Cox Communications

Cox Communications United States Employee Reviews

collections of past due accounts
Collections/Retention Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
Pros: Money, experience, people
Cons: possible lay offs always looming
Taking inbound and making outbound calls in a fast pasted environment 200 + calls per day

to be understand when collecting money for services you never know when you might be on the other side of the phone
Needs work
Excellent
Nothing Talking to different people every day, getting very interesting facts about all different kind of people. and make bonus and commission
My time at Cox Communications.
IT Helpdesk Analyst I (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, I was able to work from home.
Cons: It was hard to move up in the company. I wanted to expand my knowledge, but that was difficult.
I grew up while working for Cox Communications. The environment was very positive at the beginning. I learned quite a bit about telecommunications. The job helped me established myself as a technician. I gained the knowledge of cabling and troubleshooting. The job added to my computer skills. I also learned about being a leader and also the politics of a professional environment (the chains of command).
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Support Info Coordinator, Customer Care Operations (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
GREAT MANAGEMENT. VERY CONSIDERATE OF WORK/LIFE BALANCE. EVERYONE IS WILLING TO SHARE KNOWLEDGE AND ACCOLADES. AMAZINGLY NURTURING ENVIRONMENT.
Very productive, and energetic workplace
Technical Support (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Affordable healthcare benefits
Cons: Open 24-7, and schedules may not fit your personal life dynamic
I typical workday can be like a Monday everyday due to this being a very busy work environment, and also being that it open 24-7. Sometimes it can be hard when a customer may refuse help, when actually calling in for help. It can also be hard when you want to honestly resolve a issue on your own independently, but an issue requires more attention than your able to give over the phone. Everyone seems to get along fairly well, the level of professionalism is stellar compared to other companies I have worked for.
Cox Review
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), manchester ctApril 13, 2015
typical day at work was mainly customer service and sales ive learned the different in service offered by our cable company , overall great experience
Technical Support (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 11, 2015
Great place to work. They treat their customers and employees like royalty. Definitely wish I still was there. You answer inbound calls help with technical issues and up sale products with promotions.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 8, 2015
I loved my time at Cox Communications. Professional, friendly environment. Goals were clearly communicated from management down to employees.
Productive, promote from with in
Application Administrator IV (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short Staffed
Great place to work. Always room for growth as long as you apply your self. Hardest part of the job is the differing hours from week to week if in an operations role.
Poor Training/Management
Traffic Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2015
The duties of the Traffic Specialist position are not complex, however working in a production environment under the micro-management of several managers creates a stressful atmosphere. Scheduling is an issue as there are mandatory Saturday workdays that begin at 6AM. Often times you will be asked to work on your off day to assist w/ the daily metrics that need to be met due to the complexity of commercial spots needing to be placed. I have learned a lot in regards to the front end of the media profession however due to scheduling and lack of adequate training for the Traffic Specialist position creates an issue in being effective in this role.
Horrible place to work for.
Technical Support Representative¬†(Former Employee) (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Pay is decent for a call center, vacation time is decent, and benefits are good.
Cons: The management is horrible, the supervisors like to embarrass employees in front of others, the supervisors only care about sales, not interested in fixing customer issues, not family oriented.
This company is horrible to work for. Their software is outdated and hard to use. Management is unapproachable and likes to browbeat employees. They expect their tech support to be more sales oriented and less focused on fixing customers issues. All they care about is stats and sales so the supervisors can get their bonuses. In meetings all they do is try to embarrass employees who they feel aren't living up to their standards which is constantly changing and made more difficult. They have shut down several call centers and consolidated and now they have doubled their expectations of sales from last year. It seems they have a thousand ways they can fire you over the smallest issues. Although legally they can't make you do this, they strongly suggest you cut your 3 breaks short if you run over on a call to stay within adherence. In other words they want you to work for free just so you stay within adherence. They have all these different screens you're supposed to log different things in and only give you 30 seconds to do it which is nearly impossible and right down ridiculous. There are outages just about every night which increases the call volume and they want a certain percentage of sales based on calls taken from already angry customers. If a customer wants a technician out but the technician deems it was an avoidable visit, then they get you on avoidable truck roll. No matter how well you're doing they always say you need improvement. The new shift bid they put in place this year is absolutely ridiculous. The list goes on and on.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
So many to list benefits, benefits, benefits!!! Culture and values oriented and customer/employee focused. They CARE!!

I can not think of any cons. I was out after training but that was because I am more customer service oriented than aggressive sales oriented. I hold this company in the highest esteem and will reapply if something more suited to me comes along.

Advice to Management
Keep on keeping on and may your business be blessed and profitable. It was an honor to train at your company
Haven't worked there in so long
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Cons: average pay
It was a good entry level job at the time when I was very young. I learned quite a bit about being a technical support representative there. I worked with some cool people as well.
Fun place to work.
Communication Sales Representative/Inside Sales (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 30, 2015
Good company for some one starting out in the inside sales or communication profession. Fair training program with an upbeat and relaxed environment.
Amazing Company to work for and grow with
Corporate Retail Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 30, 2015
Cox communications is a wonderful privately held company that does right in the community and for their employees. They do a great job at retaining employees and advancing them in their careers. Walking through the halls, you will find that most employees are long term employees who have been with cox for 5-20 years or more.
Excellent company, excellent benefits
Team Leader (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Earned extensive vacation hours, no weekends required. Management open for suggestions
Cons: Short breaks, several hours OJT.
Excellent company to work for. Rising competition required downsizing of various departments within organization.
managed contractors
Project Manager (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: loved the job
Cons: taveling
I was in charged of managing the rebuild of 2 CATV systems.
I also assisted with 2 others.
I was required to manage a number of contractors, from Bossier City to Lake Charles, La,
Used to be a fun place
Collector Spec II (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free cable and internet
Cons: Low pay
This company does not try to retain best associates. Tenure does not mean anything. Job security is not important to them. They will give your job to a 3rd party.
Na
Retail Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 24, 2015
Great company to work for. I enjoyed the opportunity while at Cox Communications...................................................................
Sales Driven Company
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
Typical day: Required to open and close store daily.
What I learned: Every customer has a different scenario.
Management: Micro-management.
Co-workers: will do anything to sell.
Hardest part of the job: keeping pace of sales quota.
Most enjoyable part of job: best day of the job is going home after a great sales day.
Very Good Organization
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 23, 2015
Cox is very good and nice organization. i love to work with them. and i defiantly recommend it for my friends too.

Good work. Keep doing it.

Thanks for giving me a chance to work with this organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Salaries