Cox Health Employee Reviews

Balancing, Logs, Billing Claims
Log Assistant - Billing Claims (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65802August 17, 2017
Balanced Medicare and Medicaid Logs. Took incoming phone calls from patients. Patient Billing and balancing of patient's file from the beginning of service until the date of service was paid to a -0- balance. Data Entry, Accounts Payable.
Pros
Enjoyed Balancing patient files.
Cons
Stressful
Not exaggerating
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 3, 2017
The worst. Terrible HR that refuses to do their job. Terrible supervisors. The CEO even states it's not his job when issues are brought up the ladder. I've worked in numerous different companies, good and bad, and this experience has been the worst yet. 4 of us are finally quitting this department in the next 2 weeks just to get some peace of mind. Your mental health should never suffer because your company refuses to care. Contacting lawyers should never feel like your only option. I treat my enemies with more respect than they treat their employees.
Pros
A job to pay rent so you aren't homeless...
Cons
Literally everything.
Na
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2017
There is a good cultural change going on currently at Cox Health. Management and upper administration understand the needs of the staff and the community. However, change in all forms can be slow, but change is happening.
Positive environment, room for advancement
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 6, 2017
Managers are pleasant to work with, and I have great co-workers, but the hospital keeps cutting staff, and I feels they make unsafe work conditions because they limit staff.
Pros
401K, Positive work environment
Cons
Less PTO than other hospitals
Love
Patient Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 29, 2017
Love Cox, great environment. The supervisors are understanding and caring. Patient Safety Assistant is a great job for college students who need to do homework and work.
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 27, 2017
Cox Health is a nice place to work, they treat everyone kindky. I am just looking for a job with weekends off, so I can continue doing my volunteering.
Centralized Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2017
Cox Health has worked with me the past four years while in college making my schedule flexible for classes. My department was very laid back and I was able to meet many other healthcare professionals who are willing to help me in the future.
Stable place to work
Lead Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 27, 2017
I have been with Cox for 16years.. The main hospital has a lot of dysfunction. Long hours and a lot of call. They did just start an excellence program for the surgical techs.
Pros
STEP program for technologist
Cons
Cost of living adjustments are rare
No chance for advancement if you are over 40
Pre-Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 16, 2017
All chances for advancement are reserved for kids in their 20's. Faithful employees and older workers are overlooked and not compensated well at all. Benefits are horrible -- for a health care provider, the health benefits are the worst. I did make alot of life-long friends while working t here.
Pros
Made alot of life-long friends.
Cons
Management shows preferential treatment.
Urgent Care
Urgent Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 11, 2017
Staff enjoyed their jobs and were easy to work with. Patients were well cared for. I only worked PRN so their were no benefits. The schedule was done per request.
Feels like a family
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 5, 2017
When you are a Cox employee, if you are lucky to find the right spot for a job, you become part of a huge family who cares about you and your own families,,
Pros
Just a great place
Workplace Culture
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 30, 2017
Loved the atmosphere, the people that work for cox are amazing. Reason why I want to continue to work for cox because of whom I worked alongside of each and everyday.
It's okay
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 13, 2017
The people were really awesome to work with, however the management can be difficult on certain floors stiffing advancement for many employees to pursue their over all career goals.
Pros
Team work, patients, professional environment.
Cons
Long hours, understaffing, lack of reward system.
Official response from Cox Health
March 20, 2017

We are creating new tools and resources to help people grow within the organization. If you're interested, please email celeste.cramer@coxhealth.com to find out more information. We are also launching a new reward system in the next few months.

Not intersted
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 3, 2017
I'd rather not give a review on a typical day at work, what I learned, management, workplace culture, in the hardest part of the job and so on. Thank you for your time.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 28, 2017
I had the most amazing manager she always went above and beyond to help everyone. My unit felt more like a family than coworkers. I learned a lot from the nurses they were always willing to teach me new things. The management team was always helpful and easily accessible. This is a great place to work i'm so sad to leave but I have to relocate I wish I could pick the hospital up and move it with me!
Job Shadowing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 16, 2017
I loved this medical program for high schoolers. Staff was so teachable, understanding, willing to teach the students, and most of all. welcoming environment.
My years
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Have enjoyed working for Cox these 32yrs. Have had two Great Boss. Seen 3 Managers, 4 CEO's in those years. Work place is like any where, the gossip, lazy or hard working people.
Most enjoyable part of job is the Call Center. Inter action with Patients who call. You get so attached to them. Especially long term ones.
Learned the difference in Diets,Grams, Carbs.
Pros
Make good Friends
Cons
working short staff
do not work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 15, 2017
this service is not run by professionals but by unqualified managers. there's far more good than bad about his company. I would not recommend working here. very hostile work environment with poor systems in place. there is very little room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Cons
bad management
few resources, rough culture, exciting!
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 29, 2017
This is a position that few are cut our for! One must be flexible, adaptable, low-maintenance, and always willing to step forward and help even in less than ideal circumstances. This is not a frill job and takes lots of hard work, but it's also very rewarding and each day is a challenge and exciting!
Long hours, inept management, low pay
Intake Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 27, 2017
I suppose much money is spent recruiting highly talented administrators, healthcare providers and accountants. That attention to detail, unfortunately, does not extend to front line employees. Turnover is high, pay is low and hours are long. The company knows it. If one somehow makes it through HR, who knows if they will hear from the hiring manager. If they contact you within a week, it is most likely because nobody wants to work in the department and they are desperate for workers. My department manager was finally fired, but the damage was already done. Most of our tenured employees of more than a year have quit to take outside positions.
Pros
Wellness program and HRA, cafeteria discount
Cons
expensive benefits, no free fitness membership, difficult to move up, low pay, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval