Cox Enterprises Employee Reviews

Extremely Family Oriented and a Super Place to Work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2018
I have been at Cox Enterprises for almost 2 years now. I have learned the Web Center Content Application and many things about Identity Management. The culture is very diverse and laid back. They are not micro mangers here. They value their workers and the jobs they do. Employees are their #1 priority. I enjoy getting to know each area of the company and what makes the wheels turn. It is very work life balanced. Remote working is always an option that is good to have and they offer it here at Cox.
Pros
Great Cafe, smoothies and Starbucks coffee
Cons
It is a very long commute for me
It used to be good
Sr. Data Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Since my co-worker became my boss this past year, things have been very stressful and hostile between him and others. I have been affected as well. However, since i need to relocate to Florida, I am not going to worry that much.
Pros
solid company that used to care and worry about its employees.
Cons
it is changing for the worst.
great place
WHEEL LIFE TOW TRUCK OPERATOR/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2018
the team atomosphire here is great they take care of their employees and try to help them grow in their duties and career with in house promotions and developmental training
good company
Senior Recruiter (contract) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
As a contractor, no benefits, full time employees on my team are allowed to work remotely 2X per week, wish this was available to contractors. When will companies realize they get so much more out of employees when they can work remotely??
Productive and great place to work
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
Great company and atmosphere!

I enjoyed the workplace culture and the camaraderie between all the people there. There is definitely an opportunity for upward mobility.
N/a
CONTRACT HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Great company. One of top employers in Atlanta market. Frequent restructuring of the business which leads to frequent downsizing. Great benefits and compensation package.
Great company with a good culture
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Cox is huge on work/life balance. The company was very enjoyable to work at. It was unfortunate that the organization had to go the changes that resulted in valued employees getting laid off like me.
Pros
Great benefits, great perks, great environment
Cons
Too much expansion that resulted in reorganization
Cox is great!
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 5, 2017
Cox offers a great pay and even better benefits. They are very diverse and do not tolerate discrimination whatsoever. Though it can be very juvenile, everyone generally wants to work as a team. There are always really cool incentives and contests!
Pros
great sales commission bonus, great benefits
Cons
micro-managing and lack of communication between departments
Cox Enterprises
Marketing / Event Specialist, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIOctober 5, 2017
Good company, good benefits. Lack of upward advancement if not in Atlanta headquarters. Good work life balance and vacation days. Management was understanding and professional.
Food poisoning if you want
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Other employees could hardly read or on drugs were underage overworked underpaid couldn't get the temperatures correct paid off healthcare workers for the state right in front of my very eyes if you ever go to the Cox catering because you'll get food poisoning they served raw corn two people raw turkey legs raw pork everything
Work environment
Desktop Support Technician Level II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2017
Cox is a great company to work for. Many great benefits and the work home life balance is very important as a company. Lots of pluses and minuses as all companies do. But overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, get to leave eartly on a holiday weekend
Cons
No paid overtime
I dont wish to
Technical Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 3, 2017
I don't wish to elaborate on my experience there. I do not feel I should be asked this type of question when displaying my information for job search.
Very productive
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Very nice and beautiful place to work. Clean environment and majority of everyone is friendly. Has room for advancement if you choose to pursue within the company.
Great place to work.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 10, 2017
great place to work, great company culture, awesome benefits. they are going through a rough period financially and are laying people off. That is the only reason I marked 2 stars for job security/advancement.
Pros
benefits, work/life balance
Cons
layoffs
A very aware company
Georgia - OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
This is a good company that works hard at ethics, fair employee relations, reasonable benefits, respect for employees, aware diversity and an overall pleasant place to work.
Pros
Cons
As usual, low pay scale
Excellent place to work
Advisory and Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
From the moment you walk into the work place, the brief interactions between colleagues, no matter the job title or position, is completely genuine and inviting.

Employees at Cox want to see each other succeed and it truly reflects in overall attitude displayed around the firm.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
N/a
Good people at the bottom and top. Middle Management very poor.
Manheim Auto Auction (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, WIJuly 1, 2017
The hardest working folks were the ones at the bottom. As soon as I showed interest in higher level positions, I was brought into HR for what seemed like an immediate scolding.This occurred 3 times in 8 months. Don't dare show too much enthusiasm, you will get knocked down as soon as you do.

Middle Management should really check in on their employees a little more frequently. Employees falling asleep in lot cars during work hours, Supervisors were either clueless, or didn't care.
Pros
Generous paid time off
Cons
Middle Management could care less about helping you succeed. Only when yearly reviews come around.
Great place
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2017
I love my job, my team, my department, and my clients. When tough conversations need to happen, they happen, but with careful thought while employing open, honest, and direct communication.
Good Company
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
Cox is a wonderful company. However, the leadership is changing and it's uncertain the direction it's going. Company is very strong financially but is seeking new opportunities (businesses) since the media is no longer as profitable.
Pros
Holidays, Vacation
Cons
Leadership Changes
Has potenetial
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
Good company but not the best management. Looks great from the outside and depends on department that you land in. Very cliquish environment most are promoted on who they no and not what they know.
Pros
Good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2