Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

Face paced environment, great commroderity among fellow employees
Retention Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: employee break room with a pool and ping pong table
Cons: healthcare
I received between 25-50 calls a day from customers looking to save money there bills. I had to overcome objections, and be versed in our competition. We were in teams, and worked very well together, sharing best practices, and save success stories. The management was excellent, and kept us accountable. The hardest part about the job was being bridled – more... a desk for 8+hours a day, and the best part was the commroderity amongst the employees. – less
positive company
Universal Home Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2014
Great co-workers
good supervisors
caring management
great benefits
team oriented
call center
INSIDE SALES, DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: great environment and commission bonuses
Cons: part time/ no health care
Upgrading Cox Communication customers with phone, internet and cable.

Heavy outbound calls, data entry, customer service, some troubleshooting and technical support.

Great pay and atmosphere
It's Decent
Center of Excellence Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: fun atomosphere
Cons: time off
It's hard to get time off at times. Daily it's fine. Managers are ok they help out sometimes. Learned more about sales.
Fun workplace
CSR tier III (Former Employee), West Warwick, RINovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount on cable, internet and phone
Cons: constant adjustment of goals ment it was hard to reach sales goals
took fifty to seventy inbound calls a day
I learned hoe to deal with many different types of people
management was ok and helpful sometimes
co-workers were awesome
the hardest part of the job was dealing with "sales calls" that were not "sales calls"
The most enjoyable part of the job was that we had to deal with and adjust to constant changes, it always – more... kept things fresh. – less
Many lasting friendships with co-workers.
Tier2/Tech 2 Internet/Home Network Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: the company has taken a different focus on how they are managing human resources.
Learned a tremendous amount about communication technology(mainly internet) and also how to effectively help people all across the USA learn how to use this and resolve problems when they arise.
Pleasant work environment
Technical Support Analyst Tier 2 Level 2 (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: food and friends
Cons: shift changes. but necessary for client base.
Position was rigorous and demanding. Active work environment with an ever changing technical need. It was imperative to stay on top of the technology. Coherent and logical troubleshooting of issues was vital for success. Typical work day was busy. My friends and coworkers were the best. I will always remember them and hopefully with a little luck I – more... can work with them again the future. – less
great events for employees
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2014
my time at Cox was great the experience has totally prepared me for the future in how to handle customers
Always something New
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: always new
Cons: supply chain
The day to day operations always brought something new to the table. The greatest part was being on the cutting edge.
Technical Support and Customer Service
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, leave time, atmosphere, fun things planned by management that go on throughout the day at least monthly. nice big, well equipped break room including 3 recliners and a big screen tv as well as full kitchen.
Cons: very low pay, very little autonomy, rigid schedules, no way to make up for time if it is missed or schedule adherence is thrown off..
I assist customers via the telephone all day as the calls come in with a variety of situations. One or more of their services are not functioning properly so I go through a set of troubleshooting steps to try and get the services restored, think outside the box for solutions, able to determine when and to whom I should forward their issue to, or if – more... a service technician needs to go to their home.

Every call, I try to make it an above and beyond call - exceeding their expectations and leaving them with a great feeling about their experience with Cox Communications that day.

Management at all levels of Cox are very involved and supportive, most all of them started at the level that I am currently working so they have first hand knowledge of not only the technical part of the job, but the challenges and rewards as well.

It is a fantastic atmosphere, most employees seem to really care about their job, the company and the customer. Most will say that they also want to give the customer a great experience.

What I love the most about the job, is the constant interaction with the customer. I feel so rewarded when we are able to solve their issue whether it is a service that isn't working, or a new service that they requested, or they are moving so we have facilitated a transfer - whatever the situation and whatever their disposition was when they called, I feel great if they leave the call happy and satisfied with my efforts and they felt my sincerity.

The most challenging part of the job for me is the total control of every second of your day being closely monitored, analyzed and controlled. I like to spend the extra time with one person if I think that it is in the customers best interest. Sometimes to give them the great experience, is by finishing a time consuming project on my own and then making a call back when it is complete. However, the call center world does not allow for that "downtime" from the phones, therefore the customer either has to stay on the phone the whole time you are resolving the issue which often includes other teams so that means hold times. I am still trying to find a good balance for this situation. Also, call center environments are more geared towards, do your part, pass them on to the next team, move on to the next customer and don't look back. This goes against everything that I have done in the past 25 years. – less
very fun and fast paced
Inbound sales representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2014
constantly taking calls and keying orders for new and existing customers.
Fast paced sales environment
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Las vegas, NVNovember 5, 2014
Great environment, high energy, great benefits.

The hardest part of the job is adapting to increasing changes as the company streamlines its job practices ultimately hurting its consumers through constant change in leadership and employee churn.
Great people
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 5, 2014
Pros: very open, caring atmosphere
Cons: pay/benefits
Co-workers and I actually learned and cared for what we did. Management seem to care about the employees and did their best to make it a fun environment.
Tough Job Great Pay
Residential Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Santa MargaritaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great compensation package
Retention was a very tough job but the company compensated you very well so it made it worth it.
Amazing place to work!
National Sales Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2014
Working for Cox is really like being part of a giant family of awesome people. Leadership at all levels really seem to care about those that work for them, and they will do everything possible to support you and help you grow. Of course, not all the work is fun, but I can honestly say there hasn't been a day of working here where I dreaded coming in – more... to work. – less
Challenging, Always Changing
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Crestview, FLNovember 1, 2014
Pros: teamwork atmosphere with peers
Cons: compensation doesn't reward expertise, goals are poorly calculated
Challenging Job, yet rewarding. Management and regional mergers are creating a lot of change. Some changes are good, others are not. Not many advancement opportunities, but the company does promote from within when opportunities present itself. Compensation does not commiserate with experience and expertise.
Excellant Company
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: too many to list
Cons: shift bids for schedules
Loved this job!! They stive to make every one feel valued and that each person is an important part of the big picture.
A place for advancement
Tech support rep (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2014
I loved my job here just for the simple fact that I got to learn so many new things and get paid well during this time.
Professional working environment with fun incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 27, 2014
Pros: schedule, compensation and benefits as well as incentives
Cons: restrictive talk time and man time sometimes made it difficult to fully assist clients
Friendly and helpful staff. Great training. Contests and incentives made the position even more enjoyable. Great coworkers.
Productive, Great co-workers, great employees
IT Desktop Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay, stability, healthcare, opportunity for growth
Cons: lots of discussion of unions, locations to relocate
Very fast paced
Very busy
Most management was very professional
Coworkers were effective and most of the time efficient

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos