Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,274 reviews matching the search
Best place I have ever worked
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2016
Cox is an amazing place to work due to the best opportunity for success . There is training in the beginning to prepare you for the floor . There is constant training with new products and changes in rules and regulations for fcc etc . The products are all available to employees at a fraction of the cost to ensure we have product knowledge. The management and executive staff are all very available to suggestions and ideas.
Pros
benefits, pay, growth, retirement, products, culture
Cons
No call center inn San Diego
Not acceptable
Tech Support/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
I worked here for some time and once I fell ill and needed medical accommodations the HR department refused to work with my Dr. and continued to ask him for more and more information in order to drag the issue out as long as possible. They then looked for any reason whatsoever in order to terminate my employment due to me becoming more of a liability during the time that I was ill.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
accommodations, management, work environment
Third Party Retail Specialist
Third Party Retail Specialist, Best Buy (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2016
Excellent company to be a part of. The only division I would not consider working for is the Business to Business Sales however, the training for Third Party Retail is excellent as is the management.
I truly enjoy my interactions with customers.
The most difficult aspect is that six out of 10 customers already have Cox services so it can be difficult to meet goal.
Pros
Privately owned
Cons
Business to Business Sales
Cox Communications was a very structured working environment.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2016
A typical day started with morning coffee to wake me up along with daily pep talks from my floor manager. Then we assist customer via phone on technical issues with the cable, internet, and/or telephone. We also had to sales products and services to customers for package benefits as well as incentives for every sold product and/or service. Monthly and Yearly bonuses.
Great Place to Work for
Service Call Analyst Sr - Network Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Cox Communications is a great place to work for. The company has great benefits. Take advantage of the 401k, tuition reimbursement, and discounted cable, phone and internet services. It is a great place to build a career. I believe it is one of the few places that still provides pension.
Pros
401k, tuition reimbursement, discounted services on cable, phone and internet.
Cons
None that I can think of at the moment.
Loved working at the radio very entertaining and got to meet all kinds of celebrities
Radio DJ (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 17, 2016
Cox radio on six different radio stations all in the same building as very nice being able to walk out of my station and have a whole different vibe on different stations as you walked on the hallway. Everybody was extremely nice had a lot of fun together lots of events and parties, had my own radio show after six months of working there loved it-
Pros
Get to go to fun events and festivals, went to different clubs every nigh, met a lot of nice people.
Cons
Have to be out at the clubs doing events until 4am, then waking up at 6 o'clock and going in for the morning show
I liked the training.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be counting your drawer first thing in the morning to make sure everything is accurate. My co workers were very fun and provided me with information when I needed help. The hardest part of the job would be familiarizing myself with the system that we used to key in customers accounts. I liked the customer relationships I developed. I learned alot about cable, internet and security systems.
fun place to work,lots of activies and incentives for the employees
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 14, 2016
- fix customer work orders
- change order codes
- help customer service reps with entering or completing work orders
- Reply to email request from internal customers
- Correspond via snail mail to customers about their accounts or requests.

learned to manage a team. As a Wildly important goal (WIG) ambassador, I am responsible for updating team about achievements and weekly and monthly goals.

My co-workers have been wonderful to work with and very supportive in my roll.

The hard part was getting used to the notation that change is always constant at cox.

learning new things is always fun and challenging, so i always love that about working at cox.
Cons
better healthcare plans, flexcards
Work Environment Dependent on Department
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 28, 2016
Cox was a wonderful place to work until the company went private. I really enjoyed working there before that. After that it became somewhat like a kindergarten class, Never wanting to say the wrong thing or anything for that matter that might be considered against the way the company wanted things done. Fellow employees would hide and listen to your conversations with other people then report back to your supervisor or manager. When ever you were asked how you were doing, your response had better be Great! Never Better! We called it "Pie in the sky" In the end, the company tried to make life miserable to get you to quit, or found a reason to fire you. That is just how it was.
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
Toxic work environment.
very fun environment even when very stressful
Customer Care Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2016
answered phones for external customers and for field technicians when working in dispatch dept; learned more about the cable industry daily; management very caring and understanding, very helpful when assist was needed; hardest part was the number of calls that would come into the dispatch department and needing to assist the field techs in a timely manner so they could continue their jobs; most enjoyable was assisting the field techs in their daily jobs
Pros
work environment
Cons
not being able to assist all customers
Challenging always changing
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
Benefits are great at Cox Communications. The culture is okay. If your not use to being harassed to donate to Cox Charities your in for a real treat.

