Cox Media Group Ohio Employee Reviews

Good first job, but far from optimal.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at Cox was mostly me sitting at a machine feeding ads and coupons into a line that makes a newspaper. I learned a fair bit about industry and machine work. My coworkers were all wonderful and the best part of the job. The worst part of the job was easily management and scheduling. I was frequently rescheduled without any warning, and management frequently seemed out to get me, up until the end of my employment there.
Pros
Good light industry experience. Nice coworkers.
Cons
Horrid management. Inconsistent schedules.
Exceptional family owned Fortune 500 company to work for.
ITS Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Family owned 119 year old company that provides a great working atmosphere. The division I work for is Newspapers, TV and Radio and is a number 1 media company.
Fast-paced work environment, far-flung clients
Newspaper designer. artist, Web Content producer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 26, 2015
The Newspaper Shared Services copy desk serves newspapers in Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Texas.

It is a fast-paced work environment, requiring the meeting of granular deadlines throughout the day and coordinating work with far-flung clients.
Cmgo
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 13, 2013
Fun place to work. Great benefits & pay is good. Constant change in management makes it hard to adjust.
Great friendly work environment. A great learning experience.
Commercial Production Paid Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioFebruary 21, 2013
I am given project by clients within the Ohio Region. I produce and edit 10, 15, and 30 second TV commercial spots for our local TV station, Channel 7 in Dayton, Ohio. I have learned editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas. I have great co-workers who I have participated in On-Location shooting. They have taught me about the process of getting a TV commercial done from start to finish. The hardest part of my job is how precise I want my project to be. Editing can take a long time, but I want the best work I can do. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and seeing my finished projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Media Group Ohio. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7