Cox Employee Reviews

Landscaping
Landscaping Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, coloradoJuly 23, 2017
Walked during the duration of the day and drove job site to job site. We followed our route and mowed grass, edged, sprayed weeds, used the weed eater, and finished everything with blowing to clean up the property.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Environment
Excellent Environment with Flexibility
HRA Health Risk Assessment Biometrics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 15, 2017
PRN with Cox HRA Corporate Wellness team is an excellent working environment with professional fitness and wellness pros, upbeat, energetic and flexible hours.
Pros
wellness objectives and positive supportive atmosphere
Cons
early mornings are rought but fit my schedule perfectly
Cox Communications
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 11, 2017
Cox overall is a good company to work for. They treat their employees fairly and compensate you well for you work. The workplace culture is inclusive and decent. The hardest part of the job is meeting goals and the hours you have to work. Overall I would give it 3 stars due to the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Free cable, lunches, great benefits, good work environment.
Cons
Long hours, overly competitive, mandatory overtime, sedentary.
Great place to grow.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orleans, FRApril 11, 2017
Cox Communications is an excellent workplace for you to grow in your career. It has amazing benefits! The company is very fast-paced and competitive. Cox Communications was a great place for e to grow in my career.
High stress sales
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2017
Cox had great benefits and was a fun place to work. Expectations were high, and sales requirements were expected. Free service was a plus. I was only there as a temp
Pros
free service
Cons
high stress sales
Excellent.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70806March 4, 2017
typical day at work consist of friendly attitudes and enjoyable moments. You learn new things on a daily basis the company is steady expanding so there is never not an opportunity for you to grow. Management has to be the best they work with you and have the best outlooks and suggestions. Super cultural so diverse within the company you have to opportunity to meet new people. The hardest part is learning patience lol but it's pretty easy and simple. The most enjoyable part is EVERYDDAY there's is never a dull moment in cox.
Diverse Workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 7, 2016
Great place to jump start your career. There is a lot of room for advancement after you've been employed with the company for a least year. Excellent benefits and almost free cable!
Interactive workplace
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2016
Cox is a fantastic place to work, it has amazing benefits and helps you grow personally. Everyone that works for cox is very kind and has a professional atmosphere.
A regular work place/ Factory
Assembler Tech (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYNovember 10, 2016
I am always early to work with a good working spirit , I learn a lot working at Cox & Company in the aerospace field, from working with power tools and fiber glass to electric wires was a great experience,
Management was good always positive and helpful.
My co workers was very helpful and hardworking the hardest part of the job was to leave to Rx Pharma and the most enjoyable part was getting up to work, making thing with power tools with my hands.
Pros
Company BBQ and Christmas party
Cons
short breaks
great learning opportunity
INSTALLATION TECH (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 5, 2016
mostly internships
great opportunity to learn about the business world
staff and teachers were very helpful
peers were all on the same page
learn valuable things to help become successful
Great Company
Quality Analyst and Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2016
Cox Inc is a great company with a lot of potentials that offer a lot of opportunities.
Despite all the opportunities that the company offers, most of the employees are worried about their job security.
Great Company
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2016
Great company to work for, they take care of their employees. Great paid training. But not much work life balance as a retention agent. Its a very stressful position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stressful
Fun work place
Customer Retention Leader (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 4, 2016
Very friendly and fun work place. Always doing things to encourage the employees. And always looking to promote from within the company.
Employees make the company
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they were a great group of people and made coming to work enjoyable day after day! The company offers many employee incentives.
Pros
great perks! company BBQ's, parties etc.
Cons
no comment
Great place to work just not alot of ability to move up
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2016
• Selling the benefits of internet, cable, home security and landlines.
• Created weekly presentations and spreadsheets of progress and revenue.
• Maintained Relationship sales with Residential customers, based on their needs.
Pros
Great commission package
Cons
not able to make a career
Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Excellent environment! Very contemporary approach to what a work environment should be like.

Transparent and open communication.
Teamwork.
Training and development focus.
Cox sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2015
At work I will put in orders in the morning that I have sold the night before then I call on perspective customers that are looking for services. I attend morning sales meetings and talk with team about pricing and packages. Drive out into my turf with my ipad and residential leads, Work 6-8 hours knocking door-to door in the turf then home to call on missed calls and people not home that day. The hardest part of the job was when not a lot of people were home or our installers were backed up and we couldn't promise installation for several weeks.
I enjoyed working with the public and selling Cox products and learning more about new product lines. Enjoyed my co-workers and helping them in the field knocking doors and learning sales strategies.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Being backed up on installs with company ande having to tell customers
sunday cook outs
Pumper/Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 13, 2015
really good company fast paced grew rapidly learned many new things great tutor schedule and money was great when i started work slowed down so did money
100% Employee owned
Contract Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Long IslandOctober 3, 2015
Small Business 100 or so employees but we are all family.
It's a 100% employee owned (ESOP) employees don't leave there In 15 years I've attended well over 36 retirements. We're a family and we all work together to get the job done!
Pros
ESOP; Provide a sum of money for transportation needs
Cons
Several which are much easier to describe in person to get the whole picture.
Great Staffing
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
very diverse staff members they were willing and able to share their culture with all that were interested, they also worked very well with all staff.
Pros
compensation
Cons
relocation