Covidien

Covidien Employee Reviews

Good place to work and good people to work with.
Customer Accounts Rep/Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great food service, convenient location
Cons: none
My day consisted of using the AS400 computer to process rebates and tracings for medical distributors. I analyzed data. I entered data. I used excel, word and the Partner system. I did customer data base for the claims. I worked with a team to complete the claims assigned to us by the month end. My co-workers were very supportive. I enjoyed the research part of the job the most. I found the hardest part of the job was management.
A typical day at work
Medical equipment assembler (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJuly 22, 2015
Work place was highly organized and had pleasant people to work with. They were well trained and understood the job they had to do.
Good Company
Project Management (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJuly 22, 2015
Pros: I was part of a great team
Cons: Management
I was part of a great team but we were limited by management. There is no development within the department and minimal development in the company overall. Hopefully the integration with Medtronic will change that.
Volunteer Work
Medical Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJuly 21, 2015
Over the course of about 3 1/2 months I volunteered to do multiple health fairs for the company and learned great patient skills and how to work as a team.
Assembler
Assembler (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on Sat.
It is a professional company that I have been working at. Good benefit and fun place to work with others colleagues. Focused and well trained by others employees. They're really nice and cooperated.
Discriminate against some employees
Picker (Former Employee), Joliet IlJuly 15, 2015
I was not hired in because I was told that I had an INDIRECT look, I never missed a day or was ever late. I stayed over when the permanent employees wouldn't.
Sales Associate (Account Representative) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work when starting out. Takes time to teach new sales persons. Organizations extremely shaky and full of change.
amazing coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJuly 1, 2015
over all the people in the office where amazing. as far as call centers go when I began working there it was amazing, So calm and fun. they really seemed to care about their employees. However by the time I left it was very numbers oriented.
Excellent place to work at
Customer Service - Technical Support (Current Employee), Boulder, COJune 19, 2015
Follow all work regulations to detail. Work with sophicated generators that is used by surgeons in OR. Troubleshooting to component level and keeping the customers stisfied. Self starter and always stay abreast of whats new or changes within the company. Very self sufficient and very reliable. Always finish work on time and don't mind putting more hours to finish the assignments.
Great Company
Medical assembler (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJune 15, 2015
Great company,good pay, but they do too much overtime. It's okay to have an friday and saturday ot,but not sunday. People need to rest and we have a life.

I like my co-workers,they talked in english,they are helpful,they shared new ideas,we help each other.

I learn to manage my time and how to do multiple task without any hassle.

The hardest part of the job was we had to stand for the whole 10 hours a day

the most enjoyable part was our potluck and when our supervisor has a free lunch for us.
ok job
Maintence tech specialist (Former Employee), augusta gaJune 12, 2015
it was a great place to work as far as the pay n benefeits but just wasent worth all the agervation with all drama among employes.
Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Boulder, COJune 9, 2015
Great place to work. However, you work a lot of hours and have a lot of responsibilities. I would enjoy the job more if I could stop working the off shifts. he company was just sold and I am not sure what the future holds for me or my career.
Fun place to work
Mechanical Engineering Co-op/Intern, Part-time (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJune 3, 2015
Covidien is a fun place to work, full of talented people. The best part of being an engineer at Covidien is the fact that surgical devices are very interesting products to work on.
Medical devices
Accountant II (Former Employee), Bedford, MAMay 31, 2015
Covidien does great work for it's patients.

Learned to a lot about manufacturing and procurement

Office environment needed a site head to keep individual departments working together.

My favorite thing to do was reconcile accounts.
Working with projects related to medical devices
Project Engineer (Current Employee), dominican republicMay 30, 2015
Follow up in activities for all types of projects.

Validation for all type of medical devices machine.

Nice place to work.
Productive and learning enviroment
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Ponce, PRMay 23, 2015
Enjoyed my working days always something to do.
Learned to work as a team.
liked working with my coworkers
Everyday was a challenging day .
Fast paced but good place to work
Divisional OpEx Manager (Current Employee), OmahaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and compensation, good opportunites for advancement, flexible work hours
Cons: Very Fast paced, often only focused on financial results
Covidien has been a great place to work with many opportunities to advance. The people are very committed to producing very high quality products and services.
Covidien
Line Lead (Former Employee), Argyle, NYMay 17, 2015
Covidien was a good place to work at. It gave you the chance to work over time and be able to progress if you wanted to. The people I worked with were great and I enjoyed the management there. I learned how to run many machines and also learned a lot about the product I was making. I would say the only thing I didn't like about the job was the drama, but that wasn't anyone's fault and when there were problems management handled it.
Really a very unpleasant environment
Mechanical Specialists (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: HOURS.MANAGEMENT .HOSTILE EVIRONMENT.
Everyone was nice to work with except other mechanics it seem that most would talk real bad behind your back about you and then take credit for your repairs are worse sabotage your work.anything to make them self shine was there goal not to be a team player for the common goals of the company.and the hour were terrible.all they really care about is getting cases out the door and quality was an issue but over looked often.and machenery that should have been replaced long ago ask to repair and make production numbers consistently was the norm but dont make it happen and your bonus are every 16th day off is overlooked and there time keeping was terrible. Kronos what a joke if you work a 12hour shift most times you were given 4 points and for kronos to work correctly all plant clocks should be in sink but arent.and supervision wow they could care less as long as numbers are met they really should pay more attention to the mechanics who avoid working on a machine are shows up as soon as work has been completed by another mechanic.really hated that there are people like this hired and trusted as a quality mechanics.when your not a team player they hurt the company and other people they work with.with out remorse.production supervisors were a joke. most engineers were friendly and helpful.with a few exceptions.I WOULDN'T WANT MY KIDS TO FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS THATS FOR SURE.
The best company that i have ever worked for.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 28, 2015
For me a typical day at work is always good.I do what is expected of me, I have never had issues with co-workers, and I don"t know what it is to have a hard day at any job. I"am always happy to be on somebodies job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more

Covidien Salaries