Cox Medical Center Branson Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun fast paced work place
Recourse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 13, 2016
the typical work day was very busy and fast paced. im always on the go from the time I get to work to the time I clock out to go home. I learned time management skills In a hospital you need them you are always needing to get things done for patients. management always seemed to be willing to give a helping had when ever it was needed. My coworkers are awesome and always willing to give a helping hand.
Pros
awesome co workers.
Cons
pay
Felt like a traveling nurse.
CMA PRN Float (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 3, 2016
Worked as a PRN float was a very rewarding job for me. It felt good to be needed or wanted. It was a good feeling to be able to work or help other clinic when under staff, and appreciated your service.
Working with acute illnesses in children
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 13, 2016
Busy unit when we have patients as you are the only nurse in the unit most time without help.
I have learned how to manage my time without interruption.
There are nurses in range to assist problem is none of them have any pediatric experience.
Even though you have support from the sister unit, they often forget that you are there alone.
Children...What a reward to work with unbiased little ones.
Pros
Working without distractions
Cons
Only nurse in unit, often forgot about
Productive and Fun Workplace
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 10, 2015
Cox Medical Center Branson is an excellent place to work. My coworkers were positive, fun people. The company goes above and beyond to show appreciation to its' employees.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
Short Breaks
Poor Management
Case Manager/Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 5, 2015
While working at this hospital there was poor management and communication with staff. Poor morale among current employees, with a high turn over rate. Job security poor. Favoritism common among managers and employees they oversee.
Enjoyed co-workers
Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 13, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed co-workers, management not so much. Work was very busy, and always short-staffed. I did learn a lot about the medical field. I always enjoyed the patients that were kind, but there were always patients who were not so kind as well.
Fellow employees are great...management poor
RN (Current Employee) –  nursing poolJanuary 23, 2015
Merger tough...to say the least. First thing Cox did was adjust wages. Even though Branson cost of housing is 20-35% higher then Springfield. Reduced shift differential to a flat rate. Then by adjusting your base wage so your overtime is less.. Easy to do..let's say a RN base pay is $15 but they do a bunch of " incentives" to increase your wage. Your OT is based off your base wage..not what you actually make per he.

I worked for the prior organization for 10 plus years while I understand business is business if ACLU would look into business practices they would see a dramatic loss of employees with over 10 years of experience. Not to mention tombstone mentality. Also fine line between Medicare/Medicaid fraud..changing patients acuity level to increase reimbursement..ha ..I guess the $10 million dollar fine years ago fell on deaf ears
Employer of Choice
Employee (Current Employee) –  Branson moJune 28, 2014
Yes the merger was tough but what a great place. The culture of accountability make everyone perform at their best giving the best patient care. If you are not performing you can't expect to maintain your job. We are a family!
It was a good place to work. The merger was hard
Executive Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 12, 2014
Day at work was fast paced. It was a very patient centered organization. I enjoyed it all.
Worse place to work!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 23, 2013
If you want to work where you are not valued as a human being then this is the right place for you! They will run you into the ground! They will make you work 12 to 14 days straight without as much as a thank you! If you don't fit in they will find a way to fire you! Even if you did nothing wrong! They will pin something on you and call you a liar when you step up and say you did nothing wrong! The two things I miss the most? Those would be my patients, and my co-workers. I miss going to work every day seeing my patients. Helping to make them feel better! I miss my co-workers that worked along side me. What I do not miss is the management at Cox Branson! They value patient comments, as they should, but they could careless what their employees have to say or feel!
Pros
great patients!
Cons
terrible management!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Medical Center Branson. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9