Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

Overall laid back enviornment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: rotating jobs, brakes
Cons: benefits, working temp
A typical day at work would be signing in to work, read the shift log sheet to see what line your had to work on that shift.Pick which position you wanted to start at assembling the sleeves.We would rotate every 30 minutes. Sometimes you would get a break from the assembly line and complete compliance test on product quality, maintenance, policy, and – more... safety.Management was laid back, and helpful. They definitely let you know they wanted to make sure your work experience there was positive, and encouraged employee ideas and advancement. My coworkers where helpful as far as learning the job and lending a hand when needed. The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to standing for twelve hours and working at a steady fast pace assembling those sleeves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we rotated positions throughout the shift. I get bored easily so rotating was definitely a plus. – less
A Company that I was proud to work for.
Dedicated Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours worked
Unfortunately as many jobs are these days, mine is being outsourced. I wish this wasn't the case because I enjoyed working at Covidien and woud have liked to spent meant more years there. The three years I worked at Covidien did give me many skills that I am sure will be beneficial in an jobs I hold in the coming years.
Friendly Enviroment and Cultural
I.S Administration/Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment to work in overall.
Cons: no cons.
Covidien is a well rounded company overall.
Everyday is a learning experience and everyone is friendly.
Assembler (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 9, 2014
Friendly, easy going people. Opportunity to work with a team. Lots of in job training. Fast paced and expectations.
Covidien in Aquisition
Divisional Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: leader in medical devices
Cons: lack of direction
The company is in the process of being purchased by Medtronic and will be closing the Mansfield, MA campus.
safety first
Machine Operator (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 7, 2014
safety first, all our job starts with it and the quality folows. teamwork is highly required.
"Old School Corporate"
Corporate Capital Analyst (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 5, 2014
Not that there is anything wrong with being that kind of company, it is just not the right fit for me.
great place
Material Specialist (Former Employee), OntarioJune 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: closing dc
great place to work at great pay great people to work with great benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJune 27, 2014
Productive good place to work I got along with everyone I enjoyed my job each day I kept the machines running I got along with management
Co-workers make the job
Sales Compensation Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits, co-workers
Cons: downsizing
Being in Sales Compensation for the past year has been a great experience. My group works well together. Always lending a hand and working as a team. Our manager and director give us their full support. We work daily with the sales field on their compensation. It's difficult when we cannot find a resolution for an issue in time for payroll.
Do not recommend working for the company.
Asset Management/Information Services (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 18, 2014
Working very hard with no goals acknowledged by the manager.
Nice place to work, friendly people, large workload, good culture
Senior Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 18, 2014
Processing Accounts Receivable, large workload, the day flew. some
of the checks were very large. Co-workers were very nice and friendly. I enjoyed working there very much. Sometimes it was hard
to juggle all the work in a day..some of the checks took an hour or so to finish.

Everyone helped one another and we all worked as a team. It was a
very family – more... orientated company. You felt like you mattered working there. Your hard work was very much appreciated. – less
Covidien was an excellent place to work with great benefits.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: covidien gave lots of free appreciation dinners and other tokens of appreciation.
Cons: do not enjoy gossip and rumors associated with any workplace but this will happen everywhere.
I had a good routine and stayed on top of things so if anything went "wrong" I had no problem working with it to keep things on a good pace. Good communication with management and other employees is very important. I worked by myself for the most part but worked closely with fixer and other operators at times and was lucky to work with great people.
Good Company
employee (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2014
Company is OK needs work but is OK. They are no longer Covidien anymore they are now Mallinckrodt.
Enjoyed working with the sales specialists providing nursing support
CLINICAL NURSE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 4, 2014
Collaborate with hospitals providing evidenced based best practice guidelines for prevention of hospital acquired conditions.
Lots of change, no clear direction
Hourly (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2014
Long hours, employees not respected, micromanagement. Avoid any position of authority in the Atlanta facility.
Productive and Good place to work
Sr. PCB Design Engineer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APMay 28, 2014
Co-workers and Management is really good and there is good work/life balance.
Fun place to work with great people
Medical Assembler (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNMay 20, 2014
I was familiar with the work since I did similar duties in Boston Scientific, the process were a bit different but I worked with similar medical devices. My co-workers were friendly, Supervisor was a decent guy and the work life was great. We also had a hacky sack game every dinner break which I thought was pretty fun.
Productive and clean work evironment
Product Assembler (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMay 20, 2014
We would have a meeting every morning to know about our daily production and assemblies such as the amount of production we should meet by the end of our shift. The work was simple and easy, as I am a very fast learner. I picked up anything any position within a day of training. From Assembling, to labeling, testing the product, and packaging. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job had to be the work itself. I enjoyed working 1st shift there because I'd get to finish work early. It was a really awesome work/life balance. I've enjoyed my time there with Covidien, but unfortunately the company moved overseas, and had left me unemployed for a little over a year. – less
Good place to work but company was relocated to Illinois
Raymond Peek/Supervisor (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: pay was above average
Cons: company relocated to another state
Maintaining facility operating equipment
Had a good relationship with all co-workers
Management was easy to cooperate

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes – Read more