Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employee Reviews

Field network Technician (Current Employee), Newton, KSMay 23, 2015
This is a great place to work with many advancement opportunities.
If you enjoy the always changing tech world this is a great place to start.
Outstanding employer that truly puts their employees first
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Pro-active in promotions, competative salary, superb working enironment, great benefits, employees had great moral while at work
Cons: I worked for a small facility and did not have any room for growth at that paticular facility
I had the pleasure of working for Cox Communications twice over a period of 13 years. They were not only the most professional and successful organization I have ever worked for, they were also the best to work for in terms of how I was treated as an employee. I started as an entry level employee and was promoted to a supervisor position within one year. They were very pro-active in recognizing talent and compensated their employees well both monetarily and ethically.

I would give Cox the highest recommendation as an employer to anyone.
Clear understanding of growth opportunities
MARKETING MANAGER, ACQUISITION & RETENTION (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2015
Cox had one of the best training programs and a clear career framework on how to advance your career. Supervisors and above would have to spend an 8 hour day in a different department as part of "Walk a Mile In My Shoes" which was a great way for people to have a better understanding of how each department works and how one department can impact another.
relaxing, cool place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
cox has great benefits. I loved my supervisor. she created a calm, fun environment..i was not micro managed. they fed us pretty good. always had things going on. I loved it.
I received a lot of calls from Macon Georgia to Pensacola Florida
Customer Sales Agent (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridassMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free Cable
Cons: getting yelled at by irate customers
The over all atmosphere was pretty laid back, and the management was helpful. I was at a bit of a disadvantage because my direct supervisor was biased at our Fort Walton Beach office. However, her assistant was always there for us. There was never a shortage of help when I needed it.I learned a lot about the ins and outs of the cable industry, phone services and hi speed internet, or just "data," as it was referred to in house.
Boring mundane not customer friendly
Comm. Center Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
When I stated Cox was a fun place to work. games,swag, bonuses ect. It was all about the customer and the experience they had when calling. Now its all about sales Technical support representatives are required to sales on every call it is 50 percent of the over all monthly score. I have not seen a bonus in 5 years and although my department always exceeded our goals bonuses were with held because other departments did not.
A great company to work for.
Field Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch. 4 day work week.
Cons: 10 hour work day can and may interfere with extra curricular activities.
The work at Cox was never easy. Every house had it's own issues and requirements to be meet. Overall at the end of the day I never felt like I wasn't making a difference in someone's life.
Fun workplace and creative freedom
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free trips, dining out, spas, hotels, airfare, concerts, ect
Cons: Very Busy!
I learned alot at Cox. So many factors go into planning an event, outing, dinner or trip. It let me use my creativity in planning certain events. The hardest part was to make everyone happy. Co workers are great! And there are plenty of perks, as you get to go with them on trips, cruises, ect. Usually 5 star hotels and restaurants. Plenty of downtime when the event is started. Very exciting and fun job.
LOVE IT
Call Volume Analyst (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 13, 2015
I LOVE COX! GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. COX HAVE EXCELLENT BENEFITS. IT'S LIKE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY. YOU GET DISCOUNTED CABLE, HIGH SPEED INTERNET ALONG WITH PHONE SERVICE.
Great Company to wok for...
Video On Demand Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
Cons: parking
What a great company to work for!! Great management, and co-workers. The atmosphere is amazing. Great learning and work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Centerville, VAMay 4, 2015
Worked on the phone taking inbound calls for cable internet and phone service. Worked at a desk everyone in the work place was friendly and upbeat. a lot of health competition
I don't want to waste any mpore of precious time
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: Sales Tech Support
Cons: You live down the strip
This is the most unprofessionally run call center that had a mix of old, less old, middle of the road and old timers.

No one knows how to actually fix the systems. Every tech sits there and introduces himself to the irate customer. I leave my manager,
Great company to work for
Product provisioning specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
Great management, friendly company, very family oriented, excellent pay. A company that is concerned with it's employees and provide services to employees that are needed
Worst company I ever worked for
Residential Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2015
Pros: Nice Office
Cons: Terrible hours, dangerous neighborhood of office location, high turnover
After 8 weeks of training on a non user friendly software application I past all my exams with a respectable score. Once assigned to my department, daily everyone was threatened to be fired if we didn't sell enough. Yet our sales were low because we spent half our day in senseless meeting. Ridiculous!
Managed website/provided content/worked on Channel 3 shows
Contractor/Website Developer (Former Employee), Tulsa OKApril 28, 2015
Managed website/provided content/worked on Channel 3 shows. Worked on various activities involving Cox channel 3. Enjoyed making graphics for various shows.
Work place was fun!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha NEApril 27, 2015
Was a very fun place to work and great people to work with. Our team was the best and my supervisor was awesome and was very supportive!
Great Place to work until job outsourced
IT Production Support Technician III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Culture and Pension
Cons: Senior Leadership decisions.
The culture of Cox is probably what stood out the most over the 15 years I was there. The benefits are exceptional (Pension AND 401K). They genuinely respect and look out for their people.

I would still be working there if my job was not outsourced.
Great company, good benefits
Retail Manager II- Cox Communications (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2015
Pros: Employee benefits start on day one, good work/life balance.
Cons: Competitive landscape continues to push the company to make too many changes, straining employee morale.
Cox continues to adjust it's culture to place significant focus on customer needs. The Net Promoter Score system was recently implemented to gauge tangible results from customer feedback.

The company went through a transformation in which several markets were consolidated into a centralized structure, resulting in the elimination of several redundant job functions across the country. During this process, customer's may have experienced some degree of frustration.

One of the great attributes of this company is it remains agile; ready to make necessary changes to meet customer needs, network reliability and improve business processes.
High stress- High Reward.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Great People, Great benefits, Great Culture. For the beginner it is a high learning curve. If you can manage stress, its a great job.
A nice office setting
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Parma, OHApril 21, 2015
A typical day at Cox would consist of answering customer calls and troubleshooting their cable TV, internet, or telephone problems. If the problem could not be resolved over the phone, an appointment would be made with the customer to have a field technician come out to their home and resolve the issue from inside the home. Management was very involved and always trying to help us improve our phone skills. Co workers were polite and professional.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Salaries

$55,000 per year
Customer Service Representative
$11.95 per hour

Cox Communications Photos

Excited to celebrate solar at Cox Communications in Rhode Island.
Cox Communications female leaders on the cover of CableFAX's "Most Powerful Women in Cable" issue.
Cox employees volunteering at the Sweep the Hooch clean up.