COVINGTON CREDIT Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALApril 19, 2016
Absolutely loved working for this company! Very competitive (inside employees) They always are very friendly and you can count on the managers to have your back!
we all worked together as a team
csr (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 24, 2016
we were all like family two out of the whole store would go get lunch and have it ready to eat in the office when the next co worker was not busy
Good work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 24, 2016
Really enjoyed my management and co workers also my customers had a 1hour lunch break able to leave job when I was told to go pick up payments pay wasn't to thrilled but enjoyed the bonus.. I learned to multi task
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
1 hour
Horrible place to work.
Csr (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 24, 2015
90% of your day is on the phone making collection calls...You have to finish them no matter what.When you can't reach the account holder you have to harass anyone that may know them by calling them everyday until you talk to that certain person.which is sad and annoying.Then management comes in when they feel like it and take over when your doing all their hard work.They have good benefits but is it worth it?Some nights you have to work extremely late, no family time.Its stressful and demanding.And they send out these dumb live checks where mainly most of all their debt comes from.Their rules are stupid and immoral.The pay is garbage compared to all the work you have to do!!! You would be better off going to McDonalds.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work days, harassing phone calls
love the customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  tennesseeOctober 3, 2015
Not kid friendly employement, doesnt care if you need off for an issue due to your children, sick, doctors appointments, school nothing they think you should have someone to help out with these issues because you are needed at work
Pros
pay ok, breaks, customers
Cons
upper management, late nights
Could Be Better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, TN 38019September 21, 2015
My particular branch is overrun with delinquent accounts and the customers don't take our company seriously because there's no legal actions taken most of the time. Upper management is abrupt and only cares about her numbers, while those of us in the office are looking for a better work/life balance. Late nights twice a week working 8:30 am to 8 pm, field calling customers at home between 5:30pm and 8 pm. Phone calls all morning. It's just not where I want to be. It could be better or it could be a lot worse.
Pros
Full time, no heavy lifting, office job, most weekends off
Cons
Work the first and last weekend of the month, late nights, heavy delinquency
Fast paced, busy, very organized day!
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 11, 2015
Covington Credit is a very well organized and professional loan company. My days at work were very busy, taking phone calls, calling deliquent account holders, making sure customers accounts were up to date, taking payments on accounts and assisting customers with any concerns or renewals for there account. I think the hardest thing about my job there was meeting loan volume every month to ensure that I recieved my bonus. I really enjoyed my job at covington credit.
Great company to work for with awesome benefits
Branch Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 7, 2015
I started here as a csr and worked for about 3 1/2 yrs and then was promoted to manager,i loved my job there and my superviser was awesome. The work at times was very stressful and the hours could be long at times depending on meeting standards. I really enjoyed helping people and getting to know our customers and I miss seeing them.
Awesome place to work!
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, gaJuly 17, 2015
A typical day working at Covington Credit was depending on your mood. Customers based their emotions and reactions off of how they were greeted by you. Granted, of course some days it was out of your control, but for the most part it was well. I've learned a great amount of information working with this company. One of the most important things I've learned is leadership and team working. Even though as an Assistant Manager you are usually in the fields dealing with customers outside of the building, you still get the opportunity to bond with your CSR and manager on multiply levels. The most difficult part that I would consider with working for this company is the alignment of the business, and how it may operate. The most pleasant and enjoyable part that I would consider is dealing with the different personalities.
Pros
Bonuses every month and excellent career developement
Cons
Disordered
Close to home
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  springfield, tn 37172July 12, 2015
Always learned new things about this job. Co workers were very helpful. Collections were pretty difficult at times. Enjoyable part of my job was being so close to home.
Busy Day in the Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJune 29, 2015
First thing I would do is pray for a productive day before entering the facility. Then I would head into the facility greet all my co-workers and proceed to clock in. I would then start my daily duties and work at a mannered pace at getting my job done. During my years of working experience I've learned to be quick to listen and slow to speak. I've also learned that you will be tested daily and run into millions of different attitude but you have to smile and still treat that customer with the up most respect and keep moving forward. Throughout my time I've worked I've learned despite if you agree or disagree with what management has to say you do it anyway if you wish to keep your job. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be downtime. My most enjoyable part of work is making a customer leave the store satisfied and with a smile on their face.
Cons
Short breaks
good work inviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJune 23, 2015
I was an assistant manager my typical work day involved calling clients and visiting their homes in attempt to collect debit.
Great Benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJune 4, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I learned a lot and was able to advance my knowledge in collections as well as lending. It was a great experience managing my employees as well.
to do the best job I could do
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNMarch 23, 2015
covington credit was an interesting company to work for. I learned from from job to be nice to people and to understand threre circumstances. My coworkers were not the easiest to work with, and the hardest part of the job was not seeing my family alot.
great office job
Assistant Manager- (Former Employee) –  northport alMarch 5, 2015
I loved this job. The manager was very helpful and blunt when it came to what you may be doing wrong. However could tell you exactly what you needed to work on in order to advance
Pros
no weekends
Cons
stressfull
A great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALMarch 4, 2015
My position required me to locate customer at their home. Also, reviewing applications to determine loan qualifications.
A typical work day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day included making collection calls, solicitation calls, and closing loans. I worked in a super branch so 100 phone calls were required every day even if there were a lot of customers in and out of the office. They really believed in rewarding their employees for their hard work, which in returned encouraged us to work even harder. I learned so much from this job including multitasking skills, communication skills, great customer service skills, and the list goes on.
Pros
i learned how to do my job alot of under pressure.
Cons
need to better management
decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2014
You have to be dedicated to spend long hours at work to maintain goals. Home visit customers daily to reach those goals. Great working environment. Had a great team but just had to much personal stuff going on to allow me to continue to work there. Gotta have the patience to deal with some hard headed customers
Pros
great working environment, great benefits
Cons
use of personal vehicle and having to pay for your own gas is a killer, only getting back so .30 a mile is no bueno
Must be willing to hound customers no matter where they are.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OkDecember 15, 2014
Each day you spend 80% of your time on the phone. Mostly you have to call delinquent accounts. Even visit them at home and work. If that doesn't work you have to visit the neighbors and/or refrences on application.
It's what you make it..could be great or demanding..???
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 7, 2014
great benefits, work load can be demanding but if you stay on top of everything, task won't be as hard