Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

Mallinckrodt was once a fantastic place to work and made you feel like family. Everyone knew everone and their families by name. Now it is different.
operator (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pay is reasonable...
Cons: no room to advance unless you kiss butt or become a yes person, then you can do no wrong.
The employees are scared to speak up about their true feelings. This company will work you like a dog, tell you what you should think then belittle you. They got rid of the good people that devoted their entire lives to the company, now we just have scared people pulling a paycheck,, including me.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: canteen that cooke hot meals
Cons: no complaints
The manager and other staff are helpful and easy to talk to. The supervisors are very understanding and will attempt to work around your schedule needs. The comapny really goes to great efforts to encourage teamwork and making everyone feel valued.
A non-structured and un-professional working environment with professionals that wanted to strive
Clinical Research Associate II (Contractor) (Former Employee), Irvine, CaJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: going out to lunch or being catered for lunches
Cons: co-workers and management that dis-engage when asked for assistance or questions
An ideal typical day at work would be for me was to be (supposedly) trained on a structural projects and all the details involved, however that was lacking. I have learned in the past through different companies how training is and I would like to see a different company approach to the situation because we were going through an audit and we were scrutinized by how it was set up. As far as co-workers, I would have liked for them to act like a team and want to engage in my working experience, however that did not happen. The reason why I came into this industry was because I was hopeful to gain the fact that I can make a difference in somebody's life regarding their health and drive. The most challenging part of a job in this field can or could be lack of communication.
Unorganized and Poor Management
Will not Disclose (Former Employee), IrvineJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
I was a contractor and was excited to be working for a company that I thought had a great reputation. Well I soon found out the department I was in was a complete mess!! I was thrown in to a very important task with minimal instruction and found out later that what I was doing had not been touched in months. My Project Manager was useless and if there was a problem would not step up, but rather ask you to confront the person she did not like conflict and would rather stay out of it (I'm sorry but when you take on the job of managing others...guess what there will be conflict). I could go on and on, but I am happy to be gone and hope that the department can improve!!!!
Wonderful Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free food, great cafeteria
Cons: i had to leave
A typical day at work would consist of responding to multiple emails as well as making outbound calls. My coworkers were always very helpful and whenever I need to ask a question they would always be there. Also it was a nice , clean environment which made you feel comfortable.
Company cares about your health workplace
Buyer / Planner I (Current Employee), Ponce, PRJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 401k benefit
Cons: no company bonus
Typical day at work it's very hyper since we don't have time to relief stress. Always steps ahead and no error are permitted. Day by day you learn how to deal with different culture/personalities and how to manage them. As a family, the team player is the most. We all try to reach one same purposes. The bad thing of our work is that we depend on others to make our job 100% done. And my best satisfaction thing is to say, "all my priorities and daily work had been accomplished".
I love working for Covidien
Principal Device Designer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I love working for Covidin, great co-workers and job security.
Poorly managed company
Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, NEJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: lack real leadership
Current focus is on being politically correct.

They do not reward those that perform.

Hope Medtronics can fix Covidien.

Lack product planning in the Medical supplies division.

There are good people that work there. They are lead by people that need to develop leadership skills.

The lack of capital planning in the medical supplies division has set up several plants for closure unless Medtronics decides to heavily invest tens of millions in capital equipment.
Clean and orginized establishment
Operator/Complience (Former Employee), DeLand, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: enviornment and people
Cons: to many expected hours, for no work life balance.
One of the cleanest and most well organized company's. Excellent management and interpersonal skills. However earning your way as a permanent employee requires working through a temp agency for minimal pay until that time which makes the beginning of employment for a single mother tough to ride out.
Great Pay & Excellent Benefits!
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, free lunches, bonuses
Worked at Covidien for over three years. Great place to work. Unfortunately distribution center relocated out of state and could not relocate.
fun workplace
quality assurance technician IV (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 25, 2014
preformed testing on clinical trial drug coated balloons. worked in a cGMP environment, performed particulate, HPLC testing for both commercial and clinical trial drugs.
(Warehouse Production/Forklift Operator) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Great company to work for. Really good pay and bonuses. I had the opportunity to work with people that really care about there employees.
Execellent Position
Account Manager/Wisconsin Territory (Former Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, excellent earning potential, company care
Built long term strategic relationships with nursing home administrators. Learning a great deal about how nursing homes & hospitals purchase products. Worked extensively with multiple distributors & had excellent relationships with all of them.
Sr. Cognos Developer (Former Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 14, 2014
Pros: good place of lunch and breakfast
If the manager or lead is frendly, consultants work more then average, and I finished my project before time.
terrible poor management
team leader (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 13, 2014
all about who you no hr is a joke and so are supervisor if u stand for what is right this job is not for you
Great company with excellent benefits and 401K
EA to Boulder Operations & Global Procurement (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 10, 2014
would choose to pass on this section. my daily responsibilities are mentioned in resume.
Stiff
Event Coordinator (Operational Intern) (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 9, 2014
Your typical corporate company. In at 8 out at 4, not enough work to be there 8 hours a day.
Challenging and fun environment
Sr. Internet Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: ability to research, learn, and use new technologies
* Constantly changing priorities
* Nice people to work with
* Strong focus on the customer and outside sales
the place I want to be
Business System Analyst II (Former Employee), Cataño, PRDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: nothing
- Great Workplace fellowship support by management
- excellent Management
- good work
Accountant - Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MADecember 4, 2014
This is a large company that is being sold. The current management are very personable and are very helpful and understanding in the work place.
Got a lot of good experience with Oracle and working with large hospital groups and doctors offices.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more