Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,204 reviews matching the search
Growing new technology business
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2016
I was an Account Executive in a new division of Cox Communications. While a lot of customers welcomed the opportunity to change, some customers weren't sure and Cox wasn't doing the advertising they're doing now to promote their services, so it was a tough sale. I also had an area of Omaha were Cox services weren't already in place, making it an even tougher sale.
Pros
Working with clients and setting own appointments
Cons
New business and didn't get the support from Cox like they do now.
Horrible Abusive Customers-No support from Management
Supervisor Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2016
Management is all about Metrics and no support for work-at-home-which had it's own team and then company mixed the two together and support went from marginal to horrible. Thought I'd work there till retirement but they discriminated against my higher wage and vacation package --lost a devoted multiple-year employee and got some poor sap to take my place for half the price.
Pros
Too upset to list any
Cons
They get rid of you when your salary goes beyond $20.00/hour
Productive and Fun
Retail Solutions Specialists (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2016
I provided a variety of customer service support duties to customers by serving as a front line representative of the Cox brand such as: ensured timely and accurate information was provided to customers in a professional manner. I responded to inquiries through phone, mail, email, and handled incoming customer calls with the intent of providing customer satisfaction and retention. I also processed incoming orders, promoted and sold the company's products and services.
Cox is Very High Stress - not customer friendly
Member Retention Representative Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
The Retention Department's main focus is sales not retention. The best interest of the customer is not as important as the speed of your calls and adding on additional services. System issues with computers are not addressed on a timely manner or taken into account on your job performance. Cox offers great compensation and benefits but this doesn't make up the poor track record of management or staff training. I would not recommend.
Pros
Free cable, internet service, insurance, time off
Cons
Management, advancement, very high stress
Pay was fair, management not so
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2016
Cox, overall, was a fun job. The team supervisors cared immensely about their teams and were always quick to help. Upper management only viewed the reps as a number generating numbers and that was it. They only cared about their sales reps when they were meeting or exceeding quotas and everyone else who did not meet their (more often than not) sometimes ridiculous quotas were expendable and not given a chance to work on it.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Successful, hardworking, efficient team & company
Order Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 22, 2016
I have been blessed with the opportunity to work for the #1 Cox Business market in the nation. The Florida/Georgia reason that I am a part of has finished #1 nationwide for the past three years. I work alongside incredibly supportive management, peers, and boundary partners. The job culture is 2nd-to-none with an amazing job environment.
Pros
support, management, freedom to perform, incentives
Corporate Call Center Environment
Customer Service Representative-Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 5, 2016
While they definitely put time and effort into training their staff, overall it could be done much more smoothly. The training was not terrible, but the actual work was not great either. They expect a lot from Technical Support staff, which is fine, but better training and a better hiring/screening process could be utilized. The job itself was typical call center work, hours on the phone with angry customers. The long, late hours and crazy metrics on which we were scored were enough to drive me to leave. If you had to use the bathroom outside of one of your designated break times, it counted against you.
Pros
Lots of truly caring people and team building activities
Cons
long, late hours and inefficient scoring metrics.
Cool work place with a pool table.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
Cox is a okay company to work for. Its only okay because of the things I learned while working there. learning the background of a computer was the best thing cox offered me. The management team are all pawns. As soon as someone comes down on them, they will come down on you. The people that you work with are fine. They are all in the same position as you, so they are walking on egg shells too. The hardest part about the job is feeling like at any point you can be fired if they want you gone. They have a point system and that's whats used to fire people most of the time. I loved my job. Management just wasn't the best. When i was released of my duties, they turned around and fired 3 of their managers at the site where I was.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
If you are good on the phones, they will keep you on them.
Plenty of things to do but enjoy completion
Billing Application & Process Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 5, 2016
My typical day a work is very busy. There are multiple task to be completed in a certain amount of time. I continue to train and learn from my co workers. My hardest part of the day is to not pick up extra task. I have a thing about making sure all duties of the day are completed even if it is not my task but the best part of it all is completing all the test within the deadline give me a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Teamwork
Great
National Support Center- Tech support (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIAugust 6, 2016
Great Place to Work. Down side is that the data base is out of date and the Technology is out of date.People are there to help you in the State of Rhode Island. How ever if you get someone from a different State like Virginia or Louisiana they will treat you rudely and unprofessional.
