Covidien Employee Reviews

Productive, good place to work, they really care about their workers, lots of training, health check ups etc.
Production Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 12, 2016
A wonderful and interesting company to work for, the Surgical Dept. 757 was very interesting because they train you constantly how to make surgical instruments used in all the hospitals in the world.
Pros
Throw water balloons at Dept. Managers, Holiday Free Lunches, great employee benefits
Cons
driving to company site in a blizzard.
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MANovember 15, 2016
Great company to work. Great benefits great rate of pay. They offered free gym membership, great hours and a full cafeteria that served breakfast and lunch. it was very resourceful for every employee
Pros
Great lunch rates with easy access
Cons
short breaks
loved the work, and believed in the product we produced.
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCApril 9, 2016
This company gave me pride in what we were doing. sad when i was laid off.our products were saving peoples lives. The company had good career opportunities and good benefits for employees.
Very productive fast passed work
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 10, 2016
The company always looked out for it's employees. The benefits were great and the schedule was always the same. Weekends off and paid holidays. Advancement was always fair.
Pros
Wewkwnds off, great pay
Cons
A good company with an organized approach to growing the business.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Home office at Hazelwood, MOAugust 18, 2016
I would say overall that Covidien was a good company to work for and I valued the time I was employed with them. New product development or quality co-promotions were lacking, as well as a realistic opportunity to maximize the comp plan. A very positive outcome from these challenges was a constant honing of my sales skills on a daily basis in order to deal with some of the objections and indifference I encountered in the field. Most of the products were rather old, expensive and often times needed prior authorization as they were positioned as brand/generic in most cases by changing the indication or dosage. Development of strong trusted relationships and solid sales skills were a must in my position.
Pros
A good good sized budget in order to develop and cultivate business relationships
Cons
Older products, lack of cutting edge newer products in the pipeline.
Team oriented with high quality standards
Quality Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2016
A company committed to excellence in medical devices that incorporates total quality management in their research, manufacturing, and quality control. An employee friendly, team oriented environment with good benefits. Good opportunities for advancement.
Interesting job but work schedules and management was very erratic.
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2015
The company has been around for a VERY long time at the Saint Louis location. Initially, a different manager who hired me seem to have a more pleasant attitude and cared more for the employees. The regular manager was on long term disability and when he came back the morale went down the tubes. Long crazy 12 hour shift hours and very high turnover rate put the department into a state of chaos.
Pros
Decent starting salary and good benefits.
Cons
Management issues, new(old) manger reinstated 12 rotating shifts, which permitted NO life work balance for people with families.
Great place to work for
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A+++.
As far as my job it was always a challenge, in a good way, you never got bored, great pay and benefits.
Well, Covidien got bought by Medtronic and things are changing for better, I believe.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Managment
Very good
Q. C Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 16, 2016
When I was perform the job there I was very good worker and get along with every one there. My boss always told me that I do a good job and helping out with the team .The culture was very good and clean enviroment. The manangement is very nice. My hardnest part of job was to deal with the situation and tried to solve the problems when there is a problems. I enjoyed work there because becauce I have agood team and every one are very nice. Ihad learned alots from my team work and I had a good leadership.
Pros
LUNCG IS VERY GOOD
Cons
HEALTH CARE IS VERY GOOD
Hourly pay is substantial but temporary work assignments that rarely lead to permanent positions.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CT.September 17, 2015
I worked for Covidien through temporary work assignments provided by Kelly Temp agency. The hourly pay was substantial, and overtime readily available, but lacked benefits and paid holidays. Also, work assignments lasted from 6 months to a year, and rarely lead to permanent positions, thus allowing the company to fix costs on labor without having to pay benefits to its employees. Otherwise the work environment is above average with a full service cafeteria on site.
Pros
Substantial hourly rate, On-site cafeteria
Cons
Few permanent positions, no benefits or Holiday pay.
Top Notch Company!
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 5, 2015
Not many Cons... Considering every company has their downfalls, Covidien (Now Medtronic) is an awesome organization and anyone should feel privileged to work for a company like them.
Pros
People, Benefits, Organization, Culture
Cons
LARGE COMPANY
machanical set-up tech
machanical set-up tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 21, 2016
Very stressful, and no help from supervisors or higher management personnel with issues concerning problems with materials, machines or other employees.
Did learn better trouble shooting skills and more mechanical experience. learned more basic electronic detect sensor adjustments.
Hardest part was trying to fix issues and having more than one person coming to you for issues and not liking it if you didn't drop what you are doing to fix theirs.
I did make several great friends that I will keep in contact with.
Production Planner is a great opportunity
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 16, 2016
Analyzes production specifics and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes and tools. Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture.
Manages production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
Great Place to work. The company has respectable benefits
MATERIAL SPECIALIST/ TRAINER/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
The hours can vary with this company. Product and service are among the best in the business. The level of work can be difficult but worth every effort. Promise future with no interruption. Staff motivates for highest potential. Management brings the energy to another level
TYCO Health Care
assembly production (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 16, 2015
Enjoyed working at Tyco heath care , great people and clean job great benefits . Learned very dangerous to work around liquid oxygen, Learned a lot about Lean manufacturing. The most enjoyable part of the job is they moved you around not doing the same thing every day
Pros
Clean place to work
Excelent place to work
Area Director Caribbean & Central America (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 28, 2016
Great Leadership, fun place to work. My best experience with a company with a lot space to grow as personal and professional. I will repeat this journey again.
too much overtime required
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 15, 2016
Overtime 6 days a week, work easy to many hours of repetition. Working late night shifts and sleeping most the day. Union job, low seniority required work extra hours
Pros
Extra money
Cons
no time with family
covidien will be missed
Opex Lean Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seneca scNovember 16, 2015
Awesome place to work. everyone, everyone treated each other with respect. pay was good, benefits were also great. very simple process. unfortunately the facility was relocated to costa rica.
Pros
the people
Lugar eficiente
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 9, 2016
Es una compañía donde puedes trabajar con motivación ya que los lideres y los supervisores te hacen sentirte seguro para proveer un excelente producto.
Pros
Comida gratuita
Cons
Short break, healthcare
Very good place to work at
Help Desk Analyst Intern - AskHR (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MANovember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. Everything they offered and how they treated the employees was just great. To bad there is no longer a Covidien

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.