Covidien

Covidien Employer Reviews

this was the best job that i have ever had
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: it was a job that i looked forward to keeing a long time
Cons: it was 12 hours that was the only hard part about this job
this was the best job ever had it was clean the people that I worked with we became family the pay was nice it closed down the work load was hard some days and some days it was a cake walk I learned a lot from the people that had been there longer than me
friendly employees
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 25, 2015
fast pace, clear goals, friendly employees, lots to learn and do, from scratch to commercialization, meaningful work to improve patients' life quality.
Provided stable work environment until it was sent overseas
Manual Steamstress and Knitter, and Inspector (Former Employee), Seneca, SCMarch 22, 2015
I worked there for 22 yrs. For the most part, it was a good place to work, a safe place to work. I made a lot of friends there. We made medical products for consumer and hospitals.
Enjoyable Work
R&D Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: lack of inspiration
Don't have any complaints. Great company with great benefits and a flexible schedule of events. However, people can get complacent with the technology, letting innovation stall.
Fast paced and productive
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Rotated every half hour with partner on the two types of work involved. Coworkers were great and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonding with the coworkers; getting to know them.
Exhausting
Quality (Former Employee), ColoradoMarch 9, 2015
Covidien was recently purchased by Medtronic, so it doesn't matter much at this point - good company, but too big for it's britches.
Provided solution in the medical supplies for the healthcare industry
Senior Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: growing industry
Coordinated daily with multiple Managers of Sales, Marketing and Suppliers.
I was still in training to drive the optimal balance of sales forecasting and supply chain demand.
Productive and great co-workers
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: productive and great co-workers.
Cons: when filling office positions the process should be easier.
Running reports for daily management meetings with plant manager. Filing DHR (Device History Reports), updating information in the system that pertained to QC. Showed customer complaints to employees so they would be aware of what they should be looking for to get it corrected.

I learned the process of how to make the product from raw material to finished product.

There was a lot of turn over in QC management.

My co-workers were great to work with. More times than not they ate lunch at their desk in order to make sure the work got out in a timely manner.

Making sure that reports had correct information for daily management meetings.

Working with the group I worked with/for.
Great company to work for.
CSR III - OEM Acct Rep and RGA Rep (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: teaching skills, learning skills, bonuses, employee recognition, advancement and so much more.
Cons: when our jobs were transitioned to another state, i felt that we should have been offered other positions with the company.
I loved getting up everyday going to work for this company. Great management teams and diverse work environment with a great compensation package.
Innovative colleagues and friendly environment
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), North Haven, CTFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: quiet working area
Cons: nothing to mention
Covidien has a friendly environment. Employees bring up issues and solve them in cross-functional team meetings.
High tech productions to increase the customer satisfaction (especially patients).
A little unstable
Quality Improvement Program Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: if you work at corporate offices there is a lot of travel.
Covidien is a spinoff from Tyco. At the time I worked there they were still trying to understand their vision and strategy. Plant Managers are isolationists and are not open to change.
was a good job
dililators (Former Employee), Argyle, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: was close to home, new alot of the people their
Cons: sometimes it was gruling the costant o/t but i welcome the money
sorry they moved to costa Rica.i really enjoyed working their and with my fellow employes. Sometimes we had 12 hrs overtime ,was handiling it realy well . I worked the second shift.I made kidney dialtors,on and arburg and tip machine.
good
Assembler & Quality Control Specialist/Auditor (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 9, 2015
ok place to work if you don't have degree. I liked it but not really my cup of tea. it gets old and if you can do the same thing over and over again then go for it.
Great and creative environment
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 9, 2015
They are really into helping employees achieve their goals. The facilities are very clean and new, and they try to make sure that all employees are involved in making decisions.
Saving Lives Every Day in More Ways Than One
Senior Community Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAFebruary 6, 2015
It's very rewarding to work for a company that literally saves hundreds of lives every day. In addition to the products manufactured, my role in philanthropy enabled me to even further contribute to the mission of increasing access to health care and improving the lives of people and communities around the world. Being in Corporate Communications, you can expect that most folks are outgoing and chatty and most were which was great, very easy to get along with. This also made it a bit easier to collaborate and share ideas and thoughts about a variety of projects. I've learned a lot at this company because I've been here for over 8 years. The best part of my job is the ability to be creative when developing communication plans but the hardest part of my job is dealing with colleagues who aren't so open minded.
facility was close to home, good pay and benefits
Lead Janitor (Former Employee), Commerce TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no sick days
The sad part of this job was when out plant closed down. Still don't understand. We were the top money making plant. Passed all of our FDA audits. Safety program was outstanding. Good place to work, loved the people. Didn't like the management team at the facility. Never knew where you stood . I felt all we need was a new management team but corport felt otherwise. The doors closed last year. Truly a sad day.
Work experience
TEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Boulder COJanuary 27, 2015
Loved working at Covidien but customer service is moving to Indiana. I will be laid off in June. I worked on electronic surgical devices, and have experience with surface mount components, have a strong troubleshooting skill to the component level. Have worked with engineering on special projects. have been loaned out to other departments to help out when needed. I helped out my co-workers when they needed me on difficult units. I upgrade, repair, and calibrate force triads. Learned other devices such as forceargon II, and Force FXC devices. I also have experience with JD Edwars enterprise one, Compliance Wire, Quickview, Corelis programmer, and kronos. I am currently looking for a job that is willing to pay $25.00/hr with benefits.
I love this job to the peoples was great
Material Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: yes we had free lunches and drinks
Cons: yes the breaks was short and we had great health care plan
We worked on hospital items I loved it I learned a lot at this job also. We worked with the IV bags and the IV machine. I really loved this job.
Mallinckrodt was once a fantastic place to work and made you feel like family. Everyone knew everone and their families by name. Now it is different.
operator (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pay is reasonable...
Cons: no room to advance unless you kiss butt or become a yes person, then you can do no wrong.
The employees are scared to speak up about their true feelings. This company will work you like a dog, tell you what you should think then belittle you. They got rid of the good people that devoted their entire lives to the company, now we just have scared people pulling a paycheck,, including me.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: canteen that cooke hot meals
Cons: no complaints
The manager and other staff are helpful and easy to talk to. The supervisors are very understanding and will attempt to work around your schedule needs. The comapny really goes to great efforts to encourage teamwork and making everyone feel valued.

1 2 3 4 5

About Covidien

As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering – Read more

Covidien Salaries