Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,358 reviews matching the search
Management cares and engages employees
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2017
Management cares and engages employees. They offer great benefits including comp services and local discounts. They have high expectations while not providing adequate training.
Pros
Great benefits including comp services and local discounts
Cons
high expectations with lack of training
The only good thing I can say is they have good benefits.
Business (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2017
They used to be a great company to work for, now forget about it. They are now too corporate, you are just a number to them and you are replaceable. They have let go people that worked hard and sacrificed for them to ensure the customer was satisfied. They were replaced with Temps or contractors; to avoid paying benefits. Local managers are fools, that don't have a clue about there services or how they work. Once you get close to the 20 year mark, they fire you to avoid paying benefits for life. They will find any excuse to get rid of you.
Benefits
Cons
Great job, takes a certain person
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 23, 2017
The company is wonderful. The work environment is productive and exciting. The difficult piece to this puzzle is the job itself -- call center work takes a very special person.
Tech Support Supervisor Inbound
CUSTOMER RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Very satisfying to assist customers with their cable internet and telephone. People were very frustrated with their services going down but when they call me and I was able to fix their issues it was great.
Pros
Own quiet work area
great place to work
SAP BO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2017
great company with great culture and balanced life and work style. There is a plenty of overtime and weekends work sometimes.The management is great people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
great place to work!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 21, 2017
even tho i was laid off after 11yrs.on the job there at cox,i will certainly do it all over again.the relationships i built over that time was well worth working there! loved every minute,second,hour,,,there!
Pros
great perks!
Cons
n/a
Excellent place to work for.
FIELD OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent place to work for. Nice atmosphere to work in and excellent people to work with. Decent salary and excellent benefits.
Cox Used to be a good Employer
Cox Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2017
When I first started at Cox it was over ten years ago now. I did love working in some departments and at Corporate in Atlanta for awhile. But in departments in Wichita, Kansas they became way more sales driven than customer service driven and this ruined it for more. They set extremely hard metrics that make it hard to focus on resolving customer issues and push you to speed up and handle more calls and make more sales. In Atlanta I did like some aspects of the job as a whole and had a lot of great people I would have loved to had time to learn from but the job was way to busy and stressful to even take lunches most days. We started eating at our desk out of the demands and then it kind of started to be expected even though we weren't specifically told to not take a lunch. Also, others got ahead by cutting corners and those that did an excellent job got piled with more work that could have really used two people. They always promised to hire more help but claimed there was no budget. So you were always expected to do more with less help.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, met great people and life long friends, excellent training
Cons
No breaks or lunches at corporate, work of two piled on one, to many managers and not enough support staff.
Stellar welcome, Great Benefits, Awesome co-workers
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  1550 E. Deer Valley Rd.February 19, 2017
Cox is a wonderful place to work. Your schedule must be flexible to gain employment. Great co-workers, very warming environment, Management needs help. Simple job once you've mastered the systems.
Reaching out to the community
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2017
The employees at Cox are committed to their careers and customers, and believe in giving back to the communities they serve.
Good benefits but bad schedules.
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 17, 2017
They don't work with you as far as your personal life goes. Your voice isn't heard as far as suggestions made to better help the company and your work life. Its very hard and unclear on how to move up to a better position. Management doesn't respect you only their views. Often not fair. Some staff is very nice but others aren't very respectful.
Pros
Discounted cable
Cons
Switch supervisors every 6months. Shifts arent guaranteed. Compensation isn't reasonable.
ok place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 17, 2017
extreme stress and pressure,some supervisors not to engaged with helping you to succeed,if you do not hit the ground running after training you are forgotten about.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
inconsistent management
Fun meets ugly. Laughing meets panic and anxiety
Agent Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 17, 2017
I was an ASR in Wichita, KS for exactly 4 months. It I elected to quit due to poor managment, unethical deicisons and monster mean customers.

In my training experience, our training class was the Flag Ship for their new training protocol called "Rev Up" - - the manager lacked interpersonal skills and came across brass, uncaring, rude and sometimes down right b.tc.ie and mean. I even intentionally called in sick just to avoid her. Overall the work expiereince was awful and they DON"T take into consideration your experience and education.
Pros
FREE PERKS, HANDS ON TRAINING, TOOLS AT THE READY
Cons
TO MANY CODES, TO MANY CHEATS, TO MANY BAD THINGS THAT ARE HIGHLY UNETHICAL.
Sr Pricing analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Great work life balance. Great culture. Employee career management is too good. Promote internal moves. Very team oriented culture. Great benefits.
Voted the best place to work
Sales Services Specialist I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 16, 2017
This company was named one of the best places to work in New Orleans Metro area because we are a family, plan and simple. Cox cares about their employees and their well being and their families. Workplace culture is pleasant and enjoyable. We breathe perseverance.
Pros
Free Cable
Cons
retirement
Management not consistent
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKFebruary 15, 2017
Great pay and benefits, however the management styles are not consistent. For example, training and supporting leaders was not equal and each leader was treated differently based on the likeness from upper management. I encourage those applying to be self-sufficient and shadow peers and/or additional training/courses for best practices and lean towards management for input, but do not solely depend on management for development. They offer competitive awards and fun incentives. Free food all of the time too which is a bonus!
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Call Center Sales & Retention (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Really an enjoyable company to work for. Opportunities for advancement. Offers great compensation and benefits; one of the few companies left that offer pension. Great, timely communication. Fast pace, and customer-focused,
Pros
Compensation & employee development
Cons
Many of smaller geographics subject to acquisition
Great enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2017
At Cox I went from being a Customer Service rep to Technical Support Agent within three months. I was also a customer with Cox, I got to experience both sides of the phone. With both relations with the company made being a employee much fun. I was able to help assist customers with first hand experiences. All the managers loved my work, they expressed how even over the phone seemed as if i was helping the customers hands-on.
Great job and work environment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2017
Good job with amazing benefits. Workplace environment is great and people are very friendly, but job is supposed to be for technical support and is slowly becoming a sales job. Not recommended if looking for technical support job
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Sales
busy fast pace
Loss Prevention Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Always changing environment in a positive work area. Work hard and you will be promoted to other opportunities. Great company to look for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Communications Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval