Covidien

Covidien United States Employee Reviews

I like working for covidien but work is getting slow
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a month for hitting our safety goal
Cons: we had only two 10 min breaks
At work everyone is friendly we work as a team to get the tasks done. I leaned how to come together as a group to get the job done. the management is fair they acknowledge everyone that over achieves for the day. my co-workers have good people skills we always get the job done in less time then required. the hardest part of the job was to unload a container by hand once a week. the most enjoyable part the job was that if you would hit your goal every month the compony would give you a insentive.
Neat and clean environment to be in.
ta1 (Former Employee), Seneca, SCApril 20, 2015
Pros: clean, 401k, organized
Cons: management or the ways of the management
I enjoyed myself with this industry but the only bad was the communication from the management to the staff. But minus the management I believe this was a good place of employeement.
Decent pay and benefits however left a lot to be desired
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), North Haven, CTApril 19, 2015
Covidien is a great place to learn about the medical device industry. However, the work environment is very bland and dull.
It was a great place with great benefits
Material handler/Auditor (Former Employee), Greenwood SCApril 12, 2015
Pros: great breaks and great staff
Cons: it got a little hot sometimes but you just get use to it
Well first we had a nice briefing to tell us the goals of each day..we then went out on calmp lifts first gas then were switched to electric stand up to pick bills..we got the bills checked then loaded on the truck with someone testing the quality and tie off of the truck.
Would have retired from there if they did not move to Costa Rica
Shift Leader, and Senior Set Up Operator (Former Employee), Argyle, NYApril 11, 2015
Very nice place to work. I learned to set up and repair many types of machines. Management and co-workers were fair to work for. The hardest part of the job was loosing it. I liked the job and wish it was still here.
Not impressed with a lot about this company
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Not far from my home
Cons: management was poor
People were treated like numbers and there wasn't any real care in the work they did. There were many reasons why they should have been investigated.
Human Resources Help Desk
AskHR Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: The drive to work was good
Cons: The drive to work in snow were not so great.
A typical day at Covidien is to be ready to be logged on our phones in order to utilize excellent Customer Service skills in order to provide accurate answers to internal employees and external candidates. Record caller inquiries using PeopleSoft case management tool and TALEO.
I have learned the different systems such as the PeopleSoft case management tool; how to navigate through the systems in order to provide the accurate answer at all times.
The Management at Covidien was great, everyone was at the same page with any new information that came forwards to AskHR.
The hardest part of the job was answering calls from our internal employees stating that their spouse had passed away and will like to remove them from their benefits policy. Those were difficult calls but managed to provide the sympathy and customer service that the employee needed.
The most enjoyable part of the day was coming into work everyday knowing that you have a great team ready to answer any questions asked. The environment was also friendly.
Great reason to go to work
Manager (Current Employee), N. Haven, CTApril 2, 2015
Pros: Work Life Balance
Cons: Crazy Pace with a limited ability to set and manage to priorities
Working in Medical Device to develop and manufacturing life saving devices gives you a great reason to go to work every day. Covidien is a young company and a spill-off from Tyco. The culture has not fully formed. An employee's experience will vary greatly depending on your manager.

Relationships are highly valued. To be successful focus on communication and peaceful teamwork. Management skills are highly variable. An employee's experience varies significantly by function. The organization has begun investing in manager development and diversity, so improvement is expected.

The organization recruits very talented, team oriented individuals and is making a serious effort to encourage diversity. Individuals joining the company can expect to enjoy working with peers.
Good Place to work on frist shift.
Tool Room Technician (Current Employee), Crystal lake,ilMarch 31, 2015
My review was good, need improvement on test on pc. For compliance wire. The people are great to work with in the company . Although working on third shift can be very exsasting !
Well Managed and Organized Workplace
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), North Haven, CTMarch 27, 2015
I was able to serve on several teams on various product lines and work on prototype design and assembly methods. The ability to apply video against stopwatch and motion time studies was invaluable. I was able to develop standard data, including elemental times to workstation standards that were being reviewed and/or developed. I also worked on packaging in various capacities that included heat-sealing operations. The challenges were essentially to obtain data and information that was credible, reliable and useable to whatever would maximize reliability to the end usage. The work was very enjoyable and simultaneously challenging. IE work is like that. I enjoy it.
Good place to work at
Production Superintendent (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great hourly employees
Cons: change in management style
The most enjoyable part of my joy was working with people and making positive changes to company. Finding ways to improve production and reduce waste.
this was the best job that i have ever had
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: it was a job that i looked forward to keeing a long time
Cons: it was 12 hours that was the only hard part about this job
this was the best job ever had it was clean the people that I worked with we became family the pay was nice it closed down the work load was hard some days and some days it was a cake walk I learned a lot from the people that had been there longer than me
friendly employees
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 25, 2015
fast pace, clear goals, friendly employees, lots to learn and do, from scratch to commercialization, meaningful work to improve patients' life quality.
Provided stable work environment until it was sent overseas
Manual Steamstress and Knitter, and Inspector (Former Employee), Seneca, SCMarch 22, 2015
I worked there for 22 yrs. For the most part, it was a good place to work, a safe place to work. I made a lot of friends there. We made medical products for consumer and hospitals.
Enjoyable Work
R&D Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: lack of inspiration
Don't have any complaints. Great company with great benefits and a flexible schedule of events. However, people can get complacent with the technology, letting innovation stall.
Fast paced and productive
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Rotated every half hour with partner on the two types of work involved. Coworkers were great and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonding with the coworkers; getting to know them.
Exhausting
Quality (Former Employee), ColoradoMarch 9, 2015
Covidien was recently purchased by Medtronic, so it doesn't matter much at this point - good company, but too big for it's britches.
Provided solution in the medical supplies for the healthcare industry
Senior Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: growing industry
Coordinated daily with multiple Managers of Sales, Marketing and Suppliers.
I was still in training to drive the optimal balance of sales forecasting and supply chain demand.
Productive and great co-workers
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: productive and great co-workers.
Cons: when filling office positions the process should be easier.
Running reports for daily management meetings with plant manager. Filing DHR (Device History Reports), updating information in the system that pertained to QC. Showed customer complaints to employees so they would be aware of what they should be looking for to get it corrected.

I learned the process of how to make the product from raw material to finished product.

There was a lot of turn over in QC management.

My co-workers were great to work with. More times than not they ate lunch at their desk in order to make sure the work got out in a timely manner.

Making sure that reports had correct information for daily management meetings.

Working with the group I worked with/for.
Great company to work for.
CSR III - OEM Acct Rep and RGA Rep (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: teaching skills, learning skills, bonuses, employee recognition, advancement and so much more.
Cons: when our jobs were transitioned to another state, i felt that we should have been offered other positions with the company.
I loved getting up everyday going to work for this company. Great management teams and diverse work environment with a great compensation package.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more

Covidien Salaries