Cox Employee Reviews

Great Company
Quality Analyst and Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2016
Cox Inc is a great company with a lot of potentials that offer a lot of opportunities.
Despite all the opportunities that the company offers, most of the employees are worried about their job security.
Great Company
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2016
Great company to work for, they take care of their employees. Great paid training. But not much work life balance as a retention agent. Its a very stressful position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stressful
Fun work place
Customer Retention Leader (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 4, 2016
Very friendly and fun work place. Always doing things to encourage the employees. And always looking to promote from within the company.
Employees make the company
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they were a great group of people and made coming to work enjoyable day after day! The company offers many employee incentives.
Pros
great perks! company BBQ's, parties etc.
Cons
no comment
Great place to work just not alot of ability to move up
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2016
• Selling the benefits of internet, cable, home security and landlines.
• Created weekly presentations and spreadsheets of progress and revenue.
• Maintained Relationship sales with Residential customers, based on their needs.
Pros
Great commission package
Cons
not able to make a career
Cox sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2015
At work I will put in orders in the morning that I have sold the night before then I call on perspective customers that are looking for services. I attend morning sales meetings and talk with team about pricing and packages. Drive out into my turf with my ipad and residential leads, Work 6-8 hours knocking door-to door in the turf then home to call on missed calls and people not home that day. The hardest part of the job was when not a lot of people were home or our installers were backed up and we couldn't promise installation for several weeks.
I enjoyed working with the public and selling Cox products and learning more about new product lines. Enjoyed my co-workers and helping them in the field knocking doors and learning sales strategies.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Being backed up on installs with company ande having to tell customers
sunday cook outs
Pumper/Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 13, 2015
really good company fast paced grew rapidly learned many new things great tutor schedule and money was great when i started work slowed down so did money
100% Employee owned
Contract Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Long IslandOctober 3, 2015
Small Business 100 or so employees but we are all family.
It's a 100% employee owned (ESOP) employees don't leave there In 15 years I've attended well over 36 retirements. We're a family and we all work together to get the job done!
Pros
ESOP; Provide a sum of money for transportation needs
Cons
Several which are much easier to describe in person to get the whole picture.
Great Staffing
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
very diverse staff members they were willing and able to share their culture with all that were interested, they also worked very well with all staff.
Pros
compensation
Cons
relocation
amazing place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2015
great place to work they really care about the empoloyees. great place to retire and great insurance plans all around great job best ive had yet
Productive, and sometimes stressful, but rewarding.
Runner/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 19, 2015
Complete case research via LexisNexis and Westlaw databases. Correspond daily with clients, insurance adjusters, doctors and attorneys. Drafted legal complaints, summons and interrogatories. Compose and type routine letters of correspondence. Direct incoming calls to appropriate staff members. Use computer databases, credit reports, tax and legal fillings to locate persons and compile information for investigations.
Pros
Friendly work environment. Close to ISU campus. Plus they worked with me on my schedule, plus they helped me learn important working skills.
Cons
Unbalanced work load. Sometimes there would be nothing that I was capable to do, which just let me sitting there.
cox is a great company however there not as family orientated as they claim
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 8, 2015
cox is a great company however there not as family orientated as they claim they could care a little bit more the work/ome balance is not there if u work there u work there not many days off
Great work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 14, 2015
Enjoyed working for Cox Radio, Inc. Management teams were very dependable and training was top notch. Working with business owners and helping them with their advertising needs. Gratification when you see businesses grow
very well structured
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 7, 2015
On a daily basis inspected:gauge tanks and oil wells, gas,water meters.separators,heaters,units,flow lines. Overseeing production in a safe manner.
long days
Account Receivables Management (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 24, 2015
A typical day would be to pull reports to see what has posted or has not posted. check emails to see if there is any assignment that were not completed. Once that is done you will then work on assignment that has been sent to you by email from other reps in other department trying to locate payment, equipment, wire transfers ect. Management is helpful and so is my coworker I have learned how to work as a team this job is truly a team effort. The hardest part of this job is just knowing all the function and how to move though the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the customer account are correct.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Nothing I was told was true
Funeral Director/Embalmer (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Cannot disclose, nothing I was told about what I would be paid, my hours, benefits or anything was true, it was all a smokescreen to cover up what is not true.
Pros
some of the people are very good people
Cons
smokescreen
ok
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2014
Self Employed was always a good thing but needed more money.
Pros
self employed
Cons
steady pay
A great place to work
Patient Care Representetive (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 21, 2014
An amazing place to work with such caring and sensetive managment
Best job so far. Fun,Exciting,Live,Vivid,Awesome,Amazing with side order of Coolness
O.A. Person/Host/Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 31, 2014
I'm excited to go in even after all these years still! I learned team work & Amazing customer/clientele/ co-worker relations. Management varied per supervisors/owners but all have good & not so good qualities but all were cool & you're able to communicate with them. Open door type relationship.Co-workers are cool but you hardly see anyone due to different shifts. Parties were FUNTASTIC because u got to catch up with everyone and have a great time. The hardest part of the job....going home. I enjoy it that much. I stay over a few hours and do extra stuff. I ask for more hours I enjoy coming into work...look forward to it every time. I enjoy the LIVE part and talking to new and different people & just listening to them and make them laugh.
Productive and friendly enviroment
PROFESSIONAL SECURITY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2014
Meeting customers at there home and presenting the presentation of the company products.

2.9