Covington Credit Employee Reviews

All you do is call delinquent customers
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
You go in and start calling people. That's what you do all day everyday with short breaks to help customers. The company seems to only care about the calling and does not care about the customer. I was constantly being told to make the customer in the store wait in order to finish my calls or go out in the field to visit delinquent customers. That is why the company is not growing and will not until they change their focus.
Pros
coworkers are usualy good
Cons
The crushing call volume
miss it
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 6, 2017
Covington Credit is a relaxed place to work.I didn't realize how it was such a FAMILY work place as in, when you work there they treat you as if you are their own. They take care of you. The hours are not always the greatest, but I would definitely go back in a heartbeat if they had any where I live.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
hours
n/a
Assistant Manager-Customer Service (FT) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 6, 2017
I was a place to work that allowed me to transfer from State to State. In S.C it was much better in management than working in GA. In either state I grew to learn the business and did what I needed to in order to have a paycheck
Fast pace, stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery ALSeptember 13, 2017
Typical day includes calling people consistently to pay their loans or apply for loans.
I learned how to do a credit check and used data.
The management there was great, the supevisors and company owners, not so much.

The culture was good, there were 4 of us and we all got along. Manager had a lot of drama that was brought to work that wasn't necessary.

The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything I could to make enough money but it was never enough, no commission on loans, no over time, no raises. If a quota wasn't met (people paying their loans) then we had to work on Saturdays

Most enjoyable was my co workers, they were fun and inspirational and kept the day moving and made everyone happy.
Pros
Meeting different people and making them feel important.
Cons
No raise, no over time, not enough pay.
Very Cut Throat Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNAugust 30, 2017
The Branch Manager may be great but be prepared for the District Supervisor. He judges you prematurely and he does not care about your ethics and values. I have witnessed him being a bully to customers as well as manipulate disadvantaged customer just so that he can bonus.
Great Place but
Assistant Manager/CSR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work , great managements, a lot to keep you busy but not enough time to do it all n. With field calling and all I didn't feel like it was a safe place to be no longer
Pros
Customers
Cons
Timing
Could be a great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 12, 2017
I love my job, being able to help people when they need it the most. Most of us try to do our best to take care of our customers. If you like working with people this may be a job you will love too.
Pros
No physical work
Cons
Manager
Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJune 7, 2017
This was a great job to have where face time with clients is important. As long as there is a strong bond with the client then there really is minimal field work to be done.
Loan office
Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 14, 2017
Taking applications over the phone or in office, loan approval/ denial, collection call, renewal calls, reminder calls, field working delinquent accounts
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and late nights
Great place to work for singles!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TNMay 10, 2017
Covington is a great place to work if you don't have small children... but i loved my job and i miss the work very much! I would definitely go back to work there if i could.
Pros
great enviroment, great teams, awesome work
Cons
upper management, not family friendly
it was an okay job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALMay 9, 2017
i enjoyed the company just did not like the management. i enjoyed working with the other employees . they were very helpful in assisting me seeing as though it was my first job.
Pros
employees, customers, pay
Cons
manager, location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 26, 2017
Awesome place to start a career. You learn lots of valuable skills. Pay could be better. You do work a good amount of hours. Steady work. You have the opportunity yo advance.
Pros
Good for entry level
Cons
Pay is not good
Horrible work life balance
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, TNApril 19, 2017
This company is a money hungry company in which who cares nothing about people with families they only care for themselves. They are constantly changing things and not updating employees on new policies therefore you're the one that gets in trouble this company is completely backwards. They threaten if you don't hit your numbers that you were constantly until they are meant however they go about doing business the wrong way.
Pros
Money is okay
Cons
To anyone who wants this job, GOOD LUCK...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 14, 2017
The job itself wasn't hard, it was just the coworkers and management that made my work day miserable. Best decision I made was to walk away from it all.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanagement
Worst place ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNMarch 4, 2017
Worked for this place for a short period of time, too much micromanaging.the manager above the store level was the worst manager I've ever seen in my life. training was awful,and the turnover is unreal
Good company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I like my job and have learned so much in almost 6 months, I have learned so much about loans and how credit works. My manager is amazing everyone above her is nice.Hardest part about the job in my opinion would be the stress of achieving goals, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with at the office and those customers that make me smile.
Not family oriented
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 2, 2017
No way is this company family oriented. This job should only be for single people who don't have kids. Long hours, and not appreciated. Training g is horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 19, 2017
The best part of the job is getting to know the customers and developing a personal relationship with each one of them. I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about finance.
challenging
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 19, 2016
This is by far one of my favorite jobs. I loved being front and center with customers. This job not only gave benefits, but also treated their employees with respect.
Pros
pleasant working environment
Cons
training wasn't extensive
Find another place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 14, 2016
Worked there for over a year was never rewarded for anything. Had bonuses taken from me and given to a manager who didn't earn them. Never cared if you were sick they needed you in. If you needed time off it was hardly allowed. Managers talk about everyone and had group chats about their employees. Customers were fantastic though. Pay was also awful. Raises were scarce and bonuses if you actually got them weren't what you were promised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covington Credit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7