Cox Medical Center Branson Employee Reviews

Enjoyed co-workers
Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Branson, MOFebruary 13, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed co-workers, management not so much. Work was very busy, and always short-staffed. I did learn a lot about the medical field. I always enjoyed the patients that were kind, but there were always patients who were not so kind as well.
Fellow employees are great...management poor
RN (Current Employee), nursing poolJanuary 23, 2015
Merger tough...to say the least. First thing Cox did was adjust wages. Even though Branson cost of housing is 20-35% higher then Springfield. Reduced shift differential to a flat rate. Then by adjusting your base wage so your overtime is less.. Easy to do..let's say a RN base pay is $15 but they do a bunch of " incentives" to increase your wage. Your OT is based off your base wage..not what you actually make per he.

I worked for the prior organization for 10 plus years while I understand business is business if ACLU would look into business practices they would see a dramatic loss of employees with over 10 years of experience. Not to mention tombstone mentality. Also fine line between Medicare/Medicaid fraud..changing patients acuity level to increase reimbursement..ha ..I guess the $10 million dollar fine years ago fell on deaf ears
Employer of Choice
Employee (Current Employee), Branson moJune 28, 2014
Yes the merger was tough but what a great place. The culture of accountability make everyone perform at their best giving the best patient care. If you are not performing you can't expect to maintain your job. We are a family!
It was a good place to work. The merger was hard
Executive Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Branson, MOJune 12, 2014
Day at work was fast paced. It was a very patient centered organization. I enjoyed it all.
Worse place to work!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Branson, MOJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: great patients!
Cons: terrible management!
If you want to work where you are not valued as a human being then this is the right place for you! They will run you into the ground! They will make you work 12 to 14 days straight without as much as a thank you! If you don't fit in they will find a way to fire you! Even if you did nothing wrong! They will pin something on you and call you a liar when you step up and say you did nothing wrong! The two things I miss the most? Those would be my patients, and my co-workers. I miss going to work every day seeing my patients. Helping to make them feel better! I miss my co-workers that worked along side me. What I do not miss is the management at Cox Branson! They value patient comments, as they should, but they could careless what their employees have to say or feel!