Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

Cox was a good company to work for.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: paycheck and benefits
Cons: its a call center
My position at Cox was in a call center. The environment could be stressful a times because the call volume would be high and we would be very short-handed and have to do at least an hour of mandatory overtime everyday with thirty minute lunches.
Great benefits and good work environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Was at Cox for 17 years... great company. Good resources and lots of opportunities to move around in the company across the country.
great company
Pre caller (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJuly 17, 2014
a typical day sign on computer and punch in, put our head phones on the start making calls until it was time to leave. this company like to have employees move up the ladder. Sometimes having game time, ice cream social and fun to break up the day. they were very employee friendly..................
strict company to work for
Customer Satisfaction Analyst II (Former Employee), Oklahoma CItyJuly 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, benefits and pay
Cons: strict
busy, management was very strict. Hardest part of the job was the fact that they were not flexible
Good company
Universal Home Technician (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2014
Cox definitely takes care of their employees. The benefits are good and they encourage the work / home life balance.
Productive place to work
Ad Traffic Specialist (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 14, 2014
Prepare and process daily contracts and confirmation forms and schedule change forms; prepare client schedules;
▪ Preparation and creation of the daily program logs and traffics the spots for each of the system's channels that carry
advertising.
▪ Proficient with the Traffic and Billing Software and conduct programming and software updates. Responsible – more... for the
software maintenance, ensuring T&B is running correctly.
▪ Responsible for the printing and distribution of daily reports including inventory, sales reports, and system
performance reports.
▪ Create invoice affidavits for the proper billing of advertising customers including co-op and promotional. Responsible
for preparation of month end closing reports from traffic and billing – less
Great place to work.
Technical Support (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: call center is closing.
Great place to work, good benefits..learned a lot about troubleshooting.
Loved Job
Universal Home Service Technician (Former Employee), Edmond, OklahomaJuly 11, 2014
Pros: i was the face of the company, and directly impacted customers
Cons: sometimes there were hot and tight attic spaces
I would get my route every morning on my laptop, trying to arrange route and make sure to be able to hit all time frames, so time management was very important. When you arrived at each customers house you had to be able to hear and understand what issue they where having and use that information along with your tools to fix the problem in a timely – more... fashion. Unfortunately routers and dispatchers don't have a grasp of what can potentially go wrong in the field so they are trying to get jobs out of the work pool and sometimes cause us to be late due to excessive drive times. But all you can do is stay in contact with the customer and make them aware that you are coming and that they are important. 95 percent of the time they were very understanding. – less
Fun place to work since I supported the sales staff
B2B Service Order Coordinator II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with and their business customers
Cons: when i wanted to help a customer but it was against company policy
 Persuaded a business client from breaking a $200,000.00 account
 Ensured business clients always received the highest level of customer service
 Collected on accounts that were 60 days plus pass due
 Responsible for over 300 business accounts
 Issued adjustments, handled customer disputes, scrubbed invoice to insure billing was correct
 Monitored – more... and maintained 300-business telecommunication accounts
 Made courtesy calls to business account whose contract was close to contract end date
 Facilitated loop qualifications and confirmed address matched the CSR
 Up-sold at a rate of 30%, upgrading customers to different plans and packages
 Identified and prioritized open issues around account receivable discrepancies assisted customers regarding pricing, features, billing and invoice issues, account adjustments – less
Fun place to work
Universal Home Technician (Current Employee), Parma, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: excellent job
Cox Is a really good company to work for, unfortunately I am anxious to utilize my degree which is in Psychology. The pay and benefits are great and the atmosphere is very family like. In fact I find myself being close to my coworkers.
Great Environment, great people to work with
Senior Business Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 8, 2014
Great Environment, great people to work with.
Enjoyed the company but my drive to work was too long
Diversity as one value
SENIOR SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 7, 2014
Cox relies on their employees to succeed in meeting the expectations of Cox values in terms of respect, empathy, product and service
Open
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaJuly 4, 2014
Cox is a great company to work for. They offer great benefits and it also take great care of their employees.
Very stressful job
Tier II Tech I Support Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2014
Taking phone calls on a daily basis. My co-workers are great. I have learned to be patient. Management is very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers on the phone.
Same as last Suddenlink bought Cox.
Technician II (Former Employee), Morrilton, ARJune 29, 2014
Pros: same as suddenlink.
Cons: same as suddenlink.
Suddenlink Bought Cox.
Same reveiw cause I have the same management.
Very conservative; not willing to risk innovation
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2014
Very conservative; not willing to risk innovation. It is a relaxed, low pressure respectful work environment but with a ll teh dirty politics of a large corporation.
Great Company
Technical Support Representative - Tier 3 (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 25, 2014
Good company, sold my region to another cable company. Enjoyed working for the company.
Great Place to work
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, FP&A (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: excellent facilities
Cons: little growth opportunity
Little room for growth unless you're apart of the "in crowd"
Telecommunication Company with excellent benefits
Customer Sat Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha, NeJune 23, 2014
Pros: all benefits
Cons: some weekends and holidays required to work
Run a daily report on any overdue survey alerts from surveys sent to customers to fill out. Complete a weekly call count report showing how many calls were scored per team and if scored by supervisor or another agent. Weekly calibrations with managers and supervisors to make sure we are all on the same page with call monitoring. Listen to calls daily – more... supervisors have scored to make sure we stay 95% or better aligned. Meet weekly with supervisors and score calls together to asure we are aligned. The hardest part of me job was creating reports in microsoft excel 2010. I have never used excel before and had no idea how to begin. The co-worker that originally did the reports lived in Kansas so I picked up the phone and tried to learn the process over the phone and took excel classes. Wanted more detail so I drove to Kansas for three days and learned alot more functions and how to use them in excel. Now that I have learned the process it is now probably one of my most enjoyable parts of my job, creating new reports and distributing them. – less
Fast Pace Communications Company
Technical Support / Customer Care (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: management not very knowlegable
Assist up to 50 customers per day with technical and billing issues

Products and Services were everchanging

Management was ready to assist but not always well-informed, so there was always a take charge atmosphere

Co Workers were awesome and close

The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve EVERY issue

Most enjoyable part of the job – more... was assisting and gaining rapport with lukewarm customers – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

As the third largest cable provider in the nation, Cox Communications, Inc. is noted for its high-capacity, reliable broadband – Read more

Cox Communications Photos