Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

A new experience every day to learn and build off of as a person and employe
Digital Store Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
Pros: Interaction with customers was enjoyable
Cons: Weekends were not always provided off
Digital store reps were available for customers to go directly to and drop off or pick up equipment. They were also used to provide face to face new sales and advisement regarding technology to the consumer. I liked the interaction with the customer and prefered to be at events when offererd to get more involved with the consumer and other competitors. This job had strong sales mantality and you had to always be on your toes due to the open forum.
Excellent place to work, but long days.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Orange County,CAJune 23, 2015
Good Company to work for. Work never seems to slow down. All contractors keep busy and more work is available if the tech is willing to work more. it is a fast paced type of field work. Management is ok, things could be better managed and operations improved.
Immediate management really cares about employees, loved my peers
High Speed Internet Technical Support (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Worked from home for quite a few years
Cons: mass layoffs the end of last 2014 in California
Cox Communications is an awesome company. The immediate management really cared about the employees. From office parties, moral boosters like smoothie day, carnival day are just some of the many perks that I enjoyed while I was there. I would recommend them to anyone as an awesome place to work. Cox also had good advancement opportunities, and job training. The hardest part was the time limit that we had to works with customers, but the many perks made up for it.
A great company overall but definitely a few areas that could use improvement.
Customer Retention Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas NevadaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free cable services, pension, tuition reimbursement program
Cons: Little room for growth and advancement, the commission structure
A typical work day is very busy, long, and more stress then the average job. I have learned better communication skills, management skills, stress management, and how to deal with different personalities and learning styles. The management in my particular department was is for the most part. Some a little more available, open minded, understanding, and willing to work with you than others. The co-workers are great. Easy to talk to and work with and will go out their way to help when they can. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the decisions made by management. Its hard to work in an environment where you don't feel appreciated or valued as an employee. The most enjoyable part of my job is the commission opportunities and also the group activities or fun events the company plans to help ease some of the stress from the job.
Outbound Sales
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2015
Pros: Pay, Healthcare
Cons: schedule, Management
Contact existing consumers in regards to other areas of opportunity of sales through Cox products. The idea was to grow or maintain revenue on each call.
The job was cool
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Deer Valley, AZJune 19, 2015
Pros: Advancement, Culture, Benefits, commission
Cons: Management, IT Department
As a leader I had a lot of responsibility for the team. My team looked up to me. It was overwhelming at times but I liked the job overall. There was a lot of change over the 6 months I worked for the company so I did run into some problems. Like the IT department left Arizona all together and relocated to Atlanta, Georgia. The relocation of the department cause me to have late paychecks. I couldn't log in to the cox secured system to choose my benefits. it's been a mess lately
Alright place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 19, 2015
Pros: pray raises
Cons: no rapid advancement
Job not at all difficult, products provided by cox mostly does not work and customers are frustrated. Internet speeds are not as fast as they claim on commercials and video on demand is the issue most customers have trouble with. As a company cox is okay, compensation is truly great if you do you work and adhere to your schedule you do have opportunity to get pay raises as often as every 6months and on you anniversary employment date.
Compensation/Benefits were good.
Consumer and Specialty Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: work schedule
Cox Communications (Autotrader.com) was a good place to work and paid well. I wanted to return to school to start my career in Information Technology and the company wouldn't allow me to change my schedule to accomplish this.
Good company to work for.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2015
Good company, great benifits. Calls center is decent. Non stop calls on most days. Change supervisors every 6 months. I was progressing fine with first 2 supervisors. The 3rd supervisor did not work well with me which lead to me leaving company.
Family oriented work enviroment
Corporate Vendor Relations Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Advancement oppurtunity, Overall friendly work enviroment
Cons: Department Silos
Dream job where ample training and mentoring was made available. It's not often that you find a place where you get along with everyone but that was the case at Cox.

Hardest part of the job was working thru silos in other departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall commitment to the customer that they take pride in meeting.
fast pace
third party connection specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2015
A call center setting, where ur constantly answering lines to assist our customers with billing, product,change order, and many more questions they may have.
Great Team To Work With
Executive Assistant Human Resources (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 16, 2015
Pros: Reduced Cable Service
Cons: N/A
Best position ever throughout the company! Enjoyed meeting and greeting guests. Loved the interaction at our department meetings.
Fast paced, with fun family atompsphere
Capacity Specialist II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: self development, great benefits
Typical work day as a member of the capacity team, managing field force schedules, and builing work load accordingly. Compailing productive daily routes.
A great place to learn to work with boundry partners and cross reference between different departments.
Hardest part of the job was working remotely from the areas in which you were assigned to.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the contiuous learning opprotunities and self developmant
Great Place
Account Representative (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great PAY
Cons: LAYOFFS
My team was great, we all worked together on how to make our jobs as easy as possible for us and our customers. How to solve issues and sell more products so that everybody could be satisfied with their products
Serving ones Country has all the reward one can ask for
Inbound Sales Consultant II (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Amazing supervisors and Management
- 8:30 Mon-Thr 8-12 (as top 5% rep in the East was able to build my own schedule)
- I learned how to lead a team as both my two supervisors team leader. I assisted new members on my team in learning and following sales strategies that lead to higher sales and increased revenue.
- Over 100 coworkers on sales team alone and for the most part I stayed to myself.
- Hardest thing about the job was also the most enjoyable, which was overcoming objections and closing a sale that would assist customer for years to come.
Very productive workplace with flexible hours
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2015
Pros: paid training
Cons: shift work
Cox Communications was a good place to work because it is a company that took the time to train their employees. I learned technical procedures to assist the customers over the phone with technical issues. My typical work day consisted of answering in bound calls in a call center environment.
Enjoyed it while it lasted
Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2015
Pros: Free internet and cable. Great benefits package.
Cons: Upper management
I enjoyed my twelve years there, until they outsourced the Help desk and Desktop teams.
A typical day was being on the phones or chat assisting Cox employees with issues with their work computers and phones.
A good place to work.
Senior Resolution Specialist. Tier 2. (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 12, 2015
Pros: Discounts on services, 10 hour days. Good teamwork.
Cons: Mean customers telling you how much they hate the company.
I enjoyed helping customers with their Phone, Data and Video issues and resolving them without a truck roll. I enjoyed hearing the customer tell me that they have had 5 people look at their issue but I was the only one able to resolve it for them.
Technical Support Tier 2
Technical Support Tier 2 (Former Employee), Akron, OhioJune 5, 2015
Pros: helping
Cons: not being able to help
This job was very gratifying be able to help someone fix their cable and internet plus order whatever new devices or products they would be interested in to enhance their lives. I had the importunity to meet some very nice people and some not so nice but in the end it balance out and i was very successful in my time there.
you get free or a discount on cable
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no direction with overall company at this time
I would not return to work there. They are doing too many re-org/ restructure and it would be too uncertain if your job would last. I was there over 10 years and was laid off. I would wait until they actually have a direction before you went there unless its like a customer service job. They are always hiring for those.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Salaries

$55,000 per year
Customer Service Representative
$12.00 per hour

Cox Communications Photos

Excited to celebrate solar at Cox Communications in Rhode Island.
Cox Communications female leaders on the cover of CableFAX's "Most Powerful Women in Cable" issue.
Cox employees volunteering at the Sweep the Hooch clean up.