Covidien Employee Reviews in United States

machanical set-up tech
machanical set-up tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 21, 2016
Very stressful, and no help from supervisors or higher management personnel with issues concerning problems with materials, machines or other employees.
Did learn better trouble shooting skills and more mechanical experience. learned more basic electronic detect sensor adjustments.
Hardest part was trying to fix issues and having more than one person coming to you for issues and not liking it if you didn't drop what you are doing to fix theirs.
I did make several great friends that I will keep in contact with.
everything is great except some individuals in the management
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2016
overtime is great
clean room procedures are enforced
people are cool but kind of talkative at work
easy jobs
like i said in the summary, some individuals in the management are ridiculous
Team Lead/Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 5, 2016
Due to the fact that writing a review could be a conflict of interest , I choose not to. I do not agree with the requirement to review this company.
Working as a temp for Kelly Services
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Covidien. I am especially grateful, because working there gave me the opportunity I needed to go back to college and finish my degree.
A learning environment
Caribbean Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 25, 2016
Covidien was an outstanding education organization in the medical industry. Quality of trainings and products help sales force to succeed. As a highly structured company, the upward and downward communication channels tend to be slow. Great company to learn.
Pros
Products quality
Cons
Company Culture
its was a just work place
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 19, 2016
ive learned a lot being there and is was a great. I love what I did every day but the superiors where on top of there job as there should have been.
Really enjoyed my job!!! Hated to see the place close!
Assembler - Covidien (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NY 13601April 15, 2016
I usually tend to like the jobs I work at...I am easy to get along with and do what is expected of me. I worked at Covidien for a total of 7 years...5 of them as a permanent employee!!! I loved that job!!
Very productive fast passed work
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 10, 2016
The company always looked out for it's employees. The benefits were great and the schedule was always the same. Weekends off and paid holidays. Advancement was always fair.
Pros
Wewkwnds off, great pay
Great Company
Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAApril 9, 2016
Great Company - for one of the largest organizations in the industry I found everyone there down to earth and earnest in their efforts. I was there during the transition to Medtronic and things seemed to go smoother that it could have been expected.
loved the work, and believed in the product we produced.
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCApril 9, 2016
This company gave me pride in what we were doing. sad when i was laid off.our products were saving peoples lives. The company had good career opportunities and good benefits for employees.
Review
Compliance Specialist/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRMarch 7, 2016
Good quality assurance system and production environment. Good place to work. Great facilities.Located in Ponce, PR. Recently became Medtronic.
temp
Baler operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29646March 4, 2016
i only work there as a temp but it was a ok place the hrs where random and last min but it was 3min away from home i like the 30min break but didnt like being a temp and then laid off
Productive environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMarch 3, 2016
Covidien is a great company and provide an excellent work environment. Co-Workers are great and help promote a good work environment.
Great place to work for
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A+++.
As far as my job it was always a challenge, in a good way, you never got bored, great pay and benefits.
Well, Covidien got bought by Medtronic and things are changing for better, I believe.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Managment
I wold still be there if company didn't sell.
Senior Laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNFebruary 16, 2016
They were committed to their employees. Performed a lot of different types analysis of medical devices. Also performed the environmental monitoring to clean room and ancillary systems. A typical day of work was filled with a job that I loved to go to. I enjoyed the variety of work that was given to me and the daily challenges that were given. My co-workers were great to work with and I felt that I had a good working team to work with
Pros
Clean organized lab, great people to work with.
Cons
Pay was low for type of lab work being done.
Team oriented with high quality standards
Quality Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2016
A company committed to excellence in medical devices that incorporates total quality management in their research, manufacturing, and quality control. An employee friendly, team oriented environment with good benefits. Good opportunities for advancement.
Friendly co-workers; nice upper management. Gained may experiences while working for the company.
Production/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 26, 2016
Friendly co-workers; nice upper management. Gained many experiences while working for the company. Faced difficult decision; learned by mistakes. The hardest part of the job was when the root cause of a symptom cannot be identified. Many parts have been replaced but the problem still not fixed, but enjoy trouble shooting, investigation, and evaluation of the problem.
Pros
Picnic tables, char-coal grillers; free lunches provided when goal achieved.
Cons
Vacation, most holidays day-off, appreciation for employees with 5-30 years of employment.
Boxing depatment
Line Expert (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Obtain shop order for the day for both production lines in the boxing department. Open order & staff the department properly. ensure associates follow appropriate SOPs and ensure they complete appropriate DHR for every order. review documentation for GDPs and give it to the supervisor so the finish goods could be ship to the next step of the process.
Pros
successful daily, meet daily, weekly, monthly goals.
Cons
short breaks
A very good place to work and I miss it
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I loved my job and miss working if the company was still in the area I would still be there. I made many friendships while there and still see my friends occasionally as we all have separate lives now, i miss the closeness we all shared.
Job Description of duties
Assembly Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 11, 2016
Inspect for folds,clickers waste dirt oil and grease. Ensure tubes is correctly placed within the bladder. Place cooldry or mesh sheet onto tray using the pins. Fold sleeves in half twice, pair 2 folded sleeves with 1 insert push sleeve into 1 polybag.Place open side of polybag into doboy. Make sure lot code prints on barcode side. Place correct amount of sealed bags into per folded corrugated (boxes). Push through the sealer labeler and weigher process. Palletize sealed corrugate (boxes) onto pallet.