Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work, Awesome Friendly Evironment
TECH SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), PHOENIX AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Company, Fun work environment, opportunity to work from home
Cons: NO CONS
I worked at Cox Communications for 1 year as a Technical Support Agent. They are an AMAZING company. I highly recommend you apply to work for this company.They truly care about their employees. They care about the health and well being of all their employees. Plus they have so many great benefits of working there, Do you like to play pool or ping pong? They have a pool table and ping pong table you can play on your lunch and breaks. They have a huge cafeteria with delicious and healthy food!!! There are work from home opportunities with certain positions, and they make it very easy to move up to a higher position in the company. Cox Communications is growing and expanding as a company each and every day and i highly recommend them!!!! So go apply today if you want an amazing job that can turn into a career that you love!!
Great Place to work
CONTRACTOR - Executive Assistant to SVP (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Nice people, great facility, work with little supervision, trusting people
Cons: For Executive Asssistants, unless you have been there for a very long time, most executives do not want you to "take over" or be their right hand.
Great company to work for most people. However, not so much the case for professional/senior Executive Assistants. They do temp to perm positions. Also, most executives use their Assistants more as administrative-type Assistants. Their is not much thought needed and most executives do not like for their Assistant's to be proactive.
Vastly changing company
Retention Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
Cox Communications is a company with very aggressive goals and has converted to a corporation styled company versus the locally owend company it once was.
Great company that went south
Customer Service (Current Employee), Las VegasJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Fair wages
Cons: Overworked and understaffed
Cox culture was great for years until the decision was made to convert to a Matrix based organization. SInce that time the culture at the company has been totally transformed in a very bad way. The company is no longer fun to work for and has lost all concepts of what direction it is going.
Productive Fun work place
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 24, 2015
I love the environment it is very people friendly. Coming out of training transitioning into production can be hard sometimes, but with the help of previous employees, supervisors, and job aides, it makes it a great learning experience.
fast paced fun with great benefits and rewards
Inbound Residential Sales Rep (Former Employee), Pensacola Fl, Oklahoma City OKJuly 24, 2015
Pros: great rewards program for achieving goals/quotas
Cons: shift work which can be hard on people with families
Great company to work for. Excellent management team always willing to assist and to help you in advancement. I truly enjoyed working with a wonderful team of co-workers that made the job enjoyable. Hardest part would be shift work, which can be hard on people with families.
Call Center
Account Rep (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 23, 2015
Job was great...I wish it was full time. This position was with a temp agency. I would consider applying with company. They are now hiring I may just do that.
Productive workplace with a workout room
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2015
We took phone calls from customers who had questions about their bills, scheduled technicians to go make service calls to our customers who were having connection issues.
Good workplace to work for; culturally diverse
Manager, Enterprise Planning & Reporting Systems (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Typical work day involved meetings to gather requirements. I enjoyed working with a team that was capable on delivering results on a timely manner. We enjoyed working out after work in the classes offered by our office building.
Great Place to Work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: High hourly rates, commissions for sales, competitive environment, nice people, and opportunities for advancement..
Cons: Difficulty of getting a flexible schedule
COX is really a wonderful place to work.
What I love most about it is that when you succeed or when you do a good job you're recognized for it..
If you're an overachiever, and go above and beyond you even get paid for it.
Compensation is awesome, an hourly rate as well as commission, and to be honest there really is no limit to the amount of money you can make in commissions..

A typical day at work for myself being a Tech Support Representative.. I get in, log into my computer and desk phone, then at the start of my shift I put myself into the call queue then assist customers calling in until I leave for the night..
Two paid 15 minute breaks, and a 1 hour lunch..

Working here for almost a year I have learned how to talk to people with confidence, or at least with more confidence that is..

Management is very different here, nothing like anywhere else I have ever worked..
Managers and Supervisors are more so like coaches, it's their job to motivate and push us front line employees..

Working here you do not really have much time to get to know or build relationships with most of the people that you work with.. Because there's so many of us.. We are all grouped into teams and we are to sit with our team.. So the people on your team and the people in your training classes are the ones you really get to associate with..

The hardest part of the job for myself would be just staying in one area and not moving around much for 8 hours a day..
The hardest part for most others from what I have gathered is sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me – more... would be working in a competitive environment, and really getting to channel my energy and effort into something that benefits me and gets me further. The fight to be #1 here is fierce, but in a good way, a clean way. Here we are expected to do it by the book, and to uphold good morals and honesty. So stealing sales, and any unethical behavior is taken very seriously and usually corrected by termination.