Sales quotas change constantly, If your sales quota is 150 sales per month and you hit 160, your new sales goal is more than likely going to be 160. They do everything they can to keep you in the pay range that they want you to be in.

Do not blow it out of the water, you will begin to feel as though you are being penalized for it by the sales quota increasing all the time.

If you ask management for anything, they do not respond in a timely manner. Especially when you really need them. When their are changes, management usually tells you last minute. Not cool!
Benefits
Cons
Managment doesn't care about you. Sales quotas are not realistic.
They really know how to take care of their Sales Reps.
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2016
Receive inbound calls from existing and potential
subscribers. Establish report to create or upgrade existing accounts.
Coordinate and schedule installation for new products.
Pros
Sales reps are well taken care of. Good pay as well as benefits.
Cons
New reps may have to work a split shift. Once you prove yourself, better shifts are available.
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2016
Again love helping customers.. At the end of the day if I've helped one person with something whether its in retail or customer service I get to go home feeling like I accomplished something..My goal is to do more than I did yesterday or the day before that. My leadership skills have lead me to think as customers.. what is it that customers want?
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Fun
Retail Solutions Specialists (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2016
I provided a variety of customer service support duties to customers by serving as a front line representative of the Cox brand such as: ensured timely and accurate information was provided to customers in a professional manner. I responded to inquiries through phone, mail, email, and handled incoming customer calls with the intent of providing customer satisfaction and retention. I also processed incoming orders, promoted and sold the company's products and services.
Great place to work!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2016
Great overall place to work. Family oriented type environment. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was being able to make new friends and help customers with their issues with account and/or products.
Pros
The pay, benefits start day 1, family like environment.
Cons
Hours starting out may not be the best if looking to work during the day.
Very interpersonal experience
Go All Digital Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2016
Great company where working on a very detailed interpersonal level is the general expectation. Speaking with upper leadership personnel and getting workflow adjusted for projects is a simple procedure. I looked forward to coming to work every day!!
Pros
Employees are recognized for there hard work
Cons
Direct reports micromanage
Horrible Abusive Customers-No support from Management
Supervisor Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2016
Management is all about Metrics and no support for work-at-home-which had it's own team and then company mixed the two together and support went from marginal to horrible. Thought I'd work there till retirement but they discriminated against my higher wage and vacation package --lost a devoted multiple-year employee and got some poor sap to take my place for half the price.
Pros
Too upset to list any
Cons
They get rid of you when your salary goes beyond $20.00/hour
It's was fun while it lasted
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 6, 2016
This job is definitely not for everyone, you get yelled at constantly and the expectations are not really realistic for most people and no matter how well you do they just keep pushing for more and then if you fail to meet higher expectations that everyone else, you get in trouble.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Scheduling and lack of proper supervision.
Fun, Supportive, Great Place to Work
Technical Support Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2016
Working every day to make Cox a great place to work for employees. Constant Activities, Very understanding attendance policy, Managers always in training to increase productivity and employee satisfaction. Fun place to work.
Pros
Staff, Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours, Call Center, salary could be better
Fun Workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 8, 2016
As a BA, my main concern was making our booth look approachable and presentable while using the information provided as a tool to teach potential customers about our company and bundles. The hardest part of the job for me was the physical demand of assembling and taking down the booth (simply because I'm very small in stature).