former Employee), Commerce TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no sick days
The sad part of this job was when out plant closed down. Still don't understand. We were the top money making plant. Passed all of our FDA audits. Safety program was outstanding. Good place to work, loved the people. Didn't like the management team at the facility. Never knew where you stood . I felt all we need was a new management team but corport felt otherwise. The doors closed last year. Truly a sad day.
Work experience
TEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Boulder COJanuary 27, 2015
Loved working at Covidien but customer service is moving to Indiana. I will be laid off in June. I worked on electronic surgical devices, and have experience with surface mount components, have a strong troubleshooting skill to the component level. Have worked with engineering on special projects. have been loaned out to other departments to help out when needed. I helped out my co-workers when they needed me on difficult units. I upgrade, repair, and calibrate force triads. Learned other devices such as forceargon II, and Force FXC devices. I also have experience with JD Edwars enterprise one, Compliance Wire, Quickview, Corelis programmer, and kronos. I am currently looking for a job that is willing to pay $25.00/hr with benefits.
I love this job to the peoples was great
Material Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: yes we had free lunches and drinks
Cons: yes the breaks was short and we had great health care plan
We worked on hospital items I loved it I learned a lot at this job also. We worked with the IV bags and the IV machine. I really loved this job.
Mallinckrodt was once a fantastic place to work and made you feel like family. Everyone knew everone and their families by name. Now it is different.
operator (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pay is reasonable...
Cons: no room to advance unless you kiss butt or become a yes person, then you can do no wrong.
The employees are scared to speak up about their true feelings. This company will work you like a dog, tell you what you should think then belittle you. They got rid of the good people that devoted their entire lives to the company, now we just have scared people pulling a paycheck,, including me.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: canteen that cooke hot meals
Cons: no complaints
The manager and other staff are helpful and easy to talk to. The supervisors are very understanding and will attempt to work around your schedule needs. The comapny really goes to great efforts to encourage teamwork and making everyone feel valued.
A non-structured and un-professional working environment with professionals that wanted to strive
Clinical Research Associate II (Contractor) (Former Employee), Irvine, CaJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: going out to lunch or being catered for lunches
Cons: co-workers and management that dis-engage when asked for assistance or questions
An ideal typical day at work would be for me was to be (supposedly) trained on a structural projects and all the details involved, however that was lacking. I have learned in the past through different companies how training is and I would like to see a different company approach to the situation because we were going through an audit and we were scrutinized by how it was set up. As far as co-workers, I would have liked for them to act like a team and want to engage in my working experience, however that did not happen. The reason why I came into this industry was because I was hopeful to gain the fact that I can make a difference in somebody's life regarding their health and drive. The most challenging part of a job in this field can or could be lack of communication.
Unorganized and Poor Management
Will not Disclose (Former Employee), IrvineJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
I was a contractor and was excited to be working for a company that I thought had a great reputation. Well I soon found out the department I was in was a complete mess!! I was thrown in to a very important task with minimal instruction and found out later that what I was doing had not been touched in months. My Project Manager was useless and if there was a problem would not step up, but rather ask you to confront the person she did not like conflict and would rather stay out of it (I'm sorry but when you take on the job of managing others...guess what there will be conflict). I could go on and on, but I am happy to be gone and hope that the department can improve!!!!
Wonderful Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free food, great cafeteria
Cons: i had to leave
A typical day at work would consist of responding to multiple emails as well as making outbound calls. My coworkers were always very helpful and whenever I need to ask a question they would always be there. Also it was a nice , clean environment which made you feel comfortable.
Company cares about your health workplace
Buyer / Planner I (Current Employee), Ponce, PRJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 401k benefit
Cons: no company bonus
Typical day at work it's very hyper since we don't have time to relief stress. Always steps ahead and no error are permitted. Day by day you learn how to deal with different culture/personalities and how to manage them. As a family, the team player is the most. We all try to reach one same purposes. The bad thing of our work is that we depend on others to make our job 100% done. And my best satisfaction thing is to say, "all my priorities and daily work had been accomplished".
I love working for Covidien
Principal Device Designer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I love working for Covidin, great co-workers and job security.
Poorly managed company
Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, NEJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: lack real leadership
Current focus is on being politically correct.

They do not reward those that perform.

Hope Medtronics can fix Covidien.

Lack product planning in the Medical supplies division.

There are good people that work there. They are lead by people that need to develop leadership skills.

The lack of capital planning in the medical supplies division has set up several plants for closure unless Medtronics decides to heavily invest tens of millions in capital equipment.
Clean and orginized establishment
Operator/Complience (Former Employee), DeLand, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: enviornment and people
Cons: to many expected hours, for no work life balance.
One of the cleanest and most well organized company's. Excellent management and interpersonal skills. However earning your way as a permanent employee requires working through a temp agency for minimal pay until that time which makes the beginning of employment for a single mother tough to ride out.
Great Pay & Excellent Benefits!
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, free lunches, bonuses
Worked at Covidien for over three years. Great place to work. Unfortunately distribution center relocated out of state and could not relocate.
fun workplace
quality assurance technician IV (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 25, 2014
preformed testing on clinical trial drug coated balloons. worked in a cGMP environment, performed particulate, HPLC testing for both commercial and clinical trial drugs.
(Warehouse Production/Forklift Operator) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Great company to work for. Really good pay and bonuses. I had the opportunity to work with people that really care about there employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more