My only complaint about working here I like and also dislike..
Our employee schedules.. They are assigned to us based on completely open availability, so it is understood that you are to be able to work your schedule no matter what.. They are not assigned based on what works for you.. There are shift bids every 6 months for each department, so the higher your rank is, the higher your chances are of getting a more favorable shift, but your tenure with the company also plays a great part in getting a more favorable shift.

My issue with this is that this causes great amount of employees to leave the company or seek employment elsewhere because of the simple fact that they cannot be available to work the shifts assigned to them.. So a lot of the newer people do not really get a chance to build that tenure or get themselves to a higher rank and then their only option really is to quit.
I love this method as well because it really does push us employees to work harder and always try our best, if we want something we have to work for it. And working hard for something that you want is always a good moral to carry.
This is also very good for the company because it allows them to filter out the extraordinary ones make sure that they get to where they want to be in the company for that hard work and effort being put into the role..

Overall, this is an amazing place to work..
I love it here.. – less
Dull culture lacking creativity masked with amazing benefits
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2015
Pros: deeply discounted cable service, pension, relatively achievable goals, fantastic on-boarding materials
Cons: constrained sales culture, lack of creative spark in management styles, monotonous workload
The compensation and benefits are second to none considering the workload. Let's be honest here, this is a run of the mill call center nothing unique at all. The reigns are not held as tightly as with other call centers (or so I'm told, this is my first and last call center gig). Cox is a great organization with a lot of really cool people at the helm, unfortunately this just isn't a rabbit hole I'm too keen on continuing to explore. The repetitive nature of the job and the soul-less and neutered sales flow required to "succeed" end up putting up more walls than tearing down for a natural sales person. Anyone with no sales experience, feel free to jump in as the water is warm and the call center role is designed for you. If you fancy yourself a sales expert, conversation manipulation wordsmith extraordinaire you will find yourself incredibly constrained by the required steps of the required flow. If you can get past that and want to make $40K while having deeply discounted cable services, this gig is for you. Be sure to attain a healthy cache or rogain as you will eventually pull your hair out from the endless monotony.
great benefits
Technical Support level 1 (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and had great parties for their employees
Cons: short breaks
It started off great until they started hiring managers that practically couldnt care less about the employees. They became very strict on absences, those that were sick brought their sickness to work making everyoneelse around them sick, because they feared losing their jobs..
Most enjoyable part of the job
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Company reorganization
I was able to work with a great management team and security division. We were able to accomplish a number of goals in a short period of time with exceptional results.
Sr. Project Coordinator, Technical PMO (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Great company, great people! Great company, great people! Great company, great people! Great company, great people! Great company, great people! Great company, great people!
Great Place to Work!
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2015
Pros: commission, free cable, pay for perfoemance
Very fun place to work, great people and decent management. You have to be able to up-sell on current services, which was easy. Customers call in to get the services you don't have to find leads.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Technical Support Representative, Call Center (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2015
Great Benefits and perks, always have some type of event going on, Free lunches and prizes and giveaways, trips, cash and gift cards.
It was great till all the changed hit
Retention Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good people and pay benefits.
Cons: Unstable, to much micromanagement that suffocates you.
I loved working their and the people. Just had some personal issues I need to deal with so left the company. I am disappointed in how it goes from a family type of business to a corporate type and most of the changed where bad outcomes on customers and employees.Overall it is a good place just need to be fixed in some areas.
Amazing Culture
Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Cox was a great place for me to work and build my professional portfolio. Great projects with great leaders allows for a great environment and culture, I would recommend to everyone to seek employment with the industry leader in technology and diversity.
Good pay.
Sr. Video Project Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 13, 2015
Great place to work but pretty demanding. You work hard but get paid well. Cox cares about it's employees. Good benefits.
Supervisor Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, great culture
Lots of room for advancement! Great place to work if you apply yourself. They take care of their employees and care a lot about the people who work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone – Read more

Cox Communications Inc. Salaries

Customer Service Representative
$30,000 per year
$12.00 per hour

Cox Communications Inc. Photos

Excited to celebrate solar at Cox Communications in Rhode Island.
Cox Communications female leaders on the cover of CableFAX's "Most Powerful Women in Cable" issue.
Cox employees volunteering at the Sweep the Hooch clean up.