Covidien Employee Reviews in United States

Production Planner is a great opportunity
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 16, 2016
Analyzes production specifics and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes and tools. Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture.
Manages production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
Very good
Q. C Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 16, 2016
When I was perform the job there I was very good worker and get along with every one there. My boss always told me that I do a good job and helping out with the team .The culture was very good and clean enviroment. The manangement is very nice. My hardnest part of job was to deal with the situation and tried to solve the problems when there is a problems. I enjoyed work there because becauce I have agood team and every one are very nice. Ihad learned alots from my team work and I had a good leadership.
Pros
LUNCG IS VERY GOOD
Cons
HEALTH CARE IS VERY GOOD
Lugar eficiente
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 9, 2016
Es una compañía donde puedes trabajar con motivación ya que los lideres y los supervisores te hacen sentirte seguro para proveer un excelente producto.
Pros
Comida gratuita
Cons
Short break, healthcare
productive workplace
IS End User Field Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJuly 27, 2016
Great place to work! Can surely use more diversity, but nonetheless it's an awesome campus with awesome people. Very friendly employers along with the high directors.
simple job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 26, 2016
never advanced in position. simple and repetitive. third shift. packed and bagged adult diapers in boxes. stack on carts helped with cleanup and quality plenty of overtime and mandatory flip flop times for comin in and getting off.
too much overtime required
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 15, 2016
Overtime 6 days a week, work easy to many hours of repetition. Working late night shifts and sleeping most the day. Union job, low seniority required work extra hours
Pros
Extra money
Cons
no time with family
Productive work place
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CT 06473July 13, 2016
Plan to work efficiently and get the job done by the end of the day. I have learned that I need to manage my time, avoid unnecessary distractions. Joggle multiple tasks and avoid mistakes at all price.
Productive, good place to work, they really care about their workers, lots of training, health check ups etc.
Production Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 12, 2016
A wonderful and interesting company to work for, the Surgical Dept. 757 was very interesting because they train you constantly how to make surgical instruments used in all the hospitals in the world.
Pros
Throw water balloons at Dept. Managers, Holiday Free Lunches, great employee benefits
Cons
driving to company site in a blizzard.
Great Place to work. The company has respectable benefits
MATERIAL SPECIALIST/ TRAINER/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
The hours can vary with this company. Product and service are among the best in the business. The level of work can be difficult but worth every effort. Promise future with no interruption. Staff motivates for highest potential. Management brings the energy to another level
Great place to work before Medtronic aquisition
HRIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 17, 2016
Covidien was a great place to work before it was acquired by Medtronic. Covidien employees were treated like second class citizens. Our opinions did not matter because the only way was the Medtronic way. Glad I'm not there anymore!
Pros
Onsite Gym
Cons
Sold to Medtronic
good job
METERIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 12, 2016
good job good people loved job site and schedual. hours were great . mangment not so well run . learn alot on how medical supplys work
loved the hours and the friends i ,ade
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 10, 2016
i worked for covidien for almost 10 years. loved when i was allowed to work alot of overtime. most of the times my coworkers were fun to be around.
Pros
hours and overtime
Cons
not enough good help around you.
no comments
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2016
it was fine in the beginning but when you go in the upper managemnt or higher position all the people start trying to pull your legs, i had fun in the beggining only
Pros
free lunches on sat and sun
machanical set-up tech
machanical set-up tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 21, 2016
Very stressful, and no help from supervisors or higher management personnel with issues concerning problems with materials, machines or other employees.
Did learn better trouble shooting skills and more mechanical experience. learned more basic electronic detect sensor adjustments.
Hardest part was trying to fix issues and having more than one person coming to you for issues and not liking it if you didn't drop what you are doing to fix theirs.
I did make several great friends that I will keep in contact with.
Good working relationships
Quality Document Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 18, 2016
Good working relationships with co-workers. Day to day was never the same. Always something new to learn or problem to resolve. I learned how to deal with the public while working in Accounts Payable.
Pros
Good co-workers
everything is great except some individuals in the management
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2016
overtime is great
clean room procedures are enforced
people are cool but kind of talkative at work
easy jobs
like i said in the summary, some individuals in the management are ridiculous
Team Lead/Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 5, 2016
Due to the fact that writing a review could be a conflict of interest , I choose not to. I do not agree with the requirement to review this company.
Working as a temp for Kelly Services
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Covidien. I am especially grateful, because working there gave me the opportunity I needed to go back to college and finish my degree.
A learning environment
Caribbean Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 25, 2016
Covidien was an outstanding education organization in the medical industry. Quality of trainings and products help sales force to succeed. As a highly structured company, the upward and downward communication channels tend to be slow. Great company to learn.
Pros
Products quality
Cons
Company Culture
its was a just work place
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 19, 2016
ive learned a lot being there and is was a great. I love what I did every day but the superiors where on top of there job as there should have been.