Coyne College

Coyne College Employer Reviews

Adjunct for medical billing and coding
Advance Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee), chicago,illNovember 25, 2013
taught advance coding class it was a pleasure working for this company with student teaching medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT
student worker
Secretary Assistant/ student nworker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: feeling adult like. eating great food when staff had meetings.
Cons: feeling under pressure at times because they expected only the best from me
I was only on the job for a while but I enjoyed being around staff. I was a student but after class I was staff and listening to my dean and other staff matured me. it was a great opportunity.
productive
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2013
Cons: lack of management support
Lecturing, hands-on training. Co-workers were not team players. The hardest part of my job was lack of support from management. The best part was the graduations.
Productive day
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2013
inbound/outbound calls customer service give tours of the campus paper work
work
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2012
Pros: free hour lunch
Cons: no room for advancement
great place to work been working here for four and a half years. I have learned a lot about financial aid and working with students seeking to enhance their education.
a.a.s degree student
a.a.s ecp student (Former Employee), chicago ilNovember 9, 2012
Pros: i got a certificate
Cons: if you have no experience in the, field getting a job is hard unless u kiss up hard enough to someone in career services
I graduated in 2010 coyne never found me a job they never gave me information on job leads either.the a.a.s degree in ecp
was a bad decision if anyone wants a certificate in electrical, do the diploma program not the degree program it doesn't prepare. You enough. With no experience in electrical and no help from career services all I have is debt and no apprenticeships open in chicago. If I could do it over I would get a diploma in the hvac program or went to some other school.
Very hands on and the staff is extremely helpful.
Assistant to the Director of Education (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2012
Pros: the whole atomsphere of the comapany.
Cons: more hours, im only allowed to work a specific amount because i am hired as a federal student worker.
My typical day consist of normal office duties includes doing various task for the faculty as well.
Productive workplace
Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJuly 23, 2012
A privately owned college who attempts to assist students in improving their lives.
Ok work environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2012
Pros: financial aid director
Cons: controller
ok place to work, grewat hours, director of Financial Aid great person to work for, Assistant Director and Director of Admission great people to work with.
A solid privately owned instution with a long history of educating students in relevant trade skills.
Business Office Aid (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2012
Pros: trust, responsiblility, challenged, appreciated, rewarded, respected, encouraged.
Cons: no benefits such as holiday pay or insurance.
A day at work involved being invested with a high level of trust. My position required me to have access to sensitive information regarding both the students and staff. My goal was to gain insight into the business structure and function of a small business and trades college. Coyne College has two campuses in Chicago both are located in the impressive downtown business district of the city. The school has also acquired in recent years a school in Atlanta, GA that trains in the field of court reporting. I had the opportunity to see the expenditures and also gained some insight into the amount of revenue that flows through this insitution. Management gave me extensive flexibility in executing my responsibility and I was allowed to work independently with little supervision. The school has a strong policy emphaszing a high level of professional behavior for both students and staff. The most difficult part of this job was knowing that as a student worker in the federally funded student worker program that the position would end with the completion of my schooling. The most enjoyable part of the job was the treatment of respect given as a colleage even as my status was also a student.

March 20, 2013

Coyne is a solid institution with over 100 years in the business. I trust Coyne college and the staff of professionals very much indeed. Being a graduate of two different fields at coyne and owning my own business. I will only hire Coyne college electrical graduates for my business.