Pros
Good pay and Good people
Cons
Data Base is out of date and technology is also out of date
Not as easy as they beleive
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2016
A typical day is spent at your personal cubicle providing tech support to customers, I learned how to troubleshoot telecommunications products and that Contour was a piece of manure. Management was great until they fired everyone- watch out for certain supervisors they are position hungry and play favorites. Co-workers are fun, hard-working people there is a level of stress but usually community. The hardest part of the job is learning what they don't have time to teach in training. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid.
Pros
pay rate, benefits, culture when special occassions are near, incentives
Cons
The point system at the time I was employed, supervisors given too much power, ranking and csat system unfair
Under staffed high stress environment
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
Under staffed high stress environment. I learned additional software. Management, I assume makes decisions based on what will make the organization most successful. Co-workers were awesome team players. The hardest part of the job was doing the work of 3ppl under unreasonable expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new processes, interacting with all management levels of the organization, interacting with outside vendors, supporting PMs and Sr. Mgmt.
Pros
Large corporation
Cons
No work play life.
Fantastic Work Place
Customer Care Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2016
Cox Communications is an incredible employer, and you get what you put into it. With a transparent management, a fun work environment, and plenty of opportunities for advancement, Cox Communications is a company worth building a career with.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexible management
Cons
tech support and account services is high-stress
Work hard and reap the rewards
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2016
The harder you work, the more you earn. Solid management team who make themselves available to assist you when needed. Fair compensation plan and benefits. Great co-workers. Love meeting new people and working outdoors (when the weather is nice).
Pros
Flexible schedule with many rewards.
Cons
Working outside during the cold winter months.
Good Work Enviroment
Account Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
I like Cox just want to do some more comfortable for me.I want to interact with customers faced to faced more. Cox Comm. is a good job,they work with school schedules and have good pay if you make payout. Its a job where your job is depending on what the customers say because you are aware of the the penalties of bad customer services. A lot of times customer have a complaint only on the company. So, the job security is not there.
great company
UHT (Current Employee) –  Pratt, KSMay 1, 2016
is a very good company to work for, has great pay and very nice people to work for, they train you very well, I really enjoyed my job here. I worked alone other then the customers, as a cable tech I would climb telephone poles and run drops from the pole to the house. I would also work with the customer on how they wanted their house wired or fixed. I am not afraid to get dirty to get the job done. I installed and worked on cable tv, internet, and home telephone and am very good at what I do.
Pros
job, people, skills training
Fast pace and learned a lot
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 19, 2016
Taking care of customers. Learned that a hard days work can be very enjoyable. The management was always available when needed. My co-workers and I were a team, always on the same page. The hardest park of this job is the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable is seeing a happy customer.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Traffic
Provides quality on the job training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
The employer provides amenities such as a game room and a cafeteria with a wide selection of foods. The company is willing to provide paid training and benefits from the onset of employment. However, you can sometimes feel like another number in a company of this size and with a corporate structure.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be impersonal
Employee friendly environment with a customer focus goal
Inbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2016
A busy environment filled with inbound calls, supervisor escalations, meetings, coaching, team building, creativity, driving sales for individuals as well as teams. I learned how to depend on one another, how important "buy-in" is for a sales team, how sales goals help the overall company succeed, how to respect and accept change and how to win! My co-workers were like family yet we were competitive! The hardest part of the job was having to fire someone based on attendance when you know the quality of work they were achieving. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching goals and celebrating wins!
Pros
I was able to learn all that I wanted to learn.
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about Cox.
Stressful and challenging job
Retention Agent - Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2016
I worked in the retention department for about three months. The management is great and really cared about every employee. The pay and benefits were great too.

The job isn't focused on helping out the customer as much as i would have hoped.

There are a lot of great employees there but some of them know how to play the game and make their numbers look good without doing their job correctly

Employees are rewarded for getting someone off of their phone line and it doesn't matter if they helped out the customer at all
Pros
Free food on busy days, Great benefits, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Some employees are shady and pad their numbers causing more stress for everyone else