Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

Productive Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2015
Great environment. Great People. Good benefits. Great feedback. Great Stability.
Cox is an outstanding company to work for
Inbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Working for Cox 25 plus years I can't say enough good things about Cox. They take care of their employees fun place to .
work
great company
Cox Business Order Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Cox Communications was a great company for me. Benefits that started day one and job advancement was always there. You got free a cable channels, data and a discount on your telephone service as well.
I personally enjoyed my job
Retail Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Harahan, LAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great bonuses and incentives
Cons: always on call
This company offered bonuses and other incentives. Each day was a challenge. It was occasionally a fun place to work. It provided many on site function and celebrations. It had an opened door policy and embraced new ideas.
Productive and Fun
Communications / Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
I facilitated internal communications of company practices and changes pertaining to employee needs. Partnering with various departments when needed to assist them in any communication strategies such as new ideas, creativity or setting a new standard.

Editor of company’s core newsletter SIGNALS, positively promoting the Cox brand and culture to internal and external audiences.

Maintaining a balance between corporate initiatives, benefits, company vision while keeping an intimate focus on employees, events and achievements.

Very nice company to work for.
Loved being able to work from home.
Customer Service Billing/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Working from home was great. We could access chat if we needed answers to unusual questions. It was a fast paced job and I learned a lot there.
Learnt a lot and wore different hats
QA Test Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 20, 2015
Work at Cox was a lot of fun, great people, great technology and Company. Cox is going through a transition and a lot of work is being outsourced to stay competitive.
Cox Rep
Account Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: training from home
Great services, fast and reliable internet and cable provider.
No flexibility with work hours, shift or scheduling. Offered all benefits for health, did not provide dental insurance. Required to work every weekend, and evenings. I worked remote, from home.
Ask a lot of questions before accepting a job.
Mid Market Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free cox tv and internet
Cons: unattainable monthly quotas for someone who doesn't have vendors funneling business to you.
Cox as a company is great overall. Management in the business mid market needs to be held accountable for moral and their actions. Lots of turnover. In the hiring process how you are paid is glossed over and not spelled out until after you are hired. Ask lots of questions about compensation and rules of engagement before being hire. ROE specifically how inbound and outbound call centers function in regard to mid market outside sales.
fun environmnent
Inbound Sales Retention Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free chiropractor, .25 cent soda's, awesome co-workers
Cons: extremely slow results when trying to help customers with out of the ordinary situations., blaming other departments for issue and not wanting to help with solutions
great company to work for. excellant benefits, zen garden, game room with ping pong and darts, community garden and much more... excellent opportunity to move up within company
Fast Pace In Entertainment
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job stability
Handle inbound/outbound collection calls. Very fast pace and constant changes. Over all a good job but hard to advance. Over all company is more focus on money than the stability and mind set of the employees.
Fun engaging work enviorment
Residential Retention Team Coach/Assist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2015
COX is a wonderful company to work for. They do all they can to help you succeed in all you do.
Local Number Portability Rep
ROC Specialist II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay, compensation
Cons: limited opportunity for growth regionally
Assist with porting numbers from other carriers to Cox Communications. Aid reps with training matters. Built rapport with other companies.
Goal driven company
Technical Support (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 7, 2015
Goal driven company with customer surveys a top priority. I would recommend it as a company to make a career.
Comfortable and Knowledgeable work culture
QlikView Developer (Current Employee), atlantaJanuary 6, 2015
I can count every moment I worked with them.
Very excellent to work with all my teammates and manager.
I learnt new technological things .
Daily office environment is enjoyable.
comfortable work culture.
Exciting workplace to work for
Cox Business Customer Fulfillment Tech I (Former Employee), San DiegoJanuary 3, 2015
Learned quite a bit in the roles that I worked in at Cox. Very fast, upbeat and dedicated to their employees. Would recommend this business to other professionals.
great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Excellent training, good pay and benefits.
Demanding fast pace environment.
Productive place to work at
Bilingual Quality Solution Specialist (Former Employee), West Warwick, RIJanuary 2, 2015
Good Place to work with, had many employee perks! There were many opportunities to learn new things. Friendly work environment
Limited growth but fun workplace regardless of the fact there is no career advancement.
Technical Support Staff /Self Install Help Desk (Current Employee), Wichita, KS.December 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches during most of the holidays and peak season.
Cons: no room for growth.
A typical day at work
Assisting customers via the telephone as long as the need is there, attentive to all the memos that needs to be followed up. If one or more of Cox services to our customers does not functioning properly, my job is to go through a set of troubleshooting steps to try and get the services restored, think outside the box for solutions, able to determine when and to whom I should forward their issue whenever necessary.

The typical job environment, is the constant interaction with the customer. I feel blessed to be a peoples' person especially being able to tackle difficult issues under pressure. Strong customer service skills and technical skills have enabled my performance and increased my tolerance to work hard and meet my goals throughout. Ability to multitask from a service perspective; a technical issue, an account issue or an implementation of a new service. It feels great if the customers leave the call happy and satisfied with the 'employee efforts' and the positive attitude throughout the day, and I call it a good day.
Fast paced laid back enviornment
Department supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: free cable and internet
Cons: nothing
A typical day here was log into the phones and start problem solving for employees and customers. Lots of fun with low stress. Management was wonderful. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness. Sometimes, it felt like I would answer the same questions all day long. The most enjoyable part was working in a low stress enviornment. I had some good times there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos