Covidien Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work. The company has respectable benefits
MATERIAL SPECIALIST/ TRAINER/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
The hours can vary with this company. Product and service are among the best in the business. The level of work can be difficult but worth every effort. Promise future with no interruption. Staff motivates for highest potential. Management brings the energy to another level
good job
METERIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 12, 2016
good job good people loved job site and schedual. hours were great . mangment not so well run . learn alot on how medical supplys work
loved the hours and the friends i ,ade
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 10, 2016
i worked for covidien for almost 10 years. loved when i was allowed to work alot of overtime. most of the times my coworkers were fun to be around.
Pros
hours and overtime
Cons
not enough good help around you.
no comments
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2016
it was fine in the beginning but when you go in the upper managemnt or higher position all the people start trying to pull your legs, i had fun in the beggining only
Pros
free lunches on sat and sun
machanical set-up tech
machanical set-up tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 21, 2016
Very stressful, and no help from supervisors or higher management personnel with issues concerning problems with materials, machines or other employees.
Did learn better trouble shooting skills and more mechanical experience. learned more basic electronic detect sensor adjustments.
Hardest part was trying to fix issues and having more than one person coming to you for issues and not liking it if you didn't drop what you are doing to fix theirs.
I did make several great friends that I will keep in contact with.
Good working relationships
Quality Document Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 18, 2016
Good working relationships with co-workers. Day to day was never the same. Always something new to learn or problem to resolve. I learned how to deal with the public while working in Accounts Payable.
Pros
Good co-workers
everything is great except some individuals in the management
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2016
overtime is great
clean room procedures are enforced
people are cool but kind of talkative at work
easy jobs
like i said in the summary, some individuals in the management are ridiculous
Team Lead/Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 5, 2016
Due to the fact that writing a review could be a conflict of interest , I choose not to. I do not agree with the requirement to review this company.
Working as a temp for Kelly Services
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Covidien. I am especially grateful, because working there gave me the opportunity I needed to go back to college and finish my degree.
A learning environment
Caribbean Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 25, 2016
Covidien was an outstanding education organization in the medical industry. Quality of trainings and products help sales force to succeed. As a highly structured company, the upward and downward communication channels tend to be slow. Great company to learn.
Pros
Products quality
Cons
Company Culture
its was a just work place
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 19, 2016
ive learned a lot being there and is was a great. I love what I did every day but the superiors where on top of there job as there should have been.
Really enjoyed my job!!! Hated to see the place close!
Assembler - Covidien (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NY 13601April 15, 2016
I usually tend to like the jobs I work at...I am easy to get along with and do what is expected of me. I worked at Covidien for a total of 7 years...5 of them as a permanent employee!!! I loved that job!!
Very productive fast passed work
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 10, 2016
The company always looked out for it's employees. The benefits were great and the schedule was always the same. Weekends off and paid holidays. Advancement was always fair.
Pros
Wewkwnds off, great pay
Great Company
Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAApril 9, 2016
Great Company - for one of the largest organizations in the industry I found everyone there down to earth and earnest in their efforts. I was there during the transition to Medtronic and things seemed to go smoother that it could have been expected.
loved the work, and believed in the product we produced.
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCApril 9, 2016
This company gave me pride in what we were doing. sad when i was laid off.our products were saving peoples lives. The company had good career opportunities and good benefits for employees.
Review
Compliance Specialist/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRMarch 7, 2016
Good quality assurance system and production environment. Good place to work. Great facilities.Located in Ponce, PR. Recently became Medtronic.
temp
Baler operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29646March 4, 2016
i only work there as a temp but it was a ok place the hrs where random and last min but it was 3min away from home i like the 30min break but didnt like being a temp and then laid off
Productive environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMarch 3, 2016
Covidien is a great company and provide an excellent work environment. Co-Workers are great and help promote a good work environment.
Great place to work for
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A+++.
As far as my job it was always a challenge, in a good way, you never got bored, great pay and benefits.
Well, Covidien got bought by Medtronic and things are changing for better, I believe.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Managment
I wold still be there if company didn't sell.
Senior Laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNFebruary 16, 2016
They were committed to their employees. Performed a lot of different types analysis of medical devices. Also performed the environmental monitoring to clean room and ancillary systems. A typical day of work was filled with a job that I loved to go to. I enjoyed the variety of work that was given to me and the daily challenges that were given. My co-workers were great to work with and I felt that I had a good working team to work with
Pros
Clean organized lab, great people to work with.
Cons
Pay was low for type of lab work being done.