Cox Health

Cox Health Employer Reviews

Too much self interest
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: mon-fri
Cons: not enough space to type
People seem to have concern more about self interest than teamwork. I does not matter how hard you work, you might be thrown on the bus if you are not careful and step on someone's toe. There is no teamwork in the job. Don't ever think that you help them and they will help you. It does not happen that way.
Great People
Accounting Clerk/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great about taking time for your appointments
Cons: healthcare, low compensation, benefits aren't great
The compensation and advancement of this company are lacking; however, it's not lacking in good people.

-A typical day in the accounting department is hectic.
-I've learned an extensive amount of knowledge and skills while being there
-Management needs to work on communication skills
-Co-workers are fantastic. They are the good people I'm talking about, and there is no shortage of them.
-The hardest part is time management because there are many deadlines that are at the same time.
-The most enjoyable is getting to work with great people.
I loved my job and did not want to leave, but moved to Iowa for family.
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Patient registration, entering all new patient information, coding for patient estimates, collection of monies, patient care and transporting, daily balancing of drawer, preregistration for upcoming appointments, filing, faxing, copying, insurance verification, precerts, HIPAA compliant, medical terminology
Enjoyable atmosphere, fun to be around all types of people
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee), Springfield MOOctober 29, 2014
Cox health thrives on customer service. What a great place to work
Very interesting work. I loved working with the patients.
Medical Office Asst. III (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch three days a week. i loved the patients
Cons: the new manager would not let me change to part time even though she knew the circumstances.
I loved working with the patients and the other staff members. I learned a lot at this position. I needed to change to part time and was told from February until July that I could go to three days a week. Our manager retired and the new manager would not let me change to part time.
A great place to work.
Student Technologist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 26, 2014
The employer took real good care of its employees.Had fun everyday at work.
Disappointing, lack of on the job training.
customer service (Former Employee), Springfield MOOctober 23, 2014
Cons: expensive and poor benefits, poor management and snarky coworkers.
No breaks, lack of on the job training and poor management. Was so happy I was offered a position elsewhere
great place to work
Housekeeping/Janitorial (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 17, 2014
Pros: relaxed working environment.
Cons: no cons
the work was challenging, but relaxed. It felt great to make the facility a cleaner, fresher place.
good place to work, but pay needs to be better.
Paramedic (Former Employee), SpringfieldSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, eto pay, co workers
Cons: pay
Pay needs to be increased. Flat out. Good place to work. Being a paramedic is a tough job and deserves way more than 12 bucks an hour. Move north and get 5 more dollars an hour. Same job and just as busy.
Cox Health
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 16, 2014
Benefits are awful and expensive. Long hours and hardly any time for breaks.
Great work experience with great people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 18, 2014
Working for Cox was great experience for future jobs and I loved the people I worked with.
best job i've had
Surgery Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 30, 2014
enjoyed every minute of it. learned alot and its the main reason i'm going to school for nursing
Prefer not to say
Associate Professor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 20, 2014
I prefer not to give a review at this time. There is too much game playing among staff in this facility.
Kind People
Student (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 30, 2014
Co-workers were great here.
Management was constantly shuffled from one-position to another.
Productive environment with involved employees
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 18, 2014
My job duties included traveling to different clients work locations all across Missouri as well as managing on site staff in conducting the health risk assessments. My co-workers are all passionate about wellness and deeply involved with employee health. Hardest part of my job is managing several different accounts with several employees at each location, this is also the most enjoyable part of my job because I get to travel and see different locations and clients every day.
learn something new every day.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 16, 2014
Pros: very rewarding, always learning, interesting, never dull
Cons: as with any surgery there is always the possibility of life being lost.
Disassemble used surgical instruments and run them through washers. Seperate regular waste from biological waste. Dispose of blood products and biological waste. Reassemble cleaned instruments correctly using computer program to assist in identifying and assembling sets correctly and prepare them for sterilization. Sterilize surgical instruments using computer programs to determine correct parameters and sterilization type determined by instrument manufacturer. Some sets require steam sterilization, some sterrad and some gas sterilization. After sterilization the sets are ready to be placed on shelves for later use or on case carts for immediate use . Some sets such as permanent implants require biological indicators to ensure any possibility of infection has been eliminated. Case carts are pulled for scheduled surgeries also stat carts and trauma instruments are pulled often during a shift. It is a fast paced job. You are in constant phone communication with surgical services to ensure they have all instrumentation and devices needed for a successful outcome.
good place to work,lots of variety
PCAII/MA (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great work, good hours
helping the patients start the day, showers, vital signs, getting them moving again, you see all kinds of problems and meet all kinds of people
Excellent Place to work and plenty of opportunity to advance
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 7, 2014
I loved everything about working for Cox Health! The job atmosphere was great and the only reason I am not currently employed is due to the fact I had to leave for school.
fun workplace
Hulston cancer center- job shadow (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at the cancer center, I met new people and heard their stories about the battles of cancer. the co-workers were great to work with. everyone was respectful
Billing
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 17, 2013
Awesome place to work. Management was very accessible. Enjoyed the co-workers as well.