Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

Enjoyable field work, not stuck within four walls all day.
CATV Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily, as well as seeing new places.
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my experience with Cox Communications because I was out and about each and every day, not stuck in a monotonous building/office all day. I also enjoyed the experience of being able to be creative as far as running outlets, wall drops, etc. and thoroughly enjoyed being able to use my hands and feeling the fulfillment at the end of every job – more... just knowing that I did it, not only with my own two hands, but also along with a little thinking and creativity. – less
Great Pay, Boring Company
Competitive Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: pay, location, development, projects
Cons: unstable, boring, not social
I've been working here for a while as a contractor. The pay is great, management is very smart and there is a lot of responsibility. No one is taking your work, or ideas. But it is a Corporate Blue Collar job. So if that's what your looking for its perfect for you.
Customer focused and employee friendly environment
Manager, Technical Support (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
Cox creates a supportive environment that encourages it's employees to pursue advancements within the organization. It is a team environment where everyone supports each other.
Great Place to work, if you can and will work any schedule.
Technical Support I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: poor schedules
Cox is a great place to work, if you can and will work any shift. The benefits are fantastic as most of your cable bill will be free. The work at home feature is wonderful as it can be a hassle to go into the actual call center.
retention rep
retention rep (Current Employee), chesapeake vaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: change in company
Managed high call volume with tact and professionalism.
l Defused volatile customer situations calmly and courteously.
l Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues
typical day at work
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), LA caOctober 14, 2014
• Troubleshot different type of computer, Printers, Copiers, hardware and network related problems. Trained in most Hp printers, cannon copiers installation and hardware configuration.
Best company Ive worked for!
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: all!!
This was my very first REAL job, and I must say that i was very impressed with the way things were run. The open door policy made it easy to get your thoughts and opinions across, and everything is very well managed. They care about their employees and customers than anything else, and the fun environment helps keep the stress of sales down to an all – more... time low. – less
Excitin, Fast Paced environment with excellent people
NSC Sup,Tech Support MGR. Field Sup. (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Pros: discounted cable
Cons: limited time outside
Manager-A typical day for me would be to engage with employees, meet with my Director and discuss the latest activities going on. review my multiple projects and give him an update on my progress on all of them.
I would check in with my supervisors and see if there are anything they need me to help with. I would then head to my office and see to the – more... 1200+ emails a day, participate in all my focus groups and projects.
Supervisor- I would hold a morning meeting with all my Tech's. I would see if they need anything from me. I would check out converter boxes, give them their monthly one on one's. I would proceed to the field and perform quality checks on my whole team. I would review, compliment, train, coach or reprimand my employees based on their quality of work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a truck and working in the field with my team. The worst part was not being able to satisfy an customer. all though this has happened only a couple of times, that is my biggest fear, and I try everything to make sure that doesn't happen. – less
Great worplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 3, 2014
In training there was a lot of information provided to help with the job resposibilites. Once on the floor there was a lot of help taking calls when needed.
Enjoyable and challenging place to work
Customer Service Retention Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2014
I’m a dedicated and focused individual who excels at prioritizing and completing all tasks assigned to me. I currently handle incoming and outgoing calls in assisting customers and employees from all over the U.S. as well as face to face interaction. I’m organized, detail-oriented, and responsible. I have several years of experience in customer service, – more... special projects, typing reports, research, planning, computer skills, and communication. – less
Employees here are wonderful to work with. I have a wonderful boss.
Cust. Care Rep and Rev. Margin Assurance Rep (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: we have a gym, we have product fairs, fun activities during the holidays. you are treated with respect.
You have the opportunity to transfer to other jobs or grow in your present job.

Great benefits!
Productive and ecouraging place to work
Outsource Vendor Support Management (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Everyone from management down cares about the customer and their experience.
People from every department do their best to find easier and cost effective ways to enhance the experience and the services the company provides. Not only for the customer but for the employees as well.
Technical Support Fiascal.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free service provided to employees.
Cons: lower managment takes advantage, upper managment just doesn't care about employees.
Work loads extreme, intercommunication overload to the point of irrelevant information being pushed to tier 1 support reps. Very low level of recognition for your efforts even when you take initiative. Lower management is typically short handed and railroading with subordinates. Ethnically diverse environment. Strict "adherence" policy, to the point – more... of being highly stressful. Only real benefit was healthcare and free internet and television services. – less
Great Company with Great Training
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 27, 2014
Great benefits, coworkers and job stability. No real opportunity for career growth. Work environment was sometimes anxiety-ridden.
Excellent place to work and grow with the company.
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 22, 2014
Professional place to work and provide room for advancement.
A good experience
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Many good people to work with, many new processes to put into place. You won't get bored working here.
A great place to work, great people and very supportive mangers
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: onsite cafe, free coffee, a gym
Cons: my drive over 1.45 to 2 hours
I’m very lucky to have a flexible schedule, I work closely with my corporate office that is out of state with communications that will impact our agents on the floor. My company is very supportive in our community, I’m able to volunteer for several events throughout the year.

My job consists of sending and updating communications and m&p’s for the – more... agents that support our customers. – less
Almost everyday something was broke.
Client Technical Support (Former Employee), Syracuse New York.September 16, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: un kept promises. bad equipment.
My attitude could have been better. I work with Sutherland Global as an outsourced employment. Things were new and ever changing.
Project Management
Project Manager I (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: remote position
Cons: company downsizing
Receive Projects, create scope, and outline project, work with stakeholders and work stream leaders to complete the project on time. Monitor documentation making all items are prepared and archived. monitor budget and cost spending of project. Various Project Management duties.
Cox Communications
CCRT-Intern (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work was me getting a cup of coffee when I walked in around 5:30 every morning. After my coffee I would go to my desk and log in/clock in as everyone else does. Then once I was clocked in I put myself on call and waited for a customer to get connected to my line. I learned how to troubleshoot video, phone, and data services and how – more... to be a good customer services rep. All in all, Cox Communications was a great place to work as a CCRT-Intern. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos