Covington Credit Employee Reviews

To anyone who wants this job, GOOD LUCK...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 14, 2017
The job itself wasn't hard, it was just the coworkers and management that made my work day miserable. Best decision I made was to walk away from it all.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanagement
Worst place ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNMarch 4, 2017
Worked for this place for a short period of time, too much micromanaging.the manager above the store level was the worst manager I've ever seen in my life. training was awful,and the turnover is unreal
Not family oriented
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 2, 2017
No way is this company family oriented. This job should only be for single people who don't have kids. Long hours, and not appreciated. Training g is horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 19, 2017
The best part of the job is getting to know the customers and developing a personal relationship with each one of them. I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about finance.
challenging
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 19, 2016
This is by far one of my favorite jobs. I loved being front and center with customers. This job not only gave benefits, but also treated their employees with respect.
Pros
pleasant working environment
Cons
training wasn't extensive
Find another place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 14, 2016
Worked there for over a year was never rewarded for anything. Had bonuses taken from me and given to a manager who didn't earn them. Never cared if you were sick they needed you in. If you needed time off it was hardly allowed. Managers talk about everyone and had group chats about their employees. Customers were fantastic though. Pay was also awful. Raises were scarce and bonuses if you actually got them weren't what you were promised.
Good workplace. Job can be very challenging and time consuming.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 13, 2016
Fast paced business that is very challenging. District Supervisor is very good and tries to provide tools needed to help branch managers to be successful.
loved it!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 15, 2016
Overall Great Company! Four years experience. Many opportunities for growth and advancement. Great leadership. No regrets. Goal oriented and focused on customer service.
Pros
off most weekends
Cons
working late nights
Not a very good place to work
Assistant Manager/CSR (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJuly 14, 2016
There is many pros and cons. Mostly Cons, This place has great clients and most are very friendly. I was faced with working with mirco-managers and rude behavior of many of the managers they hired in while I was employed there. I had 5 different managers. I remember one time that all members of the staff but me walked out and quit all on the same day.
Pros
Great Customers!
Cons
Worst Employment of my Life. Never again!
Fast paced and rewarding work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 13, 2016
My overall experience and Covington Credit was a pleasant one. I got daily interaction with the customers and had fantastic coworkers. However, doing field calls was sometimes risky and dangerous. I often had no idea what kind of situation I would be pulling up to. My coworkers, for the most part, were great. My supervisor was very strict and expected greatness out of all of us, sometimes in unethical ways. She would often try to force us to talk to the customers that had fallen on hard times like they were less than human and want us to threaten them until they paid their bill. I thought this, while effective, was very unethical and wrong. Therefore, after working there for several months, having to treat people as though they were less than human, I resigned.
Pros
Paid per mile on field calls
Cons
Harsh collection tactics
Great workplace!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALApril 19, 2016
Absolutely loved working for this company! Very competitive (inside employees) They always are very friendly and you can count on the managers to have your back!
we all worked together as a team
csr (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 24, 2016
we were all like family two out of the whole store would go get lunch and have it ready to eat in the office when the next co worker was not busy
Good work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 24, 2016
Really enjoyed my management and co workers also my customers had a 1hour lunch break able to leave job when I was told to go pick up payments pay wasn't to thrilled but enjoyed the bonus.. I learned to multi task
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
1 hour
Mainly Collections
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2016
I followed a daily routine that started with phone work until midday. Later in the afternoon I would visit customers at their homes to discuss their past due account. I enjoyed being able to help my customers and build professional relationships with them.
Horrible place to work.
Csr (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 24, 2015
90% of your day is on the phone making collection calls...You have to finish them no matter what.When you can't reach the account holder you have to harass anyone that may know them by calling them everyday until you talk to that certain person.which is sad and annoying.Then management comes in when they feel like it and take over when your doing all their hard work.They have good benefits but is it worth it?Some nights you have to work extremely late, no family time.Its stressful and demanding.And they send out these dumb live checks where mainly most of all their debt comes from.Their rules are stupid and immoral.The pay is garbage compared to all the work you have to do!!! You would be better off going to McDonalds.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work days, harassing phone calls
love the customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  tennesseeOctober 3, 2015
Not kid friendly employement, doesnt care if you need off for an issue due to your children, sick, doctors appointments, school nothing they think you should have someone to help out with these issues because you are needed at work
Pros
pay ok, breaks, customers
Cons
upper management, late nights
Could Be Better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, TN 38019September 21, 2015
My particular branch is overrun with delinquent accounts and the customers don't take our company seriously because there's no legal actions taken most of the time. Upper management is abrupt and only cares about her numbers, while those of us in the office are looking for a better work/life balance. Late nights twice a week working 8:30 am to 8 pm, field calling customers at home between 5:30pm and 8 pm. Phone calls all morning. It's just not where I want to be. It could be better or it could be a lot worse.
Pros
Full time, no heavy lifting, office job, most weekends off
Cons
Work the first and last weekend of the month, late nights, heavy delinquency
Fast paced, busy, very organized day!
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 11, 2015
Covington Credit is a very well organized and professional loan company. My days at work were very busy, taking phone calls, calling deliquent account holders, making sure customers accounts were up to date, taking payments on accounts and assisting customers with any concerns or renewals for there account. I think the hardest thing about my job there was meeting loan volume every month to ensure that I recieved my bonus. I really enjoyed my job at covington credit.
Great company to work for with awesome benefits
Branch Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 7, 2015
I started here as a csr and worked for about 3 1/2 yrs and then was promoted to manager,i loved my job there and my superviser was awesome. The work at times was very stressful and the hours could be long at times depending on meeting standards. I really enjoyed helping people and getting to know our customers and I miss seeing them.
Awesome place to work!
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, gaJuly 17, 2015
A typical day working at Covington Credit was depending on your mood. Customers based their emotions and reactions off of how they were greeted by you. Granted, of course some days it was out of your control, but for the most part it was well. I've learned a great amount of information working with this company. One of the most important things I've learned is leadership and team working. Even though as an Assistant Manager you are usually in the fields dealing with customers outside of the building, you still get the opportunity to bond with your CSR and manager on multiply levels. The most difficult part that I would consider with working for this company is the alignment of the business, and how it may operate. The most pleasant and enjoyable part that I would consider is dealing with the different personalities.
Pros
Bonuses every month and excellent career developement
Cons
Disordered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Covington Credit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8