COX Media Group

COX Media Group Employer Reviews

Overall, great company with room for advancement and training to succeed.
Lead Technical Director/Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at COX Media Group very much. They have given me ample opportunities for advancement, leadership, and growth as an employee and team leader. I would highly recommend COX Media Group as an employer and place to grow as an individual.
Fun place, big workforce
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2014
its a fun place to work at, average benefits, not a lot of room for growth
Great, interesting co-workers; destructive upper management decisions
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2014
Cons: no sales team feel, unrewarding job, very frustrating, constant employee changes and consolidation of departments
Outside Sales:
Doing weekly and monthly reports.
Handling all retailer/school client calls for complaints and delivery issues.
Visiting retailers and schools on a route at least 2 days/week.
Planning promotions which will not produce enough results to make them worthwhile.
Continually calling corporate accounts for Aged Receivables, past due payments.
OK – more... commission, but no real rewards.
No sales team Comradery. – less
Productive workplace, exciting position
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2014
Spent more time out of the office than in it, most work was done at remotes or promotions events. Very exciting and coworkers in my age group. Best part of job was the major events and parties, as well as seeing clients' faces afterwards.
COX Media Group is a fantastic place to work
Sales Support/ Digital Trafficking Coordinator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: full cafeteria, gym
Could not ask for a better place to work. They really care about the overall care of each individual employee!
great business job
manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: nice job, once you have been there for a few years
Cons: job security
great job, but salary was very inconsistent. all tenured people had the biggest clients. while new associates had to try to find new business in a tight economy
Productive and energetic learning environment
Internship (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2014
During my internship here I learned a lot of valuable skills. Including radio production, promotions, news and on air talent. I believe the information that I received from this experience has prepared me to take on any task.
ok
Credit/Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Ok company if you do not require benefits. A typical work day.
Excellent Company
Digital Business Project Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent company. Wonderful benefits.
Large Company, You're just a number
Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2013
-Create ideas, campaigns for individual marketing plans.
-Increase and build new client relationships.
Fast Paced Environment with Wonderful People
Sr. Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2013
Pros: wonderful benefits and people
Cons: consistent overtime, very few lunch breaks, being volunteered for projects outside of your job description on a regular basis
I work with wonderful people on a daily basis! There is never a "typical day at work" when you are involved in the Human Resources department. I learned to be extremely quick in my proofing and found a way to be extremely efficient at multi-tasking while still being very detail oriented. The hardest part of this position is the incredible amount of – more... workload per person. Our department runs very lean, which means overtime and taking on additional projects that might not have anything to do with your job description, become a common situation. I absolutely love the people I work with and have a fantastic relationship with all of my co-workers. – less
Great organization
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 12, 2013
Pros: overall the best in its category
Very rare to find an organization that holds such high standards for both the external and internal customer.
Ok if this is your first job.
Digital Project Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: pay
Co-workers seem to get along well and have fun, management tries to make things fun by providing snacks, fun videos each week and cash awards for doing a good job. Pay is low and turnover is pretty high.
Maintain OnAir Quality
Production (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 9, 2013
Pros: fast pace and ever-evolving with news
Cons: when it gets overwhelming, ask for help.
Being a talk radio station, everyday is unique. The format bends to the news of the day including breaking government updates and local news.
Great industry
Sr. A/R Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 29, 2013
Pros: pension
Cons: long work days
Great company to work for. Great benefits and pension. High paced and fast industry.
Insufficient time for product delivery
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee), OhioJuly 27, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not enough hours, hard on my vehicle to deliver papers.
I come to work when our truck is on the way with the headsheets for the Dayton Daily News. The time that they would start the presses and get our truck to our branch did not leave enough time for most carriers to be done by the guaranteed delivery time of 5:30 am. I was not given enough hours to do the job that I hold the title for. The hardest part – more... of this job was trying to get all the work that needed to be done in 30 hours, and I had to forfeit time on multiple occasions to show 30 hours on my time card. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the pleasent carriers. They just rolled with work the way it was and made the job much easier. – less
Management Issues
Account Executive (Current Employee), AustinJune 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: disconnected management, double standard regarding local implementation of corporate culture and values
Ivory tower mentality of management shifts many of the burdens of execution to the staff.

Sometimes a high paycheck isn't enough when there is such a lack of managerial support and rampant nepotism.
High stress, not alot of positive interaction with team, fun perks like event invites
Marketing and Sales Executive (Former Employee), Milford, CTJune 25, 2013
Mostly developing new business. Alot of cold calling and internal sales meetings. Loved my clients. Learned alot about marketing and a variety of businesses.
Awesome place to work
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2013
I have enjoyed being a part of the promotions team at Cox Media Group, and learning from such a diverse group of people is truly a blessing. It is also great to have a job that I enjoy coming to.
Eye Opening
Account Executive (Former Employee), Athens, GAJune 23, 2013
This was my very first real job out of college and again, management was only out for themselves. When I asked complex situations about customer satisfaction and return of investment for the client, I mostly got a run around answer as if I were the client. This did not help relating the information to the ACTUAL client and after all, the client is only – more... concerned about ROI. When you cannot legitimately show the client their money is working with your marketing plan, you're not going to keep many clients in the long run. – less