Coyne College Employee Reviews in United States

Aloof, condescending, antagonistic, problematic...and that's the apex
Staff (non-faculty) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Doing what you're asked to do isn't good enough. Training is non-existent. Technology is little better than when the school first opened. Worse, depending on the mood and whim of senior management, you may experience humiliation in front of your peers. Real old school (literally and metaphorically) b.s. The culture and environment is as stale as a Depression-era lightbulb. Quite sad. Advice to Curse College job seekers: look elsewhere.
Pros
your own parking space.
Cons
backward, unhelpful, clique-ish upper management. no professional development/encouragement/advice. ever. ever.
A solid privately owned instution with a long history of educating students in relevant trade skills.
Business Office Aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2012
A day at work involved being invested with a high level of trust. My position required me to have access to sensitive information regarding both the students and staff. My goal was to gain insight into the business structure and function of a small business and trades college. Coyne College has two campuses in Chicago both are located in the impressive downtown business district of the city. The school has also acquired in recent years a school in Atlanta, GA that trains in the field of court reporting. I had the opportunity to see the expenditures and also gained some insight into the amount of revenue that flows through this insitution. Management gave me extensive flexibility in executing my responsibility and I was allowed to work independently with little supervision. The school has a strong policy emphaszing a high level of professional behavior for both students and staff. The most difficult part of this job was knowing that as a student worker in the federally funded student worker program that the position would end with the completion of my schooling. The most enjoyable part of the job was the treatment of respect given as a colleage even as my status was also a student.
Pros
trust, responsiblility, challenged, appreciated, rewarded, respected, encouraged.
Cons
no benefits such as holiday pay or insurance.
a.a.s degree student
a.a.s ecp student (Former Employee) –  chicago ilNovember 9, 2012
I graduated in 2010 coyne never found me a job they never gave me information on job leads either.the a.a.s degree in ecp
was a bad decision if anyone wants a certificate in electrical, do the diploma program not the degree program it doesn't prepare. You enough. With no experience in electrical and no help from career services all I have is debt and no apprenticeships open in chicago. If I could do it over I would get a diploma in the hvac program or went to some other school.
Pros
i got a certificate
Cons
if you have no experience in the, field getting a job is hard unless u kiss up hard enough to someone in career services
productive
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2013
Lecturing, hands-on training. Co-workers were not team players. The hardest part of my job was lack of support from management. The best part was the graduations.
Cons
lack of management support
work
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2012
great place to work been working here for four and a half years. I have learned a lot about financial aid and working with students seeking to enhance their education.
Pros
free hour lunch
Cons
no room for advancement
Great place to network with others and learn
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2013
I would punch in procede to the lab and assist various students in the sciences of HVAC. I learned how to recover, vacuum, charge, and service light commercial refrigeration systems. I got along well with the instructors, students, and the boss. This job came with a lot of experience in regards to enhancing my troubleshooting skills, and communicating with people. This work was not hard, and what I enjoyed most was helping others understand this work by communicating with them in a language that they could understand.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
the were none
student worker
Secretary Assistant/ student nworker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
I was only on the job for a while but I enjoyed being around staff. I was a student but after class I was staff and listening to my dean and other staff matured me. it was a great opportunity.
Pros
feeling adult like. eating great food when staff had meetings.
Cons
feeling under pressure at times because they expected only the best from me
Very hands on and the staff is extremely helpful.
Assistant to the Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2012
My typical day consist of normal office duties includes doing various task for the faculty as well.
Pros
the whole atomsphere of the comapany.
Cons
more hours, im only allowed to work a specific amount because i am hired as a federal student worker.
Ok work environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2012
ok place to work, grewat hours, director of Financial Aid great person to work for, Assistant Director and Director of Admission great people to work with.
Pros
financial aid director
Cons
controller
Adjunct for medical billing and coding
Advance Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  chicago,illNovember 25, 2013
taught advance coding class it was a pleasure working for this company with student teaching medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT
Productive workplace
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJuly 23, 2012
A privately owned college who attempts to assist students in improving their lives.
Productive day
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2013
inbound/outbound calls customer service give tours of the campus paper work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coyne College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2