Covidien Employee Reviews

Assisted in developing new surgical instrument
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2018
• Coordinated with cross functional team across business units for gap analysis and took commitment from project performance team for standardization and compliance in projects
• Developed procedures, check lists, measurement test reports, formats, and templates for pre-production product requirements
Pros
Worked closely with other engineers to develop new surgical instrument
Cons
Contract work
Terrible Management closed the company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Company used to be everything a warehouse employee would want until the merging with Medtronic. Employees lost all perks and incentives, and along with that, management went to an all time low. They didn't know how to run the company, didn't value their employees, and were absolutely clueless on in-house procedures.
Hardest part of my job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 9, 2018
The hardest but good part of my job was the different department changes. Never knew what you were doing for that day. Everyday was something different,
Partied
Quality Assurance (QA/QC) (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2018
It was a nice place to work because, every year we used to party and anyone who was a full time employees would have some paid vacation and some good health benefit plan that most of the workers liked
My Work Was Temporary
Assembler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 2, 2018
They require a lot of overtime of up to 4 extra hours a day and weekends. It was a good job because the work was easy. I did not ever see the CEO. The commute was difficult.
Cons
the job is pretty easy
n/a
Quality Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 30, 2017
Early in the morning check walk in to my line to verify calibration equipments, machine and tools. I learn something new everyday. Have good communication with my people is the way to work. Probably hardest part of my current job was the hours amount that i work. Loved my job.
Pros
Free lunch when we worked 12+ hours shift
Cons
Yes very short breaks for the amount of hours worked
Re: Unappreciative Co-Workers
Chemist, Pharmaceutical Research & Development (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 26, 2017
The co-workers here are the worst that I have ever encountered. They will say anything and almost do everything to attack you as a person. I would not recommend anyone to this toxic work environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No advancement. Terrible work relations. Dangerous lab conditions.
Fast paced
DC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 22, 2017
Finishing my time working International (which ends in February 28th and it has been a learning experience. Everyday is something new so it never is a dull moment.
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Database Programmer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 20, 2017
Impressive work space, supporting team, lots of learning opportunities, with lot of perks. Environment conducive for growth, and I would highly recommend it.
fast paced environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 14, 2017
only hired temp workers pay was not that much, wanted you to work afternoons then work mornings the next day, no time off let go after ninety days like every oneelse
Company Acquired by Medtronic
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 13, 2017
This company no longer exist it was acquired by Medtronic. Part of the Covidien group is still with Medtronic, other groups have been sold off and some have been divested.
Great products
Executive Energy Expert (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 7, 2017
Great products to represent but "good 'ol boys" culture in upper management. Upper management did not listen to the reps in the field for what the customer was asking for.
covidien
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441November 29, 2017
great company, great for people who loves to work overtime, but wake up way too early, demanding products, great management to run the team. loved overtime foods
Excellent workplace; now closed
Production Supervisor TED and PTC (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCNovember 22, 2017
A typical day was fast-paced and self guided. I created my own workflow and structure. Management was always available but not overbearing in any way. There was a high degree of communication and trust in management levels. As Buyer/Planner I learned to work effectively in teams, to manage purchasing with an $8 million budget, to schedule fast-paced work for 2 departments, to negotiate with vendors for cost savings projects, to find and lead my own CI projects, including managing controlled documents. As Production Supervisor I learned excellent people skills, how to get the best performance from my employees, and I created and managed a labor tracking tool for my department.
I most enjoyed the opportunity to learn from amazing performers while honing my skills in a high-accountability environment.
The company moved operations to Costa Rica and is no longer open in Seneca.
Pros
Ongoing training, good pay and benefits
Cons
Could be stressful
Its ok if you stick to your job and not worry about whats going on around you
Worker (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 18, 2017
I felt that they were more political and the way they rated your performance based on a point system was wrong. There was a lack of communication everytime the company was bought which was three times in my tenure there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of communication
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 13, 2017
I learned about quality standers. The day at work was well schedule. Management was helpful and gave me new opportunities to learn. The harder part of my job was no benefits. Most enjoyable was work with everyone.
great place to work if your full time.
Material Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 10, 2017
Great place to work just faced paced but over all very competitive and clean place to work. The only bad thing is I had no benefits for being a temp and very slow of hiring you in for full time position.
Covidien no place for Business Intelligence
Senior Data System Architect and Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 10, 2017
This company dipped its toe into business intelligence, and didn't have a clue what it was doing. It eliminated its R&D efforts in BI when a new CEO came in, and despite our projects success, the company terminated the whole shebang.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management change doomed BI efforts
fun and exciting place
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 9, 2017
covidien has decent potential for growth but they don't like to promote within making it difficult to advance and make more money without leaving the company.
Was a great place to work
Referb/Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 8, 2017
Productive fun workplace. Great boss and very nice co-workers. Very rewarding place to work, but there was no future there for me because of company restructuring.
Pros
Great people to work at.
Cons
Two year contract ended and the origination did not keep me. Restructuring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.