Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,186 reviews matching the search
Growing new technology business
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2016
I was an Account Executive in a new division of Cox Communications. While a lot of customers welcomed the opportunity to change, some customers weren't sure and Cox wasn't doing the advertising they're doing now to promote their services, so it was a tough sale. I also had an area of Omaha were Cox services weren't already in place, making it an even tougher sale.
Pros
Working with clients and setting own appointments
Cons
New business and didn't get the support from Cox like they do now.
Cox csr.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 23, 2016
People good, management scary.

People good and fun, nice to krunk.

Upper management too focused on client needs. Bad to krunk.
Successful, hardworking, efficient team & company
Order Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 22, 2016
I have been blessed with the opportunity to work for the #1 Cox Business market in the nation. The Florida/Georgia reason that I am a part of has finished #1 nationwide for the past three years. I work alongside incredibly supportive management, peers, and boundary partners. The job culture is 2nd-to-none with an amazing job environment.
Pros
support, management, freedom to perform, incentives
Cox is Very High Stress - not customer friendly
Member Retention Representative Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
The Retention Department's main focus is sales not retention. The best interest of the customer is not as important as the speed of your calls and adding on additional services. System issues with computers are not addressed on a timely manner or taken into account on your job performance. Cox offers great compensation and benefits but this doesn't make up the poor track record of management or staff training. I would not recommend.
Pros
Free cable, internet service, insurance, time off
Cons
Management, advancement, very high stress
Fast pace and learned a lot
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 19, 2016
Taking care of customers. Learned that a hard days work can be very enjoyable. The management was always available when needed. My co-workers and I were a team, always on the same page. The hardest park of this job is the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable is seeing a happy customer.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Traffic
Pay was fair, management not so
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2016
Cox, overall, was a fun job. The team supervisors cared immensely about their teams and were always quick to help. Upper management only viewed the reps as a number generating numbers and that was it. They only cared about their sales reps when they were meeting or exceeding quotas and everyone else who did not meet their (more often than not) sometimes ridiculous quotas were expendable and not given a chance to work on it.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Fantastic Work Place
Customer Care Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2016
Cox Communications is an incredible employer, and you get what you put into it. With a transparent management, a fun work environment, and plenty of opportunities for advancement, Cox Communications is a company worth building a career with.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexible management
Cons
tech support and account services is high-stress
good company to work for great benifits
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 18, 2016
good company to work for great benfits almost free cable company vehicle All the co-workers got along like family long hors
Good Place to work
Senior Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2016
Great company to work for. would recommend. great leadership team and ability for growth. THe call center and store environment were both enjoyable.
Productive and goal driven environment
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2016
Cox Communications is a great company with a very good compensation and benefits package. The work environment is pleasant and very goal drive.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very slow growth potential
Company primarily run by Marketing
Demand Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
A lot of very good people

Decisions based primarily on Marketing,and not long term planning

Many poor financial decisions were made because of the lack of experience

Some small fiefdoms interested in keeping power, not furthering the companies interests
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 14, 2016
very friendly environment. great customer benefits. great pay. great hours. I would still be there if my department hadn't shut down
Job Summary
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2016
Cox Communications taught me even more about selling but in a call center environment and challenged myself in many ways. I learned just how much time while selling is very valuable and essential to getting the job done. From day one I loved how much the company took care of their employees and how diverse it was. Training was 8 weeks and my trainer was taught me everything I needed to know about the job while giving tips on making selling easier to customers. Once training was complete a typical day at work would start with greeting co workers while getting situated with your desk. Checking emails to make sure if meeting were taking place that day or the next. Getting headset and opening up applications used to do the job. Once clocked in from computer, taking calls to begin a call flow, offering bundles that included all the products Cox offered. Hardest part of the job is definitely meeting sales goal while making sure your personal orders are in fact being installed by techs once set up through the phone. Cox has a very strict policy for attendance and being on time so once hired the company will keep a close eye on you being late or not. I grew a lot from working there while making friends with co workers that really helped me get better at my job teaching me things on how to make talking to customers easier. The supervisors will help you as much as they are allowed too because they will expect you to learn the system, products and prices by heart after the first couple of months. Pay is very good since commission is apart of it, you can earn great money working there if  more... you dedicate yourself to the job while wanting to learn more, there is constant change so it takes a lot of effort. In general Cox is a great company that cares about it's employers while making sure good pay is something you work hard enough to earn or don't.  less
Pros
Great pay, good environment, great benefits.
Cons
Steep learning curve, limited flexiblity, quarterly schedule changes.
cox has been one of the best company i have ever worked for
HR Payroll and Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
Working in HR I have met numerous of wonderful people. Co workers are amazing... Nothing but good thought and words. This is truly a good company to work for.
Pros
fabulous benefits, cable
Cons
not much covered parking
Cool work place with a pool table.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
Cox is a okay company to work for. Its only okay because of the things I learned while working there. learning the background of a computer was the best thing cox offered me. The management team are all pawns. As soon as someone comes down on them, they will come down on you. The people that you work with are fine. They are all in the same position as you, so they are walking on egg shells too. The hardest part about the job is feeling like at any point you can be fired if they want you gone. They have a point system and that's whats used to fire people most of the time. I loved my job. Management just wasn't the best. When i was released of my duties, they turned around and fired 3 of their managers at the site where I was.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
If you are good on the phones, they will keep you on them.
Fun work enviorment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 4, 2016
Overall great company with great benefits after your first 90 days of employment. Compensation is excellent if able to over achieve.
Work hard and reap the rewards
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2016
The harder you work, the more you earn. Solid management team who make themselves available to assist you when needed. Fair compensation plan and benefits. Great co-workers. Love meeting new people and working outdoors (when the weather is nice).
Pros
Flexible schedule with many rewards.
Cons
Working outside during the cold winter months.
Fun, Wii, and Cafeteria
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2016
I really enjoy my peers. Management was hard to work with as they did not have an open door policy has they claim. location was great and close to home.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
poor mangement communication.
Extremely great place to work.
Cable/Telephone Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2016
In a typical day I would go around repairing or installing cabel or telephone lines.

I learned a lot with this company, It helped prepare me for future jobs in the cable industry.
Wonderful Place to work
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
Great work/life balance. Is truly a family company and great environment to work in. This location is the COE office and leadership team is great to work with.
Pros
work/life balance