Covidien Employee Reviews

Great Benefits, vacation time is good nut no job security or advancement
Associate Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJanuary 5, 2017
Great Benefits, vacation time is good, great co workers but no job security or advancement. Management only care if it benefits them. Company only cares about the dollars not there employees.
Benefits
Cons
Job Security, No advancement
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MANovember 15, 2016
Great company to work. Great benefits great rate of pay. They offered free gym membership, great hours and a full cafeteria that served breakfast and lunch. it was very resourceful for every employee
Pros
Great lunch rates with easy access
Cons
short breaks
Productive, good place to work, they really care about their workers, lots of training, health check ups etc.
Production Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 12, 2016
A wonderful and interesting company to work for, the Surgical Dept. 757 was very interesting because they train you constantly how to make surgical instruments used in all the hospitals in the world.
Pros
Throw water balloons at Dept. Managers, Holiday Free Lunches, great employee benefits
Cons
driving to company site in a blizzard.
Covidien Job Summary
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CT 06473January 29, 2017
A typical day at Covidien is working with a diverse group of uniquely talented individuals in a atmosphere of mutual respect and trust for one another. We all worked at our very best high levels to produce world-class quality products that helped to dramatically improve and save our customers lives.

My job was to make sure that all operators were following all SOP's, GMP's, JSA's completing all paperwork working in a safe and constructive manner at all times.

At Covidien our culture was always one of accomplishing the impossible; we had a saying "make it happen" this means that when we work together as a team with teamwork anything is possible. The no and I can't do not exist when you are part of a high performance team. My job was to keep the team on the right track and to keep us all moving forward towards our common business goals.

The hardest part of the job was when someone had to be disciplined.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got to promote someone.
Our plant in Oriskanny Falls, NY moved to Mexico.
Maintenance Tech III (Former Employee) –  Oriskany Falls, NYFebruary 24, 2017
The best paying job that I ever had. Our plant in Oriskanny Falls, NY moved to Mexico and left slim pickings for the rest of us. A fast pased work enviorment with loads of overtime. The people were wonderful to work with and management was compentent. They supplyed all the tools and provided training to make my job easier. I would work with them again.
Pros
Good pay, Great working conditions.
Cons
Our plant in Oriskanny Falls, NY moved to Mexico
A good company with an organized approach to growing the business.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Home office at Hazelwood, MOAugust 18, 2016
I would say overall that Covidien was a good company to work for and I valued the time I was employed with them. New product development or quality co-promotions were lacking, as well as a realistic opportunity to maximize the comp plan. A very positive outcome from these challenges was a constant honing of my sales skills on a daily basis in order to deal with some of the objections and indifference I encountered in the field. Most of the products were rather old, expensive and often times needed prior authorization as they were positioned as brand/generic in most cases by changing the indication or dosage. Development of strong trusted relationships and solid sales skills were a must in my position.
Pros
A good good sized budget in order to develop and cultivate business relationships
Cons
Older products, lack of cutting edge newer products in the pipeline.
loved the work, and believed in the product we produced.
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCApril 9, 2016
This company gave me pride in what we were doing. sad when i was laid off.our products were saving peoples lives. The company had good career opportunities and good benefits for employees.
Very productive fast passed work
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 10, 2016
The company always looked out for it's employees. The benefits were great and the schedule was always the same. Weekends off and paid holidays. Advancement was always fair.
Pros
Wewkwnds off, great pay
Cons
Team oriented with high quality standards
Quality Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2016
A company committed to excellence in medical devices that incorporates total quality management in their research, manufacturing, and quality control. An employee friendly, team oriented environment with good benefits. Good opportunities for advancement.
Management was amazing and allowed major room for growth based on performance.
Director - Indirect Pricing/Contracts, N America (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 13, 2017
Get culture and drive for results. Due diligence was always followed for best of the company and many cross functional teams were set in place to resolve issues.
Pros
Growth opportunties
Cons
New culture change was demotivating for lower level employees

Want to know more about Covidien?

Ask a question
Not sure
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NENovember 25, 2016
not sure. Human Resource department is not fair and balanced. they seem to rule with a iron fist in manufacturing. there seems to be a lack of work life balance at all times
Pros
workforce
Cons
worklife balance
A very large Med. device mfg. location offering potential for advancement.
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Covidien, now Medtronics, is a well established medical device manufacturer offering the potential for individual growth and advancement within the field.
Interesting job but work schedules and management was very erratic.
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2015
The company has been around for a VERY long time at the Saint Louis location. Initially, a different manager who hired me seem to have a more pleasant attitude and cared more for the employees. The regular manager was on long term disability and when he came back the morale went down the tubes. Long crazy 12 hour shift hours and very high turnover rate put the department into a state of chaos.
Pros
Decent starting salary and good benefits.
Cons
Management issues, new(old) manger reinstated 12 rotating shifts, which permitted NO life work balance for people with families.
Covidien close and went over seas with our jobs
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 27, 2017
I was Dedicated, hardworking and responsible team leader. A quick learner and works will as part of a team. Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, intense environment. Able to maintain and operate auto mated machines to produce a quality product and provide leadership to the line. Covidien close in oct. 2015
Pros
having good people to work with.
Cons
long days with 12 hours work days
Great group of collegues
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Great group of colleagues who worked together beautifully on a large rebranding packing project.

It was a difficult process as management did not have clear guideline from the start.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Managment
Great place. Not sure how it is under Medtronic
Senior Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 8, 2016
The people and the company were great. They were acquired by Medtronic and I cannot comment on how the new structure performs.
Pros
Great people, flexible
Cons
new management
Very good
Q. C Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 16, 2016
When I was perform the job there I was very good worker and get along with every one there. My boss always told me that I do a good job and helping out with the team .The culture was very good and clean enviroment. The manangement is very nice. My hardnest part of job was to deal with the situation and tried to solve the problems when there is a problems. I enjoyed work there because becauce I have agood team and every one are very nice. Ihad learned alots from my team work and I had a good leadership.
Pros
LUNCG IS VERY GOOD
Cons
HEALTH CARE IS VERY GOOD
Communication between departments could have been better.
Sales Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 19, 2016
Generally an okay place to work, but I did not see much in the way of communication and collaboration. Everyone pretty much stuck to themselves creating a somewhat difficult culture.
Work with twenty seven machines
Weaver (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 1, 2017
My typical day start at 3:30 PM. Regular schedule is usually Monday through Friday. Once I clocked in I go to my work area. The next thing is do is check the cloths for defects for all twenty seven machines.
Pros
Good Bonuses, nice mangers
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great place to work for
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A+++.
As far as my job it was always a challenge, in a good way, you never got bored, great pay and benefits.
Well, Covidien got bought by Medtronic and things are changing for better, I believe.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covidien. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval