Cox Communications Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,631 reviews matching the search
if you are self driven this is a great company
RETAIL STORE CALL CENTER SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2017
I worked at the call center and had alot of opportunity to increase my metric and make lots of money on sales. i worked there over 7 yrs ago so im not sure how it is structured anymore
Not really a tech support job
Call Center Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85027August 16, 2017
Management insisted on support agents focus on selling new products rather than providing solutions. Job performance reviews were overwhelmingly based on sales rather than first call resolution, avoidable truck roles.
Pros
Good benefits. Nice co-workers
Cons
Focus on sales rather than solutions yet didn't pay commission
good place to work
Professional Sales Consultant for Cox Homelife (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2017
good place to work need to pay better. good work environment it has been a friendly please to work for almost twelve years now but they should really pay their employees better
Pros
people you work with
Cons
pay
Not always golden
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2017
I love anything tech savvy however when you get in an environment where the manager is new an thinks they are above everyone this is when you run into problems with your employees not coming to work or showing ip on time. Metrivs tend to fade like the wind on a humid day.
Great Company
Front Counter Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 15, 2017
Great employees and training . Advancement within company. great employment benefits. High customer satisfaction requirements to assure the best customer service experience with clients
Great culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 15, 2017
I actually took the position in the field because my son was hit by a vehicle. He needed more surgeries and the benefits kicked in 100% after 1st month. Great company...still in contact with several employees!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Field position to hard on body
Productive and educational workplace
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed being a technician for Cox. I learned a lot and met some inspirational people. Helping the customers with their issues made me feel good and appreciated. The work never gets boring, is never too challenging, and never too easy
Pros
Good pay, and meet a lot of people
I love it
Escalation Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2017
I am looking for a new opportunity, but I have to say Cox is a fair and fun place to work. I love management and my co-workers, I am just looking to go back to my career field, which is auto finance.
Pros
Fabulous benefits and great team and leadership.
Cons
Schedule can be unfavorable.
Large corporation with hometown feel
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2017
The Cox corporation is a large business with hometown focus. They still care about rhe employee and the community. They are somewhat disorganized making it hard to get things done.
Pros
Employee and community friendly
Cons
Disorganized
Nice company
National Sales Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2017
Nice place to work. Can be stressful at moments as with any job. But they do compensate you for that and there is opportunity for growth. They give you the tools and support you need so succeed as long as you do your part.
Okay Place!
Security Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
Worked in the Dispatcher Security Department, I met some great people. I established some lasting relationships, learned and grew within the company during my time.
Great Work/Life BAlance
Network Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Effective leadership always willing to engage. Opportunity for advancement. Great mentoring programs. Offers great a balance.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Na
Privately held company that is a leader in the media and communications industry
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Cox Communications has an inclusive culture with a strong executive leadership team. Cox Enterprises continues to invest in all entities to ensure that they are competitive and are viable long term.
great company
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
Great company to work for and very enjoyable environment. Support management and employee. Lots of training and onsite events for employees. Discount lunch program.
Good Company
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 8, 2017
Good environment to work in. be on time though to get the good shifts and be able to produce daily. overall good long term people work there and management is cool
n/a
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2017
Normal call center job. basic tech support knowledge needed. Need to be able to up-sell products and services to be successful. Does allow work from home.
It alright
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2017
I was a contractor so it wasn't all that great the pay was wonder but the management was horrible if your good with keeping up with your points for the job it's a job for you
Fun place to work
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
An overall fun place to work. Great perks while working there with surprise lunches and things like movie tickets and promo gifts for employees. People are fun and management joins in.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Pay could be slightly higher.
Great Company to work for
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 8, 2017
Cox is a great company to work for. You get better than average benefits and a relaxed work environment. Very political in all decisions. Pay tends to be lower than average but makes up in benefits and work/life balance
Cox
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 7, 2017
Would use this position as a stepping stone and nothing more. Not a very secure job unless all you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life is sell cable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Communications Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.