Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to learn a lot!
Tier 1 Technician (Former Employee), Warwick, RIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay, in house cafeteria, no work drama
Loved working there for the technical aspect. A lot of opportunity to learn about the technology involved but there is a strict metrics policy that is hard to stay on top of at first.
most part they are good
CAG (Former Employee), ArizonaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: too "corporate", management needs to lay off stats.
for the most part they are a good company.Good pay/benfits,but since they shifted to COEs they have lost their customer focus. corporate cares too much about numbers ,stats and scorecards instead of employees and customers. Making changes like "shift optimization" daily for breaks and lunches makes it difficult. And forcing a shift bid every 6 months for the same reason causes a lot of issues in personal life. Personally id wait 1-2 years for them to get everything back in order from their massive conversion before going to them.
Excellent campus
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, Ga.August 27, 2015
Excellent working environment. My typical day is figuring out to improve our current process. I learn to always smile..."patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting."
great work enviorment
Billing & Sales Support (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Cox communications was an amazing place to work, although I had to leave to relocate, the position will be missed and if I ever move back to a location that offers cox I will be looking to enter into the company again as an employee as well as a customer.
the good with the bad
Call Center Receptionist/ Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityAugust 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: workplace drama, micromanagement
It was an interesting job to get my foot into the career world. I learned that call centers have a lot of drama like high school. someone is always unhappy with you even when you go above and beyond your job duties. but I liked the variety of people I worked with and learning about all of the career fields and I also met one of my best friends there. the work was tedious but I don't care for daily repetition. you weren't allowed over time but you got your hours each week. the benefits were amazing. it went above medical because you received cable and internet at a discount.
No compensation on comission unless you reach every goal.
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Nice Supervisors, Free Food, and clean work place
Cons: lofty goals
Commission should be per sale basis, not if you don't reach their goals you get zero. There should be a more quiet atmosphere, everyone but the reps on the phones make so much noise!
Lots of benefits.
Collections Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Excessive unhealthy food
My co-workers made my job easy, They were like family since we had been there such a long time. Hardest part was getting laid off.
typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
As a customer service representative, if someone like sitting all day answering the phones then this is a great place to work. There are many pros and cons of the job. Its got excellent benefits and opportunities. The coworkers I worked with are awesome.
Cox
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 23, 2015
This job was a little difficult to work at. You have to have a lot of patience to be a customer service rep and learn to control your tone and attitude while dealing with customers.
Helping technicians over the phone
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, cafe and gym
Cons: Difficult to keep up with the fast changing technology
Cox was an excellent company to work for. Unfortunately, my department was moved to San Diego and I chose not to relocate. The work was non-stop busy. One of the most redeeming things about my job were my co-workers, who were like family to me.
Challenging and fun work environment
Technical support specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: Repeated need and reminders to sell
Help customers troubleshoot and assist with multiple issues regarding service interruptions and Home Security malfunctions
Best of the Telecom/Cable Companies for Whom to Work (If that's saying much)
Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good work/life balance, good work environment
Cons: Poor leadership, numerous layoffs/re-orgs, hard to succeed
Cox is privately owned and has generous benefits and a very nice work environment. People are generally polite (or at least have to pretend to be). People come in late, go home early and take lots of time off. Great while it lasts, but the organization is very ineffective on many levels and has had numerous layoffs and re-orgs during the last 5 years. That said, other large telecom/cable companies are just plain evil to their employees, so if you're going to work for one, Cox is about as good as it gets.
Excellent place to work
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2015
Cox Communications is a place that never lacks appreciation for it's employees and always compensates for exceeding lead measures.
I love working at Cox i was able to help are Tech and are customers . When i left work i felt like i have help and that made me feel good .I love my j
Routing Specialist (Former Employee), Orange County 29947 Ave De Las BandersAugust 19, 2015
Pros: I love working and living the COX values .It was the best place to work
Cons: I got up so early in the morning . But it made my day go by so fast
I got to work at 4 AM my first job was to route all of are Technicians and all of are outside labor .Answer all emails are requires for routing . Check are sick hot line .If a tech call out sick for the day i remove all of his work and move it around . I did this for are Orange County , San Barbara. Palos Verdes Technicians . After the morning i worked on are staffing .I did the points (routes points ) for are San Barbara & Palos Verdes .I made sure we had appoints for are customer and that are techs did go out dally with a full route . I took incomeing calls from customers .And through out the day i answer income email .Work on upcoming projects
Management only cares about sales.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free pop, deep discount on cable
Cons: Sales quotas
I work in Tech Support, so I deal with customers who are having problems with their service. We are still expected to meet a sales quota. If I wanted the pressure of sales, I would have chosen to be in the sales team. I am not good at sales, so if you don't like selling, you don't want to work here.
Good pay and benefits but poor leadership
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Phx AZAugust 18, 2015
Good pay and benefits but poor leadership and vision of where the company needs to go. Way to much dependence of contract work which enables management to dictate anything they like to the regular employees.
Fun company with good opportunities
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Cable is included as an employee
Cons: working most all weekends
Cox is a fast paced company that made work enjoyable and the time spent working fly by for the most part. For the first 8 months everything was wonderful and I loved working there but when the "merger" between Cox and Verizon began our pay structure changed therefore cutting our commission in half which is what ended my employment there.
It's an absolute wonderful place to work.
E-Care Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
handled billing, retention, sales and technical support inquiries and mentored peers and trained new representatives on processes. They had great benefits, training and management. I would recommend this workplace to friends and family.
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and management
Accounts Receivable / Collections (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: very good benefits and good work environment
Cons: too much politics in COX a worldwide business
Reconciled checks and accounts receivable on a daily basis called and email customers on past due accts. Helped controller with special projects.
Every day is enjoyable at work just need to get along with people
Sr. Solution Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Jefferson, LAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Incentives, Free food, Free Tickets, Promotional iteams, Great Health Care Benefits
Cons: waiting a year before able to transfering to another position within the same company
Great company to work for Cox takes they're employees and make them happy. Opinion surveys, fun day at the zoo etc, The VP with the company comes by to say hello an asks how are you and talks to you wants to know how you feel.

Cox has a training and development department that seeks out and inspires new trainings to promote employees within for management.
Headquarters