Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company
Project Manager (Customer Care Call Centers) (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Great company and work culture. Directors and managers really care about their employees. It is a shame that they are going thru major re-structuring.
Pros
Team
Best Job yet
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 1, 2016
My typical day of work would include: Equipment storing and stocking, product demonstrating, and answering any question a customer might have within my realm of knowledge.
freedom but favoritism towards locations given
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
I left because other employees that knew the supervisor longer were given better locations to install, even though the locations are supposed to be closer to where you lived.
Pros
could finish the day earlier
Cons
work on breaks, favoritism
work environment
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoy the diversity of the people as well as the acknowledgement for the well-being of their employees. It is most enjoyable to know that when things get stuff such change in weather that it is the employee's well-being they look after as first priority.
Good and the bad
SENIOR SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Cox as a company is an amazing company to work for, in comparison to xfinity and Verizon they actually care and strive for customer excellence. Micro manages a bit but goals are attainable and compensation is competitive.
Pros
Good pay, and good overall company
Cons
Plenty of training and support on every level to gain confidence with learning.
Change Management Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2016
Strong team environment that consisted of sharing knowledge that enables employees on every level to understand the requirements of maintaining customers complete satisfaction and network connectivity.
Great culture for a large company
Cox Business Fulfillment Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2016
It always depends on the department you work for, when you're in a big company like COX, but as a technician, working in the Transport department, Cox is a fantastic place to work.
Training, education, and opportunity are a big focus at Cox. They really believe in self promotion and internal development of their employees.
I continuously learned more and more about how the network was built and supported.
Growth of the business was a big part of our goals so there were always new challenges and new opportunities.
I worked in 3 different systems across the US and Cox attracts a very high caliber in its people, for the most part, so it is a great team to work with.
The hardest part of the job was the constant state of change, but this was also the most enjoyable in that things were never boring. There were always new challenges and new environments to work in. Every day was something new and different.
Pros
New opportunities, great people, cool new environments to work in
Cons
Customers have a bad perception of the "The Cable Company" that has to be challenged, everyday.
great company
Flare Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 25, 2016
great company i enjoyed the start up company for flare, the company ended all in all i appreciated working for them, my manager lived out of state but he made working for him very simple he came down once a month and was always available when needed.
overall not bad company
field technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2016
Pay was decent, however long hours and fast paced work. left due to company moving away from caring for customers
Ten hour days, outside work enviroment.
Coworkers were best part about the job
Great place to work for!!
Home Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJanuary 19, 2016
Get in company truck and fill Work orders for installs, TC, and SRO's.
learned alot about how cable is delivered to the house. Management is good and coworks there were very friendly.
Pros
Company Truck
Cons
Long Days at times
Great Opportunities
Senior Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A great company to work for if you are willing to go above and beyond to meet your monthly sales goals. Awesome communication between higher ups all the way down to entry level sales. A real team environment!
Pros
great pay and benefits, work life balance
Cons
Reps within company will steal sales
awesome employer
Home Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2016
awesome employer to work for various reasons in San Diego CA. Would go back to the company at anytime. beyond that I have nothing more to say about the company.
Good job
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2016
High pay, job not secure at all. Very stressful to meet metrics. Great people to work with, must be good with people. Overall good place, but very stressful.
Pros
Good pay, and people
Cons
Not a secure job, and stressful
Strong team presence between co-workers.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 18, 2016
My job was very unique that I demonstrated, played and sold a children s new video game device.

My duties everyday included communicating with the public, getting them interested in the gaming system and selling it on the spot with a portable laptop.

What I learned was a stronger understanding about selling a new product unfamiliar to the public and how it affected the dynamic of the way store received the interaction.

The management of the the store dictated the direction of how their co-workers interacted with each other depending on how they personally felt about the person.

My co-workers were very cordial and professional towards each other.

The hardest part of the job was selling a product that still needed some fine tuning to make it a more marketable system against more popular gaming system that kids were buying.

My most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day interaction with the public and no day was the same as the next.
Pros
Freedom of flexibility in the way I sold the product
Cons
Challenges with how the product interacted with overall theme of the store.
inbound sales representative
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 18, 2016
If you have never worked at a call center or sitting at a desk all day, please reconsider this job . The calls are endless . Your glued to your desk all day. Mandatory overtime. Too many metrics. They expect you to be talking to customer literally every second of you 8 hour shrift, except for your lunch break and 2 15s. Call quality, close rate, bundle sale, home security, sales focus time, ect. The system we use is 15 years old . Training isn't good because most things are situational, meaning you learn as you go . Most of your peers do not do the job accurately, and you get stuck with up happy customers.
Pros
compensation
Cons
PRESSURE FROM SUPERVISORS, high turn over rate, un happy customers
Suporrt
Support Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 14, 2016
I would like to spend more time understanding new products. I feel we learned more with the hands on approach. Variety of different customer problems.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Elimination of position
Amazing benifits and job training.
Universal Home Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
This company has taught me how to work very independently and with a quota. It has an awesome training program for the new incoming employees. It has an awesome employee benefit program.
Cox Communications
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 7, 2016
I truly enjoyed working there and if not for the need to move to another state, I would still be working for them.
Everyone was pleasant to work with on a daily basis. Managers listened and made time to insure that issues were addressed or taken care of at all times.
They compensated us well for our work.
Opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge base were always available.
The people were the most enjoyable part.
The hardest part was leaving the company.
Pros
Great managers and overall the company cares about its employees
Cons
HIghly skilled and learning work place
Tier II Advanced Internet Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 6, 2016
This was an excellent company to work for. They stress developing skills and promoting from within. If not forced to relocate I would still be with this company and had plans on retiring from here.
Pros
facilities, work enviornment very fun.
Cons
Very strick on rules with no desire to work with the everyday lives of its employees.
Employee Focused
SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 6, 2016
Cox cares about employees, benefits great, easy to advance if hard work is put in. Upper management was great, pay okay, benefits good, environment awesome no stress