Cox Media Group Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Senior AP Coordinator/AP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Over All - Cox Media Group is a great company to work for. They are family oriented. They constantly give back to communities through volunteering. It's a truly a fun place to be.
Competitive Place to Work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
Great work environment minus high stress and no room for advancement. Poor upper management with minimal communication between them. No consistency is policy across the floor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Not what it used to be
Build/Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Cox Media used to be a great company to work for. Due to changes in management, the focus on innovation and creation has changed. We have lost a lot of great people because of it.
Stable Environment - Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
Cox Media Group is a great place to work. It is family owned and they are committed to fostering a positive work environment. Sometimes difficult to transition into new opportunities but they consistently higher strong employees and managers.
Pros
Great benefits package, 401K match, well respected company
Cons
Long hours, hard to shift into new opportunities
Great Company to work for!
Business Manager/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Worked for them for 16 years and loved it. My position was eliminated due to the creation of shared services. Great culture, benefits and lots of fun concerts and events to attend.
Great Company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
Cox is a great company to be a part of. They provide an atmosphere to learn and contribute but at the same time push to employees to be innovative and creative to achieve company goals and solve problems. There are great benefits and a stimulating culture. The media industry is an industry in transition so job stability has been shaken which has been an hindrance to moarale. Nevertheless the the company and its employees continue to strive to achieve company goals.
Pros
stimulating work environment, benefits
Cons
unstable media industry
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 25, 2017
fun place to work, but not much room for growth. Management is great. People take care of each other. Salary could be better. Great networking opportunities.
Great place to work with super perks
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 24, 2017
You never know what may happen on any given day. You may see unusual people in the hall. Puppys running down the hall, or hear a sound check for a band you have never heard of, but find that you like their music. The normal day to day is pretty standard. Come in, do what is required and leave. But sometimes it gets crazy. That is what make the atmosphere wonderful.
Pros
Free food occasionally. Free concerts
Cons
work on tight deadlines
demanding when called to fix printing press that needs to print the papers due on a dead line
Electrical System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 5, 2017
I have only been with this company for a short period and would still be with them but they choose to close the print facility and move it to another location out of state. The opportunities to learn how to fix a range of different equipment was challenging mind set. Management let us control our operation but had a not so good information relay to the night shift guys. The most enjoyable was all the different talent of skills sets my co workers had.
Pros
good set of guys with good skill set to work with
Cons
Do not like the very late night shift
Training
Multi-Media Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2017
Cox need to train new-hires so they feel equipped to do their job successfully.

Much top down pressure which translated loudly on the sales floor. Most of the employees are a bit lost unless they have been employed longer than two years.

High turnover of sales people. Constant Performance reviews which seems like they are continuous documenting your performance for legal reasons
benefits
Cons
no training and poor management
Great place to work.
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
Company is very innovative and always looking how to make a difference in the media world. Their in-house research and partnered companies are the best I have ever seen.
The hours
Promoter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
If you have more than one job that is flexible with promotions than you can advance. And hard work really does pay off. Working and understanding promotions can be tough. Getting out of your comfort zone is a must talking to strangers and learning how to work as a team is a must. standing outside (heat/cold) working to promote the stations is part of the job. There are perks such as free concerts and meet and greets, that takes extra effort and work to see the shows. The job is a fairly easy job.
Pros
free concerts
Cons
hours
Unethical practice in the hiring process
Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 18, 2017
The department(Ideabar) engaged in unethical practice in the hiring process. I applied and interviewed for one job, in the end, they did a bait and switch and offered me a lower level pay job.

Do not believe the promise of job security, people getting laid off left and right.

Management are not effective, they are far from the "northern star" as they thought they are.
Pros
Creative work environment
Cons
Unethical managment
A great company with growth opportunity
Sales (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 17, 2017
I've worked at Cox Media Group in several capacities for more than more than 10 years. Cox Media Group has provided me with growth opportunities within several departments. From the advancement opportunities to the job culture and everything in between, Cox Media Group is an employer of choice that I recommend and will continue to recommend.
Awesome place to work
Manufacturing Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2017
Awesome place to work with relaxed atmosphere, plenty of paths for advancement, online courses available, good pay and benefits, cooperative community mindset.
Fun and productive work environment with a Popcorn Machine
Radio Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2017
I had a great experience working for Cox Media Group. Managers were invested in helping you grow professionally. The most enjoyable part of working for the company was ability to learn about the different departments.
I absolutely loved working here.
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 5, 2017
Competitive pay plus commissions! Hours are average and it's very fast paced. There's room for advancement and teamwork is a must. I loved seeing my local community on a daily basis as well.
Pros
Fast Paced and great commissions
Fun and educational experience
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
It's been a great entry level position and has led me to acquire many new skills to use in my career progression. It has been a slow climb but definitely well worth the time put in.
Fun work environment
On Air Talent / Promotions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for cox media group. They Allowed me to be creative and independent. My coworkers were great. Very team oriented. My promotions director was great, everyone was very flexible. Everyone looked out for one another. The mandatory meetings were productive.
Pros
Free event tickets
Cons
Late hours when I was on air
ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 3, 2017
Good company physically demanding. Good benefits. Clean shop.Very safety minded. Fair and treat employees with respect.They are organized. You get good break time to smoke or use the restroom.
Pros
free health club
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.