Cox Media Group Employee Reviews

Fun and educational experience
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
It's been a great entry level position and has led me to acquire many new skills to use in my career progression. It has been a slow climb but definitely well worth the time put in.
Fun work environment
On Air Talent / Promotions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for cox media group. They Allowed me to be creative and independent. My coworkers were great. Very team oriented. My promotions director was great, everyone was very flexible. Everyone looked out for one another. The mandatory meetings were productive.
Pros
Free event tickets
Cons
Late hours when I was on air
ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 3, 2017
Good company physically demanding. Good benefits. Clean shop.Very safety minded. Fair and treat employees with respect.They are organized. You get good break time to smoke or use the restroom.
Pros
free health club
Cons
Cool place to work just not innovative enough
JavaScript Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 29, 2017
This place was a really nice place to work but management was not the most open-minded to change and using newer technologies. This prevented the company from growing and lead to fellow co-workers either leaving before or after me.
Contantly evolving
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 28, 2017
Company is always evolving to keep up with the next generation technology. Training opportunities are available within the company to assist its staff grow and develop as the company evolves
Pros
training and promotion opportunities
Cons
Na
The people were nice.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2017
I was surrounded by smart people, so I learned quite a bit in my time there. It's a big company so don't expect nimble response to changes like an agency. Family friendly environment.
Pros
When I was there, monthly birthday cake!
Cons
It's a big company so it can be difficult to distinguish yourself.
unknown
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2017
I dont know why you are asking this.. I never worked here...Why does this keep happening.. this is the 10 surevey I have filled out and they keep asking me for info on companies I never worked for
Pros
dont know
Cons
filling out this survey
Fun relaxed team enviroment
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
Where is learned my sales skills due to the extensive sales training.

Relocated from Atlanta, GA, straight of college and hit the ground running. I loved that I was able to figure the sales process out myself with little guidance because it allowed me to develop my unique sale style.
I worked in a team environment which was great because it allowed me to learn from experience sales executives.
Huge company, great products but not the most positive work environment
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 18, 2017
Cox Media Group was my longest standing job. I really enjoyed selling radio and digital marketing. I had a huge client base and made excellent money. However, the work environment was the most negative I have ever seen. The stress was tremendous and never subsided, no matter how well you did. I decided to resign after my husband had a heart attack and lost his business. I needed some peace in my life, but to this day I think I might have made a mistake by leaving. However, I don't believe in regrets. You learn and move on and don't look back.

A typical day involved meetings with existing clients and new business prospects. I worked with clients to create a radio script that told their unique story and inspired customers to take action. With this being said I had to work closely with our creative department to ensure we were creating a compelling radio spot.

I had multiple managers during my tenure at Cox. Each brought something special to the table, in terms of what I learned. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the constant negativity in the environment. I think it is crippling and only hinders everyone. I had to learn to disengage from co-workers that were negative and focus on the positive, which was my clients (who were awesome).
Pros
Great products and excellent pay
Cons
negative work environment
Company No longer owned by Cox Media
Logistics Lead / Planner & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2017
Sold January 1st, 2017 to new ownership. Was very employee orientated in the early years. As the Company grew more emphasis was put on the profits and cutting spending.
Pros
Community Involved
Cons
Over the years cut back and eleminated employee functions.
Alright, but needs attention
Packaging Associate- Part-time (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 13, 2017
Personally, at my location not all the machine operators choose to operate them properly, not all the product lifts work properly( don't rise smoothly or not all the way up or down), management changes plans and doesn't inform staff until last minute which causes poor time management, confusion and stress among employees. the hardest part about the this job is not all your co-workers will do their jobs correctly which makes you have work harder to pick up their slack.
Pros
regular paid breaks, holiday parties, raffles and giveaways
Cons
poor pay
the best!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2017
This was the most beneficial experience I had in my career with the right mix of challenge, growth, learning. I was appreciated for my experience, allowed to share my ideas and was rewarded for my skill and attitude
Fun workplace, great place to start.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYMay 2, 2017
This was a great company to start my first ever internship with. The staff was extremely welcoming and wanted to teach me as much as they could. I was able to work in a variety of departments and learn about different aspects of working in a radio station. I enjoyed working on the morning show, as well as heading to promotional events with the team.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Nowhere to advance to
Difficult Upper level management
Key Account Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
Upper Level management constantly churning sales reps in and out the door. Poor compensation programs, ever changing protocol and standards. The new owners of the company are bent on removing tenured employees as cost saving measures.
Great Overall but not a Fantastic Work/Life Balance
Technical Director/Director (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 19, 2017
I have learned so much working here, but I was constantly exhausted trying to balance my career and home life. The benefits are great, but I would walk into work with little or no sleep each day.
Strong work enviroment
Lead Traffic Anchor/ Weekend Show host (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2017
Cox Media Group treats their employees well and it has been a pleasure to work for them for the past three years. The benefits package is incredibly generous. Management has an open door policy.
Excellent workplace for students and young professionals
REMOTE BROADCAST COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2017
hardest part of the job is self-motivation, other than that it's an excellent place to work, especially for young people, and out-going upbeat individuals.
Ok job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
Fun place to work but not fair in distribution of clients.
The industry has become more diverse and radio is becoming more of a secondary form of advertising.
A very productive workplace
rentention specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2017
They have a very professional atmosphere. It's a great company to work for. They have a dynamic team work and always willing to help you and show you how it's done successfully.
Pros
A great company to work for
Cons
There are no cons
Shrinking industry in top-heavy organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 18, 2017
A once-great company that was recently bought by a private equity firm. When people aren't flying to leave, they are laying people off for the purpose of survival. 60% of the organization is manager-level and above, so it's tough to get ahead. Culture is a very controlling one, and it's tough for young people to gather any transferable skills for their future career. Those that remain are safe in their roles - for now - but unable to develop their skills or the company much further. Digital and brand presence is abysmal.
Pros
Good benefits, nice people
Cons
No room for growth, snail's pace on the day-to-day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval