Cox Automotive Employee Reviews

Good people, good company
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Cox Automotive was a good place to work. There are a lot of great people at the company on various different teams and departments. The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance was skewed a little too heavily in the direction of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we supported a lot of different products which kept things interesting and the people you work with both in your department and in other departments were great.
Pros
People, a lot of products, good paid time off benefit
Cons
Work/life balance skewed towards work
Environment with a lot of change but opportunity
Enterprise Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
Easier to be a doer than a leader there. There is lots of opportunity, challenge and ability to share your ideas but there is a lot of politics and empire building going on as well
Overall a good place to work.
Financial Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
As with all places there are ups and downs. One has to stay focused and driven to not become complacent in their current position if they want to move on. There are many people in the company that started straight out of high-school / college and are still there 20 and 30 years later. They also have an excellent benefits package and incentive program.
Poor pay not in line with industry standards
Bodyman/Painter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 18, 2017
Don't wast your time, unless you want to do twice as much work and only get half the pay
Being rushed to do a job, and if you make a mistake they jump all over you!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Great Company & Culture
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2017
The Cox Automotive family is just that...a family. The majority of those in management are a pleasure to work with. Benefits could be better (day care reimbursement) and getting to and from work can be stressful as the surrounding area is RIDICULOUSLY congested, basically all day.
Pros
great pay
Cons
benefits aren't the best, traffic in the surrounding areas makes work/life balance difficult
Cox Auto Review
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work with awesome benefits. Pension plan no longer exists. Needs more manager training initiatives in place before placing incumbents in managerial roles.
Its not a bad place to work
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 13, 2017
Big company, great benefits but like all large corporations there is stress from the top which rolls downhill. Sometimes layoffs occur because management makes the wrong call on decision to hire which does not warrant the number of employees that eventually need to be let go.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Due to the way in which I was treated at the end of my employment with Manheim Auto Auction I would rather not speak on the company or any of its' employees.
Changing place with consciencious co-workers
Sr. Team Lead Compliance (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSSeptember 11, 2017
Change is constant here at Cox. Rapid expansion due to several sequential acquisitions now require the company to digest the new entities and attempt to merge the diverse cultures.
Pros
Frequent free things, lunches and every floor has a game area
Cons
Often a lack of direction or attention by line managers
Noncompetitive, spinning in the wind
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2017
Layoffs. Pension available to hires up to 3/2017, but no one expects a payout. Hires after 3/2017 no longer get a pension. Noncompetitive products. Mobile is moribund. Kelly Blue Book is a one star app! ONE STAR! Recently laid off 10-15% of staff and reorg'd tech teams under CFO and CTO is out. So no innovation or risks, just cost cutting. Forget it.
going downhill
Dealer Success Consultant (Former Employee) –  coloradoSeptember 5, 2017
management doesn't appear to have a clear grasp on the companies issues. used to be a great place to work and could still be with the right management in place
Project Manager
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
As a Project Manager at my previous jobs, I have had accountability for the design, implementation, and execution of multi-million dollar turnkey projects. During that time, I have developed a solid reputation for successfully and profitably managing numerous concurrent projects through all project phases from conception through completion within targeted cost, schedule, and compliance parameters. Sustaining a high safety performance reputation, maintaining quality standards, and minimizing corporate costs and liability have been a consistent result of my professional commitment.
Pros
Work life banance
Cons
Company going through a downturn
Poor Management
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
The overall company is great, but the Manheim Business Operations, Data Analyst management team are very inexperience and are not willing to help advance careers. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work in this department. They are very unprofessional.
Nice place to work!
Agile Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
Overall, nice place to work. I spent a great deal of my career with Cox auto. No complaints. Great company. The people are the best part of the job..
Constant Reorganization
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
This company had it's 1st re-org 3 months after I began and that has continued every couple of years. Very diverse company that treats it's employees well, however, there is no job security due to the constant changes.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Lack of security
Great people and work environment but substantial layoffs
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  North Hills, NYAugust 25, 2017
New building with great gym, massages and overall wonderful location. Typical work day with times when you have to stay late or work the weekends but totally didn't mind because I loved my job. Unfortunately I was one of many who were recently apart of the massive RIF.
Trade Shows
Senior Specialist, Industry Events and Trade (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
I learned to manage a tradeshow from beginning to end. Cox encouraged its employees to have a work life balance. I love working with my team and for Cox Automotive.
Fine Place
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTAugust 23, 2017
People are respectful.
Technologies used are good.
Management is fine.
I learned some new technologies and new software development management method.
love the people i work with and the executive team
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Cox Automotive is a new, evolving company offering tremendous opportunity for its employees. The frequent reorgs are difficult, if not debilitating, however. With five different managerial changes over just three short years, and a loss of more than half of my original team it's difficult to maintain high performance results. Having said that my team makes it all worth while - although i don't believe we'll be together much longer as the company is going through yet another round of reductions.
Pros
benefits and the people
Cons
continual change
Overall great place to work
SC/Dealership Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Good work life balance, great culture. I enjoy the management. This is the first company that makes you do community service, I truly appreciate that effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9