Cox Ohio Publishing Employee Reviews

Sliding into oblivion
Assistant Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 17, 2017
What was once the proud flagship of Cox has fallen on hard times as they have ineffectively struggled to reinvent themselves. They are a traditional media company with inflated pricing that has experienced extreme downsizing in the past decade. Employees are constantly fearful of loosing their jobs. The few that are safe are closely tied to the CEO/Market VP leader. Anyone nearing 55 and/or retirement are very likely to be on the chopping block to remove higher salaries and benefits.
Generally was a great place to work.
Ad Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 12, 2015
Opportunities for advancement were available. Non exempt allowed for a day. Exempt was basically a 24/7 operation at times in production areas, as a printed product had to hit the streets everyday. For most part it was a fast paced, exciting culture requiring multi-tasking and last minute changes. It was a good place to learn and grow and meet many interesting people.
Not able to reply
Journeyman Pressman (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2013
Cox media was where I worked for 8 years until they laid me off the first time and brought me back at half wage then laid me off again.
Working part time while searching for a full time job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 8, 2013
Didn't like the hours I was giving. There was a lot of favoritism along with no advancement within the company.
Pros
work and balance school
Cons
not enough hours and no advancement
Excellent place to work!
Electronic Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  OHMarch 25, 2013
This is a great company to work for. They are very generous. I was never laid off. The work was very interesting. Wish I was still there!
Pros
great pay and lots of overtime available.
Cons
no cons.
Enjoyed my time there with great co-workers. Also learned a lot.
Graphic Designer/Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioSeptember 17, 2012
Great company to work for, but they have had to downsize and do more with less like everyone else. Therefore, I lost my job. A typical day was very busy meeting various deadlines. Learned to deal with stress, and learned a lot about InDesign. My co-workers were great people. Some are still there. Most have moved on like me.
A wonderful place to work
Graphic artist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 11, 2012
CoxOhio was a great place to work when times were good. However, changes in the newspaper industry inevitably affected the work environment there, as in all the other major national newspapers. However, If I hadn't reached retirement age I would have stayed.
Pros
great benefits, wonderful coworkers
Cons
union issues, decline in relevance of newspapers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cox Ohio Publishing. Our community is ready to answer.

Cox Ohio Publishing Reviews by Location