Cox Communications

Cox Communications Employer Reviews

Amazing group. Would not have left if they weren't closing call center.
Technical Service Representative/Spanish (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
Amazing group. Would not have left if they weren't closing call center.
Senior Content Management integration Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2014
A good company to grow with , best team to work with . everyday new skills i learn.
Fast paced and short amount of time to make your money
Account Executive/Territory Manager (Former Employee), KSAugust 18, 2014
Hired as a summer sales representative, quickly learned products effect and technique as well as proper safety and handling. By
midsummer,
was promoted to site manager. Responsibilities included training and hiring stand staff, ordering and maintaining inventory,
accounting, customer relations as well as acting as lead sales representative. After 3 – more... years as site manager, I was promoted to territory
manager, responsible for overseeing 610
tent sales sites in a territory that covered three states. Responsibilities included researching new
sales sites, including conducting negotiations with city officials for proper licensure and to meet local codes and statutes. Served as team
leader for special events sales teams. Opened, qualified and closed new accounts. Recruited, interviewed and hired team members, with
emphasis on customer service, goal setting, product knowledge. Conducted territorywide
sales training and individual and site based
performance reviews – less
productive fun working environment
Solution Specialist (Current Employee), rancho santa margarita, caAugust 17, 2014
very solid company to work for, typical day is dealing with many issues of customer service, technical issues, troubleshooting and also sales.

customer relationships are a must, company is very focused on customers completing surveys based on interactions with reps, so you must always bring your A game.
Customer sales and service for local cable company
Inbound/Outbound Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free cable tv and internet
Cons: being stuck to a desk.
to provide customer sales, support and service. Receive and make phone calls. study and solve problems. I learned about cable tv, internet, and phone hook up in homes. Management was very generous with bonuses and a very nice place to work. Hardest part of the job was meeting always changing goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the competitiveness. – more... . – less
Great pay/benefits
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: i wasn't crazy about the shifts we worked
I learned that I can endure much more than I ever thought I could and my work ethic is a lot stronger as well.

My coworkers were great. They were my second family, although I spent more of my AWAKE hours with them then I did my biological family. I miss them, but we keep in touch.

The job was extremely stressful but we always seem to get through it – more... and supported each other. The job was constantly changing as we merged with other Cox locations/systems and that always created issues. We would always struggle through it and succeeded. – less
Great People, Great Benefits
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits included free cable and internet.
Cons: remote offices didn't always get the same attention as corporate offices
When they say Work Life Balance, they mean it. I never dreaded going in to work, I enjoyed my co-workers, and my boss was the best. The product that we provided was easy to believe in, it truly was a great product, always striving to stay on the cutting edge of the market.
Great Employer, good benefits.
Comm. Center Test Desk Technician (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAAugust 14, 2014
Cox communications is a good place to work with excellent benefits and offer free cable and internet as part of being an employee.
a fantastic place to work
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), West Warwick, RIAugust 12, 2014
my time at cox has been my best work experience both with the customers and employees.
a good place to work
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 9, 2014
Nice salary, good beenfits, and good managers and coworkers.
Productive and fun workplace
Analyst (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 8, 2014
A typical day is wonderful, very busy but productive and just a overall great place to work.
Great Place to Work
Home Service Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 7, 2014
Customer and technology driven but field technician are not valued in the highest regard and constant change in rules and regulation
Worked in the field
Fiber Optic Technician II (Former Employee), las vegas, nvAugust 6, 2014
Pros: management trusted me to make my own decisions on my jobs.
Cons: unsafe conditions for my contractor
Supervising projects, supervising contractors, going over plans and/or revising plans and visiting sites for status of projects.
Building long standing relationships with different hotel/casino personnel, and patience when training new employees in the field.
Weekly meetings was the only contact to give updates and deadline information.
Fun and outgoing
Doing – more... paperwork and stuck in the office alone.
Meeting in the field to have lunch together.s – less
Stressed and a daily headache
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good money if you can get it.
Cons: fearing for your job every week.
I literally had a headache everyday I swiped my badge to start my shift. most people just say that in a joking fashion... I had to visit my doctor who put me on happy pills to deal with going to work.
I don't want to dog the company, I loved my paychecks.. My bank account was happy.

Now that I'm no longer employed I value my sanity and non headache – more... days. The money simply wasn't worth the daily grind at the job. – less
Interesting position
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: i worked overnight.
Cons: jobs may have been in areas that weren't so safe.
I worked at night throwing the newspaper. I learned to not take any job for granted. All work should be given 100 %. Management was distant but fair. My co-workers were fun. The hardest part of my job was seeing the addresses to deliver the paper correctly. The most enjoyable part was that it was in the middle of the night so not much interaction.
Would not recommend
Tier 1 Technical Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 3, 2014
No opportunity for further advancement. The job was initially technical support, but later developed into sales
Best Company I ever worked for!
Fiber Optics Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, advancement
My experience at Cox was Great. I would love to work for them again.
Benefits were great family life was awesome money even better. Great time in my life. If you work for this company do your best and you will be rewarded for your hard work.
N/A
customer service/ctdi (Current Employee), customer serviceJuly 30, 2014
I help fix any issues that we have with able boxes. I also work at assembly line .
Easy
Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 29, 2014
This is a great place to work. There is the common call center bureaucracy but overall its a great place.
Tech Support Rep (Current Employee), Parma, OHJuly 29, 2014
Great place to work- they have great supervisors- everyone helps everyone type of team environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cox Communications

Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and – Read more

Cox Communications Photos