Cox Communications Inc.

Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search
Challenging always changing
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
Benefits are great at Cox Communications. The culture is okay. If your not use to being harassed to donate to Cox Charities your in for a real treat.

Sales quotas change constantly, If your sales quota is 150 sales per month and you hit 160, your new sales goal is more than likely going to be 160. They do everything they can to keep you in the pay range that they want you to be in.

Do not blow it out of the water, you will begin to feel as though you are being penalized for it by the sales quota increasing all the time.

If you ask management for anything, they do not respond in a timely manner. Especially when you really need them. When their are changes, management usually tells you last minute. Not cool!
Benefits
Cons
Managment doesn't care about you. Sales quotas are not realistic.
Best place I have ever worked
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2016
Cox is an amazing place to work due to the best opportunity for success . There is training in the beginning to prepare you for the floor . There is constant training with new products and changes in rules and regulations for fcc etc . The products are all available to employees at a fraction of the cost to ensure we have product knowledge. The management and executive staff are all very available to suggestions and ideas.
Pros
benefits, pay, growth, retirement, products, culture
Cons
No call center inn San Diego
Not as easy as they beleive
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2016
A typical day is spent at your personal cubicle providing tech support to customers, I learned how to troubleshoot telecommunications products and that Contour was a piece of manure. Management was great until they fired everyone- watch out for certain supervisors they are position hungry and play favorites. Co-workers are fun, hard-working people there is a level of stress but usually community. The hardest part of the job is learning what they don't have time to teach in training. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid.
Pros
pay rate, benefits, culture when special occassions are near, incentives
Cons
The point system at the time I was employed, supervisors given too much power, ranking and csat system unfair
Cox is Very High Stress - not customer friendly
Member Retention Representative Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
The Retention Department's main focus is sales not retention. The best interest of the customer is not as important as the speed of your calls and adding on additional services. System issues with computers are not addressed on a timely manner or taken into account on your job performance. Cox offers great compensation and benefits but this doesn't make up the poor track record of management or staff training. I would not recommend.
Pros
Free cable, internet service, insurance, time off
Cons
Management, advancement, very high stress
Customer Care, Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70806December 12, 2016
Too many cliques, within senior management hinder many employees from reaching their full potential. Employee attrition rate is at an all time high. I would not recommend anyone apply at Cox, until some serious house cleaning within senior leadership is done.
Pros
Health Insurance benefits and 401(k)
Cons
If a manager, director and/or vice president does not like you, but you are one of their best employees; they will fire you.
Good for younger college aged people or retired
Home Security Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2016
If you have no real responsibilities of bills in your personal life, this is a fantastic job to support yourself. Not so much if you have a family coming into this position specifically as your initial salary is non-negotiable. Good management does make the job easier and the ability to work from home is convenient.
Pros
First day benefits
Cons
Sales job masquerading as tech support. This will annoy the more technically inclined.
call center environment
Tier II Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2017
took inbound calls for customers needing help with internet,cable or phone
learned a lot about the communications world. management was always great but couldn't help you advance. hardest part of job was the angry customers and back to back calls because there were never enough people on the phones at night. most enjoyable part was getting to talk to people from all over the US and getting close with my co-workers
Pros
free food, prizes and commission if you sold services
Cons
not a work life balance
Best company I have ever worked for.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
outstanding company with many avenues for career paths. awesome culture with work/life balance and good pay. would take another job there if offered.
Pros
career advancements, great leadership, good pay
Cons
Lots of compitition for postions
Solutions Specialist
tech support
team building
dealing with collection issues
meeting new people
Pros
Benefits and complimentary services
Cons
work life balance and promotions were rigged
Not acceptable
Tech Support/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
I worked here for some time and once I fell ill and needed medical accommodations the HR department refused to work with my Dr. and continued to ask him for more and more information in order to drag the issue out as long as possible. They then looked for any reason whatsoever in order to terminate my employment due to me becoming more of a liability during the time that I was ill.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
accommodations, management, work environment
Positive supportive environment
Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2016
I was employed with Cox Business through a temp agency. This job was probably the best job I've had for many reasons. Here are some of those:

-Positive work environment (people support one another)
-They provided 4 weeks of paid training (they invest in their success)
-Management is both professional and approachable
-Clear work expectations
-You are given the tools and the follow up to be successful
-Good hours (9-6 Mon thru Fri) Chances are if you are there longer you may have the earlier 7am or 8am shifts.
-Overtime was OPEN unless you were told it was CLOSED (I had OT on every paycheck)
-There is mandatory OT at times (job security)
-Friendly staff

I unfortunately was only employed here for 3 months but the MGMT was willing to give me a good review and or letter of reccomendation( I moved out of state)

I worked in the Service Delivery department and my job title was Order Coordinator in the Business side of it (not residential)
Pros
Good pay, good hours, Mon thru Fri, pleasant atmosphere, good training
Cons
N/A
great company to work for
Lead Retail Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 4, 2017
i work for cox communications for over a year i thought it was a great company to work for with amazing benefits, for example paid time off, visual, dental and medical benefits. management was very helpful and always willing to help. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress of the job but its rewarding when i was able to make a customer happy.
benefits
Cons
schedueling
Great Place to Work for
Service Call Analyst Sr - Network Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Cox Communications is a great place to work for. The company has great benefits. Take advantage of the 401k, tuition reimbursement, and discounted cable, phone and internet services. It is a great place to build a career. I believe it is one of the few places that still provides pension.
Pros
401k, tuition reimbursement, discounted services on cable, phone and internet.
Cons
None that I can think of at the moment.
Cool work place with a pool table.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
Cox is a okay company to work for. Its only okay because of the things I learned while working there. learning the background of a computer was the best thing cox offered me. The management team are all pawns. As soon as someone comes down on them, they will come down on you. The people that you work with are fine. They are all in the same position as you, so they are walking on egg shells too. The hardest part about the job is feeling like at any point you can be fired if they want you gone. They have a point system and that's whats used to fire people most of the time. I loved my job. Management just wasn't the best. When i was released of my duties, they turned around and fired 3 of their managers at the site where I was.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
If you are good on the phones, they will keep you on them.
Fun Workplace and nice peers, hard to move up/goals keep getting higher and higher to achieve commission
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 10, 2017
-Take inbound calls of all types throughout the day
-Turn every call into a sales conversation
-Upsell customers and offer all products Cox offers on each call
-Continuous change in environment and operating systems, so each employee has to adapt to the changes

I have learned a lot about the cable industry while working at Cox. I have seen many people who come and go and sometimes it can be a stressful environment. It has benefits and 401k, which is a plus, and also pays hourly plus commission. When I started goals were in the mid 200's and now they're close to 400 per month. It is a friendly and fun atmosphere to work in, sometimes too fun and loud. It is a good company overall and reputable, I still work there and am just seeing what my options are.
Pros
Fun environment with incentives for sales weekly, friendly peers who help others, free food at least once a week, more call you take then the more money you can make
Cons
Sometimes it gets a little too fun and loud, trying to reach goals and hit commission can be stressfull at times, every single detail of the job is measured and reported daily for all to see, advancement opportunities are tough to come by, Aetna insurance is awful which they provide
Benefits are outstanding, helping customers was rewarding but work was constantly answering incoming calls back to back with no downtime.
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 20, 2016
I worked 10 hour days 4 days a week. Repetitive incoming calls, back to back. Troubleshooting/problem solving continually. The benefits were great and started right after employment. Discounted services for all employees.

The cons were micromanagement, favoritism, nepotism, lack of management training for those put in charge of others. Pettiness, shaming employees publicly when they failed to meet sales quotas stating, "you're letting your team down", "Look at this new employee who has sold so much better than you!" in team meetings.

Strict absentee and tardy rules, constantly facing possible termination and being reminded of it constantly. Basically, highschool mentality. Lack of recognition for innovative thinking, jealousy and micro management without genuine acknowledgement and empathy from supervisors. Being a "senior" and constantly hearing in meetings and in conversation, how basically unteachable, frustrating and basically stupid, seniors were to work with and how much they dreaded getting one on the phone. Toxic work environment.

Also, the stringent pressure to sell, sell, sell with limited access to promotions and/or tools to sincerely assist the customer made the job, finally intolerable for me.
Pros
Games, great benefit package and some room for improvement
Cons
Micromanagement, public shaming, promoting people to management prior to having them pass a mental and emotional assessment
Fantastic Work Place
Customer Care Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2016
Cox Communications is an incredible employer, and you get what you put into it. With a transparent management, a fun work environment, and plenty of opportunities for advancement, Cox Communications is a company worth building a career with.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexible management
Cons
tech support and account services is high-stress
Horrible Abusive Customers-No support from Management
Supervisor Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2016
Management is all about Metrics and no support for work-at-home-which had it's own team and then company mixed the two together and support went from marginal to horrible. Thought I'd work there till retirement but they discriminated against my higher wage and vacation package --lost a devoted multiple-year employee and got some poor sap to take my place for half the price.
Pros
Too upset to list any
Cons
They get rid of you when your salary goes beyond $20.00/hour
Fun, Supportive, Great Place to Work
Technical Support Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2016
Working every day to make Cox a great place to work for employees. Constant Activities, Very understanding attendance policy, Managers always in training to increase productivity and employee satisfaction. Fun place to work.
Pros
Staff, Atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours, Call Center, salary could be better
Good Company Overall
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Good Company overall just depends on department and management you end up working for. Good Benefits and company perks.
Pros
Compensation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Communications Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.